OtakuBoards

Sub-nics

Sara

I know custom titles have been suggested before, but I thought I'd bring it up again. It would be fun to have them, maybe just above the Mod/Member/Newbie/Otaku/Whatever status.

Just so long as things are still being added and whatnot, thought I might as well ask about it.

And James... am I [i]ever[/i] going to get my strikethrough option? :p ;)

[color=darkblue][size=1]..and don't forget about the spoiler feature, we need that as well.

Custom titles would be cool, I've seen other boards where they have custom titles, and they put a little box next to their names that says "M" (for mod) or "A" (for admin). Hmm....

-Shy[/color][/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Although... I'm kinda worried about the strikethrough feature...
It's really neat sometimes, but it can get really spammy...
Some people might post something like,
'I (strikethrough)Hate like it.'
- .-' It got pretty spammy on another boards I've been to. Alot of people were posting like that...[/color] [/size]

[color=royalblue]It is unlikely that Super Moderators would have a custom title, simply because you already have one. Your title is important, because it helps new members to identify you.

When people start hitting the highest Otaku rank...I'll think about custom titles.[/color]

Oh great, just create more playthingies for MODS and STAFFMEMBERS! What about us "common users"?

You don't get that all that "luring" with cooler avatars and titles only causes more spamming, more poor post quality and more useless threads -aren't these the things you are trying to fight, James? :therock:

By the way, sorry if i act like a freaking rebel, James, but you yourself said that if one wanted things to change, one would have to be constructive and initiative, rather than just keep whining. Well, here I am being CONSTRUCTIVE!

Um, I think he just believes that the custom titles are being suggested for moderators only--though it was already mentioned otherwise in this thread. ^_^;;

Deciphering the second part--he feels that custom avatars and titles will cause people to spam in an effort to attain them (which doesn't make sense, because custom avatars are open to everyone now, as I understand it). Plus, the highest otaku level has to be over 5,000 posts. There's no way that someone could spam that many times and get away with it.

Anyway, and I swear to God I'm not brown nosing to staff, lol, I didn't see much of anything constructive in that post.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sage [/i]
[B]Oh great, just create more playthingies for MODS and STAFFMEMBERS! What about us "common users"?

You don't get that all that "luring" with cooler avatars and titles only causes more spamming, more poor post quality and more useless threads -aren't these the things you are trying to fight, James? :therock:[/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]Did he say that staff are getting them? Read again..[/size]

[size=2][quote][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[color=royalblue][b]It is unlikely that Super Moderators would have a custom title, simply because you already have one. Your title is important, because it helps new members to identify you.[/b][/color][/quote][/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=GREEN]See? He only said if people start getting to the [i]highest Otaku rank[/i] then he may think about giving people custom titles.[/size][/color]

[color=royalblue]EXACTLY. Geez...how hard is this to understand?

The suggestion was for custom titles for everyone, I believe. And I said that staff wouldn't get them, because their current titles are important for members to identify what they do -- and thus, who they can contact if they are having troubles in a certain forum.

But anyway...why should I expect him to have read and understood the previous posts? He's being a brat, that's all it's about. lol[/color]

[color=red] I don't think custom titles are really a big issue...they are just another touch (small, I might add) that adds personality to that person behind their facade...so it really doesn't matter...I was wondering...what is your title when you get 5,000 posts...:eek:[/color]

I would imagine it to be something worse than "No Life" -.-;

I don't really think custom titles are that important. Personally, I think it might be better backwards so a "Newbie" would be able to change their title then once they reach Junior Member status, it reverts so you can't change it anymore. But that's just me...

I like the stikethrough option...useful...and I don't think people would be using it for entire posts.

i think custom titles are cool. they could be put under our title.
It would be kinda kool, especailly if we could change them whenever we like..

example: Calumon_Luver
(in tiny writing would be out custom title)

This would be kool...
If I had a custom title it would be Takato sweety

[color=crimson]Well, as far as the Spoiler thing goes, I've been putting all my spoilers in white color, so that people have to highlight them to read them. I usually include a note to highlight and stars around the "empty" space, to let peeps know [i]where[/i] to highlight.[/color]

*[color=white]Like this.[/color]*

[color=crimson]Kinda a hassle, I know, but does it work? It does on my computer, except for when I'm replying to a post...if you scroll down looking at previous posts, you can see the white lettering on the greyed boxes.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1]..and don't forget about the spoiler feature, we need that as well.

-Shy[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] I'm the one that brought that idea here :p James said he'd implement it sometime...hopefully he will.[/color]

[color=indigo]I never have anything to spoil, but I know a lot of other people have spoilers. A spoiler would be a great feature.

Also, I like the idea of a custom title, maybe when you get to No Life, or Extreme Otaku? Speaking of ranks, I think there's ten in all, and you need to have 9,000 posts to reach the last one. James wouldn't tell me what it was, though.[/color]