OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

[size="-2"]heh... I wrote a LONG list of rare animes, but my mom was telling me to go take a bath before I could
complete posting it... >_<;.
Anyway I live in Saudi Arabia( better known as the country that lost to germany 8-0 >_<; )And here, when the translate an
anime they translate it SUPER kiddy, they change the convos that have even semi-adult talk...They even sometimes change the
names of the animes, and sometimes they change the names of the characters too!
Well here are a few animes I've found the names of:

Dai No Daibouken
Aka-Chan to Boku
Captin Tsuuba(Pretty famous)
Saber Rider and the Star Sherrifs
Tobe! Isami
Detective Conan(Its really popular, but I guess not lots of peeps heard about it here)
Slam Dunk(I don't know if this one is rare, but its really funny)
Little Women
Lady! Lady!(this is the same Lady as the one down there)
Mahojin Guru Guru(Same guru guru as the one down there)

Animes I don't know the names of:

Mooka Mooka:Arabic Name: An anime in which a little girl (Weeba) raises a little dinosaur and ends up going back in time,
with her whole nieghbourhood

Kung Foo School:Arabic Name:About a kid who wants to learn kung foo and joins a school to do so, based in old china or
japan, forgot which...

Marow-ko:Arabic Name:About a little girl and her life, its a really silly comedy, drawn childishly (Chibi's). I'm not sure
weather this is an anime or just a japanese cartoon.

Flaming Throw:Arabic Name, makes sense in arabic...:About a make belive sport which is really like volley ball, and a kid
who wants to be the master of it, like his dead father is.

The Geniuses:Araic Name:Based in the future. Aliens from a dying planet that can shrink themselves, and their space ships,
go inside our human bodies and try to find out why we're not dying like they are, but cause diseases unintentionally; now
humans can shrink as well, and also travel inside the sick human bodies to find out whats wrong with the sick humans.

Guru Guru:Arabic Names:About a couple of kids who have to save the world from the forces of evil monsters by using... Guru
Guru...Also chibis*

Cinderella:Arabic name:It's Cinderella but cooler and with alot of changes.

Zoro:Not sure if this is even the arabic name, never caught the title: Ummmm... its Zoro...

Lady:Arabic Name:About a cute little girl and her troubled youth, her love of horses, her sick sister and her dead mom... to
sum it up, its about her life.*

Aanaba's Story:Arabic Name:About 2 grown ups (Aanaba,a princess, and her prince Fiancé)who lived in the past, three
kids( 2 from the present, 1 girl, 1 boy, and one little boy from the princesses time), and a little dragon called Prodega.
A proffesor the 2 kids knew made a time machine and the 2 kids went back in time and got stuck there because the time
machine was stolen by a short fat magician who works for the bad guy, who wants to marry the princess and take over her
land.

I added the description Incase someone *cough*Rick Hunter*cough* knew the names of a few...
And I don't claim to have personally seen
EVERYONE of these animes, but just a few EP's of Each.[/size]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the boys in CLAMP manga! They're always cute! And they don't [i]always[/i] look like girls....Okay, so a lot of them do, but, say, Touya and Hideki don't look like girls. Just some of their guys. CLAMP story lines are always so in-depth. I love all their work!

AA I've heard some of those anime's

Detective Conan is like this teen investigator who was turned into a kid by some unknown rivals using some weird medicine. Now not only does he have to solve some of the most bizzare cases but has to find a way to change himself back to his former self.

Slam Dunk is the Initial D of Basketball. The newbie Sakuragi joined his high school basketball club to impress a girl that he wants to court. However Haruko loves the ace player of the club and her brother is the captain of the club making it much harder for Hanamichi. The comedy value is excellent.

I think that most CLAMP works have these hidden homosexual relationships in their storyline like MKR, X, Tokyo Babylon.

Yeah, CLAMP usually does have hiddem homosexual relationships. Nothin' wrong with that. It makes it more.......interesting. Card Captor Sakura had that, too. Lol. A lot of mangas have those, though. CLAMP must just really like it....now that I think about it, even Clover had that. Actually....Clover had quite a few relationships like that. Hmm...I never really thought about it, till now. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Def_Kun [/i]
[B]AA I've heard some of those anime's

Detective Conan is like this teen investigator who was turned into a kid by some unknown rivals using some weird medicine. Now not only does he have to solve some of the most bizzare cases but has to find a way to change himself back to his former self.

Slam Dunk is the Initial D of Basketball. The newbie Sakuragi joined his high school basketball club to impress a girl that he wants to court. However Haruko loves the ace player of the club and her brother is the captain of the club making it much harder for Hanamichi. The comedy value is excellent.

