OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

i posted earlier and listed a few series that aren't very popular here in the states but i highly recomend... I have a few more.....

Haunted Junction
Maze: megaBurst Space
Night Walker (not to be confused with Dark Stalkers)
Shamanic Princess
RG Veda
Those Who Hunt Elves
Blue Seed
GRAVIATION! (my new FAV series)
Ninja Cadets
Jungre De Ikou
Gestalt
Preatear
Fruits Basket
Utena
Magic Users Club
Perfect Blue
Ruin Exploerers
Flame of the Recca
Violinest Of Hameln
Kare Kano
Lain
Mammotte Syoggogetten
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Digi Charact
Wedding Peach
angelic layer
marmalade Boy

these are all pretty good series that happen to be really good.. but no one bothers to see them.. and I want people to see them....

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remembered some of the other animes I've seen and heard of. Let's see:

Vandread the 2nd Stage
Earth Maiden Arjuna (really liked this one)
Kikaider
Tsukikage Ran
Fancy La La
Armitage III: Dual Matrix
Silent Mobius

That's all I can remember right now.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
;) :blush: Well it is still sad to say this but everything currently meantion I have either owned or seen! Well guys remember that the purpose of this forum is to not only breath life to this dead forum but to create topics based on these rare or not well know animes, so we can finally get off only discussing stuff on Toonami and Adult Swim!;)

[color=crimson][size=1]I read the first volume of Marmalade Boy, the manga, and it was so CUTE. It's one of the cutest storylines I've ever read. Of course, it's typical girl likes boy, boy doesn't like girl, girl meets another boy, another girl likes that other boy, first boy confesses his love to girl just as she realizes she loves other boy...you get the picture. ;) But it's so cute. Of course, my favorite manga right now is Paradise Kiss. It's so CUTE! :excited: But anywho, that's all manga...[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:p Well its quite alright to discuss manga's also since a large portion of anime started off as mangas, personally I found Marmalade boy pretty cool! Have you tried Love Hina? Thats a romantic/comedy anime in which the main character Keitaro shockingly resembles myself and my problems! Wonder if that anime company owes me royalities for unlawfully writting my life story in an anime!-_- ;)

[color=crimson][size=1]No, I've never gotten a hold of Love Hina, but Paradise Kiss is my favorite. I read it in Smile magazine and it's got the most awesome storyline. It's still a love story, but the plot is very creative. I wish that I could hurry up and read more installments than what they have in the magazine once a month!

I also like Peach Girl, too. But the storyline is sort of dying out. I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen to Momo, Touji, and Kiley. And SAE...that little whore, too...grr...

I also like PARASYTE!!!!!!!!!!!!! That story was SO awesome, but I never got to finish it up because they took it out of Tokyo Pop/Mixxzine....*sniffles* It was the most awesome storyline...and it was so sad when his mother was taken...[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:( Well I would lend you the rest of Parasyte but the only problem that occurs in that is the fact its in Japanese and I doubt you would be able to read it!

Just another talent of mine :blush:, its rather helpful to be able to read japanese, since Flame of Recca was not continued in its anime form, I had to continue the story on manga!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Hmm in the mood to discuss eva actually, so will take this discussion into another thread! ;) Anyway back to the topic at hand here are just a couple of more names to add to the list!

Macron 1
Battle Ship Yamato aka Star Blazers
Arcadia of my youth
Grave of the fireflies
Macross Flash Back 2012

[color=crimson][size=1]Don't you guys like Nadesico? I know it's got some kind of popularity, but I think that it's a really cute show. The storyline isn't that bad either, even though Akito's girl situation isn't much different from Tenchi's (and he even has a weird chic named Ryoko after him, too!) But yeah...I like that show...and it's not mainstream...[/color][/size]

[color=green]Nadiesco, I've never seen it. But if it's cutesy you want, I've got the perfect show for you, Magic User's Club! It is this great OAV series about a bunch of high school students who spend just as much time in romantic conflicts as they do trying to save the world. It is really funny too, much better than Tenchi or other series like that.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I saw the first volume of that show, and I did think it was CUTESY! But it's not the same kind of cutesy as Nadesico, but it was pretty funny. Especially the gay guy, who was in love with their UGLY instructor guy...of course, I think the main character was, too....(I can't remember any of their freaking names...)

I liked the girl with the silver hair that went on dates alot and never really did what she was supposed to...for some reason I think her name was Akane? I don't know, but she was so cute.

