OtakuBoards

Guys and Fashion

Adam

Are there any guys here who spend their money on clothes above games and DVDs? I have to admit that I'm a huge fan of fashion and, as of currently, am spending much more money on clothes than anime :o .

Thankfully I haven't run into any problems with this. My girl friends (not girlfriends, I don't have a girlfriend now) are just like, 'woah, you go shopping???' and my guy friends don't really pay attention to clothes. It's all good.

Thanks,

-Adam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I buy clothes when I want to, but most of my money is spent on other stuff. Plus my parents give me an allowance of money just for clothes about twice a year, so between that and my own money I have all that I need. I do like to buy stuff that I like but as in to being into fashion as a main thing, no.

I do not think anything is wrong with a guy being into fashion. I always make sure that I match...lol.

Guest cloricus
Yeah my mum gives me money to buy all my clothes and I'm fine with that. It gives me more money to spend.
Unless there?s some thing I want to get, I'll buy it.

But as my sister will say if she posts here I have no "fashion sense."

[color=indigo]I really don't worry too much about clothes at all. I mean, I must only wear about three or four pairs of pants and whatever t-shirts I can find interchangably. The only time I actually "dress up" (and I'm not talking suit and tie) is when I go to a concert, like yesterday at the Warped Tour (so hot, but so fun). I think when it comes to clothes, I'd spend most of my money on accessories then I would on actual clothes. Most of my money goes to CDs and movies though.[/color]

no i spend all my money on my mountain bike. it cost so much ive been wearing the same pants for the last few weeks none stop.
i also dont care much about fashion because no matter what you buy, if your not thin and "good looking" people still woulnt think anything of what your wearing. you could have the best suit possible and be but ugly and no one would notice your pimpin suit. but, say your 6 foot, 6 pack, blue eyes, blonde hair, wearing anything except nice clothes and you would still get compliments.

I usually buy clothes whenever I'm invited to go to the mall with someone. That always seems like the best time to do it.

However, the majority of my money goes into food, lol. Second to that, I spend a lot on my car and truck.

-Justin

[color=royalblue]
I don't get an allowance, and when I got evicted, we moved to a place with no stores anywhere...but, when I do get money for doing things, I usually save it (and never get anymore to add to it), and spend it on something I want. Clothes...I usually ask for clothes for my birthday and Christmas, and my family takes me shopping around the beginning of the school-year, but I don't really pay attention to fashion much, I just buy what I like.
[/color]

[COLOR=darkblue]i'm a girl, but i have a comment.

my brother jon is [i]the[/i] most narcissistic guy i have ever met. he spends so much money on clothes, it's ridiculous. clothes, jewelry, car accessories, you name it. it's gotten so bad that (& this is the god-honest truth) he refuses to wear a shirt or whatever around someone more than three times. if you see him in a shirt three times, he won't wear it around you anymore. he says he doesn't want anyone to think he doesn't have a lot of clothes. plus, he lifts weights neurotically & goes to the tanning bed. he does all this so he can pick up women (& it works really, really well, too).

i think he & i switched places b/c i'm a huge tomboy & don't get too concerned about clothes & can't stand shopping (right now i'm wearing a ripped-up misfits t-shirt) & he loves to shop & get dressed up & all. it must be nice to have that kind of cash! but i still think it's hilarious. i make fun of him all the time for it. :laugh:[/COLOR]

[color=indigo] I have periods when I spend my moneyon nothing but clothes and bills. Since I have worked in clothing stores for so long, I have more clothes then I know what to do with. I am incredibly picky, but I do tend to buy clothes that are a little "eccentric", for example, my super cool, blue tye-dyed linen shirt....it is awesome.[/color]

[color=royalblue]I spend a lot of money on fashion...I think mainly because my parents always bought me good clothes as a child.

And now with three other siblings, they don't tend to get that kind of treatment...but now that I'm old enough, I'm kind of used to buying good clothing.

