OtakuBoards

Personal quotes

Armadillomon

I've seen a lot of great quotes in people's signatures. So I got the idea to start a thread where people could post their favorite quotes. I'm looking for quotes that you came up with yourself, but if you have a fave quote from tv, movies, or whatever, feel free to post that here too. Just please be sure to tell who you are quoting, even if it is just yourself.

Here are some of my quotes:

"If ignorance is bliss, then why aren't there a lot more happy people in the world?"

"I like food. Food is the most important meal of the day."

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got one quote, but I don't remember it very well...

I was walking down the street and a girl came up to me and said "Whats punk?" I replied "Punk is a state of mind." I kicked over a nearby trash can "See, thats punk." The girl kicks over another trash can "So thats punk?" I said "No, thats trendy." - Bill Armstrong [I think, I don't remember really who said it]

Its so true too...

[color=crimson]"Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus."

"They always want to hear...an objective conference on 'The Theatre and the Plague', and I want to give them the experience itself, the plague itself, so they will be terrified, and awaken.... I want to awaken them. They do not realize "they are already DEAD". -- Antonin Artaud

"A small body of determined spirits, fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission, can alter the course of history." -- MAHATMA GANDHI

"Death only comes to those who dont want it."

"Jesus is dead. Get over it."

"[b]Solve et coagula[/b]."

-K[/color]

Guest niall190
Travellin' Man, that's what I am,
Guess I'll always be;
Travellin' Man, that's what I am,
But at least I'm free!
--------------- Van Zannt '76

Oh and
"We started out like Romeo and Juliet but it ended in tragedy"
-------------- Milhouse Van Houten

And lastly
"Me fail English? Thats unpossible"
--------------- Ralph Wiggum

this is a take on a famous qoute that my brother changed up when he got fed up with people who use it.
"an eye for an eye just make the world go blind, ... well if an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. i'd rather be blind so i dont have to see the horrors of the world." -blake (my brother)

[color=red]This is a very short poem I wrote which I am recalling from my memory, so it won't be exactly the same but pretty close
[i][b]"Cloudy water endlessly deep
for someone to keep
only underneath
that cloudy water
will you sleep."[/b][/i]

that's it take what it means for what you want it to...[/color]

[color=deeppink]There is one simple word that reminds me of the people I'm around all day, every day, and that word happens to be
[quote]'dude.'[/quote]
I know not why I really like that word, but I think the concept of the [i]idiocy[/i] that is attached with it just makes me laugh.

Another quote that makes me laugh is from Caddyshack;
[quote]'Cannonball comin'[/quote]
...but this guy I hang out with says it in a really funny voice and it makes me laugh every time, especially since he blurts it out at the most random times.

Things are just funny like that.[/color]

"Life is like a B2K song. It seems Immature, but it's not." -Me. (You have to listen to a lot of R&B to get this one)

"Jane, you ignorant slut." -Don Ackroyd(sp?)

"In your case, 'existensial' means 'pseudo-intellectual poser with accessories from the street fair.'" -Daria

"Excuse my editorial laugh. Ha!" -Kent Brockman (Simpsons)

"You're all heartless!" -Chibi-Usa

"That smell. That smelly smell. The kind of smelly smell that smells... smelly." -Mr. Krabs

"Your nickname was never 'Ace.' Maybe 'Ace-hole.'" -Lister (Red Dwarf)

[color=crimson][size=1] "Blonde is not a color; it's a state of mind."

"Air head! Push her off the Empire State Building and she'd float!"

"I have no earthly clue..."

"I'm pretty sure the spelled bologna wrong."

"Leave me alone; I'm eating...Well, not really, but it's a good excuse."

All of these are from me, by the way. ^^*[/color][/size]

Well, my idiotic quote that I have in my signature is one that I made, and it's stupid, but I swore to keep it in there for all of my experience on OB for some reason. . .

Another one I like is from Staind (Who I don't listen to, but I like this one song):

You can't feel my anger/you can't feel my pain/you can't feel my torment, driving me insane.

I know, I'm weird, but that's my choice.

"If the sun became red with all the blood spilled on Earth, would man kind still lust for blood?"-Me

"Depression is like the poison from a snake. its injected slowly and takes affect inch by inch, over coming your body untill you are absorbed and over taken by it."-Me

"I take the phrase "White man can't dance" to a whole new level."-Me

I have more just can't think of them right now!

I used to spend alot of time, looking at quotes. . . . (I have no life U.U ) but there have been a few things that i like to quote that I've said. . .

I danced around in my bathers singing songs from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. ~when I was asked what I did on the weekend

I THINK I used to have a habbit of picking my nose . . . oh wait that was my dad. ~written in one of my profiles in the hobby section

When I'm older I'll have a shetland pony. . . or maybe a few carrot sticks just incase one happens to "get lost" and I "find" it. ~Um . . . this one I can't remember

I wanna be a pirate when I grow up! ~my good ol' buddy E

Sleep, what is this myth you speak of? ~always said when told to go sleep

[color=blue]My favorite serious quote: "If you always look at the darkness of the past, you'll never know the brightness of the future." -I forget, but I still like it

My favorite silly quote: "Behold the power of my rolled up newspaper! *whack*" -Seph[/color]

[color=red] I just thought of another one. It's some of the lyrics from a Linkin Park song...can't remember the name, but it's from one of the songs.

[i][b]"A little peice of paper with a picture drawn floats on down a stream until the wind is gone, and the memory now is like the picture was then, once it's crumpled up it can't be perfect again..."[/i][/b]

I don't know, those lyrics seem to always be repeating in my mind...it's kind of weird yet cool all at once :p [/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]My quotes.....

hmm....

'Goodnight forever, have a million sweet dreams...' Mature (king of fighters)

'...' (me)

'....I didn't do it...' (me)

'Whadd I do???' (me)

'You can't be serious... - -' (me)

'Me? Sleep? Like yeah, that's ever gonna happen..' (mind the sarcasm, sleep is my life... if you knew me... that quote would actually be funny... :rolleyes: )

'Life's like a big marshmellow, soft, fluffy, and cuddly ^^' (me)

'Do these contacts make me look fat?' (me) :bluesweat:

'Lay off the chips and study' (by a friend of mine)

(when a girl in my class talks to fast)
'I can't tell... is she speaking chinese or english? I really can't tell..'

----

Blah... *dodges tomatoes and runs* and yes, I am insane...

*hides from evelyn*[/color] [/size]

[size=1]

"Otakuboards can be your dream vacation or your worst nightmare!" Me. Oh wait, that one is in my sig. I could've just said look in my sig to make things easier but no Ryan! you just have to make is complicated and hard for the other members!!!!!!!!!!!:anger: Um....Hello, my name is Ryan and I have problems!:)[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]My quotes.....

'Life's like a big marshmellow, soft, fluffy, and cuddly ^^' (me)[/color][/size][/quote][/b]

[color=crimson][size=1] *Eats life* (Only Juu will get it...hopefully...)[/color][/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Juuthena[/i]

[b][color=deeppink][size=1]Blah... *dodges tomatoes and runs* and yes, I am insane...

*hides from evelyn*

[/color][/size][/b][/quote]

[color=crimson][size=1] That reminds me of another quote I have...

"Why would [b][i]anyone[/i][/b] ever run away from me? I have such a pretty name." -Me[/color][/size]