OtakuBoards

Piercings

goddess21

[color=limegreen]This is a question for everyone....
I have my eyebrow pierced and I have an interview for a scholarship on Thursday.... do you think that I should take it out for the interview or just leave it in?
I mean.. it is a college and I am sure they have seen way worse things than an eyebrow ring... I just don't know if it would look better (to them) if I took it out. Do you think my chances of getting the scholarship will be slimmed if I do wear it there?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Heya Rae! Yeah, I would take it out. Just because people are stupid and bias against things like that :whoops:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]I agree. Some people are stupid. although there is nothing wrong with it some people will always be bias.... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]Heya Rae! Yeah, I would take it out. Just because people are stupid and bias against things like that :whoops:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=blue] Do what BG said. People bias things like that, especially when it deal with scholorship and school [/color]

Guest RacerX1017
I have a ear ring and when I went to my interview I left it in but thats a ear ring. I really don't know about eyebrow rings if I were you I would just take it out for the interview.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by goddess21 [/i]
[B][color=limegreen]This is a question for everyone....
I have my eyebrow pierced and I have an interview for a scholarship on Thursday.... do you think that I should take it out for the interview or just leave it in?
I mean.. it is a college and I am sure they have seen way worse things than an eyebrow ring... I just don't know if it would look better (to them) if I took it out. Do you think my chances of getting the scholarship will be slimmed if I do wear it there?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Erm I would say...keep it in....If they are wise they will look beyound that, if they don't, whats the point in going into a university filled with biggots?? Anyway I think it would show courage just to keep it in, and show that you will be yourself no matter what! So don't pretend to be someone else stay the same way you always are!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Panny Chan ; ) [/i]
[B]but hey, why listen to me?? I cussed out my manager! :laugh: :laugh: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, but that was for a legitimate reason... I think you did the right thing.

I'd leave it in, to show that you don't conform to peoples expectations. Like DuoGod of Death said, you shouldn't pretend to be someone that you're not.
But anyway, that's just my opinion...[/color]

I think you should take it out, just for that. Duo god of death said you wouldn't want to go to that university if they're bias about stuff like that, but that's not exactly true. I mean, you wouldn't want friends bias against it, but schools are kinda different. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and hide some things that may discourage their decision. You can always put it back in once you're at the school, why risk it now?^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boris [/i]
[B]hey, i would take it out, people will think your some punk kid going to there school, no offense [/B][/QUOTE]

:bawl: I've got my interview for college soon and I am 'some punk kid' and I have my lip pierced and can't take it out because it starts to heal up after 30mins...and I only have celtic earings...and I only have combats, bands jackets which I use as coats and tribal or skater tops...and I have jet black hair...and and......:worried: I've got to try and set a good example. I also have my ears pierced 5 times...soon to be 7...and I'm getting my tounge and a tatoo done as soon as I hit 18 (well more likely 17 if I can find the right place)

But yea...I feel like the only reason I couldn't get a job in town is cause of my lip and cause I don't have the spair cash to purchase 'smart' clothes if I'm not going to need them so I go in casual 'me' stuff. My entry into college though is abit sketchy though and I really need to look my best.....oh yea....and my vampire fangs (two of my teeth look exactly like that) and my scarred arms (from self harm) don't go down too well either :(

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by goddess21 [/i]
[B][color=red]well, the thing is.... it is a community college... i don't think it should be that big of a deal! And another problem i am having is that it is not fully healed so if I take it out than it might close up!!! :eek: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, leave it in... You shouldn't have to remove something, that you like, to make people think better of you.... people these days judge other people by their looks....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonfire1477 [/i]
[B]Those belonging to older generations (i.e. my dad) tend to have lower opinions about people with piercings such as that. While it would be wrong for them to judge you simply by exterior appearences, I think you would better your chances by taking it out. That's just in case, I wouldn't want to risk it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I would leave it in! but my mum won't let me get my eyebrow pierced, my dad doesn't care if I do he'd full on let me. thing is my mum doesn't care if I get piercings anywhere just not my eyebrow which I really want done, I'm not gonna pierce my lip/chin coz it'll seem like I'm copying my friend, and I'm planing to get more ear piercings soon and also hopefully I can get my mum to let me do my eyebrow. It took her a year to convince her to let mr get my ears done a second time, so I have some hope

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by velvet paws[/i]
[B]and I'm getting my tounge and a tatoo done as soon as I hit 18 (well more likely 17 if I can find the right place)[/B][/QUOTE]

I'm getting a tatoo when I'm fifteen ^_^ I'm allowed to, just go to a tatoo parlour and either lie about my age or have parents permission...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]

I'm getting a tatoo when I'm fifteen ^_^ I'm allowed to, just go to a tatoo parlour and either lie about my age or have parents permission... [/B][/QUOTE]

so um... no you're not really allowed to if you lie about your age, are you? :therock: :D

I say that you shouldn't need to remove the peircing for the interview.. because although lots o' people these days do judge people by how they look, the people doing these interviews shouldn't really. I thnk they'll only judge you badly if you give them good reason to ;)