OtakuBoards

Riddle(s)

ChibiV

[color=indigo]A very easy riddle here:

There are seven days in a week. Person A lies on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, and tells the truth on all other days. Person B lies on Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays, and tells the truth on all other days. On one particular day of the week, both of them said: "Yesterday was one of my lying days." What day was that?

This riddle only deals with the days of the week, not the actual months or dates. It should be quite easy for MathGuy2, or anyone who doesn't get confused a lot.[/color]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thursday, frankoo berry mush.

that was pretty easy.

okay, here's one.

what has it got in it's pocketses?

i cant find my copy of the hobbit.. >.<

okay, um.. oh yeah!!!

what becomes smaller as you put more in it, and bigger as you take out of it? very easy.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shadow [/i]

[B]Riddle:
A family has just moved out of a 1-room house. The house was then empty. A man walked into the houae and when he came out the house was full. How is this possible? (he went in alone and the house was not very small) [/B][/QUOTE]

Before he went in the house was empty because there was nothing inside. But when he went in, it wasn't empty anymore, thereby making the house full.

Here's one:

What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?

This is one of my favorite riddles.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angedramon [/i]
[B]Before he went in the house was empty because there was nothing inside. But when he went in, it wasn't empty anymore, thereby making the house full. [/B][/QUOTE]
Someone already answered my riddle, and that wasn't the answer.

Answer to Angedramon's riddle: man; the morning is when he's a baby and crawls on all fours, the afternoon is when he's old and walks on 2 legs, the evening is when he's an old man and uses a cane, which acts as his third leg.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MysticBabe [/i]
[B]I don't think anyone has answered the stick one yet, so here is my answer. The sticks weren't magic at all. the theif thinks they were magic, she cut her stick 2 inches short so that when it grows it will be equal with all the others. [/B][/QUOTE]

...which all seems fine except the guy in the riddle just said that the stick would grow, not that it would grow a specific amount like 2 inches... so how did the theif know to cut it 2 inches?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Battlepoop [/i]
[B]Here's a pretty easy one if you think about it:

A man walked into a bar and asked for a glass of water. The bartender pointed a gun at him. The man then said thank you, and walked out. Why? [/B][/QUOTE]

If someone pointed a gun at me, I'd be polite too.. I don't want to get shot at, do I?:p

A man walked into a bar and asked for a glass of water. The bartender pointed a gun at him. The man then said thank you, and walked out. Why? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]My guess is that the gun goes squirt instead of bang.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
[B]I have no clue what the answer to your riddle is, but Ill give you a tough one right back.

Riddle(Brain Teaser): There is a light tight closet, No light could go in, or out. There are 3 light switches on the outside of the door, how do you find out which one turns on the light thats in the closet? (Note: You can open the closet door only once, and it begins out closed.) [/B][/QUOTE]

This one is easier than the other switch that was just asked:

Open the door, than tests all three switch :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai_yyh [/i]
[B]what becomes smaller as you put more in it, and bigger as you take out of it? very easy. [/B][/QUOTE]
My all-time favorite!

A hole

[quote][i]Originally posted by Cruizr [/i]
I have no clue what the answer to your riddle is, but Ill give you a tough one right back.

Riddle(Brain Teaser): There is a light tight closet, No light could go in, or out. There are 3 light switches on the outside of the door, how do you find out which one turns on the light thats in the closet? (Note: You can open the closet door only once, and it begins out closed.) [/quote]

[font=chiller]

Easy. Say the three switches are labeled A,B, and C. Turn on switch A and switch B and keep them on for lets say 10 or 20 minutes. Then turn off switch A. Go in the closet and touch the light bulb. If it is on then you know it is B. If it is off but warm then you know it was A. And if it is off and cold then you know it is C. Simple.[/font]

The man had the hiccups and the bartender scared them out of him.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]Me, personally? I'd light the match. [/B][/QUOTE]

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There you go cera. You get 10 points and a cookie. I mean, come on, thses things are so obvious once you get them. it took me about 10 minutes to get this one, because i was tired

[B]well, uh... Ryan's is the same answer to the other switch one. but the easier answer is to:open the door. test each light. [/B]
[/QUOTE]

[font=chiller]

Well, I have heard the same riddle before but it went differently. You were trying to figure out which switch would turn the attic light on. The switches were on the first floor so you couldn't just open the door and try each switch. Now you will understand my answer. I didn't know the switches were right by the door.:)[/font]

[B]well, uh... Ryan's is the same answer to the other switch one. but the easier answer is to:open the door. test each light. [/B][/QUOTE]

If you could do that, it wouldn't be much of a riddle...

