OtakuBoards

Cowboy Bebop: Glass Roses

Mist

OOC: Alrighty, here it is!
---------------------------------
"Where have you been, Faye?" the man asked quietly. He smothered his cigarette, cutting all the light out of the room. He ruffled his dark mahogany hair and smiled.
Faye flipped the light switch and threw some bullets on the man's lap. She then reached into her shoes and pulled out to I.D. tags. She threw them on top of the bullets. The man looked up at her in suprise.
"You couldn't have gotten them both." he whispered unbelievingly.
Her eyes were ruthless.
"Try me. I want the woolongs. I want 'em now. So if you would be so kind as to hand them over, I'll be on my way." She replied dismissly.
"I believe," he said with a hint of malice, "that we said 1,500 woolongs for each?"
" WHAT? I just don't think so! It was 3,000!"
The man toggled with his glasses teasingly.
"I'm sorry, Ms. Valentine, but we just don't have the money."
Faye pulled out a 9mm and smiled factiously.
" Oh, but I think you do," she said, sitting down in a nearby chair, "so, if I don't get that money, I go broke. If I go broke, I'll do anything to get that money. Tell me, Johnathan, if I killed two men today, do you really think I would hesitate to kill a third?"
The man gulped as sweat collected on his brow. He reached under the table and stealthly pulled out two black leather suitcases.
"It's all there," he replied hoarsly, " All 6,000 woolongs."
Faye smiled again as she picked up the two suit cases. She kissed him lightly on the cheek.
"Nice doing buisness with ya'!" She exclaimed as she walked out of the door.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jubei walked down the dark ally looking for his bounty.Jubei kept his hands at his sides as he walked.Jubei shot a glance at a dark figure walking away from him fast as if he were running.Jubei shot a bullet in front of the figure and as he did he kept up with the man.

Jubei: Hello.

Jubei pistol whips the man across the head knocking him to the ground.

Jubei: Piece of cake.

Jubei drags the man to his client.

Jubei: Here.Where's my money.

Man: Here.5'000 woolongs.

Jubei: 10'000.

Man: I believe we made a deal of 5'000.

Jubei: NO WAY!!!You bastard!!We said 10'000 woolongs!!

Jubei pulls out his Desert Eagle and points directly at the man's forehead.

Jubei: 10'000...

Man: Fine.Take your stinkin money.

Jubei's Client throws him a large wad of cash.Jubei takes it and puts a bullet next to the man's head.

Jubei: Don't ever try to double cross me again.

Anima: .....and thas...*hic*...how it happened....

*anima grinned drunkenly at the man next to her, he smiled back*

Man: that's fascinating, shal we go to my car?

*she may have been drunk but she could see where this was leading. genuinely not in the mood she wobbled to her feet and gave the man a wave*

Anima: thash nice of *hic* you but I...need to get going...

*she turned to leave when a hand tightly grabed her wrist*

man: you're not going anywhere....

*anima turned and gave him a dirty look, she then placed her hand atop his and pried him off*

Anima: lishen young man *hic* I could be your ganny, sho back *hic* off!

*the man a little dumbfounded by her statement backed off as she slowly made her way to the bar door, as she pushed open the door a shot rang out as Anima lurched forward, she had been shot but it didn't phase her, she would heal in a matter of minutes to hours. She ran a finger over the bullet hole*

Anima: thish is all I need.....*hic*

Faye, who had been in the same bar, on the job, rushed over to Anima.
"Long time, no see," She said, carrying the other woman out of the bar, "You're drunk."
Anima grinned childishly.
"Am shnot!" she replied, her words slurred.
"Bullet hurt any?" Faye asked, a hint of a smile on her face.
Anima became mock serious.
"Yous know that bullets don'ts phazes me." she replied, her speech becoming more understandable.
Faye shrugged.
"Just askin'. You can crash at my place tonight." she said, throwing Anima into her Redtail.
"Thanksh." Anima said, falling to sleep, her body slung over the controls.
"Great." Faye muttered, hitting the coordinates for auto-pilot.

*anima seemed more peacefull when she fell asleep, faye just glanced at her out of the corner of her eye*

faye: you know you're something else....

*Faye sped off to her place and landed the red tail, she shook Anima awake, she wasn't in such a joyous mood anymore*

Anima: what....?

Faye: come on we're here...

*anima pulled herself out of the redtail and stood, she pressed her palm to her forhead and winced*

Anima: this is going to be one hell of a hangover...

Jubei goes up to his hotel room and goes to sleep for about an hour.

Jubei: What will I do now?

Jubei lites a cigarette and walks over to the window and stares up at the sky for awhile until he sees a ship fly off from the streets.

