Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
"You usually don't want to use the word, 'slimey', in a Japanese restaurant."
-What I said after my dad was complaining about the chicken teriyaki.
Posted
Here are some fill in the blank quotes:

Whenever someone says something that could be taken the wrong way, add the words "in bed" to what they say.

[U]Example:[/U]
Person 1: "I'm a great person."
Person 2: "In bed!"

Another fill in the blank quote is "Stupid (insert noun that is angering you) and its/their stupid (noun that relates to the first noun and explains why you are angry with the first noun.)"

[U]Example:[/U]
"Stupid Vulcans and their Stupid Logic!"

Here's another couple of quotes:

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

"If I ever catch on fire, I'll try to avoid looking in the mirror. I bet that's what *really* causes people to panic!"
Posted
[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]The only quotes I have ever made up are:

"Don't worry, human flesh is an aquired taste. Unfortunately for you, I have aquired it."
And...
"The anticipation of pain is worse than the actuality."
And I might have got that one from somewhere.

My favorite quotes would have to be...

Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think.

Where are we going? Why am I in this hand basket?

I'm just here for moral support. Ignore the gun.

This is more fun than premeditated hit and run with locomotives.

And the one that I live by every day...

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.

PM me for more, I have a huge archive of quotes, sayings and philosophies. [/color][/font]
Posted
[color=indigo]"A open foe may prove a curse, but a pretended friend is worse."

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."

"He that lives upon hope will die fasting."

"If Jack's in love, he's no judge of Jill's beauty."

All said by Benjamin Franklin.[/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Here's one I put in my sig already! ^^
Since I'm in love with sweets....

*~Careful, I bite. As long as you're a cookie!! ^^~*[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]"A open foe may prove a curse, but a pretended friend is worse."... Benjamin Franklin.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Or to put it another way, and I prefer this one, 'Better an honest enemy than a false friend'....and no I didn't get that from some fancy quote book or pseudo-philosophy test, its from ThunderCats....Thunder...Thunder...Thunder...THUNDERCATS ROAR!....

er...sorry...showing my age again...*a dripping laconic smile on his dry lips*

A couple of notables from Babylon 5:

"There comes a time when you look into the mirror and realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. Then you accept it, or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking into mirrors." - Londo

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote." - Ambassador Kosh
Posted
Well there's the one in my sig. I don't know who it's from. My brother used to have a picture on the computer of a little penguin or something and it had that quote next to it.
Posted
[color=blue][size=1] Yeah, I have a few...

"Happiness is a state of mind, depression is reality" (Me-In a crummy mood)

"Just because everyone else thinks your sweet and innocent doesn't mean that your not a whore." My friend, Zia...or Kate, if you know her that way.

"Transvestite: Men who want to eat, drink, and be Mary"

...Remembering is hard...I'm going back to bed. [/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
All said by Benjamin Franklin.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Here's my quote: "Benjamin Franklin... Wasn't he the guy that invented electricity?"
Posted
Here's one from the Simpsons:
Girl:"Cool, you live at a party house."
Homer:"I get knocked down, but I get knocked
down again, you ain't never gonna knock
me down! I take a whiskey drink, I take a
chocolate drink, and when I gotta pee, I use
the kitchen sink!"
Keg flies through window.
Homer:"Hey, were'd my keg go?"
Lisa:"Uh, oh! Mom's not going to like that."
Girl:"Who's Mom?"
Lisa:"Oh, um, that's what we call the gay guy
who lives with us."

LOL, I love the Simpsons.
Posted
"I want to live to see the day the pope gets high"- a Robbie Williams song

"What did the drummer get on his IQ test?? Saliva..." -Matt Redman

"Never lose the wonder of MacDonalds"- Tim Hughes
Posted
Here's my one or two:

"You may take our lives, but you'll never take our FREEDOM!!!" - Bravehart

"Have you ever noticed that? Show biz personalities, just don't fart!" - Billy Connolly

"Marriage is a wonderful invention. But then again so is a bicycle repair kit" - Billy Connolly

"Alba gu brath" ("Scotland Forever" in Gaelic) - William Wallace

"You loan your friend money. You see them again, they don't say nothin' 'bout the money. `Hi, how ya doin'? How's ya mama doing?' Man, how's my money doin'?" - Chris Tucker

"Weed is from tha earth. God put this here for me & you. Take advantage man, take advantage!" - Chris Tucker (Smokey from the film Friday
Posted
here are a few of my qoutes.

