OtakuBoards

Maximo: Ghosts To Glory

Charles

There's no doubt that Sony's Playstation 2 enjoyed a successful holiday season, courtesy of games such as Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X. However, sometimes I find myself becoming tired of brilliant cinematics and longing for the good ole' gameplay of the 16 bit era.

I haven't had the chance to pick the game up yet, but this next generation Ghouls n' Ghosts is heavily hyped as a game that evokes gameplay nostaligia while implementing the top notch graphics that the gaming public has grown accustomed to.

Having read reviews(internet, publication and reader) I find opinions to be quite mixed. I'm wondering if anyone here feels that the classic hack n' slash gameplay still has a place amongst the cinematic masterpieces that dominate the market.

[SIZE=1]Yes, I am really looking forward to Maximo. I have a demo. I found some of the controls a bit diffidult, but the gameplay and graphics are really cool :) Although, even at the beginning I found it a bit hard... or maybe that's just me :whoops:[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]This is a very, VERY fun game. The play is fast paced, and the levels are fun, but of course linear. You can go back and play any board over and over, which is good if you need to get health, armor, coins, items, or just master the level =)

Playing on some of the levels, it gets very annoying with the camera angle, and sometimes, some of the obsticals set up are quite annoying to get past.

All in all, I have not played too much of this game, but I find it very fun already, and will have to devote a whole night to it sometime =P going back and mastering many of the levels I sorta flew through.

Hmmmm. . . . State of Emergency or Maximo. . . hmmmmm >_< Tough one. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i wrote a preview on it for OG and we wont mention any names ADAM ADAM ADAM didnt put it up before the game came out...
but i think it will be at least a 9 out of 10 game... i dont think it will be perfect cause i dont think some people will like the death coins but i think it looks like a brilliant game!
but then again... who knows i mean who want to save 4 (scantly clad) wise soceresses and a pincess/quessn? pshhhhh not any sane guy i know would turn down the chance[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]It probably will...I miss those fast paced videogames that dominated the 16-bit systems IE: Ninja Turtles IV, Smash TV... [/B][/QUOTE]

my god, how I was addicted to turtles 4 on the snes, sniff....

maximo looks cool, I'll probably rent it before I buy it though....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]It probably will...I miss those fast paced videogames that dominated the 16-bit systems IE: Ninja Turtles IV, Smash TV... [/B][/QUOTE]
Ah, Ninja Turtles.... that was a great game. Kept me and my friends hooked for ages..... hmmm, I don't think I completed the game... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

my god, how I was addicted to turtles 4 on the snes, sniff....

maximo looks cool, I'll probably rent it before I buy it though.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Turtles 4, na. Snes, na. Go Sonic on the Sega Genisis (Megadrive) Those were the coolest games ever released. I am so pumped about there release on the GBA. But games like Sonic, Road Rash 3 and Terminator 2, made the Sega Genisis one of the coolest consoles ever released. Sure no awesome graphics games. But awesome gameplay.

Just like Grand-Theft-Auto 1 when it was released. Every review i read said 'Pig ugly graphics, worlds best gameplay' And that's what games should really be about, gameplay.

So i suggest to you all, to do what i'm doing, and put you PS2, Gamecube or X-Box in the closet. And pull out the old Sega Megadrive, Nes, Snes or Sega Master system. Play those good ol' games. And bask in their glorious gameplay.

R u guys serious? I mean, my friend, his little brother rented it and from what my friend can see, the game is awful. He said it was a very childish game. The again, he has games lik mgs2, gta3, and Max Pane, and he thinks they r great. They are and all, i just think this guy is a violence game fanatic.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]So i suggest to you all, to do what i'm doing, and put you PS2, Gamecube or X-Box in the closet. And pull out the old Sega Megadrive, Nes, Snes or Sega Master system. Play those good ol' games. And bask in their glorious gameplay. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]First off. . The Nintendo GAMECUBE is ALL about the gameplay ^_^ I know there are bad games on every system, but it is pretty hard to find one for this beauty =P Ok, done spilling =)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan[/i]
[B]R u guys serious? I mean, my friend, his little brother rented it and from what my friend can see, the game is awful. He said it was a very childish game. The again, he has games lik mgs2, gta3, and Max Pane, and he thinks they r great. They are and all, i just think this guy is a violence game fanatic.[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Secondly. . Your brother sounds like someone who would be anti-Nintendo, am I correct? People are always SOOOOO quick to turn down a game based on it's looks, instead of playing for the gameplay/challenge/fun level. . (trust me though, I know most of you are not like that though ^_^ just saying) Oh well though. . no one can tell anyone else what games to play =)

I will continue to play Maximo because I think it is fun, and offers a unique challenge ^_^ Course. . State of Emergency is a laugh a minute =P So I will have to bide my time well then, won't I? Hehehe [/SIZE][/COLOR]

From what I have seen Maximo seems to be a fun game,using different sword abilities,finding all different kinds of boxers,fighting enemies and the big bosses,and finding all armors through out the game.Bringing the classic hack n slash is simply brillant,with all the great inspiration from the classic days Ghoul N' Ghost.

I'll definitely give this game a try whenever I a chance have to go over my friend's house.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Secondly. . Your brother sounds like someone who would be anti-Nintendo, am I correct? People are always SOOOOO quick to turn down a game based on it's looks, instead of playing for the gameplay/challenge/fun level. . (trust me though, I know most of you are not like that though ^_^ just saying) Oh well though. . no one can tell anyone else what games to play =)

I will continue to play Maximo because I think it is fun, and offers a unique challenge ^_^ Course. . State of Emergency is a laugh a minute =P So I will have to bide my time well then, won't I? Hehehe [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Not MY brother. My FRIEND'S brother. I hav no idea whether he likes nintendo or not. Wait, i do kno that he did not want a gamecube, either ps2 or xbox for christmas. My FRIEND is the one who hated the game.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan [/i]
[B]
Not MY brother. My FRIEND'S brother. I hav no idea whether he likes nintendo or not. Wait, i do kno that he did not want a gamecube, either ps2 or xbox for christmas. My FRIEND is the one who hated the game. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ahhh, my appologies for the mistake. But he still does strike me for one of the people caught up in gore and adult content over gameplay =P Just my opinion though. Thanks again for clearing that up for me ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Ahhh, my appologies for the mistake. But he still does strike me for one of the people caught up in gore and adult content over gameplay =P Just my opinion though. Thanks again for clearing that up for me ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yea, no prob.

I might later try maximo, but right now i hav enough games to last me a lifetime.

• 1 month later...
Maximo is not that bad but its too hard and the enemies are annoying, once you kill one anotherone gets you. Once you loose your armour your in your underpants, and you can only have full armour for 20 seconds,but you are invincible for that time exept for if you fall in a hole or somthing. i give this game a
5/10

Darkeldar201 :alcohol: :hippy: :confused: