OtakuBoards

Spiderman

Anna

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][size=1]I went and saw it with Anna (do we ever do anything on our own? :D) and I wasn't particularly all THAT fond of it. Sure, Peter Parker was a cutie and his Spiderman costume was awesome when he finally completed it, and there was a fair share of funny moments, but the storyline was so CHEESY. If you are a fan of the original story, like in the comics, then you will be disappointed. But I still tell people I like it. I just have mixed feelings...Can't decide...GRR..[/color][/size]

I thoguht it was cool, and I've never been a really big fan of the Spider-man comics. They did do a good job on Green Goblin. And even though they didn't do well on some parts, I wouldn't mind seeing it a second time. :D

EDIT: I also liked how they did Peter Parker's boss.

I can't believe it made 114 million dollars in three days!!! My guess is it will beats Titanics record for grossings. I only did not like the ending also I mean...

[B]SPOILERS[/B]
[SIZE=1]How did he have a crush on her since he was 6 years old and not go out with her when she asks him. I wanted to smack him after that. The ending where he was walkin away I felt rage building up inside of me then I reminded myself what happens to later in their life and I felt relieved.[/SIZE]
[B]SPOILERS[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B]It wasn't, now if you were a comic geek you would know that he doesn't get his web powers from being bitten, he makes the machine himself, the web is in some cartidges that he uses and when he runs out, thats a problem [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually he does get his web powers when he gets bitten by the spider. He makes the web cartrideges when he starts to lose his web powers.:babble:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]

Actually he does get his web powers when he gets bitten by the spider. He makes the web cartrideges when he starts to lose his web powers.:babble: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo] No, in the original comics, Spidey only had "web powers" when he mutated into eight armed spidey and his final spider mutation, and when he was linked with the symibite (he might also have had the powers when he became cosmic spidey, but I don't remember off the top of my head).

When Marvel started making alternate origin comics, one of the issues gave Pete the ability to shoot webs...but it was a fake origin...[/color]

I just saw the movie today and thought that it was awesome. The special effects were simply mindblowing and helped me get into the movie. Some may think that special effects are just trivial little things or help a movie look nicer, but they were necessary for this movie. Seeing everyone's favorite neighborhood spider swoop from rooftop to rooftop was terrific and created a real sense of disbelief. Plus, the fight scenes were choreographed with painstaking detail. Some of the wrestling from Parker's early days as Spiderman look better than what I see on WWE nowadays.

I was kinda impressed with Tobie Mcquire's perormance. Although he wasn't as witty as the traditional Peter Parker should be, he did a pretty good job in pulling off the role. What impressed me the most though, was how true the movie stayed to the comic book series. Simply said, it put X-men to shame. Sure, there are a few discrepancies (like how Parker got bit and how he doesn't use web cartridges) but overall it stayed true to its roots.

I'm looking forward to the sequel. I just can't wait to see how Venom looks, if he's in. This movie proved that Hollywood can update classic costumes to make them look flashy without changing them into cheap black leather, like a lot of other films do.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I am a long time fan of spiderman, and the movie was pretty much a disappointment, and was overly hyped! The film had a couple of plot holes that I am sure fans of the comic noticed, and there was very little action, in fact if you watch the 30 minute behind the scenes show on spiderman either the HBO or MTV version you in fact will see all the action of the film.

The actors performances were good, not great, Toby did a good job and played a great Peter Parker but he needs to work on his Spiderman, Spiderman is best known for his witty and sarcastic comments, and the movie really didn't show that side of spiderman. Overall it was a decent film but not deserving of the three stars or over praise that the film is getting.