And that show reminded me of Card Captors for some reason...[/color][/size]

[color=green]I am always so bad with names too, I was on the last volume of Record of Lodoss Wars before I figured out the names of the main characters.

Gay Guy: Aburatsubo (The first time I watched the show I thought he was a girl, *sighs*)
Ugly Guy: Takeo
Red Haired Girl: Sai
Black Haired Girl: Nanaka
Grey Haired Girl: Akane[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I thought the gay guy was a girl, too....He was so pretty...such a disappointment, like Nuriko is Fushigi Yugi. (Of course, me being a girl, it's probably so weird that I'm always going on and on about how pretty anime girls are...I just think they're mystically beautiful...) And Takeo, UGH, who could like him? He's almost BALD, and that's GROSS. And Nanaki is too sassy. And Sai is just like Sakura, like I said earlier...

Ugh, RoLW, what a horrible horrible waste of anime...just like DBZ...*shudders*[/color][/size]

[color=green]I dunno, I liked RoLW, the story was very epic... the problem was that the characters weren't explored deeply enough. That is usually one of the largest complaints I have with all anime series, I want to know everything about all of the characters.

And anime girls are pretty, even if they aren't attractive. I don't find animated characters to be sexy, there is something about wanting to have sex with a drawing that I find terribly, terribly wrong. People just fall in love with the voices, not the characters, because that is the only real thing about them.[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I didn't think the story was very epic, I thought it was very corny because the characters were so horrifying. And it was only 6 volumes long, that making it 12 episodes. If they had made it say, 50 episodes instead and added more detail and better plot development and explanantion, then it would have been an epic storyline. Deedlit was cute, though, and so was Pirotess. It was sad she had to die for the man she loved...

I don't understand how someone could want to have sex with them either, but I can see how you fall in love with the character because of who they are. They usually have these wonderful personalities that you could NEVER find on a real man in this world, and that's why people swoon over them so much.

It's so disgusting to me..hentai anime...I just don't see how that's attractive at all. And that's the only kind of anime that they show on cable channels like HBO and Cinemax.[/color][/size]

[color=green]Pirotess was cool, but she wasn't in either of the Lodoss series enough. The second RoLW "Chronicles of the Heroic Knight" is much better than the first. It is about twice as long and they have a better chance to explore the characters more. Except some of the characters who are in the second chapter of "Chronicles" are pretty darn annoying, especially Spark... ugh.

I can understand why some people would fall in love with a personality, but I will never understand how someone can become physically attracted to them. Even if I had HBO or Cinemax I wouldn't watch it, I am very "anti-hantai."

Thank you for this quality conversation. :)[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]You're very much welcome, it's always nice to talk to someone who's one the same level and knows what the heck I'm talking about.

So basically, Chronicles is just a redone and better version of the original or is it a completely different storyline? Becuase I might be interested in watching it if I know it's better....[/color][/size]

[color=green]Right, Chronicles is sort of a remake of the original series. It is supposed to take place a few years after the original, but there are too many things that contradict eachother. Just pretend they are two unrelated series and it will be more enjoyable. Everything about the show is so much better the second time around, I think you would like it.[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Did someone meantion Nadesico? Well of course I have this anime including the movie, after all I've seen or own almost every anime! The show was great very cute, good mech action, and once again the tenchi love triangle thing played into it! Wish girls would fight over me like that!:rolleyes: Have you seen the movie Queen Asuka yet?

Eyyy!!! It's been a long time since anyone has spoken about Nadesico. Kinda missed that series. I kinda wonder when they'll continue it after that cliffhanger ending of the movie. Ruri became one of the hottest babes when she grew up in the movie.

Ahhh sadly the Nadesico series seemed to be overshadowed by it's more popular brother series, Vandread. But I'm still waiting for the next part (at least I'm hoping for it).

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, no I haven't seen the movie, but I haven't bought any new anime in a long time because I'm waiting until I get a DVD player so I can quit wasting my money on stupid dubbed VHS videos...

But once I came so close to buying the Nadesico movie subbed before it was even released officially on video here in America. There was this vender at a mall in Alabama...and I was over there visiting on this school field trip because I'm from Georgia and he had his little stand set up in the middle of the mall. Since I was on a field trip, I had a limited amount of spending money, but the video was only $15! I really regret not getting it. They also had to Ah My Goddess and Card Captor Sakura movies, too. I feel so stupid now...but oh well...

