OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop: "The Real Fan Club"

Zayle

:D Well, I saw the Official Digimon Fan-Club and I decided that CB needed one too! I contacted James over aim to make sure it was alloud, but he had his auto-response was on, oh well if it isn't alloud than I guess, I wont be so happy after all. Ok, now here is what you need!

To join you need to post:

1. Your Otaku name
2. Your favorite CB char.
3. Your favorite CB session
4. Your favorite CB song

Ok here is mine
1. Zayle
2. Spike
3. Jupiter Jazz part 2
4. "The Real Folk Blues" (in case you didn't catch that in the title)
Ok, hopefully someone will sign-up. Also, put it in your sig. that you signed up!!

:devil:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=royalblue]
Name: Chibi
Fav Char: Edward
Fav Show: The Real Folk Blues Part 2
Fav Song: Tank

Can I make an official fan club banner :devil:

*edit*
Good, cuz I made 5 :D

Presidents banner (or if you want one of the others, take it):
[url]http://otaku.250free.com/cfb1.jpg[/url]
Jet Banner:
[url]http://otaku.250free.com/cfb2.jpg[/url]
Spike Banner:
[url]http://otaku.250free.com/cfb3.jpg[/url]
Faye Banner:
[url]http://otaku.250free.com/cfb4.jpg[/url]
Ed Banner:
[url]http://otaku.250free.com/cfb5.jpg[/url]

What I'm thinking, is...whatever character you say is your favorite, you take their banner. I'm taking Ed's and if anyone's favorite character is Viscious, I'll make a Viscious banner.
[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]I suppose I'll sign up, couldn't hurt.

Solid Snake
Vicious
Mushroom Samba
Tank!

Also, is this something that we must put in our ever-so-short signatures?[/color]

:blah:

No, you don't have to put anything in your signature, but I would like the members to at least write "Official CB Fan Club member" in their sig.
Thanks allot for the banners Areis, I think I'll take the first one.

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]If you implied that I ment...no, not the banners. I'm sorry, but I'm perfectly happy with my current one. Don't get me wrong, your banners are nice, but considering I just finished this one a few hours ago, I'm going to have to stick with it. I ment do we have to say something like "Proud member of the Official Cowboy Bebop Fan-club" or something like that in the bottom of our signatures?

EDIT: Ok, at the bottom of our sigs, but would you like that in a cirtain color?[/color]

[color=royalblue]
I didn't get that impression, I knew you just got that one, and I am actually quite impessed with it...these took me about 3 minutes each (at the most), and I really like yours heh. But yes, he would like us to put something like that in our sigs ;)
[/color]

Guest BurningOutlaw
[FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]Well, seeing as this is one of the first things that I saw....
1. BurningOutlaw
2. Spike (who else)
3. Session#22 Cowboy Funk
4. Tank!

Well that should do it!

-Outlaw :devil:[/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BurningOutlaw [/i]
[B][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkblue]Well, seeing as this is one of the first things that I saw....
1. BurningOutlaw
2. Spike (who else)
3. Session#22 Cowboy Funk
4. Tank!

Well that should do it!

-Outlaw :devil:[/COLOR][/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Yes, indeed. Now all you must do is put "Official CB Fan Club Member in your signature. Personally, I recommend going with a bold or a specific color for these words to tell it apart. What do you think, Zayle?[/color]

Well, this is unforunatley my last post, you see, I am moving, and well........no internet for 2 or 3 months . It's a long story, well, I am making Areis the new president. Well, enjoy the club.
edit- Yes that is a good Solid Snake, Well enjoy the thread

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zayle [/i]
[B]Well, this is unforunatley my last post, you see, I am moving, and well........no internet for 2 or 3 months . It's a long story, well, I am making Areis the new president. Well, enjoy the club. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Okay, see you at the beginning of the school year. As for my question, I'll just direct it towards Areis now. Areis, should we make the words "Official CB Fan Club Member" significant in any way through color, bold, or italic? If so, how?[/color]

Guest ProudClod
I would like to join....Ive decide to put in a few specifics about my details.

Name: ProudClod (my name derives from the boss in FFVII)
Fave CB character: Ed (because she can hack)
Fave CB session: Session 01 (a really cool ending)
Fave CB song: Definately Tank!! (its catchy)

I have a few questions of my own.....do we get updates of new stuff? and what will we actually do in this fan club?

Cool, many thanks to Zayle for bringing this idea, and congrats to Aries on her temporary moderating position for the fan club :) .

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProudClod [/i]
[B]I have a few questions of my own.....do we get updates of new stuff? and what will we actually do in this fan club?[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I'll try to help you out the best that I can, but no promises, I just joined too, heh.

I don't quite understand what you mean about updates of new stuff. If you mean word of a new motion picture or another season of Cowboy Bebop, well, everyone will know it anyway. However, this IS the bebop forum, so you can be sure to get the information. We don't have anyone in the club, that I know of, who can easily get that information, we're just people who want to promote the anime, Cowboy Bebop.

