OtakuBoards

People=Biggots

Sui Generis

What the heck is up with people now adays? Why the hell do we have to fit this perfect image of someone who doesn't give a crap about you, and if you don't fit that image everyone hates you for some damn reason that makes no sense? What the hell is up with people today and judging someone upon appearance? It pisses me off! I am tired of it! I have officially every friend except two at my school for not fitting that image then telling them how truly STUPID this whole thing is? Do you guys have to put up with this at your school...or is my school just screwed up?

Sorry for this rant I just wanted to see if I am truely alone in this struggle or are there other strong people who resist this annoying habbit of humans?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]What the heck is up with people now adays? Why the hell do we have to fit this perfect image of someone who doesn't give a crap about you, and if you don't fit that image everyone hates you for some damn reason that makes no sense? What the hell is up with people today and judging someone upon appearance? It pisses me off! I am tired of it! I have officially every friend except two at my school for not fitting that image then telling them how truly STUPID this whole thing is? Do you guys have to put up with this at your school...or is my school just screwed up?

Sorry for this rant I just wanted to see if I am truely alone in this struggle or are there other strong people who resist this annoying habbit of humans? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Are you saying that you are having problems with people judging you by the way you look? I assume that's what you're saying...I found it kind of difficult to understand.

In any case, I agree with you. But unfortunately, people will always be hung up on superficial things...I don't see that changing anytime soon.[/color]

This goes perfect with what happened tonight!

Ok on Tuesday nights I go to a gay group. And tonight we went to Dennys afterward. Anyway, there were like 8 of us and one of us is Josh... and Josh has red red red hair, which is fairly long and it looks absolutely great too, but anyway... he also has these peircings on his face, ears, mouth, tongue, you name it, it's there. Anyway he was telling me about how he just moved from this Spanish part of town to the hick part of town... and everytime he drives by his neighbors (who are King of the Hill wannabes) they all stare at him. It's just bad that people think differently of people who look different. Josh was one of the absolute nicest people I've ever met and I had so much fun with him. He even payed for my dinner 0-0; But like, yeah it's sad people judge a book by it's cover... but I suppose this fits in the whole "people are afraid of what is different"....It's really sad, but people are stupid. I don't expect anymore from them.

[color=indigo] I hate to burst your bubble, but everybody forms a initial impression due to appearence, even the most open-minded of people. Conforming to a trend is not always a bad thing, as long as the person has a valid reason for doing it.

For example, it seems that your friends are trying to fit a certian image. Prehaps it is because they want to fit in with a group or prehaps it is because they enjoy aspects of the trend. You shouldn't be angry with them for doing it, they are the same people that they were the other day, they are just expressing themselves differently. You may not like their trends or even understand them, but that shouldn't change your frendship with them.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo] I hate to burst your bubble, but everybody forms a initial impression due to appearence, even the most open-minded of people. Conforming to a trend is not always a bad thing, as long as the person has a valid reason for doing it.

For example, it seems that your friends are trying to fit a certian image. Prehaps it is because they want to fit in with a group or prehaps it is because they enjoy aspects of the trend. You shouldn't be angry with them for doing it, they are the same people that they were the other day, they are just expressing themselves differently. You may not like their trends or even understand them, but that shouldn't change your frendship with them.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm would never be mad at them for changing and putting up a new "style" of clothes, but I am mad at them for hating me just cause I didn't go along with them....I am mad at them because they say if I don't dress this way then I am; stupid, idiotic, gay, (no offense of coure TN)a *****, a ****er, a bastard you name it they called it...I just think its really incredable STUPID!!!!!

Unfortunately it's just the way that people are: insecure. It's the way that all life on this planet has eveloved.. you see something that looks strange to you, and in most cases you don't trust it. Unfortunately that little gem of knowledge, which applied pretty well when we were all savages, has no real purpose in the world today. That's one of the setbacks of evolving our culture faster than our minds, lots of people still think the same.