[B]well, uh... Ryan's is the same answer to the other switch one. but the easier answer is to: open the door. test each light. [/B][/QUOTE]

I find it? I actually was joking!

Anyway, I rules.

I knew a couple riddles...
Those are stupid ones that run errant in my family.

What's blue and goes up and down?

What's green and goes up and down?

What's black, white, black, white, black, white, red?

Alright, have fun with these.

1.How many letters are in the alphabet?

2.A man walks up to you and says - "everything I say to you is a lie."
Is he telling you the truth or is he lying?

3.A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible?

4.A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

5.A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

6.I cannot be felt, seen or touched;
Yet I can be found in everybody;
My existence is always in debate;
Yet I have my own style of music.
What Am I?

7.There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

8.The word CANDY can be spelled using just 2 letters. Can you figure out how?

9.A man was born in 1955. He's alive and well today at age 33. How is this possible?

10.How can you make the following equation true by drawing only one straight line:
5+5+5=550

Can you figure it out?

1.How many letters are in the alphabet?

[i]11 - or 7 if you don't count the ones that are the same[/i]

2.A man walks up to you and says - "everything I say to you is a lie."
Is he telling you the truth or is he lying?

[i]He's lying- but it doesn't necessarily mean that everything else he says is true...[/i]

4.A farmer and his hired help were carrying grain to the barn. The farmer carried one sack of grain and the hired help carried two sacks. Who carried the heavier load and why?

[i]The farmer, because he had grain in his sack.[/i]

5.A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, "If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50."

The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he'll just say he weighs more or less.

In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?

[i]He was standing on the scale, so he couldn't see it when he looked around[/i]

9.A man was born in 1955. He's alive and well today at age 33. How is this possible?

[i]'Today' is 1988 :D[/i]

10.How can you make the following equation true by drawing only one straight line:
5+5+5=550

[i]Draw a diagonal line through the equals sign. The resulting sign means "does not equal". The resulting equation is: 5 + 5 + 5 does not equal 550 (I don't know how to do the equals sign with the line through it on a PC)[/i]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arikel [/i]
[B]Alright, have fun with these.
3.A woman has 7 children, half of them are boys.
How can this be possible?

5+5+5=550

Can you figure it out? [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machins [/i]
[B]Draw a diagonal line through the equals sign. The resulting sign means "does not equal". The resulting equation is: 5 + 5 + 5 does not equal 550 (I don't know how to do the equals sign with the line through it on a PC)[/B][/QUOTE]

#3 is because she's pregnant, but it's yet impossible to know the baby's gender, so she have 3 boys, 3 girls + a foetus.

#10 is wrong, deus, you draw a diagonal to transform the + in a 4, and you get 5+545=550 which is right.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Circéus [/i]
[B]#10 is wrong, deus, you draw a diagonal to transform the + in a 4, and you get 5+545=550 which is right. [/B][/QUOTE]

I knew that my answer was wrong.. but at the same time it's right. an equals sign with a slash thru it means 'not equals', and 5 + 5 + 5 does not equal 550... so I was mathematically right.. though it wasn't the intended answer..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Maul [/i]
[B]I've got one sorta like that which probably has the same answer, but anyway, the police got a call from the owner of a gas station. He was at work late at night, and he had just sold a finely dressed man five bags of softener salt, each weighing fifty pounds. The man asked the owner if he would help him carry the bags out to his car. The owner said yes, and so he helped him. The owner told the man good night as the man locked his car and rolled up the windows. The owner went back inside the gas station's store, because there was another man inside looking at an aisle with batteries. The car started to back out just as there was a loud crash, the power went, and all the lights went out. A gunshot rang out. When the power came back, the owner saw that the man with the salt had been shot. When the police got there they discovered that there was no bullet hole in any of the windows(which were all up), and that there was no gun, or trace of any firearms, besides the one bullet, in the man's car. The doors were locked the entire time, and there was no one else in the car with him. How is this murder possible?
Oh, and genkai_yyh, you can't answer, just incase our riddles have the same answer. [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't his pen gun go off or something? That would be my guess. it's one of the onyl logical solutions, and cops dont usually find pen guns alot, being that they aren't really around much.