OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#507AAC]I don't really remember the VERY end.

Spoiler:
[spoiler]I just remember the part where the little boy dies. That was really sad...[/spoiler]

But yeah, I haven't seen it in a long time. I should go and find it again...[/color]

okay to set something straight about BAA, the anime only covers the first 2 graphic novels, it shrinks them down to the basics. So if u get a chance, read the manga, its WAY better. But the real ending of BAA is...

SPOILER:
[spoiler]it is about 10 years after Alita fuses with the pillar connecting tiphars and the other city, to keep it from falling and killing millions. Alita's 'cousin' has become a professional writer, and she is doing a book on Alita. So while walking around they find Dr. Destynova, and he has gone insane, for alita(his 'failed'experiment) had won, they follow him into a place that has a egg-sack like thing hanging from the wall, he runs away, and they find a message saying that before he went insane, he found Alita's DNA, and that she is still alive in the sack thing. They cut it open, and out comes alita, but she is now human....[/spoiler]

and that is the ending in a nutshell, sorry its so long. oh and i have seeb the first tekkaman, saber rider, and exo-squad, their kinda old though.....

[size=1][color=teal]Here, I've added the [spoiler] tag. I'm not blaming you at all, I'd just like to see that more users are aware of this new tag for future use. -Syk3[/color][/size]

I wish tekkaman would get some air time under cable or something.

Ive seen very little but I really, really, really, loved what I saw.

I thought it was truely awesome. But I hate having to spend 5 dollars to rent or an astronamical amount to buy these movies.

I just wish these animes were more accesible to the average joe.
Thats why I dont hate funi for bringing dbz to us on cn.

I just want anime to be brought to us more often, if the anime is that great, I will go out of my way to get the original. But atleast give me the chance to check it out before I take the plunge.

Shoot, can't I just get alittle anime to be brought to us correctly.

I mean, I know how fist of the north star ends, but did showtime beyond really have to stop their eps. at the half way point... hell nah.

well from what i know, BAA the seris stops after the end of the second manga, so you might have to go get the manga. But of coarse this is only to my knowlegde. Oh and sorry Syk3, i couldn't find the spoiler tag. Oh i think Kare Kano is pretty unknown anime.

[color=teal][size=1]I don't believe it's in there at this point, but read the announcement and add it in yourself when the time comes. -Syk3[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Projekt[Navi] [/i]
[B]Umm .. SoulTaker and Gasaraki aren't very appreciated after how much both anime ownz!! [/B][/QUOTE]

K...off topic, but why was he banned? (He's a friend of mine)

Saiyuki and Weiss Kreuz/Knight Hunters aren't very well know, I haven't actually seen Saiyuki, but I've heard a lot of good things about it, and Knight Hunters is pretty good to, the animation sucks though. T.T

Some other rare anime are Angelic Layer, AD Police, Marmalade Boy, Full Metal Panic,&.hack//sign also, does anyone have any information on hack.//liminality

All I know is that it goes .hack//sign(anime), .hack(4 part ps2 game),.hack//dusk(manga), & .hack liminality( 4 part OAV released with PS2 game)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr Roboto [/i]
[B]also, does anyone have any information on hack.//liminality [/B][/QUOTE]
Liminality? Is that some sort of sequal to .hack//SIGN? Just when I thought that series were made quickly, they come out with a sequal to one only a month after the first comes out. o_O

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]How come I don't know all of this and you guys do?!? [/B][/QUOTE]
That's a funny question, lol. Which, I might mention, seems like you are just saying to get in another post. o_O

In any case, it's either because we...

1) Research and buy anime online
2) Have a store near us that sells anime
or 3) Have an organized anime club in our school at which people bring lots of different animes

As for me, I'm a 1 and a 3. Hey, that rhymes...

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[B]Hmm...no, but they sound ok. I need to get out more! The only anime I know well and like are just Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha....
*shakes head*
How come I don't know all of this and you guys do?!? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well it's just like Syk3 said, however in my own case I've been watching anime almost my whole life, collecting it from the age of 3 allows you to experience much more.

I'm probably one of the few members that actually watched dragon ball in the late 80's and early 90's when it was still new, in ways I've been much more fortunate then some fans of anime.

Ack we should get back on topic.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr Roboto [/i]
[B]Some other rare anime are Angelic Layer, AD Police, Marmalade Boy, Full Metal Panic,&.hack//sign also, does anyone have any information on hack.//liminality

All I know is that it goes .hack//sign(anime), .hack(4 part ps2 game),.hack//dusk(manga), & .hack liminality( 4 part OAV released with PS2 game) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yay, someone mentioned Full Metal Panic. ^-^ I watched the whole series, and I really liked it. It had a little shoujo-twist in it, and good fight scenes and plot, too, so I really enjoyed it for the most part. X3

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]collecting it from the age of 3 allows you to experience much more.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]lol. How many dvd's/vhs' do you have? oO

I have a Japanese Anime/Manga store about fifteen minutes away, and a Korean-Dubbed Japanese-anime store three blocks from home, and I still don't know about 2/3 of the anime you guys talk about. o_o;
In fact, I even have an encyclopiedia my dad gave me for Christmas last year, and I only know like the basic basics. ^_^;;

Whoo.. back on subject. n n'

Has anyone ever heard of either Psycho Soldier Athena or CandyCandy?
Athena's a character from SNK/King of fighters, and she had her own anime for that ran for a year or two. Anyway, it's about a girl named Athena Asamiya, and her four sidekicks, Chin Genkai (her drunk master), Sie Kensu (A guy that likes her), Bao (an orphan often mistaken as Athena's brother who has psychic powers, like Athena), and Athena's best friend, that often gives her tips about the bad-guys. ^_^ The story starts when two guys are fighting against one really tough guy, when Athena arrives in China for a vacation. Athena helps them out by using a psychic blast she never knew she could do. Chin trains her, and the trio form a Chinese Crime-fighting team called the 'Psychic Soldiers'.

CandyCandy is basically about a girl with pink hair, and her life at school and home. (Very old.) The manga was made sometime in the 60's...[/color] [/size]

[color=blue][size=1]I have one to add: Metal Angel Marie...I think it's also known as My Dear Marie, or at least that's what I found out when I was reading a review on it today. Don't know if it's rare or not, but not many people seem to talk about it *shrugs*

My god, you guys see a lot of anime. I have much catching up to do.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BunnyBunny05 [/i]
[B]Has ne one happen to see the movie Princess Mononoke? If you did, I heard that they were going to make a show out of it (YAY!) [/B][/QUOTE]

I have it on DVD and most of have heard of it...pretty popular movie.

But a PM series?!? Where did you hear that from?

[B]But a PM series?!? Where did you hear that from? [/B][/QUOTE]
I'd actually like to know myself, and find out if such a thing is really in progress. It sounds like a good idea, but they're taking the chance of ruining the Princess Mononoke title. And if there really is going to be a series, what does that make the movie? An OVA?

As for the movie itself, I've seen it, and I doubt I would call it a rare anime, since most everyone here has seen it. o_O