OtakuBoards

Guys and Fashion

Adam

most o the guys I know spend wa~y too much money on skateboarding stuff.... but that includes shoes, shirt, etc.. I really don't know too many guys that like going to the mall and shopping for clothes O.o'

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][font=century gothic]

Yes, most of my money goes into clothes which are all Abercrombie since I am one if not the biggest Prep in my school. Other than that my money goes into fish. I have a lot of aquariums and my favorite hobby is raising and breeding fish. Other than those two things music and that is about it.[/size][/font]

Guest Zero
I rarely go out(on the count of I don't have a life) so I don't have a lot of t-shirt and jean. Suit is a different thing I have about 20 to 30. And I wear the stuff Kenshin wear most of the time. And almost everything is black.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Burned CD's I find useless. I mean, even when you burn a CD of a band you wanted, it still would leave me longing for the real thing. I can't even burn CD's on this computer, so I have my friends do it for me. The only burned CD's I have are full of songs that aren't released on CD's. Other than that I just get the real thing. That way you get what you want and you also help keep that band in business.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, most of the cd's i burn are a compulation, I've actualy only burned albums for my friends, i just listen to all teh songs on my computer, so thats why i don't realy burn albums, i only buirn compulations, and such. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]
plus, he lifts weights neurotically & goes to the tanning bed. he does all this so he can pick up women (& it works really, really well, too).

[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]That and your brothers are really hot.

I know guys my age that dress better than I do. It's scary.[/color]

[COLOR=blue][SIZE=1]Fasion...I really dont care about what I wear, I basically go to Wal-Mart, Target, Value City, ECT. when I need cloths and pic up stuff. Every once in a while I will pick up a cheap Nike, Fubu, or Old Navy shirt but thats it. I dont care about fasion neither do my friends as long as the shirt fits and looks fine we will basically wear it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Fasion...I really dont care about what I wear, I basically go to Wal-Mart, Target, Value City, ECT. when I need cloths and pic up stuff. Every once in a while I will pick up a cheap Nike, Fubu, or Old Navy shirt but thats it. I dont care about fasion neither do my friends as long as the shirt fits and looks fine we will basically wear it.[/QUOTE]

I second that! I just get whatever fits me! ^^ But I'm fine with people who like fashion, just as long as though they don't judge by clothes.

[color=indigo]Fashion? What's that? Lol, my parents buy me clothes about two, three times a year (when I grow out of stuff, or I need new summer/winter clothes). I don't really care about fashion or brand names, I just get what I like.

In the summer I wear light blue jean shorts and a t-shirt (preferably with a pocket), sometimes with my Hawaiian shirt over it, unbuttoned (it's blue with palm trees). In the winter I wear black jeans and a t-shirt (again, I like pockets), with either a sweatshirt or my flannel shirt over it. If I'm going outside, I wear my leather jacket over it (that my grandpa found for $5 at a yardsale), and if it's raining I'd like to wear my trench coat (that was handed down to me from my brother), but my mom won't let me wear it... Which sucks, because it would keep me a lot dryer than my leather jacket does...

Oh yes, and I usually wear a hat if I'm going out. For the summer I have a light, cotton one, and in the winter I have a heavier wool felt one that helps keep my head dry. For shoes, I like boots for both summer and winter. Right now I have a good pair of steel-toed boots that I really like.

Once I start buying my own clothes, there won't really be any difference. Right now I spend pretty much all of my money on video games, though.[/color]

wow, i should really move... in hawaii, where i live, in nanakuli, my old high school, boys dress in t-shirts and surf shorts, or jeans and t-shirts, and sometimes they forget and wear the same t-shirt twice in one week... the boys who actually do dress nice to go to school usually deal drugs or are chronic-class-cutters. most girls dress nice although some over do it and are hoochies. those out of school dress well for work and some social events but most guys dress in t-shirts and surf shorts... but then again i do live on an island and the only place you can't see a beach is in wahiawa... :rolleyes: to hear that most guys actually care about their appearance makes me think i should go to a mainland school...

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Hmm. . I am somewhat wierd when it comes to fashion. . I will get in my spending moods once in a while, and will go out and get some pretty nice clothing with it. But at the same time 'momma didn't raise no fool' I definitely know how to find good deals on clothing. I don't get crappy clothing, yet at the same time, I probably get slightly outdated clothing in the 'fashion realm' *gasp* LOL

All in all though, I usually just waste (did I say waste. . I meant. . invest, yeah, that sounds better) my money on video games, computer gear, clothing(which I wear till it's dead . . litterally. . I mean, falling apart and all), and lots and lots of junk food/fast food/store bought food/etc food. I like food ^_^ *thanks good matabolism* Guess that's it for now. . yeah~ [/COLOR][/SIZE]

I just wear whatever and when I do buy clothes (not very often) They are usually shirts of my favourite bands. The last think I bought was in April, at the Tool Concert and there I bought one of their T-Shirts, I let my mum buy all my clothes. I only wear clothes as an expression of my taste, well I try to.

