OtakuBoards

Animes, that aren't well known!

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Magma Dragoon
I didn't say it to be mean, but anything on tv isn't really rare, sorry if you were offended

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
;) Sadly going through these post I've seen all the anime listed, keep in mind what one believes to be rare is not rare to another, it all depends on location, location, location!;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B];) Sadly going through these post I've seen all the anime listed, keep in mind what one believes to be rare is not rare to another, it all depends on location, location, location!;) [/B][/QUOTE]

And in my location, any kind of anime is rare....

Maybe we should illegalise anime in the UK, that way all sorts of 'anime dealers' would appear in dark alleys...

[color=crimson][size=1]I saw El Hazard myself. That was a funny show. I really like Ifurita. She's so pretty and her character is really sad. Of course, I saw the OVA's and not the TV series. In the TV series, Makoto falls in love with Rune Venus instead of Ifurita, and Ifurita looks completely different but undeniably cute. I recommend that show, too, even though it reminds me of Tenchi because of the way that so many girls are after Makoto...let's see, there's Ifurita, Nanami, Shayla, and I think Rune Venus, and plus there are other girls, too...not to mention the little girl that is in love with all the other girls...I can't remember her name...

And I LOVE Ranma 1/2, too. But no one seems to talk about it either. Shampoo is the GREATEST![/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) Yes Ranma 1/2 is a good show, not too rare, and Shampoo is pretty cool as well as El Hazard!

Well keep them coming!;)

Guest Dark Anime Guy
Hey Kevin, I actually joined here. I (Akuma from your boards) would just stay in the General Anime section.
To get thing rolling I will name a few more.
1.Shaman King
2.Crush Gear
3.WebDiver
4.Cyborg 009
5.Condor Hero
6.Rave
I will probably think of some more later.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B]I once saw an anime called "El Hazard." It was funny, yet disturbing. :nervous: [/B][/QUOTE]

heh, el hazard is cool....

what else, bastard is another decent anime, spriggan is cool too....

your under arrest, I like that too

choukousenki kikaioh is a cool mecha anime, though it's really hard to get

legend of the four kings is kinda average

I got loads more anime's in my head, I'm just too lazy to type more of them out....

im glad to see someone mention bastard. i really liked what i saw of that show and nobody has mentioned anything about it.
i also want to ask again.
does any one know some other good titles that have stuff like wizards and knights and dragons and what not.
i know of record of lodoss and bastard...
any others...?

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Try Escaflowne, its a anime show based on mechs, knights, and dragons!

Also try: Legend of Crystana (sp?)
Chronicles of Lodoss Wars (Completely different from the one you saw)

And there are a couple of others but they evade my mind at the moment!

Sorry this is what happens when you don't get enough of this :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

RIGHT ON!!!
i already knew of escaflowne.
and actually you really just jogged my mind more than gave me something new. i think i have heard of legend of crystana.
but the chronicles...
thanks for the help.

[color=crimson][size=1]I've always know that there was something different from Record of Lodoss War, but what exactly is it? Because RoLW was absolutely horrible, if you ask me. It was crappy animation and the STUPIDEST storyline...I mean, Parn is a complete idiot...

And Sephiroth, I love your new avatar. It's really beautiful.[/color][/size]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]I've always know that there was something different from Record of Lodoss War, but what exactly is it?
[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Chronicles of Loddess War sort of took place before the first one, it wasn't really that great, and in a way conflicted with the original story, though it has its good parts! Hope this helps you out Queen Asuka!:)

[color=crimson][size=1]It does a little. I don't know if I've ever seen pictures from the Chronicles, though. Hmm...I remember one time they showed RoLW on the Sci Fi channel and I watched it, but then when I recently watched it again on video, the entire series, it didn't bring back any memories or ring any bells. So I'm sort of confused...Grr...I hate it when I get like that...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]It does a little. I don't know if I've ever seen pictures from the Chronicles, though. Hmm...I remember one time they showed RoLW on the Sci Fi channel and I watched it, but then when I recently watched it again on video, the entire series, it didn't bring back any memories or ring any bells. So I'm sort of confused...Grr...I hate it when I get like that...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green]There are at least three ROLW series that I know of. The original, Chronicles of the Brave Knight (featuring Spark, the most annoying main character ever!) and a third series, which takes place in Ashram's kingdom (it stars some girl with a lion, I have never seen it.)

Did they show the entire series on Sci Fi? I don't remember the Sci Fi channel ever showing anime series.. they might have just shown the movie. Or maybe you have the show confused with something else, who knows?[/color]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:drunk: Hmm, if I'm not mistaken the third series was Legend of Crystana(sp?)! Its been awhile since I have touch any of those ROLW tapes!

That's funny. I thought that there was only two series of RoLW. I didn't know there was a third. Does anyone know where I can find the third series. By the way, Queen Asuka, you can also find Chornicals of the Heroic Knight on Toonami Reactor, located on CartoonNetwork.com. The quality of watching it depends on your computer.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B]

[color=green]

Did they show the entire series on Sci Fi? I don't remember the Sci Fi channel ever showing anime series.. they might have just shown the movie. Or maybe you have the show confused with something else, who knows?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]No, I know for a fact that it was RoLW. And they only showed like four episodes on the Sci-Fi channel, not the whole series. It was like the equivalent of two hours, like a movie. I don't know why they showed it, but they did.[/color][/size]