Jump to content
OtakuBoards

A Very Scary Realization...


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I just realized that the music I prefer, such as Duncan Sheik, APC, etc. is music that everyone finds... well...boring. :bawl: It's not true though, is it?[/color][/size]
Posted
When you say Duncan Sheik, artists like Coldplay, U2, John Mayer, and Counting Crows come to mind. They're along the lines of adult alternative rock, mature and easy to listen to. Not boring at all...but it depends on what a person's style of music is.
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1] Yes, I listen to Tool, and, yes, I was referring to A Perfect Circle. I just find it odd. Maybe the fact that I'm in Arkansas plays a major factor in this. But I'll be leaving to live in Chicago in a month, so there is still hope![/color][/size]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]I don't know.... repitive mindless droning could get boring after a while.... (yeah, you know that was directed at you Jesus Chicken, as is this). If you want a band that could not possibly be boring, try Nightwish.[/font][/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1] I'll do that, although my CD money fund is down...looks like I better just go to Kazaa or something, seeing as how AG is down still...[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]Oh my gosh, I love A Perfect Circle. That is the most favorite CD in my whole collection and I listen to it all the time. The song "Three Libras" is mine and my Ryan's song and stuff and it makes me want to cry when I hear it...

So what's your favorite songs on there, Mist?[/color][/size]
Posted
I love APC as well. Judith is my fave. I've heard of Dunken Sheik but only "Barely Breathing". It's a fav of mine too. I have a lot of songs like it on my Kazaa account, so don't worry.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Oh my gosh, I love A Perfect Circle. That is the most favorite CD in my whole collection and I listen to it all the time. The song "Three Libras" is mine and my Ryan's song and stuff and it makes me want to cry when I hear it...

So what's your favorite songs on there, Mist?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] I'm so happy! There's seems to be someone who actually loves APC as much as me! It's a friggin' miracle, I tell ya! ^_~ Actually, I'm quite partial to Magdelena and Sleeping Beauty. I love Three Libras too, but I guess I listened to it so much, I sort of got bored of it.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Oh my gosh, I love A Perfect Circle. That is the most favorite CD in my whole collection and I listen to it all the time. The song "Three Libras" is mine and my Ryan's song and stuff and it makes me want to cry when I hear it...

So what's your favorite songs on there, Mist?[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, APC is [B]pretty[/B] good, I am not sure if I like them as much as you do but, whatever. :p My favorite song is......I can't really remember. I have a burned copy so I don't know what the songs are called, but it goes like this "It's not like you killed someone, it's not like Jesus Christ is....something"
I know it's not a very descriptive thing, but I tried. As for the statement Hideki made about Tool. I love Tool! They are my second favorite band of all time! First being Slipknot. :p
I go to sleep listening to Tool every single night.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Vegeta [/i]
[B] First being Slipknot. :p
I go to sleep listening to Tool every single night. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] If you can fall asleep to Tool, then maybe you should give me the tylonol bottle you must be holding. I can't see how anyone could sleep to that. Sure, I listen to that kind of music as well, but I prefer the more, I guess you could say, low-beat sort of style. (In other words: alternative...)[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SS Vegeta [/i]
[B]Yeah, APC is [B]pretty[/B] good, I am not sure if I like them as much as you do but, whatever. :p My favorite song is......I can't really remember. I have a burned copy so I don't know what the songs are called, but it goes like this "It's not like you killed someone, it's not like Jesus Christ is....something"
I know it's not a very descriptive thing, but I tried. As for the statement Hideki made about Tool. I love Tool! They are my second favorite band of all time! First being Slipknot. :p
I go to sleep listening to Tool every single night. [/B][/QUOTE]

The song you mentioned is "Judith". That's my personal fav of the ones I've heard. I like Tool. I can listen to hard rock songs (like the Disturbed, Tool, and Limp Bizkit) and even gangsta rap, when I sleep, without medicine.
Posted
I love APC. I have one of their CD's. Of course I like all that type of music. I also have all of tool's. I don't know I like music period, I have everything from Marilyn Manson to Jimi Hendrix to Louis Armstrong even to Betovan (Spelling?). Everything EXCEPT rap. Sorry all you rap lovers. But anywayz I don't find APC at all boring in the least bit!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B] Everything EXCEPT rap. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] I suddenly remember why were friends...^.~ I can't stand rap either! I'd say it's my bottem-most rated music genre, and I proudly add, that I'm sure it'll always be too. ^^[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Hmm... For me.. it depends on what kind of rap it is...

I don't know why. .but I've had this thing for eminem... ^^'

Although I definately prefer Alternative, Rock, Clean Hip Hop,(as in ashanti), and.... basically anything I can dance to!^^

I've always loved dancing! ^^And singing too!! ^. ^'[/color] [/size]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]I do prefer alt. rock and metal, but the majority of people around my area enjoy hip-hop, so I take a certain liking to it. I enjoy a lot of the 'underground' artists (like some of the contributers to Linkin Park's Reanimation). I can't stand the stuff that they play on the "party station" in my area.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]106.1 right?

^^; If you're in the bay area.... That what everyone else listens to at my school.... 106.1 or 98.7 'the doghouse'...

I REALLY like reanimation.My mom's getting it for me.. and then she's gonna send it to me!! ^^[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1] I couldn't [b]stand[/b] reanimation, actually. Linkin Park is losing the flare they once held, in my opinion. I can appreciate what they're doing, but I don't necessarily like it...[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mist [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1] I couldn't [b]stand[/b] reanimation, actually.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Awww, Mist. You make me so sad. ;)
I have never heard of APC. I do like Tool though.
Maybe I will check APC out...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i]
[B]Awww, Mist. You make me so sad. ;)
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1] I'm sorry you feel that way.[/color][/size]
Posted
Don't worry if people call your music boring. The majority of people these days don't care about musicianship, they just want something they can mosh/dance/rap to. And anything that doesn't fall under those categories is 'boring'.
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1] Hmmm...I can't believe I hadn't thought of that before! I feel like an idiot now...*crawls into dark hole*[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...