Guest cloricus
You are not a goth Harlequin, you try but you fail. The same with you Raven. No one are true goths any more, how sad.

I have no intrest in clothes, I wear what there is.

At the moment some crazy guy that I p*ss** off is hacking my computer.

Guest Dragon Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Most of my money goes to CDs and movies though.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
That goes for me aswell. Whenever I have money I spend it on anime, music, games ,or my skateboard. I occasionally buy a shirt when I am going to get other stuff. I love my "look he likes you" shirt. If you could see it you would understand. :p I got that one at spencers. SO overall, unless the shirts are comedical or have a band/show I like. I don't really care.

Well I would have to say that I have NO fashion sence. I rely on my sister to tell me if I look ok before school. And then my mom and sister (mainly my mom) to get me close that look good. Most of what I wear is Jeans (duh). I wore jeans every (well, maybe one or 2 times I wore something else) day of school, even the hottest days. Most of the time I either had some kind of a T-Shirt or a Button up shirt. And every single day of school I had a pair of shorts on under my jeans. I don't know why but UI just like to have shorts on. I think that the jean erritated me one time and i made a subconsions note to wear short to keep that from happening again, LOL.

As far as I spend on cloths. I never buy them. If I need cloths then I tell my mom and she will buy me some. I spend ALL my money on Video games. And when I get money is very rare. I have no way to make money other than popbottles. 10 cents a bottle. Good thing my family is addicted to pop, mainly my dad. He drinks a lot of pop.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kizu [/i]
[B]Good thing my family is addicted to pop, mainly my dad. He drinks a lot of pop. [/B][/QUOTE]

Pop is bad for you. Yes, you can occasionally drink it, but not everyday. Addicted, eh? The diabetes are coming for your dad. :D

[color=indigo]I have a pretty funny story that only has a little to do with fashion, but I didn't want to start a thread about it.

As many of you know, I am a assistant manager at Structure and I also used to work at Abercrombie. I am the only straight manager and one of the four (out of 16) straight employees, which doesn't bother me because all the people I work with are really cool (this is just a little background info that will be useful if you actually read my post).

Anywho...(gosh that is catchy, I am going to have to start ignoring Anna and Queen Asuka's posts, I keep on wanting to use anywho...darn trend setters)...I was working today, when this scrawny 18 or 19 year old guy comes in. I approach him and try to do my job and sell him some clothes, here is the conversation that occured.

Me: Welcome to Structure, what brings you to the store today?

Kid: Nothing.

Me: Well, just to let youy know we got a bunch of new stuff in for fall...

Kid: I don't shop here, I'm not gay.

Me: Excuse me?

Kid: I am not a "bleepity bleep" (the words he used are a little harsh, so I censored them)

Me: What does being gay have to do with wearing clothes from Structure...I am not gay, but I don't appreciate your language. If you don't want to shop here feel free to to leave.

Kid: I ain't goin nowhere! I want to talk to a manager!

Me: I am the manager on duty right now, and you should be thankful of that, because the other two would have probably sent you to the hospital. By the way what is your problem with homosexuals? Are you afraid to admit to yourself that you find men attractive... why do you have to bury your true feelings behind hatred? Why don't you just come out of the closet?

(By this point, the kid was furious, and he probably would have taken a swing at me if I wasn't three inches taller and forty pounds heavier then he was).

Kid: "Bleep" you man! I work at Abercrombie, I am gonna go over there and get my friends and we are gonna kick your "bleepin bleep" when you get off of work.

Me: (as kid walks out) Okay, have a nice day, I get off at six, I'll see you in two hours.

So, at six o'clock, I walk out of the mall, and guess who is waiting, my favorite customer, and about six of his friends from Abercrombie, along with three girls (also from Abercrombie). Unknown to him, four of the guys were my really good friends (from when I worked at Abercrombie) and I dated one of the girls for a while.

Kid: Lets see you talk "bleep" now!

Dan: Dude, thats Charlie...why do you want to fight Charlie?

Kirb: Josh (kid's name), you are going to get your "bleep" kicked...you better apologize.

Me: You guys know this "bleep"?

Kirb: Yeah, he said some big guy was messing with him, and told him that he was going to beat the "bleep" out of him. Josh, Charlie isn't big.

