OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]I liked the movie, but not enough to tune into a PM series. If it really is true that they're making a PM TV series, that won't last very long. I doubt that it would ever get popular. [/B][/QUOTE]
Lol, I'm sure it will be popular at first. The movie wasn't that bad, and the title alone will get a lot of people to watch it. Then it will go from there; whether it will turn out to be a good or bad series.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Musahi
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]I liked the movie, but not enough to tune into a PM series. If it really is true that they're making a PM TV series, that won't last very long. I doubt that it would ever get popular. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=darkred]That my friend is whre you are wrong. It was one of the biggest movies ever in Japan. It made more money than Titanic did at the box office. No matter what it [b]will[/b] be popular.[/color]

Does "Invasion America" qualify?
It's a 13 part series that aired on the WB thru June-July 1998, and then got canceled, AFAIK it has not been released on VHS or DVD... yet

[URL=http://tifaia.htmlplanet.com/ia_links.htm]1 of the better IA pages[/URL] most of the links are nowhere to be found tho

[URL=http://home.cfl.rr.com/ooshala/ia/general/general.html]general info[/URL]

Yu Yu Hakusho- not surprised you haven't heard of it, believe it only aired twice that year, and then... poof, gone

I've got a few to add...
Princess Tutu (don't ask), Galaxy Angel, Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo, and the Rose of Versailles.

Does Super GALS! Kotobuki Ran count, because I've seen numerous fansites for it and it seems quite popular even before it was announced that it was coming to the States (sometime in the first quarter of this year)?

• 2 weeks later...
ummm. i dont know if anyone has said these but.....

*Iria
*Project AKO
*Grappler Baki
*Blue City Oedo
*Orphen(good movie)
*Naruto(i think its the name, not 100% sure)

thats all i can think of off the top of my cranium, oh yea, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is pretty nice too.D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by S#aRp [/i]
[B]-Hellsing
-Grave of the Fireflies
-Vision of Escaflowne

Grave of fireflies is the number 1 anime movie i ever seen the story is very gripping and is a must see everyone should check it out [/B][/QUOTE]
Ahh, I'm not sure if I would consider those rare animes. I know for a fact that many people here have heard of these, myself included. And even though I havn't watched them yet, I'm actually hoping to see Hellsing some time next week.

Ive got a new idea for this thread.

Instead of putting down shows we think are rare or unknown, lets start naming the shows that arent rare or unknown.

Shows like bubble gum crisis and gun smith cats are in no way rare.

We need to stop just naming the anime titles that seem rare and maybe, just maybe, talk about the title which are called unknown.

That way we can actually learn about them and find out if we wanna get our hands on a copy.

What do you think?

Sounds like a plan.

So.....how about Yu Yu Hakusho?!?!?! *dodges tomato*
Ok, ok! I get the picture!
Actually, I know a lot of people that have never even heard of the show. I think that more people need to know about it.

YYH is an Anime I would consider a classic, like one that we'd never want to forget. It's very unique...I don't know another show like it. I LOVE the art. Beautiful....Togashi-San is good....

Anyway...if anyone want to know anything about YYH, please tell me. I'd be happy to talk....even if it's not about knowing the show, I love to talk to other fans.

And another thing. I know there are some of you here at OB that live in Canada and the UK and Australia that haven't seen or heard of YYH yet. I hope you guys get it soon. I feel so bad for some of them! Like they're behind or something. I just wish we all got Anime at the same time and stuff...it's not fair.

But that's life for ya.....0_o

Well,

when I said what I did, I didnt mean to do it so that people would just start naming all the animes we know of.

I was more trying to be sorta sarcastic because Im seeing so many anime titles that aren't rare.

That, and the newb type move of just looking on a page like anipike and putting down any names that appear there, which they didnt know about.

I know everyone here is honorable, but I was just trying to get away from the 5 name post with no content.

Lets actually talk about some of these little known animes rather than just put down every name we can think of.

Guest Sedorna
Well, there's Blazing Alpenrose. I've seen the first two movies, and the first was far better than the second. The storyline was far tighter, and the main villian didn't have Freddy Krueger syndrome like he did in the second.

Also, there's the The Star of Cottonland. Oh, that is so utterly sweet. A little kitten is drawn as a human girl, but she's really still a kitten (everybody else sees her as a kitten) and she has fun, kitten-like adventures. Plus, Rafael is really bishonen!

Oh, and Nurse Angel Ririka SOS. It's magical girl, and it has a really good story, tragic death scenes, wonderful characterization, and is directed by Daichi. He's fantastic.

And Hime-chan no Ribbon. Yes, Hime-chan has the powers to use a magic ribbon to transform into whomever she wishes, but what's really important is how she grows and develops in her day to day life and relationships.

Brother, Dear Brother. How can you not like a show with obsession, love, betrayal, angst, and psychotic drug-addicted insestuous lesbians?

I was recently given about 20-odd anime videos to watch by one of my mum's friend's husbands, who's very into anime.

Some of them I've never heard of before. Does anyone know about The Winds of Amnesia? That's one which interested me, and I'll watch it when I have time.

I was also given Megazone 23 (which I've watched. Wasn't amazingly spectacular, in my opinion), Madox-01, lots of Dominoin Tank Police, four Project A-ko episodes, Lensman, Odin, Cyber City: Oedo 808, and Venus Wars. Any of these worth watching?

Also, I really want to see the Fire Emblem anime series. ADV released it on VHS in '95, but it has since disappeared into obscurity. Has anyone seen it?

My friend just picked up Fire Emblem... I'm gonna go and watch it soon ^_^

Anyways, those tapes you got are pretty good, especially Tank Police. I remember watching that one growing up. The A-ko series you got is pretty good too.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Enishi [/i]
[B]My friend just picked up Fire Emblem... I'm gonna go and watch it soon ^_^

Anyways, those tapes you got are pretty good, especially Tank Police. I remember watching that one growing up. The A-ko series you got is pretty good too. [/B][/QUOTE]

*jaw drops* I want Fire Emblem! Marth! What was it like?

I managed to watch The Wind of Amnesia a few days ago, and it was pretty decent, I thought. It had quite an anticlimax at the end, I thought. But a lot of animes just sort of... end. Well, some do- they don't have a massive earth-shattering conclusion or anything. I enjoyed it, though. The characters were well-done, in my opinion. It's a little outdated, though- it was meant to be set in 1999 and 'the future' o_O;

Soo...many...unknown Animes! hm...*doesn't know if people listed these or not, didn't read everything*>.>

Seraphim Call-short but sweet
To Heart-Also short but sweet
Fam and Iri: Ruin Explorers-HILARIOUS! OAV, short, but GREAT!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mei [/i]
[B]Soo...many...unknown Animes! hm...*doesn't know if people listed these or not, didn't read everything*>.>

To Heart-Also short but sweet
[/B][/QUOTE]

To Heart is such a pretty series... I saw some of it... Don't remember what it was about though...

What about Sentimental Graffiti? I have a figure from the series my dad got it for me... It actually looks sorta interesting... i dunno

hmmmm... this list seems to be getting long
i suggest that somone edit a post on the first page and put the list there

just 2 remind ever1...
[QUOTE]
Rare Animes though, not dbz, tenchi, trigun, CB, or Gundam!!! I want something rare for a change! [/QUOTE]