Which leads me to answer your next question. As we are simply fans of the series, nothing special will likely occur in the club. To join is just to be a part of it, and to know that you are in a group individuals who have something in common.

Hope this helps![/color]

[color=indigo] Unfortunately there is not a lot of news or updates that can be posted about Cowboy Bebop. Since the series is over the only news is the pending release of "Knockin on Heaven's Door" in the US (which may be called Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, seeing how this is how the subbed movie was/will be titled when it was/is premiered in the US...I am not sure if the movie has played yet, I know they were showing it sometime early this summer).

The only othe news is the rumors that are spreading about the possibility of two new movies.[/color]

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo] Unfortunately there is not a lot of news or updates that can be posted about Cowboy Bebop. Since the series is over the only news is the pending release of "Knockin on Heaven's Door" in the US (which may be called Cowboy Bebop: The Movie, seeing how this is how the subbed movie was/will be titled when it was/is premiered in the US...I am not sure if the movie has played yet, I know they were showing it sometime early this summer).

The only othe news is the rumors that are spreading about the possibility of two new movies.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]Ah, yes, a dubbed version of 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door' is on their to-do list, and I cannot wait to get it on DVD when released. And with the possibility of two new movies, well, they have their work cut out for them. I did find the series a little short; great, but short. Movies may be just the thing to cheer me and everyone else up. Thank you for this great news, Heaven's Cloud.[/color]

Guest ProudClod
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]I'll try to help you out the best that I can, but no promises, I just joined too, heh.

I don't quite understand what you mean about updates of new stuff. If you mean word of a new motion picture or another season of Cowboy Bebop, well, everyone will know it anyway. However, this IS the bebop forum, so you can be sure to get the information. We don't have anyone in the club, that I know of, who can easily get that information, we're just people who want to promote the anime, Coboy Bebop.

Which leads me to answer your next question. As we are simply fans of the series, nothing special will likely occur in the club. To join is just to be a part of it, and to know that you are in a group individuals who have something in common.

Hope this helps![/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

You got my question 50:50, I was trying to say that willl we get any benefit out of it? Do we get to do exclusive stuff? Or is just there to look good in our sig...lol! But, Its okay, Ive pretty much answered that myself by now, so save your posting skills for another time.

But really, regardless of that, i will live a member, and die a member.....yep, Im here for good.

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ProudClod [/i]
[B]You got my question 50:50, I was trying to say that willl we get any benefit out of it? Do we get to do exclusive stuff? Or is just there to look good in our sig...lol! But, Its okay, Ive pretty much answered that myself by now, so save your posting skills for another time.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]No, I don't mind; as long as I am helping out someone in need.

Unforunately, we do not get excusive stuff, which some may look at as a downer. However, a clan is a clan, and if you expect to get free stuff out of it, you clearly are not looking for a clan. The real importance is, yes, so it looks good in our sig, but more so for friendship and togetherness, which is exactly what a clan is ment to insituate.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[color=teal]No, I don't mind; as long as I am helping out someone in need.

Unforunately, we do not get excusive stuff, which some may look at as a downer. However, a clan is a clan, and if you expect to get free stuff out of it, you clearly are not looking for a clan. The real importance is, yes, so it looks good in our sig, but more so for friendship and togetherness, which is exactly what a clan is ment to insituate.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow.....that's really....deep. Lol. Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the point of fanclubs are. If you have one at a person's house or school or something, I can see that. You would get together, and talk about whatever it is you're a fan of. But fan clubs here, I don't really get. I mean, everyone pretty much belongs to the CB club that posts in the CB forum. So, like you said, truly, the only point is to look good in the sig. ^^ lol. :p

Awesome! A Cowboy Bebop Fan Club. Sounds like fun!
Name: Luminaire
Fav Character: Ein (the dog that Spike chases through session #2)
Fav Session: Session #5 Ballad of Fallen Angels
Fav CB Song: Green Bird
This is so cool, I love clubs!!

~Luminaire~ :p

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]

Wow.....that's really....deep. Lol.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I know, heh, I guess a bit of feelings came out, something that you don't see often in 'ol Solid Snake. ;)

Anyway, not getting together, though on the net, is not necesarily true. If you all have AIM, we could always put together a chat room. That, or we could PM. But yeah, it is mostly something that just looks good in your signature.[/color]

[color=royalblue]
Well...becoming the president certainly was a shocker....but it seems like SS has handled it very well in my absence. 'Tis your choice Solid Snake, whether you should like to be the president :) I've never been a good leader anyway, hehe. Thank you for all the help you have given, and I would like to do...something...maybe I will set something up. But, as I said, I would like it if you should take my position, Solid. It is your choice ;)

*edit*
Oh yeah, here's your Ein banner Luminaire:
[url]http://otaku.250free.com/cfb7.jpg[/url]
[/color]