Jubei: Hmmmmm...

Faye flipped the light switch, keys in her mouth and Anima hanging on her shoulder.
"Youshould lay down on the couch," Faye said, "You'll be comfortable. I'll get you a pillow and a blanket, then I'm going to bed."
Anima nodded.
"And don't bother me!" Faye added, going into her tiny hallway closet, pulling out a blanket and a pillow and throwing it onto the couch.
"Kitchen's to your left, bathroom, your right. If anyone busts through that door and asks for me, there a gun under the cushion; shoot them and make my job much easier." Faye added, winking and going back down the hall.
[i]Man,[/i]Anima thought,[i] it's been a year and I [b]still[/b] haven't gotten over the fact that she's an assassain...[/i]
Anima jst shrugged and fell onto the couch, fast asleep; not even using the pillow or blanket at her side.

OOC: Random Fact of the Day: Safer and I now have the same post count...how odd...

Jubei: Let's see where my next bounty is.

Jubei turns on the tv to a bounty channel.

Woman: This week's bounty is an assasin.Name is believed to be Faye Valentine.The reward is 500'000 woolongs!

Jubei: Sounds Good.

Jubei runs out of his room goes to the desk and checks out then he jumps in his ship and flys off.

*Anima woke up the next morning with a huge hangover, she groaned as Faye walked in with two cups of coffee a grin on her face*

Faye: about time you woke up, you seemed to be enjoying yourself last night...

Anima: would have been if I could remember it, where are we?

Faye: my apartment, don't you remember anything?

Anima: hardly......I rarely drink like that....

Faye: then wh-

Anima: just forget about it....so, have you been keeping in touch with the bebop?

[color=red][size=1]Faye shrugged.
"Not really." she replied simply, sipping her coffee," I have a friend coming over. Her name is Midora and she's okay."
Anima's eyeborws shot up in suprise.
"You have a friend?" she asked teasingly.
"Shut up, Anima." she said, gulping the rest of her coffee down.
Anima just smiled.
"She'll be here soon, but I've gotta go out. She'll give three raps; the silence gap between the first and secong one is five seconds, second and third, two. I'll be back." Faye stated, grabbing her coat, slingling it over her shoulder and walking out of the door.[/color][/size]

[color=darkblue]
Off in an alley, watching a building closely was a man covered in shadow. Spike. He watched as a dated sedan pulled up to the building, and a man walked in, surrounded by three bodyguards.

Spike: Seto...

Spike walked along the alley, approaching the building. All of a sudden, five more cars pulled up, and men stepped out, guns in hand.

Spike: Damn...too late.

Spike ran off, and jumped in the Swordfish.
[/color]

One hour later....

Knock!.....Knock!..Knock! "Hello? Is anyone in here?" a petit dark-haired girl peeked into the doorway only to be met with a .45 calibar. The girl eyed the lady, "Hey! Don't shoot! I'm a friend....of Faye's, I mean.

"Oh." Anima spoke, putting down her gun. "You must be Midora. Faye said you'd be coming by." she extended her hand. "I'm-"

"I know who you are." Midora retorted. "I take interest in who my friends deal with."

"Oh. Well are you staying around?"

"Pretty much. I have something to tell Faye. A little tracking I've been doing. I'll just chill here until she comes."

Faye burst through the door, perturbed.
"I saw Spike." she said plainly.
Anima jumped up from the couh.
"How's he doing?" she asked.
Faye sighed and sat down next to Midora.
"He's still after Seto." she replied, running her hands through her hair, frustrated.

Jubei walks up to an apartment he thinks is Faye's.Jubei knocks on the door and pulls his gun up where someone's head would be.

Anima: Who is it?

Jubei: A freind of Faye.

Anima opens the door gun raised.

Midora comes up next to Anima a gun raised.

Jubei: Can't take you both on close range.

Midora: Who are you?

Jubei: Jubei if you must know.

They pull him in and throw him down with guns raised to his head.

[I]James was sitting at his computer, when he heard them announce a bounty on Big Shot.[/I]

[COLOR=darkblue]...Today's bounty is Faye Valentine, for 500,000 woolongs! She is wanted for the death of Setsuna Spiegel which...[/COLOR]

[I]James jaw dropped in surprise. He headed out to the cricket, he had to tell Faye this.[/I]

Jubei sat down as Faye smiled.
"So," she said quietly, "talk."
Jubei shrugged.
"You have a boutny on your head. No hard feelings, I mean you used to be a bounty hunter yourself, didn't you?"
Faye's eyes widened.
"How much?"
"How much what?"
"How much is the bounty, you ditz!?"
"500,000"
Faye shook her head.
"I should be worth more than that..." she muttered to herself as the telephone rang.
She walked over to it and picked up the receiver.
"Hello?" she asked.
"Faye," James said, "it's James. You have a bounty on your head."
"I know. Someone's already tried." she replied, galncing pointedly at Jubei.