It just fits in to two groups really. People who base their appearence on what other people want them to lok like, and people who dress and look the way they want to, and don't give a **** about what everyone else says.

Like the other day.. my friend was accused of being a goth just because he had an Offspring hoodie on. We explained quite clearly to him that just wearing certain clothes doesn't fit you into a cult..... but then he decided that we were all goth's.... and he then proceeded to verbally abuse us, which lead to me beating him up.

[B]What the heck is up with people now adays? Why the hell do we have to fit this perfect image of someone who doesn't give a crap about you, and if you don't fit that image everyone hates you for some damn reason that makes no sense? What the hell is up with people today and judging someone upon appearance? It pisses me off! I am tired of it! I have officially every friend except two at my school for not fitting that image then telling them how truly STUPID this whole thing is? Do you guys have to put up with this at your school...or is my school just screwed up?

Sorry for this rant I just wanted to see if I am truely alone in this struggle or are there other strong people who resist this annoying habbit of humans? [/B][/QUOTE]

That's exactly the way I felt when I tried for modeling two weeks ago...me and my cousin, China(more like my cousin, I just did this to make her happy) went to audition for a modeling agency that was in town. We went and everything was cool except that all the girls in there was skinny. It kinda made me a little subconcious about how I looked and my size and stuff. At the end, however to my slight fear, I was turned down because of my size. China didn't want to do it because of what they did and I cried all the way home. People are like that though...it's in their nature to make fun of something they don't know about. I'm ok now, but I really wish people would accept me and my size. ;) So you're not alone.

[B]

I'm would never be mad at them for changing and putting up a new "style" of clothes, but I am mad at them for hating me just cause I didn't go along with them....I am mad at them because they say if I don't dress this way then I am; stupid, idiotic, gay, (no offense of coure TN)a *****, a ****er, a bastard you name it they called it...I just think its really incredable STUPID!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Stupid is definatley the right word. From your first post I thought something entirely different was happening. However, I think you should just find new friends and ignore your old ones until they grow up a little more.[/color]

People are just stupid morons.... They all want to fit in and don't care about hurting anyone. People usually hurt others because there is something wrong with them.. it's never your problem it's their for acting that way. So I have advice for everyone who has ever been put down by stupid people: gnore them and don't give a damn about what they cuz you know it isn't true, and you are better then them..

did that make any sense?? i kinda just rambled on...:p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]yeah it's sad people judge a book by it's cover... [/B][/QUOTE]

"Could I be read if I was see-through or would you just read my spine?" -- Silverchair 'Do you feel the same'

It's a sad fact people are very biast (sp) when it comes to apperances *sigh* as a greb/freak/fu*k up whatever you call it and having quite a few piercings I get it quite abit more openly than someone who was 'normal'.

To hell with what people think. I mean, at my school, all the 'cool people' (I use the term loosely..) are insensitive, stupid, ignorant, arrogant and Biggots. Much the same as most people around the world, they're homophobic, and use the terms 'gay' and 'homosexual' in a most derogitory manner, all too frequently. When those people are classed as 'cool', then I know that the state of the world is getting worse and worse...

[color=crimson]... Heh.

Been made fun of my whole life for being overweight, trying to be funny, and not up with the current trends...

Several Recurring Names Tagged To Me, Several Scars...

But. Gotta Remember.

If they cant see beyond the flesh, their head is empty...

Living in a racially devided town, I especially have problems with being a 'mutt'...

Then someone told everyone how my mom abadoned me and they started talking bout 'Well no wonder fat boy, you so ugly...'

Lotsa Crud.

Jus Crud...[/color]

this is one of the reasons I'm so different, I'm not going to be a sheep! I don't bother with doing whats "in" I prefer to be myself and being myself I happen to have my traid mark "outbursts" of insanity (*snort* who doesn't?) and I never weat those skimpy "fashionable" clothes either, another reason is I don't want my fat hanging out...

people at my school are so annoying they believe anyone who has more than two piercings is either gothic or a lesbian so I happen to be getting three more ear rings put in... so ha you stupid stuck ups!!!
sorry bout that outburst...

and another thing I hate is people always looking at my pimples, yeah so I don't have the best complextion! everyone has pimples at one time or another, and they don't need to mention to me that I have them either I [i]should[/i] know, I look in the mirror after I clean my teeth.

o.O I better stop before I get myself banned or something coz half the time I end up cursing at anything and everything...

