OtakuBoards

Spiderman vs Star Wars

Juu

Ha!All powerful?Why don't I give Yoda a spoon so he can eat Spidey's ***?Spider-Man beat Ep. II into the dirt, man!I'm not saying that AOTC was bad, I liked it a lot, but Spider-Man just beat it to hell.And, uh, by the way, EP. II STOLE SPIDER-MAN'S TEXT! Last night I saw an Ep. II preview, and the words on the screen were in the exact same format as the new Spider-Man the Movie logo (You know, black background, blue letters in italics, etc.)!!!!!!!

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]PS: The Episode II trailers were released/made long before most of the current Spider Man ones.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Yes, so if anything, Spiderman stole from Star Wars. I really didn't like Spiderman. Star Wars definitly "beat it into the dirt" as MaggotDude so eliquently put it. Spiderman turned out just to be a long love story. I wanted more action. Then, he rejects the girl at the end. I don't mind love stories, but when there is [i]NO[/i] love or closure at the end of the movie, I think something must have happened. Like they ran out of money or film or something and couldn't afford to make the film go on any longer. I am a real big fan of the Spiderman comic books. I own almost every one. But the movie really dissapointed me. From a scale of 1-10 (1 being the lowest 10 being the highest) I give Spiderman a 4 and Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones a 10.[/b][/color]

I believe Episode 2 was better. I love Spider-Man. But the ending to it was CRAPPY. I mean look he loved the girl since he was like what 7. And then he rejects her. What the hell? Episode 2 had a whole lot action and it was awesome!!!!!!!!!

I fell asleep near the end the first time,(spiderman).... I was really anxious to know the ending,....I went again while I was babysitting, and I thought that I was better off not seein the ending. Til' the ending, Spiderman was really cool.
-still star wars is better
:P

I don't really like one better than the other. They were both good IMO. I didn't pay as much attention to the end of Star Wars as I would have liked 'cause I was concentrating on not pissing my pants due to the amount of Mountain Dew: Code Red I had drank.

tmi...

I think that Episode 2 beat out Spider-Man in value. Both movies were well done...Spiderman even got more sales in it's opening weekend than Episode 2 did...but I think Attack of the Clones has that "epic" feeling to it that gives Star Wars such a huge fan base.

I haven't seen the new Star Wars movie. I was told by someone who has seen it that "The type of action used is not as exciting to people who have seen the other movies. They are used to it." Of course, that was only an opinion, and it wasn't part of an official review. I plan to see it when it comes out on video or DVD.

[b]Star Wars II ruled over Spiderman like a monkey in a jungle
(ok, bad simile :p sue me)

Spiderman was too lovey-dovey (and even failed at that) and
I thought Green Goblin looked drugged.

Episode II was nice, brought back nappy-memories, had better effects (no matter what you say) and had Yoda fighting in it.
Plus all my friends keep making lightsabre noises now, so I guess they liked that better too

Spiderman comics rule over Stawr Wars though[/b]

Guest Matt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]

Didn't spiderman already make more money than ep.2 well..ill have to say spider man is my choice.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Well, I said that SW [i]will[/i] make more money. Not that is [i]has[/i] made more money. :nope:[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]
Spiderman comics rule over Stawr Wars though[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Yes, Spiderman comics are a ton better than the Star Wars ones. I don't really think that you can make comic books into movies or movies into comic books. With the exception of the first Batman. After that, the other ones sucked.[/b][/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I liked them both alot. And you guys, Spiderman made way more money than Star Wars did.

I wasn't disappointed with SW at all....except that it wasn't as detailed as the book was.

I was VERY disappointed with the Spiderman plot. Sure, it was an EXCELLENT movie, but nothing compared to the original storyline in the comic books. That's the only thing that bothered me.

Anakin Skywalker vs Peter Parker....well both of them were VERY cutesy..it would be hard for me to pick because they both have their advantages and so forth.

Of course, me being a big SW fan, I'm definately leaning towards it. :)[/color][/size]

I like Spider-man alot more than SW. I kinda liked to see my old favorite cartoon and super hero in a realistic movie. Even if at times he did look computerized. I also liked the green goblin. He looked alot better than in the cartoon. I also liked the way he acted. The only problem with him was that sometimes he seemed to walk alittle stiff... But other than that, I loved it! I watched it twice. But SW was a kind of dissapointment to me... Epp one was way better than this one (no oppence ment to anyone) and I think that the older ones looked better (even if the quality wasn't as good). The books were also better than this one... But all in all, it wasn't THAT bad.... I just like spider-man better is all.

One thing they both had in common, lot's of "love" going on... Spider-man in love with mary jane, Anikan in love with Padme(sp), formally known as queen Amedalla.

Personally I liked *gulp* Spiderman better *ducks from all the things thrown at him by Star wars fan's* Ok, Ilove Star war's but the romance kinda ruined it.

Guest Raven131
I haven't seen either of them but I really can't say which looks better. I must say the fact that I was interested in spider man was kinda odd because I have never liked the comics. I'd have to say star wasrs though because I love JarJar Binks!