OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][size=1][color=darkblue]* Samurai Pizza Cats[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

That was the first anime I ever watched. Old skool stuff. They'd get a pizza order, then go launch out the roof of the pizza joint. Lol, it was so weird.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ifm2181 [/i]
[B]

That was the first anime I ever watched. Old skool stuff. They'd get a pizza order, then go launch out the roof of the pizza joint. Lol, it was so weird. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=blue]That was also the first anime I ever watched. Back then I didn't even know what anime was, heh. I also remember watching Dragonball a few times, I was never really interested in it back then. I wish I was though...[/color]

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sensei-San [/i]
[B]My favourite animes always turn out to be the least popular ones, oh well.... here's a taste for ya.

[I]My Neighborough Totoro[/I]
[I]Princess Monoke[/I]
[I]Dominion Tank Police[/I]
[I]Venus Wars[/I]

Yes siree, those are the best animes known to me, I recommend "My Neighborough Totoro", it's really cute and funny. [/B][/QUOTE]
I love all of those anime, except for Venus Wars, I haven't yet seen that one. I ahve never even heard of it, seen it or anything like that. From what is on your list I can tell you have good taste. Where did you get Venus Wars.....you must tell me!

Hey, i saw this when i was in protugal on holiday, it looked great and funny too, it was also made by the maker of DBZ, Akira Toriyama (sp?).

* Yaiba

I'm not sure if anyone ahs heard of it, or saw it, but it look pretty funny. It contains Evil Bunnies! Who wouldnt like that!?!??! ^_^

Most of the not-well known anime that were in my mind have been taken but Full Metal Panic is a great new anime that just finished airing new eps in Japan last June. Forgive me if someone already mentioned this title but it's a great show. I've currently seen 12 eps of this show (out of 24 total) and I like what I see. Thankfully, this show has been liscenced by ADV so look out for the DVD releases possibly later this year or 2003. Don't miss it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinobi [/i]
[B]Hey, i saw this when i was in protugal on holiday, it looked great and funny too, it was also made by the maker of DBZ, Akira Toriyama (sp?).

* Yaiba

I'm not sure if anyone ahs heard of it, or saw it, but it look pretty funny. It contains Evil Bunnies! Who wouldnt like that!?!??! ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

OY! That was a long time ago! I loved it. It's quite different from DBZ but you could still see the similarities (The powers and the hairstyle). Quite funny also. :laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Def_Kun [/i]
[B]Currently trying out a few new titles...

1. Tokyo Underground
2. Rah Xephon
3. Prince of Tennis
4. King of Bandits Jing
5. Gensoumaden Saiyuki

aside from the usual Chobits that I haven't finished yet. [/B][/QUOTE]
I've read some of the Prince of Tennis Manga. It's kinda interesting, but all the people look like weird demons to with their huge eyes and pointy ears and all..... It seems good, although I've only read 2 volumes. I'd like to get the anime, but ya know, that costs money and everything.....

I don't remeber if I said these but-

1)Fake(It's not drawn pretty, but it's still really good, it has a good twist of action and comedy)
2)Gravitation(This REALLY needs more fans >_< if I like anything from that series it's the music, Shinning Collection is the best anime song ever, again, this has a nice mix of comedy, romance, and music, but the dubbing sucks, there getting a surfer dude to do Ryuichi's voice >_<)
3)Fruits Basket(This anime is for everyone, it has a lot of memerble charactors and episodes, it's one of the most emotional animes I've seen.)
4)Revolutionary Girl Utena(So, this isn't drawn very pretty either -_-it has a nice plot with a lot of nice bishies, and the movie is beautiful)

Guest Silentblade8
Can't believe that no one has mentioned the Lensman...is it that rare? Last time I saw it was in the late 80s. :D
I'm also a big Teknoman and 8Man fan! :devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]I don't remeber if I said these but-

1)Fake(It's not drawn pretty, but it's still really good, it has a good twist of action and comedy)
2)Gravitation(This REALLY needs more fans >_< if I like anything from that series it's the music, Shinning Collection is the best anime song ever, again, this has a nice mix of comedy, romance, and music, but the dubbing sucks, there getting a surfer dude to do Ryuichi's voice >_<)
3)Fruits Basket(This anime is for everyone, it has a lot of memerble charactors and episodes, it's one of the most emotional animes I've seen.)
4)Revolutionary Girl Utena(So, this isn't drawn very pretty either -_-it has a nice plot with a lot of nice bishies, and the movie is beautiful) [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes! Gravitation and Fruits Basket needs more fans! They're two of my favorite animes and hardly anyone has seen them....:bawl: I'm sure Funimation will make Fruits Basket more well-known, though.... *cries*