There are always one or two idiots at schools which judge people and think they are better than everyone.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tien [/i]
[B]

There are always one or two idiots at schools which judge people and think they are better than everyone. [/B][/QUOTE]

And behind those two idiots is always a swarm of fools with no self esteem or will power...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]

And behind those two idiots is always a swarm of fools with no self esteem or will power... [/B][/QUOTE]

and then theres thoes who despise the two yet want to be like them...

or theres my tiny group who'll ignore the pair and do what they want ... a good way to get to them is ask the teacher what they said and tell them you didn't understand it and everyone will get really pissed off (I do that alot I like people thinking I'm stupid ^_^)

[color=red][size=3]Yeah, I've always had problems with people being mean to me (man, I wish I could swear...I have a much better name for those people!). My last name rhymes with a word I can't say on this board which rhymes with sagget, so I think you can tell from.[/size]

[size=1][i]*phew...that was a close one...[/i][/size][/color]

Well that was happening to me in a part of town.... we just moved house though. :D Some people just don't like other people; they think they're better than them..... sad...

There was this person we lived next to who had a disability, his leg was crooked, so he couldn't walk properly... and all the people around thought he was crap, you know, "Oh we're better then him, his a cripple" and all that talk.... I feel sorry for him.... I asked him once what he thought about it... and all he said was "I don't believe what as[i]s[/i]holes say"... that's just what people have to think these days.

People these days a just stupid....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red][size=3]Yeah, I've always had problems with people being mean to me (man, I wish I could swear...I have a much better name for those people!). My last name rhymes with a word I can't say on this board which rhymes with sagget, so I think you can tell from.[/size]

[size=1][i]*phew...that was a close one...[/i][/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I like to make up insults currantly I call people poopie-head... I'm just like a four-year-old lame insults...

Guest Voodookanaka
well as part of my art project ive had to study fashion n stuff, every person i know could jinda be classified into one of the 1000s of styles, the one closest to myself was called something like cyber techno punk...........wierd.

um.......yeh..........

[COLOR=purple]Nearly everyone here.. xcept maybe Voodookanaka who was talking about fashion o.O... has said that they hate people who judje a book by its cover.. who have perjudice against others based upon appearence alone...

Do you realize that's a prejudice?

It is impossible by law of the human mind not to be prejudice.. it just cant happen... the only way you can not be prejudice.. is not not interact with any human during your entire life...

thats not going to happen...

Everyone is prejudice in someway or another... SS Trunks said that he beat up some guy b/c the guy thought SS Trunks and his friend were goths... well... thats only going to inflate his hatred... of goths... and yourselves.. he wont like you.. and b/c he thinks you two are goths.. he wont like goths either... okay.. now.. b/c he got beat up by a "goth" the true gothic people now have one more person hating them...

Whether or not they'll admit it... each person on this planet has a perjudice in someway... while some people come out and outright hate a person completely... there are those who hate the idea.. and those, like myself, who are prejudice but know that their prejudice isnt good so they dont speak it or act upon it....

We just have to accept that not everyone is going to like us... or each other... if we did.. god we'd all be a bunch of Donny Osmand and Oprah clones! we simply have to accept the fact that not everyone is the same and at the same time we have to accept that fact that not everyone likes that.[/COLOR]

Guest contradiction
Unfortunatly there are always going to be idiots who want to judge people soely on appearances. If it give you any peace of mind though, the outcasts, or non judgemental people are the true people. They are the people who will suceed in life. They are the people who will have real personality, they are the people with real brains, and they are the people with real compassion.
So, those judgemental folks can judge all they want, but in the end they're screwed and we're real. So there.