Guest Obi-Wan Posted June 2, 2002 Posted June 2, 2002 This movie, in my mind, wasn't even a fantasy movie. I saw it more as a sci-fi movie. If i remember coprrectly, werent the games fantasy? and not sci-fi?
Queen Asuka Posted June 2, 2002 Posted June 2, 2002 [color=crimson][size=1]The games had a little bit of everything in them, really. Especially in 8, where they actually traveled to outerspace. That had a lot of science fiction in it. I believe that it is a mixture of a little of everything.[/color][/size]
James Posted June 2, 2002 Posted June 2, 2002 [color=coral]Fantasy doesn't have to mean old fashioned with dragons and stuff...fantasy can be anything otherworldly...space fantasy, for example. :)[/color]
Transtic Nerve Posted June 2, 2002 Posted June 2, 2002 fantasy and sci-fi can be seen as almost synonymous.
Zero-Sama Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 I happened to enjoy the movie. It really made me look at how people are scared of Ghost's and Aliens. I mean, They could just be scared souls looking for help, Not meaning harm, but could actualy cause harm. It's actualy alot of science ideas thrown into a movie.
Turkey Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 The movie isn't that bad. In fact, I liked it quite a bit. I'd post the stuff about the ghosts, but Zero said exactly what I was going to.
Guest Obi-Wan Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i] [B][color=coral]Fantasy doesn't have to mean old fashioned with dragons and stuff...fantasy can be anything otherworldly...space fantasy, for example. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] wouldnt space fantasy be calssified as Sic-Fi though? Yes the movie was great, but I jsut didnt think it was a fantasy type movie, im my mind that is.
Ryo Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 Well, Phantoms are sort of fantasy. The movie was cool. It had awesome graphics.
Kinetic Posted June 3, 2002 Posted June 3, 2002 [color=royalblue] The movie was great, it had great graphics, and a good plot, and decent amount of action, but it just seemed to follow no where near the storyline of Final Fantasy. If it were named something else, I would love it more than anything, but it didn't have anything to do with FF. [/color]
Luminaire Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 I saw the movie and I liked it a lot! Great graphics, action, and a cool plot. It did have a mix of everything including fantasy. I also played every Final Fantasy game except Anthology. If you played them you would notice none of the game connect to one another. I personally think that some of them were more sci-fi than fantasy. But, that's just my opinion! Did that help you at all? I feel like I'm just babbling! ~Luminaire~
SSJ Gotenks ok Posted June 6, 2002 Posted June 6, 2002 I hated that movie could berly stay up when i was watching it. the graphics were cool!!!!:(
Corey Posted June 7, 2002 Posted June 7, 2002 I seem to remember a story or newspaper artica in which th people of FF: The Spirits Within said that the movie had nothing at all to do with the games. Just like the games have nothing at all to do with eachother. Sure they might have similarities, all the Cid's and such, but none of the games or the movie have anything to do with eachother.
BlueGender Posted June 7, 2002 Posted June 7, 2002 [SIZE=1]I really did not like the story it was to...confusing (This coming from a MGS2 fan). T%he graphic's were top notch and Really opened my eye's but other than that I did not really like it to much. I think if they would have made the movie based on one of the games such as FFVII it would not have floped as badly.[/SIZE]
Hyper Posted June 7, 2002 Posted June 7, 2002 well i personally think that the games are more intersetig then the movies.
Luminaire Posted June 8, 2002 Posted June 8, 2002 I agree with HyperShadow. The games were definitely better. And, I never noticed the thing with the Cids. Oh well, I really can't help you that much if you don't even agree with part of my first reply. By the way, I think "space fantasy" can be considered both fantasy and sci-fi. There wasn't a lot of space travel involved in the movie, except the part when Aki and the professor are with that guy (the one Aki likes) are orbiting above the Phantom Crater, and the fact the phantoms came from another planet where Aki's dreams are taking place. I hope that helped!! ~Luminaire~
Ninjaman Posted June 8, 2002 Posted June 8, 2002 i also agree with HyperShadow, but i did like the movie. the graphics were just astonishing. the aliens were quite scary and the plot was very good. the only thing i don't like about the movie was the ending.
Mist Posted June 10, 2002 Posted June 10, 2002 Of course the games were better! If they hadn't been, nobody really would go. I basically went just because it was a spin-off from Square on the movie branch of enterntainment. If I hadn't known the games were great, I wouldn't have gone to see the movie. Sure, the graphics were great, bt graphics isn't everything.
Guest Padme Amidala Posted June 10, 2002 Posted June 10, 2002 The movie was ok but it wasn't supposed to be anything like the games. I think they should've made FFX into a movie instead of this crap....
Chaos Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]fantasy and sci-fi can be seen as almost synonymous. [/B][/QUOTE] Well, seeing as how fantasy is the same as [b]fiction[/b], yup. But I didn't even see the movie. I downloaded a trailer of it a few weeks before it came out, and I could see that it was going to be a disaster. I think it opened at only around 8 or so million. Pretty bad seeing as how they must've put in double that for just the first fourty minutes...
Mist Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 Hehe. I think you're right, SS. I went to see it for two reasons: 1) Unimportantly, it was made by Square. 2) Importantly, my boyfriend wanted to got see it! :love2:
Twinzam v Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 I hated the movie i can't believe it was called Final Fantesy:flaming:
Sephiroth Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 I personally liked the movie, but hey, that's my opinion for you.... steve buscemi should have had a bigger role, he is a funny, funny man....
jimfiel57 Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 It was more like an episode of a long Star Trek show
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now