I think Gravitation is a great series. I fell in love with it already. ^-^ I think there are like 3 fans on OB now.... Forest Pixie, you, and me. ^^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]Yes! Gravitation and Fruits Basket needs more fans! They're two of my favorite animes and hardly anyone has seen them....:bawl: I'm sure Funimation will make Fruits Basket more well-known, though.... *cries*

I think Gravitation is a great series. I fell in love with it already. ^-^ I think there are like 3 fans on OB now.... Forest Pixie, you, and me. ^^ [/B][/QUOTE]

The Otaku needs some newfans that have seen more then anime put on TV...and it would be nice to have some new Yami no Matsuei and Gravitation needs some new fans.

I forgot-
Yami no Matsuei-
(It's very gory, and twisted, but it's has a wonderfull storyline and kawaii charactors ^^, who ever likes shinigamis and vampires should watch this)

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well Akuma it depends some times televised anime is rather rare for a person. Depending on their preception. One must remember that not everyone has all the cable networks or standarized anime on their network stations.

To add more to the list:

Megazone 23 Part I
Megazone 23 Part II
Megazone 23 Part III

Mosepeda: Live and Let Die

Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling me!

DNA^2

Steel Angel Kurumi

Bleh. I've seen most anime listed here.
Nothing new. I've noticed not too many
people know about Love Hina, it's such
a wonderful series but people dont know.
3x3 eyes is another great series. Sad to
say but some of those anime titles, i
checked and they didnt exist o.O;; maybe
i was wrong, but there was like a post or
two on anime that i could not find, maybe
just me ;_;. Right now i'm watching a very
unknown series (at least in my parts) called
Hikago or Hikaru No Go and another called
His&Hers and another called Gunsmith Cats.
Some real old anime may not be known, like
Candy Candy and such.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
I've seen the ones you are referring too now, nothing special, most people don't know about the really old school anime shows and not many of them are memorable based on the fact they went up against franchises in the 80's like Macross and Gundam. Even before that other animes had to content with shows like Battleship Yamato and Arcadia of my Youth in the 70's. Franchises that were stables in there time period really opressed some really good animes that are not well known in Japan or America

[font=comic sans ms]If it hasn't been listed yet, then not too many people have seen [i]To Heart[/i] yet. Really, a lovely series (and no, it's not hentai, though it is based on a hentai PC game). Another one that I think few have seen is [i]Grave of the Fireflies[/i]. I've also seen the movie for [i]Kimagure Orange Road[/i]. [i]Dragon Half[/i] is one of the funniest anime I've seen! And yes, [i]Mahou No Stage Fancy Lala[/i] is another series that I liked. I guess those are some of the anime that are rarely mentioned.[/font]

I agree Rick, old school anime were something, i have some real old series' but i'll have to go visit my basement o.O.I kinda preferred the old animation style look over the new CGed look that all anime comes out in now, it's kinda nice to see some more original/old stuff once in a while.

Oii, i've seen Dragon Half, it was hilarious XD..in a doopey kind of way, it was so funny the way that girl persued her "love". Her outfits where also something else..Orange Road had the absolute worst casting of voices in it's english dubbed version...horrid...crap. It was better original style, Grave of The Fireflies..ehh, okay, it kinda bored me at times. And Stage Fantasy all i saw was like the first half ^^;.To Heart....depends on the stuff your in to.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pepper [/i]
[B]Bleh. I've seen most anime listed here.
Nothing new. I've noticed not too many
people know about Love Hina, it's such
a wonderful series but people dont know.
3x3 eyes is another great series. Sad to
say but some of those anime titles, i
checked and they didnt exist o.O;; maybe
i was wrong, but there was like a post or
two on anime that i could not find, maybe
just me ;_;. Right now i'm watching a very
unknown series (at least in my parts) called
Hikago or Hikaru No Go and another called
His&Hers and another called Gunsmith Cats.
Some real old anime may not be known, like
Candy Candy and such. [/B][/QUOTE]
Love Hina? I think that's a pretty well-known anime... maybe not here, but tons of people know of it. I've deffinitely heard about it, though I've never actually seen it. You mentions "his & hers"...are you talking about his and her circumstances? I know that's what they tranlationed Kareshi Kanojo no jijou to be. More people should see Kare Kano, it's a really great series. ^-^ One of my faves...