OtakuBoards

Celebrity Sightings?

James

[color=royalblue]What a weird day I had today!

I had gone to a local department store to buy some clothing. And I was there with my brother and two sisters.

About halfway through, we decided to sit down in the food court and have lunch.

As I was standing infront of a line of people, getting ready to order something, I noticed the woman behind the counter shooting an awkward look at me.

At first, I thought that perhaps she was looking at me. But I soon realized that she was looking with some amazement at the man standing behind me.

So, being the curious fellow I am, I casually looked around...pretending to look toward the other side of the food court.

And you would not believe the shock I had. I nearly fell over that instant.

The man standing behind me closely resembled Osama bin Laden! His face was exactly the same...as was his hair. He even had the same beard! The only difference was that he wasn't wearing any sort of turban.

I took a moment to gather myself and proceeded to order my food. I was thinking that I should probably just order and leave...I mean, what if this was [i]the[/i] Osama?

Finally (and with some relief), my order was finished and I took it to a nearby table. I began telling my siblings of my encounter when suddenly, my sister pointed -- Mr. bin Laden had apparently sat down right behind me. Could he hear what I was saying?

Who knows.

In any case, it makes me wonder...is the United States looking in the right places? Is Osama hiding down here in Australia and not in Afghanistan?

Perhaps we'll never know.

What a strange day. I definitely felt rather shaken after that encounter. :drunk:

My question is, has anyone else ever seen an infamous celebrity look-alike? Ever noticed someone who looks like Hitler? Ever seen someone who closely resembles Mao Zedung?

They say that every person in the world has a twin...and I think I've definitely seen Osama's twin. :drunk: :bawl: [/color]

Ooooo.. scary.

I have had a few Osama incidents myself. But none that resemble him as much as you have said this man did. Personally i believe that Osama Bin Laden may be hiding somewhere in the corner of the world, Australia, New Zealand, mabye something else. But is just as likely to be hiding somewhere else.

But if i was Osama, i wouldn't walk down to the local shop to get a meal because i was hungry. Kinda stupid if you are an international terrorist.

[color=blue][size=1]The similiar thing happen to me and my cousin last week too.
Last week, my cousin was driving me home. There're two lanes on the road, my cousin look on the side. He saw a man driving a car who look like Bin Ladin. My cousin stop in the middle, lucky there's no car from behind. [/color][/size]

Last year I was in Orlando at Disney World, and I was sitting on some bench waiting for my friends to finish a ride they were going to go on.

I was looking around, people-watching, and I saw R Kelly. But then I thought, no, no way. But as I kept looking, watching, I realized it had to be R Kelly. Then I thought oh well, big deal, I'm probably just over-heating.

But then a LOT of other people said they saw him as well later on. So I saw R Kelly, wow ^_^ he was about..........30 ft away from me, but who cares? :D

Back when I was little...real little I saw Michael Jordan in Kids R Us. Me and my Grandmother were shopping towards the back of the store and I remember, even to this day, looking towards the cashier and seeing a huge tall bald black man being checked out. The cashier girl was all exicted and MJ just smiled and was nice to her. Heh, she even asked him for ID if I do remember correctly when he paid with a check. But thats my only real celeberity experience that I can think of.

Guest gojay
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I see myself in the mirror everyday and almost faint because I think it's Gackt...

LOL! :p

But really.... living in Orlando, it's not hard to actually SEE celebrities...Seen them at the bowling alley, at the super market... etc etc. [/B][/QUOTE]

:babble: [size=1][color=red]I know exactly how u feel i live in atlanta and seeing a famous person here isn't really a big thing to me.[/size][/color]

[font=comic sans ms]Well, I did encounter celebrities quite often now. Not to sound too proud or anything, but I'm an actor, and I do get to meet celebrities quite often. Not a bigtime actor yet (just starting out), but still...and no, I live in the Philippines, not the U.S., so it wouldn't be much if I mentioned names, unless you happen to be familiar with them as well.[/font]

Guest Imsirion
Any Survivor fans out there? When i went to six flags ,cali, Jerri and Mitchel (sp?) from the 2nd survivor, I belive, were walking right next to me, like 6 inches away and I didn't realize untill some crazed little girl ran over saying," Jerri! I love you, I wanted you to win, CAN I TOUCH YOUR HAIR!", and I was like :eek: whoa, its them. I actually saw them once in a while all day like in the tram and on rides. The next thing I'm about to say is NOT a lie, I swear. My friend had a video camera and was filming them at night when we went into one of those shops and she came in telling us to look what she recorded and Jerri was eating a churro ( :tasty: ) and was sucking on it and did that in and out thing (if you know what I mean :blush: and Its sooo funny.

Guest NirFan72
When I was a little kid, my mother and I were at an airport in Indiana, I believe, and we met The Greatest, Ali(I cant spell his first name,i think its Muhammed), She couldnt get a picture or anything,but we have his autograph.:cool:

I certainly HOPE that wasn't Osama. *thinks: maybe I should call Mr. Bush and tell him.*

ah, oh well. I can't do anything about it here in the US if it happened in Australia. Anyway, I thought I saw someone who looked like Bill Clinton before, but he's not really a saught-after celebrity. :laugh:

Nothing like that has really happened to me...except when I was little Wolf off galdiators was meant to open the garage down the road from me and I got his sig and everything...but after watching that program the other day about celeb. look a likes going round claiming to be David Beckham and stuff I'm starting to doubt that maybe it was just a look alike and not the real thing because I WAS quite small.

I've had all of Godhead minus The Method (bassist) sign my belly...and I've drank from the lead singer of Lost Prophets glass.