Everyone says, that Spiderman will give Star Wars Episode II a run for its money but I seriously doubt it, Star Wars can deliver on the plot side, and not disappoint us on the action side like Spiderman did! We get the best of both worlds with Star Wars, so if I had the chance to rate Spiderman I would give it Overall a 7 1/2!;)

Guest Legend_Brolly
:butthead: i think spiderman the movie is gonna be buttugly but im not shore on it cos i havent seen it yet but ive seen the review and it is wicked my freind has it on pirate copy but the picture is very bad ive all so seen the seen the scene wen he is swinging against the twin towers. if you want to here much more you know whwt to do.:demon: :butthead: :freak: :blackeye: :angel: :blush:

I have been a hard core spider man fan til i was 12, i still have spirit though. The movie isnt out yet here, and wont be for a while, to be honest, im not that interested in seeing it so could you please fill me in on the details of the storyline actors, special effecte :D

i love the cartoon series though, can anyone tell me where todownload eps?
:)
another bummer of the movie is that most of the scenes have been cut or replaced, for example, where he catches a helichopter in a web spun in between the twin towers.This has obviously delayed the movie which sucks :mad:

I think the delaying and stuff like that is a bunch of bull...I understand that people were trauma tized but life moves on..I don't mean to sound cruel...oh well thats for another day...

I think the sequal has the lizard dude, I forgot his name tho,...can't believe I did that...Can you believe I actually have the original movie poster!

i thought it was good.
will defoe just overdid it cause that makes the charector come out more. i dont think it was bad at all. just one thing. was kirsten dunst not the hottest girl ever?

[color=indigo] There are a lot of rumors about the next villian...from what I have heard Doc Ock seems to be most likely.

About Defoe...I thought he had an outstanding preformance, the Green Goblin is a very over the top charecter, and when Norman Osborn had his mood swings it was portrayed very much like William Defoe preformed...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]I think the delaying and stuff like that is a bunch of bull...I understand that people were trauma tized but life moves on..I don't mean to sound cruel...oh well thats for another day...

I think the sequal has the lizard dude, I forgot his name tho,...can't believe I did that...Can you believe I actually have the original movie poster! [/B][/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel, it is a total let down that this had to happen :flaming: .
Sure everone was traumatised but still, up to today! manty games have also been delayed and redone because of that.

PS- if you arent talking about the green goblin then the lizard dude must be "the lizard man", he is actually Dr. Connors. He wanted to regenerate his lost arm by extracting lizard cells and injecting them into himself, he got his arm back, but one problem... hes a gigantic lizard man!

There, good enough for ya. :therock:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B][font=comic sans ms]Overall, I wasn't impressed with Spider-Man. The story isn't really that great. I was more awed with the X-Men than this one. In short, the movie was overrated IMO.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

This has absolutely nothing to do with spider man or x men, sorry!
But how did you get that picture in your signature? and how did you get that different avatar?

mabye they can fit two villans in the next one. Cause remember The Green Goblins son vowed revenge on Spider-man. So mabye if where lucky they will have the Harry as the Green Goblin and mabye Dr. Conners or Docter Octopus and then in number 3 Venom and Carnage. That would be awsome.

I think Doctor Octopus shoud be the vallin in the second move. The second Green Goblin(Harry Osborn) shoud be in the third move. They shoud also fit someone small like The Vulture in one of the two like moves.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kitell [/i]
[B]I think Doctor Octopus shoud be the vallin in the second move. The second Green Goblin(Harry Osborn) shoud be in the third move. They shoud also fit someone small like The Vulture in one of the two like moves. [/B][/QUOTE]

HEY!!! what about venom he's the main reason of spiderman really going bad

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ~Mystical Pan~ [/i]
[B]I just watched it! (yeah i'm late, so what?! lol) I thought it was awesome!!!!!!!!

*SPOLIER* (well not really if ya reaad the comics*

I cried when Uncle Ben died.....>< Also, when he refused the girl he loved since forever! >< *sighs* i'm in love.....lol [/B][/QUOTE]

i almost cried but then agin i can't cry its imobsible
but they better make a 2nd because they only had one villan who is probly the crapyest next to the rino but they missed felica and morphaus ther cool felcia become peters patner and morphus ????

carnage and veanom the two symbenotes
and waht happed to the lizard man doc

on BTPS movie scale 1 being the lowest 10 being hifghest it gets a &
what number is that who can guess