Friends are the angels that lift us up when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

god created man first because every masterpiece needs its rough draft.(no offense to any males)

If you dont stand for something, you fall for everything.

love can sometimes be magic, but magic can sometimes be...just an illusion.

people are to be loved, things are to be used.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]"What did the drummer get on his IQ test?? Saliva..." -Matt Redman
[/B][/QUOTE]

:shifty: I take offense to that. Who is this "Matt Redman"? ::Walks over to Matt Redman, :blowingup: :: :grumble:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Armadillomon [/i]
[B]Here are some fill in the blank quotes:

Whenever someone says something that could be taken the wrong way, add the words "in bed" to what they say.

[U]Example:[/U]
Person 1: "I'm a great person."
Person 2: "In bed!"
[/B][/QUOTE] Heh...My friends and I do something similar. Say the words [i]In that way[/i] after almost anything, and you'll end up with somthing that sounds dirty.
Posted
hmmm quotes lemmie think lemmie think...


"Trying to be someone you're not is the waste of the person you are."Kurt Cobain

"Children seldom misquote you.In fact they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."-Unknown

"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Suess

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius

"I hope life isn't a big joke,because I don't get it."-Jack Handey

"Before you critize someone,walk a mile in their shoes.That way you'll be a mile from them and you'll have their shoes."-Jack Handey

"One thing vampire children should be taught early on is,don't run with wooden stakes."-Jack Handey

"The face of a child can say it all,especially the mouth part of the face."-Jack Handey

"I wish I had a Kryptonite cross,because then you could keep both Dracula and Superman away."-Jack Handey

"If a kid asks where rain comes from,I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying."And if he asks why God is crying,another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."-Jack Handey

"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk,my first instinct is to laugh.But then I think,what if I was an ant and she fell on me.Then it wouldn't seem quite as funny."-Jack Handey

"Do or Do Not,there is no try."-Yoda

"True love is like a ghost many have claimed to see it but few have experienced it."-my friend Matt

"I haven't failed,I found one-thousand ways it doesn't work."-my friend TJ

"Someday you'll look down,then look up to find someone staring at you.Then there's a moment of awkwardness,then you wonder weather their looking at you because you are weird or if it's just them.Then you start screaming."-My friend Stephen

Some quotes from biodome:

Bud: Bio-dome
Doyle: Think is goes both ways?
Bud & Doyle: I don't know, but we do!

Dr Faulkner: What do you boys want in life?
Bud: To die and come back as a leotard.


thats most of my favorite quotes.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i]
[B]:shifty: I take offense to that. Who is this "Matt Redman"? ::Walks over to Matt Redman, :blowingup: :: :grumble: [/B][/QUOTE]

He's a pretty well-known worship leader (well-known, that is, if you are an English Christian). He said that at a seminar once.. but he didn't just do a joke about drummers, there were a few:

"What's the difference between a violin and an onion?.. no one cries when you cut up a violin.."

"How do you know when a singer is at your door?.. they can't find the right key and don't know when to come in.."

"How do you confuse a bass player?.. show them the sheet music.."

There were a few others as well.. but he didn't do keyboard players... and I play the keyboard :D (Matt Redman plays guitar)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Armadillomon[/i]

Here are some fill in the blank quotes:

Whenever someone says something that could be taken the wrong way, add the words "in bed" to what they say.

Example:
Person 1: "I'm a great person."
Person 2: "In bed!"
[/QUOTE]

For real? Heck, I do that too. Small world.

"Are you riding his Baloney Pony?" - I forget where I heard that

"If I were human, I believe my response would be 'Go to hell.' If I were human." - Spock, Star Trek VI

"This is not a drill. This is the Apocalypse. Please exit the hospital in an orderly fashion" - Dogma

"The problem with reality is the lack of background music." - ?

"If I ruled the world, clothing would be edible! Hahahaha!" -Gonzo, The Muppet Show

"It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs. I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth." -G'Kar, Babylon 5

"It?s difficult to work in a group when you?re omnipotent." -Q, ST:TNG

"I have the heart of a child ... in a jar ... on my desk." -Stephen King

"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I choose to accept." -Calvin and Hobbes

Okay, I better stop... I'm a quote fiend. Oh heck, just one more.

"Life...it's like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you ever get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee but they're gone too fast and the taste is fleeting. You end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. If you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers." -The Cigarette Smoking Man, The X-Files
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...