Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I'm glad the board is back, I keep on checking it every single day.

I'm not good of explaining things, if you can explain it better, please do.

Which of those lies do you use the most?

[B]The Ways We Lie:[/B]

[B]The White Lie[/B] - The white lie assumes that the truth will cause more damage than a simple, harmless untruth.

[B]Facades[/B] - Putting on another face to impress other

[B]Ignoring the plain facts[/B]

[B]Deflecting[/B] - deflect the truth

[B]Omission[/B] - Telling most of the truth minus one or two key facts

[B]Stereotypes and cliches[/B] - racism, ageism...etc

[B]Groupthink[/B] -a psychological phenomenon within decision-making groups

[B]Out-and-out lies [/B]- (example -- I asked a boy, " Who broke the fence?" (he did it). He answered,"The murderers."

[B]Dismissal [/B]- dismissing feelings, perceptions, or event he raw facts of a situation

[B]Delusion - lie to ourself[/B]
:D
Posted
[COLOR=green]Omission, Delsuion.

I use delusion all the time. I tell myself "You have time to go to OtakuBoards, you can write that three page essay on the bus to school tommorow..." :rolleyes:

Omission, I save it for special situations ;)[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiV [/i]
[B]
The White Lie - The white assumes that the truth will cause more damage than a simple, harmless untruth.
:D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]When I lie(which is rare) I do that one....[/b][/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Lie? Oh boy, I [i]never lie[/i] :naughty:

I'm not sure.... I try not to lie at the most..:whoops:

But... I never stereotype...[/color] [/size]
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[color=teal]I suppose that I usually use Omission when my parents catch me "teaching" my younger brother.

I also use Out-and-Out lies just to joke around. I do this because my friend does it -- he keeps a straight face and tells a total lie. It's pretty funny.

Example:
"Hey, how many cards do you have?"
"10."
(a different kid)"How many cards you got?"
"12."
"Hey! You said you had 10."
"I said [i]about[/i] 10."

Oh man, you'd had to have been there.[/color]

:blah:
Posted
[color=indigo]I [i]very[/i] rarely, if never, [b]seriously[/b] lie. I hate them with a passion. The only time I lie will be to get me, or another person I know and care for out of trouble. The only hard part is coming up with good reason, explanation, and an alibi. Unless it is something serious, as in a crime, then I won't lie for the person or myself.

On the other hand, I only lie in jokes. Like the ever-so-almost-overused Out-and-out lies. Whenever someone asks me in a light manner who did something, out of reflex I always say "Your mom!". I spite how cliche that phrase is, but it has become habit. It still gets laughs though. I only use stereotypes in jokes and humor, and only around people I know won't be offended by anything I say. I don't believe all stereotypes, though some have proven to be pretty accurate...[/color]
Posted
hmm...for me...I'd prolly have to say facades...if that includes masks...I live in them...they're part of me...very few people have ever seen thereal me...only maybe....3 of my friends have ever seen me really upset...mind you...I don't have much for friends...^_^;;; but the ones I do got are the best anyone could have...but that's off topic...so yeah...for me...facades. Just because of the way I live...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]I suppose that I usually use Omission when my parents catch me "teaching" my younger brother.

I also use Out-and-Out lies just to joke around. I do this because my friend does it -- he keeps a straight face and tells a total lie. It's pretty funny.

Example:
"Hey, how many cards do you have?"
"10."
(a different kid)"How many cards you got?"
"12."
"Hey! You said you had 10."
"I said [i]about[/i] 10."

Oh man, you'd had to have been there.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] :rotflmao: How utterly amusing! I was all over the floor. Your friend reminds me of myself a little.

"Evelyn, where are you going?" (Friend)

"The library." (Me)

-Later, with friend still there-

"Evelyn, where are you going?" (Different Friend)

"E-Z Mart." (Me)

"But you said you were going to the library!" (Friend)

"You must have something in you ear." (Me)[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]LOL!

Which reminds me...

There's a friend of my cousin's that just will not leave me alone in aol instant messanger....

"brb''

''Huh? Where are ya goin?''

''I'm gonna go eat my japanese food"

"oh..ok"

-about 15 min later, I make a post on OB-

''Hey! You said you were going to eat!''

''..."

''Well...''

''Um.. when did I say that?''

'' A few minutes ago!!''

''Are you sure?''

-he's the type of person that closes a window each time-

''...yes.."

"I don't remember saying that. I said I was just going to get something"

"Hmm.... But I was sure..."

"Hmm.. Maybe my keyboard's screwing up"

"I guess so..."
----------

- .- It's like he's stalking my comp or something....

He doesn't even go here....[/color] [/size]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I rarely lie seriously to people I know or an authority figure (should the need ever arise). Though, when I do, I'm usually guilty of Facades and Omission. People can see through me pretty clearly enough to tell if I'm lying straight out or not, so I just don't, or just have a play on words.[/COLOR]
Posted
FACADES FACADES FACADES. i mean, raging hormones what can you do?

sometimes lying's the easiest way to ease in to a date..(ex: me: "i don't really know if i like you(LIE #1), but do you wanna just try(LIE #2) it out? I mean, there's not much to lose, is there?(LIE #3) I mean, it's only one date(LIE #4)....")......

anyway, impressing someone is best before you get to know them. well, not MORALLY, but whatever...
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]i think i lie to myself the most.

i tell myself everything's okay, when in reality it's really ****ed, & i bury everything i feel. it's not good b/c you could explode (friendly advice).[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=indigo]I don't need to delude myself...I am the greatest, most perfect person in existence...

To be honest (that is a phrase you [u]never[/u] use when you are talking about lying) I used to fibb to my parents when I was in highschool about everything...drugs, booze, sex...but I stopped lying to them when they stopped asking me questions.[/color]
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
straight out lie for me, no doubt, i only lie for my own gain, i have no other reason to, i prefer to just tell someone n hurt their feelings rather than the whole lying and fooling them.
-x-
Posted
[color=blue]If I do lie, which I hardly ever do, I only tell white lies, though in the past, I have put on quite a few facades. I don't anymore, though. If people can't accept me for who I am, oh well.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...