I have three main expenses: clothing, video games and music. ^_^

They are the things which I spend the most money on. lol[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]i'm a girl, but i have a comment.

my brother jon is [i]the[/i] most narcissistic guy i have ever met. he spends so much money on clothes, it's ridiculous. clothes, jewelry, car accessories, you name it. it's gotten so bad that (& this is the god-honest truth) he refuses to wear a shirt or whatever around someone more than three times. if you see him in a shirt three times, he won't wear it around you anymore. he says he doesn't want anyone to think he doesn't have a lot of clothes. plus, he lifts weights neurotically & goes to the tanning bed. he does all this so he can pick up women (& it works really, really well, too).
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

So it works...eh....

:: jots that down in notebook ::

I know this kid at school who will only wear clothes once. No lie, he will wear it once and then never wear it again. I dont know how he does it but he does. Hes not the type that has alot of money either... I could care less though about how often I wear my clothes. I have had one of my Gundam T's for more then a year and I wear it like once every week...lol

Gah!!!... Some of you guys are worse than most chicks....:rolleyes: ... My brother is quite conscious of his appearance and style.... He always likes to look good,(spends ages styling his hair - gosh, sometimes I leave mine styled by my pillow)
Anyways every once in a while he would spend quite a bit on clothes. However, he has to take either my sis or I with him for advice and opinions. And he knows I'm always brutally honest.
Contrary to what most people say, shopping for clothes for a guy is not easy, especially for someone who is very particular.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) I'm not really that much into fashion however most of my cloths happens to be designer stuff, mainly for the fact everyone always buys me stuff like that for christmas, when I do go shopping for myself and its for cloths, it mainly comes from the gap! ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phantom [/i]
[B]Alright, after seeing all the replies i must comment... Damn some people really need to learn money management... half the things you guys buy can be stolen freely on the internet lol... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]oh [i]no,[/i] & james has already made a comment in this thread, too! well, maybe he won't say anything.[/COLOR]

lol my brother takes me shopping with him and i tell him what i like and don't like on him he dosen't pick anything he just sits there and trys on what i tell him to my mom was watching me one time lol she said i was like scurring back and forth with all these clothes to him and he was fallin asleep lol but i must do a good job because he gets alot of girls lol!
~GG~

A lot of my money goes to cloths but not all of it.
Also, I don't buy designer cloths.
I buy what I like.
If something had a Ralph Lauren tag or a Tommy Hillfigure label I wouldn't buy it unless I liked it.
People at my school buy some of the ugliest cloths I've ever seen, and when I ask them why they bought it they say 'It's a name brand."
I myself would rather go get somethign that looks exectly like it at a WalMart than go to a fashion store and buy a $79.99 tee-shirt.
Am I alone here?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Phantom [/i]
[B]Alright, after seeing all the replies i must comment... Damn some people really need to learn money management... half the things you guys buy can be stolen freely on the internet lol... [/B][/QUOTE]

You tell them my brother! lol Yeah, i dont but cd's anymore, at all, since if got KaZaA and a cd burner, what mroe do you need, I'm starting to stop buying DVD's now because I have Broad Band i can downlaod Movies real fast and i have a thing that lets me covert it, so i can watch it on my DVD player :D *kisses KaZaA* Also, i just baught a hat online, its an LA Dodgers one and it has my name embroidered across teh abck, it's o cool, and 'cause i live in UK i thot it would take forever to get over, but its coming on Monday :D. Phhhhhht who need's NY hats when you have an LA one :p

I like to make a statement at school, I wear plain colored shirts and jeans or shorts to school for an entire week. Then I wear my vast array of overshirts. On weekends, I wear blue tanktops, or wear one of dad's 20 different Crest toothpaste shirts. (I'm wearing one right now!) I now wear shirts with true to life messages on them like: I'm busy! You're an idiot! Have a nice day!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I have three main expenses: clothing, video games and music. ^_^

They are the things which I spend the most money on. lol[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That...strangly...applies fully to me...O-o;;;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinobi [/i]
[B]You tell them my brother! lol Yeah, i dont but cd's anymore, at all, since if got KaZaA and a cd burner, what mroe do you need[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Burned CD's I find useless. I mean, even when you burn a CD of a band you wanted, it still would leave me longing for the real thing. I can't even burn CD's on this computer, so I have my friends do it for me. The only burned CD's I have are full of songs that aren't released on CD's. Other than that I just get the real thing. That way you get what you want and you also help keep that band in business.[/color]