Jill:(ex-girlfriend)Josh, you are such a dingus (yes, she said dingus), I can't believe you were going to fight Charlie. What happened anyway, Charlie, why would you pick on Josh?

I tell them the same story I tell you.

Dan: Josh, you "bleep"...do you have a problem with gay people (Dan is Gay)you "bleep"!

Kid: No, man that isn't what...

Josh didn't get to finish, because Dan caught him with a nice hook to the jaw (Dan is huge, 6'3, 215...all muscle) and then was on top of him. We pulled Dan off of the kid, but as we pulled him off he said the funniest thing I have ever heard...

Dan: You are one lucky "bleep"! Lucky that you fell butt down you discriminating little "bleep"!

Anywho...(did it again) I thought it was a funny little story, maybe the funniest thing that has happened to me in a long time...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I have a pretty funny story that only has a little to do with fashion, but I didn't want to start a thread about it.

As many of you know, I am a assistant manager at Structure and I also used to work at Abercrombie. I am the only straight manager and one of the four (out of 16) straight employees, which doesn't bother me because all the people I work with are really cool (this is just a little background info that will be useful if you actually read my post).

Anywho...(gosh that is catchy, I am going to have to start ignoring Anna and Queen Asuka's posts, I keep on wanting to use anywho...darn trend setters)...I was working today, when this scrawny 18 or 19 year old guy comes in. I approach him and try to do my job and sell him some clothes, here is the conversation that occured.

Me: Welcome to Structure, what brings you to the store today?

Kid: Nothing.

Me: Well, just to let youy know we got a bunch of new stuff in for fall...

Kid: I don't shop here, I'm not gay.

Me: Excuse me?

Kid: I am not a "bleepity bleep" (the words he used are a little harsh, so I censored them)

Me: What does being gay have to do with wearing clothes from Structure...I am not gay, but I don't appreciate your language. If you don't want to shop here feel free to to leave.

Kid: I ain't goin nowhere! I want to talk to a manager!

Me: I am the manager on duty right now, and you should be thankful of that, because the other two would have probably sent you to the hospital. By the way what is your problem with homosexuals? Are you afraid to admit to yourself that you find men attractive... why do you have to bury your true feelings behind hatred? Why don't you just come out of the closet?

(By this point, the kid was furious, and he probably would have taken a swing at me if I wasn't three inches taller and forty pounds heavier then he was).

Kid: "Bleep" you man! I work at Abercrombie, I am gonna go over there and get my friends and we are gonna kick your "bleepin bleep" when you get off of work.

Me: (as kid walks out) Okay, have a nice day, I get off at six, I'll see you in two hours.

So, at six o'clock, I walk out of the mall, and guess who is waiting, my favorite customer, and about six of his friends from Abercrombie, along with three girls (also from Abercrombie). Unknown to him, four of the guys were my really good friends (from when I worked at Abercrombie) and I dated one of the girls for a while.

Kid: Lets see you talk "bleep" now!

Dan: Dude, thats Charlie...why do you want to fight Charlie?

Kirb: Josh (kid's name), you are going to get your "bleep" kicked...you better apologize.

Me: You guys know this "bleep"?

Kirb: Yeah, he said some big guy was messing with him, and told him that he was going to beat the "bleep" out of him. Josh, Charlie isn't big.

Jill:(ex-girlfriend)Josh, you are such a dingus (yes, she said dingus), I can't believe you were going to fight Charlie. What happened anyway, Charlie, why would you pick on Josh?

I tell them the same story I tell you.

Dan: Josh, you "bleep"...do you have a problem with gay people (Dan is Gay)you "bleep"!

Kid: No, man that isn't what...

Josh didn't get to finish, because Dan caught him with a nice hook to the jaw (Dan is huge, 6'3, 215...all muscle) and then was on top of him. We pulled Dan off of the kid, but as we pulled him off he said the funniest thing I have ever heard...

Dan: You are one lucky "bleep"! Lucky that you fell butt down you discriminating little "bleep"!

Anywho...(did it again) I thought it was a funny little story, maybe the funniest thing that has happened to me in a long time...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's disturbing. It's amazing how rude kids are in public. I'm sure you wouldn't see him walk into the store and be openly discriminatory against someone of another color. How obnoxious. What are parents teaching their children? -_-

As for my fashion sense, I would like to dress in a flamboyant manner. Unfortunately, I don't have the money to do so.

HC, That's absolutely halarious. :laugh:
He got what he deserved. Wouldn't be surprised if the kid quit his job and never returned to those stores.

Unfortunately, discrimination and ignorance will always exist.