Guess I'll wait for my DVDs...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Well, no I haven't seen the movie, but I haven't bought any new anime in a long time because I'm waiting until I get a DVD player so I can quit wasting my money on stupid dubbed VHS videos...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]Quit wasting money? Now that you're about to enter the world of DVD's you're now gonna waste more! Of course, its usually worth paying extra cash for better quality video, sound and if you lucky a few extras. (Just wish the good stuff didn't cost so much....like the Gundam ZZ box set.....)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]I'm glad I got a DVD player.. (all hail the PS2, no home should be without one!) and thanks to it I got the box set of my two favorite animes of all time! TEKKAMAN BLADE and Macross! (especially macross since its almost like my real name Marcos! :D*holds both sets in the air*) :excited: But wow, the price I paid to get these......well actually just one.....I burned $90 bucks for Tekkaman and $50 for Macross (this guy was selling it and he didn't know WHAT he had....:D ) It wasn't until I found out from Hunter that the verisons I had weren't that great since the sub isn't done so well.....:bawl: I'll learn Japanese to exprience the fullest of the shows if must!:mad: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Uh oh...... I think I'm getting off topic......and I work for Hunter (at his boards - come join!)....Sorry! Here's my new hit list!:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]-That Outlaw Star Spinoff......I forgot the name but I think it starts with Angel....
-Sword of the Beserk
-Zone of the Enders
-Rockman.exe
-Noir
-Bubblegum Crisis
-Love Hina (can someone please tell me what is this all about?)
-Vandread
-Chobits
-Tales of Eternia

If I make some mistakes then someone stop me...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=blue]Quit wasting money? Now that you're about to enter the world of DVD's you're now gonna waste more! Of course, its usually worth paying extra cash for better quality video, sound and if you lucky a few extras. (Just wish the good stuff didn't cost so much....like the Gundam ZZ box set.....)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]I'm glad I got a DVD player.. (all hail the PS2, no home should be without one!) and thanks to it I got the box set of my two favorite animes of all time! TEKKAMAN BLADE and Macross! (especially macross since its almost like my real name Marcos! :D*holds both sets in the air*) :excited: But wow, the price I paid to get these......well actually just one.....I burned $90 bucks for Tekkaman and $50 for Macross (this guy was selling it and he didn't know WHAT he had....:D ) It wasn't until I found out from Hunter that the verisons I had weren't that great since the sub isn't done so well.....:bawl: I'll learn Japanese to exprience the fullest of the shows if must!:mad: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Uh oh...... I think I'm getting off topic......and I work for Hunter (at his boards - come join!)....Sorry! Here's my new hit list!:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]-That Outlaw Star Spinoff......I forgot the name but I think it starts with Angel....
-Sword of the Beserk
-Zone of the Enders
-Rockman.exe
-Noir
-Bubblegum Crisis
-Love Hina (can someone please tell me what is this all about?)
-Vandread
-Chobits
-Tales of Eternia

If I make some mistakes then someone stop me...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
I loved Chobits. It was so funny, and cute, too! Clamp rules...

Love Hina is about these little kids that promise each other to go to College together, but the boy never gets in, then he goes to his grandmother's hotel, to run it, I think. And there are all these girls there, and one of them made the promise with him years ago. I beieve that's what it's about.....:therock:I could always be wrong....

DVD's are great. Like you said...better sound, video, extra, and I like the menus, too. It's much easier to jump episodes. Plus, no rewinding anymore!;) I like being able to jump over the opening or closing when I don't feel like listening.....all with the click of one button......so nice. DVD are just plain conveniant. And there are more sets of animes on DVD. Much cheaper than individual.....If you can find the right deals.....But DVD's are still more conveniant than VHS, any day.

Ok, I've got an OVA series I doubt any of you have heard of;
'Asiato private high school student council commity' (mouth full ne?) Its about two guys, Kobuta and Tokitoh, who go around their school solving crimes for the student council (meaning they beat up a lot of people ^^). It also has majour shounen ai hints ^_~.

Also has anyone ever seen Yami no Matsuei? Its my favourite series, its so cool and supernatuarl.

Oh, and Gravitation is also one of the best. ^_^. Very cute.

luv Balthasar

[color=crimson][size=1]No, it's not a waste of MORE money on DVDs because then I'll be able to watch it subbed and dubbed and that's ALL I care about at this present point in time!!!!! And I like CLAMP, too. They are my favorite anime artists in the entire world, although someone told me they were nothing more than "horny Japanese women who made all of their men look like girls..." :drunk: But I don't agree with that! I love them![/color][/size]