I think that most CLAMP works have these hidden homosexual relationships in their storyline like MKR, X, Tokyo Babylon. [/B][/QUOTE]
Oops, I knew abbout Slam Dunk, It was one helluva anime, but then the channel I was watching it stopped bringing it... :(
When I said "I don't about this one, it seems pretty popular" what I ment was I don't know if it was really rare, or unpopular, :)

hey sniper, those were all for the most part named before in this thread. i think at one point this thread got to the point of a mod. mentioning how rare anime is almost hard for most here to think of. (not entirely of course, this is in general) i also want to know where the best place to get these animes are. does anyone know of a web site that is just packed with anime. rare for that matter.

[color=crimson][size=1]Um, Sniper, I think you're a little bit behind the times in this nine page thread, dear....:rolleyes:

Anywho, CLAMP makes the most interesting plots, even if there are homosexuals. Like in X, Kamui did have a thing for Kotori, but I also think he loved Fuuma in almost the same sort of way. And yes, there are LOTS of relationships that are homosexual, but since CLAMP characters are so beautiful, it makes their love all that much more beautiful... (and the guys do look like girls... >.>;; )[/color][/size]

In X TV I thought he did have this thing for Kotori.... and Fuuma... and Subaru (although he's taken by Seishiro) .... and Sorata.... But hey, compared to the other seven seals I'd choose him anytime one on one against anyone.

Hehe, they all look beautiful. Sometimes CLAMP men relationships are more... interesting than the other norman boy - girl relationships.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B][COLOR=blue]-That Outlaw Star Spinoff......I forgot the name but I think it starts with Angel....
-Sword of the Beserk
-Zone of the Enders
-Rockman.exe
-Noir
-Bubblegum Crisis
-Love Hina (can someone please tell me what is this all about?)
-Vandread
-Chobits
-Tales of Eternia

If I make some mistakes then someone stop me...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]*scratches head* Outlaw Star spin-off? I knew it existed but how did you get it. I must know! Sword of the Beserk isn't that good really, but the game was pretty cool.[/SIZE]
:)
[SIZE=1]-Daniel[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dead Fork [/i]
[B]
[SIZE=1]*scratches head* Outlaw Star spin-off? I knew it existed but how did you get it. I must know! Sword of the Beserk isn't that good really, but the game was pretty cool.[/SIZE]
:)
[SIZE=1]-Daniel[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
I believe he was talking about Angel Links. The spinoff (I believe) is about two charactors Valeria and Duuz. They appeared in Outlaw Star episode 19, I think. *run's off to check* yes I was right. Your wrong about Sword of the Beserk though, man that is one awesome anime. Gatsu (guts) is awesome. His sword is like as big as Cloud's from FF7. :)

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Pet Shop horrors was pretty interesting however it didn't catch on in japan well and there were budget constraints that forced it to be an ova series instead!:)

I once thought Petshop of Horrors was the japanese anime adaptation of Little Petshop of Horrors waaay back then.

But I thought it was kinda good. The "Tears in Heaven" song of the mermaid in episode two really got stuck on me for quite a while.

K I don't want this thread to die so I'll post a little more...

1. Chobits (My replacement for Fruits Basket)
2. Read or Die (Da Paper, Mees Deep, Mistah Gentelman)
3. Sakura Wars (Maria's the no. 1 anime babe of all time!!!)
4. Puni Puni Poemi - this really shocked me since I don't really see much of japanese parodies.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
NO double posting, please! Also Hamtaro and Yu Yu Hakusho aren't really that rare anymore at least here now with both of them being on toonami! ;)

ok i know this isnt rare but i wanted to talk about this one and i thought it would be better than doing a whole new thread.
Ronin Warriors.
come on, that show was awesome i watched it when i was young and i watched for its breif stint on toonami. it was pretty original and pretty good. animation quality was also good for its time.

Ronin Warriors? Thats pretty rare now that it isnt on toonami, but i could be wrong. I remember it well, I used to watch toonami JUST to watch it and DBZ. I bought all the action figures too, but after a while I forgot the name of the show anyway...

I didn't bother reading through much of the thread, considering there's about 10 pages to it, so I'm just naming some I've gotten recently that didn't seem to be overly mentioned.

-Generator Gawl: only seen the 1st volume. it's okay, but it was kinda boring. I'm gonna try to get the 2nd volume though in case it's just cuz the beginning was slow or something. if it doesn't get better, I'm leaving it alone.
-Please Save My Earth: seen the OVA. I think I would've liked it if I had read the manga first, they left WAAY to much info out of the movie. I still liked it though.
-Kenshin OVA/Tsuioku Hen/Samurai X: really good. I think they went a little overboard with the blood though
-Marmalade Boy: only read 1 volume, but it's addicting :D. I've special ordered the 2nd one,
-Grave of the Fireflies: really-REALLY good. even my mom, who is prolly the most anti-anime person I've ever met, watched it and liked it.

heh, prolly didn't give a hoot, but I figured I'd post anyway :cross:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mermaid Saga by Rumiko Takahashi. I read the Mermaid's Forest manga, and then I rented the Mermaid's Scar anime. I want to get the whole set of manga. It's a rather interesting horror story. ^^ Wow, I think that really is rare.