Mr. Maul Posted July 23, 2002 Posted July 23, 2002 I think that Artemis Fowl is one of the best books ever written. It is great. The sequel to it is already out in book stores. I need to go buy it. There is also very little info on the movie. :excited: :excited: :excited:
Guest Anakin Solo Posted July 23, 2002 Posted July 23, 2002 Uhhh...explain what its about please. Lol.
Guest Matt Posted July 23, 2002 Posted July 23, 2002 [color=red][b]I have never heard of the book [i]Artemis Fowl[/i]. Yet I think I have heard the name before, a long time ago. What is the book about?[/b][/color]
Darkmoon Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 I have the book. But haven't read it yet. It's about a kid that's a criminal mastermind and is trying to steal the power of time from the faries.
Mist Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 [color=red][size=1] I remember my nine-year-old cousin telling me about it...he said it was great. I don't know about it though, I'm not really into those kind of books. Not to mention the age level for it is 8-12. I'm into more challenging reads...except when it comes to Broken Sky.[/color][/size]
Juu Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 Never read it. My cousin told me I should check it out,...but..... tell me more about what kind of story it is....and maybe I will....
Sara Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 I enjoyed it. It wasn't quite what I was expecting, and not exactly my style, but I'll be reading the sequel.
zidane11 Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 I've never heard of it. Maybe I'll look into it since you make it sound so good.
Tigervx Posted July 25, 2002 Posted July 25, 2002 I read it, its not that bad, its about how a Super Genious Boy that attempts to take Gold from Mystical Creatures.
eleanor Posted July 25, 2002 Posted July 25, 2002 You guys never heard of it? I didn't like it much but I heard of it a lot...
liamc2 Posted July 25, 2002 Posted July 25, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i] [B][color=red][b]I have never heard of the book [i]Artemis Fowl[/i]. Yet I think I have heard the name before, a long time ago. [/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE] That would have been most probably from me. Yes I am a great fan of Artemis Fowl, my brother was given it for his birthday, I read a couple of chapters while waiting for dinner. . And well, he never saw it again until the next morning lol ____ Also recently we bought the second book, as all of us are now avid readers, I read it (before everyone else ) and its great, a must read book. But I've never heard anything about a movie. .
Mr. Maul Posted July 30, 2002 Author Posted July 30, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i] [B][color=red][size=1] I remember my nine-year-old cousin telling me about it...he said it was great. I don't know about it though, I'm not really into those kind of books. Not to mention the age level for it is 8-12. I'm into more challenging reads...except when it comes to Broken Sky.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE] It's not really for 8-12 year olds because the language is kinda strong but not too bad. The book is about a 12 year old child genious who tries to restore his lost family fortune by abducting a fairy and holding it for ransom. The faries have more advanced technology than the humans. They do not know, however, that Artemis has the upper hand. Oh, and all that junk about it being like Harry Potter is false(even though I've never read any of the books).
Genkai Posted July 30, 2002 Posted July 30, 2002 yeah, it's NOTHING AT ALL LIKE HARRY POTTER! it's really awesome, and i guess ill go and buy the second one after i buy about a million anime related things i want...
Stitch Posted July 30, 2002 Posted July 30, 2002 i read it and loved it do you know what the sequel is called???
Mr. Maul Posted July 30, 2002 Author Posted July 30, 2002 It's called the Arctic Incident. Can't wait to get it.:excited:
Kei Posted July 30, 2002 Posted July 30, 2002 [color=blue]I decided to read it after I saw this thread. It was pretty funny. Especially when they sent Mulch into Fowl Manor. I've got the sequel on reserve at the library. Can't wait to read it.[/color]
Mr. Maul Posted July 30, 2002 Author Posted July 30, 2002 I wish my library had the Artemis Fowl books. I think I'll make a suggestion.
Zora Posted August 11, 2002 Posted August 11, 2002 [COLOR=blue]I have read the first Artemis Fowl book and I am almost done the sequel. They are both very good books with creative story lines. I even made a message board devoted to the Artemis Fowl books. If I had to choose either book as one of my favourites I'd pick the first book. I think some parts in sequel go by to fast and are hard to grasp.[/COLOR]
Mr. Maul Posted September 20, 2002 Author Posted September 20, 2002 I can't find the sequel anywhere:flaming:
Wormmon's Tamer Posted September 20, 2002 Posted September 20, 2002 RIP OFF OF HARRY POTTER!!!! *runs away* It's a book I'd read if I had nothing else to do or no Harry Potter books to read. :p
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now