My friend Liz thought she saw a famous snooker player in town earlier this week. It could have been because the day after (or was it 2 days) anyway..there was a big snooker game on at the Medowside which is 5mins walk from the town centre. I don't know much about snooker or players though....

Guest BulmaVegeta1
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]What a weird day I had today!

I had gone to a local department store to buy some clothing. And I was there with my brother and two sisters.

About halfway through, we decided to sit down in the food court and have lunch.

As I was standing infront of a line of people, getting ready to order something, I noticed the woman behind the counter shooting an awkward look at me.

At first, I thought that perhaps she was looking at me. But I soon realized that she was looking with some amazement at the man standing behind me.

So, being the curious fellow I am, I casually looked around...pretending to look toward the other side of the food court.

And you would not believe the shock I had. I nearly fell over that instant.

The man standing behind me closely resembled Osama bin Laden! His face was exactly the same...as was his hair. He even had the same beard! The only difference was that he wasn't wearing any sort of turban.

I took a moment to gather myself and proceeded to order my food. I was thinking that I should probably just order and leave...I mean, what if this was [i]the[/i] Osama?

Finally (and with some relief), my order was finished and I took it to a nearby table. I began telling my siblings of my encounter when suddenly, my sister pointed -- Mr. bin Laden had apparently sat down right behind me. Could he hear what I was saying?

Who knows.

In any case, it makes me wonder...is the United States looking in the right places? Is Osama hiding down here in Australia and not in Afghanistan?

Perhaps we'll never know.

What a strange day. I definitely felt rather shaken after that encounter. :drunk:

My question is, has anyone else ever seen an infamous celebrity look-alike? Ever noticed someone who looks like Hitler? Ever seen someone who closely resembles Mao Zedung?

They say that every person in the world has a twin...and I think I've definitely seen Osama's twin. :drunk: :bawl: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Woah James, that is scary. I wonder if anyone who worked for the government would even consider that dude being Osama. Might be him. Who knows. He might be hiding down in Australia for all we know. If that really was him, all I have to say is this: Be very careful. My mom works at Saks Fifth Avenue in Houston, and I was there one day with her. She told me once that she saw Tom Cruise wearing sun glasses with a bodygaurd behind him. She dislikes him, so she didn't really care. But when I was there, guess who I saw: Mel Gibson!!! I'm not saying that I actually saw him, cuz maybe it was a look-a-like or something. I didn't freak out or anything, cuz how would you like to be mobbed by an insane crowd of people asking for an autograph? He is just a normal person, like you or me, who is just famous. I simled at him, but he didn't see me. It's not a big deal really, he wasn't wearing sun glasses or anything, but he tried to be unnoticiable. I don't blame him. HE was proably just buying a gift for his wife or something, so....oh I don't know what I'm thinking. I'm kinda glad that I'm not famous. Think of what a hard time they have going places without being stopped.

Guest BulmaVegeta1
You're proably right, but still, you never know. That could've been him, and maybe he thought no one out in Australia would care or even know about him. Most likely that dude was a look-a-like, just like you said.

[color=royalblue]Well, the most famous person I've ever seen in my life would have to be former President Bush.

He came to Australia about ten years ago or something...to Melbourne. And I just happened to be in the city when he was there.

Also, those of you who live in the UK will know of that show Neighbours...(which I hate)...but anyway, that show is filmed near where I live.

So when I go to the local department stores, I am almost guaranteed to see one of the celebs from that show lol.

And there are a lot of models in Melbourne...o_O

But that's all I can think of right now. I can't remember if I've seen anyone else particularly famous...[/color]

i saw Will Smith...no lie either i saw him in a city in New Jersey, you might of heard this already but i saw him at the auction for the Donation of his ali sweater. but when they went to go show it off it had been stolen ((i did it!! no j/k)) but i am on the search 4 it and if you see it please tell me and tell me the person's description so i can hunt him down and kil him!!

and an in-famous encounter was with my uncle at my house. he's in a band called Sum 41 no big thing...no but he is in a band called Blessid Union of Souls, pokemon the first movie fans should know their song Brother my Brother.

[b][code: change screename -- Newsperson][/b]

A wanna-be bin Ladin was sighted in a Melbourne food court the other day. Witnesses, including a studly young fellow with his siblings (That's your cue to bow, James) was questioned at the local enforcement station, authorites trying to get precicse information out of the lad.

Unfortionatly, the young man was so freaked out over the incident, that he went around the police station serving some "oddly creamy coffee" one office commented..

In other news, Stuides show that eating only the [b]shell[/b] of an egg can prove to be unhealthy...

[b][/code: change screename -- Newsperson][/b]

In any case, I've shaken hands with Mel Gibson once and I didn't even realize that it was him until ten minutes later.. I think that catigorily makes me stupid, no?

:cross:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]
In any case, I've shaken hands with Mel Gibson once and I didn't even realize that it was him until ten minutes later.. I think that catigorily makes me stupid, no?

:cross: [/B][/QUOTE]

...Nurse, get ready to CAT-scan this poor fellow...

And James, which department store was it? I might be able to camp out there and see if I can single-handedly catch this Osama look-a-like if he ever returns... ...Or maybe I've just had to much Wily Beer...

And no, I haven't seen any celebrity look-a-likes as long as I can remember... Which is only a few seconds back... ...What's this all about?...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]

..........And there are a lot of models in Melbourne...o_O.......

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Models you say? Hmmmmmmmmm I wonder If I have enough Cash to take a trip down there. How long is the Flight to Aussie-land? I knew that there was another reason i wanted to go down there, that, and Sweeden