[color=red][size=1]Jubei sat down as Faye smiled.
"So," she said quietly, "talk."
Jubei shrugged.
"You have a boutny on your head. No hard feelings, I mean you used to be a bounty hunter yourself, didn't you?"
Faye's eyes widened.
"How much?"
"How much what?"
"How much is the bounty, you ditz!?"
"500,000"
Faye shook her head.
"I should be worth more than that..." she muttered to herself as the telephone rang.
She walked over to it and picked up the receiver.
"Hello?" she asked.
"Faye," James said, "it's James. You have a bounty on your head."
"I know. Someone's already tried." she replied, galncing pointedly at Jubei.[/color][/size]

[i]Anima squirmed on the edge of her seat, desperately wanting to ask faye something, Faye glanced at her dully[/i]

Faye: what.....

Anima: where, exactly did you see spike?

Faye: why?

Anima: just tell me.

[i]Faye leaned back in her chair and thought[/i]

Faye: I saw him about two blocks from here...

[i]Anima stood up hurriedly and waved[/i]

Anima: great gotta go, thanks for letting me stay, have a nice life....

[i]More words strung together as Anima made her way to the door[/i]

[size=1][color=red]Faye shook her head.
"He was after Seto." she whispered after the already gone Anima.
"Hey, that's whos giving me the money when I get you for your bounty." Jubei said, his face lighting up.
"Puh-lease. Look at you position. Here are two women, pointing two guns a your head. I"d like to see you take me." she replied.
Jubei looked around himself and sighed.
"Fair enough." he stated.
Midora giggled.
"I love seeing men helpless against women." she said.[/size][/color]

Jubei: What do we do now.

Midora: We?

Jubei: Yeah.You know what they say: If ya can't beat um.Join them.So i'm gonna join you guys.

Midora: No way!

Jubei: Why not?

Midora: Your a bounty hunter.There's a bounty over her head.That's not good.

Jubei: There are other bountys I can go after.

Faye: He's alright.....for now.

Jubei: Turn on the tv to Big Shot.I want to look for another bounty.

[color=red][size=1]Faye shrugged.
"It's been a couple of years since [i]I've[/i] tuned in. You do it." She replied, walking out of the room.
[i]He seems okay,[/i]Faye thought,toying with her now shoulder-length hair,[i] and if he betrays us, I'll just shoot him.[/i]
Faye smiled; she had been thinking [i]that[/i] thought alot lately.
"Oh well." she said, shrugging and turning into her room.
She opened the door, closed it, and flung herself on the bed.
"Time to sleep; long job tonight."[/color][/size]

[color=darkred]
OOC: Sorry about my absence, I've been busy...but I'm back.
[/color]
[color=darkblue]
Spike was in the Swordfish, heading for the Bebop, after disappointingly failing to get to Seto in time.

Spike: So close...

All of a sudden, a transmition opened up in the Swordfish.

Spike: Who's there...
Anima: Guess.
Spike: Anima? Long time no see...I'm heading into the Bebop.
Anima: Couldn't get Seto?
Spike: ...
Anima: I understand. I'll follow you into the Bebop.
[/color]

Jubei falls asleep and wakes up on a couple of hours later.

Jubei: Should go get a drink.

Jubei starts to get up when he hears a knock at the door.Midora's sleep on the couch and he doesn't want to disturb her so he answers.

Jubei: Who is it?

????: I'm looking for Faye Valentine.She here?

Jubei: Why?

????: Bounty collecting time.

Jubei opens the door and punches the person at the door directly in the face knocking him down.

Jubei: If I can't get that bounty no one will.

Jubei closes and locks the door and goes back to sleep.

[color=red][size=1]Faye walked into the room, hearin the punch from the hallway.

"Who was that?" She asked curiously.

Jubei shrugged.

"Nobody." he replied simply.

Faye shot him a skeptical look.

"Oh well," she said, grabbing her gun from the table, "time to go to work."

"You're an assassain, aren't you?" Jubei asked.

"No," Faye said, her voice dripping with sarcasm, "I'm the boogyman who hides under kid's beds at night."
With a wave of a gun, she walked out of the door, amost tripping over the unconscious body in the doorway.

She smiled as she walked out.

"Guy bounty hunters are stupid." she muttered, her mind set on the end of the hallway.[/color][/size]