OtakuBoards

Riddle(s)

ChibiV

[color=deeppink] [size=1]mkay... lemme say this a lil more clearly...
Number three and four, everything is equal.

In number four, which bryan already answered, the men in heaven were feeding each other, while the men in hell were selfish and only tried to feed themselves. Yet, the food, chopsticks, and distance from the table were all the same.

In number three, let's just say everyone's arm length was equal, and they all stretched out equally. ^^
It mainly has to do with the shortest stick, not the arm. ^_-[/color] [/size]

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Hm...I'll try the semi-hard one....

Its a complete guess

The girl with the shortest stick was the theif because she knew it would grow so she did not fully extend her arm where as the other people did. she did this to cover it up so when it grew it would be as long as the others. The boy and the gaurd expected this and saw that her arm was bent more than the others letting them know that the stick grew and she was trying to hide....

Complete guess...

Here's an easy one:

A man and his son are in a car accident. They are both rushed to the hospital. The father and son have different doctors. As the son goes in for surgery the doctor turns around and sees him. The doctor then exclaims "I can't operate on this boy he is my son." How is this possible? [/B][/QUOTE]

The sons father was his doctor and the father has a different doctor because he can't be his own doctor. Is that one right?

Juuthena - (mushroom) the thief broke her stick, anticipating it would grow.

DuoGod of Death - (surgery) a) the doctor was the boy's mom. b) the doctor was his biological father (or mother), the "father" was the boy's adopter. c) The "boy" the doctor was referring to was the father; the doctor was the younger boy's grandfather.

kool_aid13 - (surgery) How sexist! Doctors can be women, nurses can be men. Get rid of your stereotypes!

Juuthena - (box) He tore the calendar in half. He put the two halves, together, making a whole. He reached through the hole and got food.
Else he ate the bedbugs.
Can you explain this one any more? What does "survive" mean in this context?

ChibiV - (coins) Can you tell us the answer, or at least give us a hint?

Darkmoon is correct....the doctor was the son's mother.

And yes Mathguy thats what that riddle was created for. It was used to test and see how sexist America truly is.

Ok here is another easy one:

A group of tourist bored a plane to go visit Toronto. They take off from New York and about 2 hours in the trip their plane expierences technical failures. The plane crashes right on the border of the USA and Canada. The plane is torn to shreds. As the officials come they wonder where the survivors would be buried. So the question is, where would the survivors be buried?

[color=deeppink] [size=1]ooh yeah, and zidane, clear your pm box!! It's full!!

And one more hint for the mushroom one. ^_-

The sticks were all the same height. Just that one was shortened. Think fo why a person would shorten it. ^_-[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MathGuy2 [/i]
[B]Juuthena - (box) He tore the calendar in half. He put the two halves, together, making a whole. He reached through the hole and got food.
Else he ate the bedbugs.
Can you explain this one any more? What does "survive" mean in this context?[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]:bluesweat
uuh.. maybe I didn't explain that well... He's trapped in a box, and he doesn't have anything to eat, right?

Well..... mathguy, your answer was [i]very[/i] cleaver, buuut.. that's not exactly it.. ^^
Although, that could be true ^_^[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]A group of tourist bored a plane to go visit Toronto. They take off from New York and about 2 hours in the trip their plane expierences technical failures. The plane crashes right on the border of the USA and Canada. The plane is torn to shreds. As the officials come they wonder where the survivors would be buried. So the question is, where would the survivors be buried? [/B][/QUOTE]
I was going to post that one. It's harder to figure out when someone says it, though.
The Box: Did someone bring food to him?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]mkay, here's a favorite ^^

Medium hard:
There was a boy, that was selling some mushrooms one day. When night fell, he grew tired, and went to sleep. He hid the money he earned by his side, and fell asleep. When he woke up, his money was gone! He immediately went to a guard by the palace he was selling them by, and told them what had happened. Then the guard ordered everyone that was there at the time his money was stolen. He then told everyone to get a magical stick of truth from a basket, so everyone did. He told everyone to stick their sticks out from a wide circle. He said the stick of the beholder who stole the money, would grow out into the center, revealing the theif.
Everyone reached out their sticks. Immediately, the guard grabbed the shortest stick and exclaimed. That's the theif! She's the one that stole the money! How did they know?
[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

You said "They stick their sticks [b]out [i]from[/i][/b] a wide circle", so for a stick to grow [i]towards the centre[/i], when it is pointing out, [i]away from the centre[/i], it will shrink. So, the person who did it had the shortest stick

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiV [/i]
[B]If you have 12 gold coins, and there's one fake one. You don't know if the fake one is heavier or lighter than the real one.
Given:
one balance scale (no number or anything)
maximum 3 chances to weight

question: How do you find out which is the fake one with only 3 chances of weighing it. [/B][/QUOTE]
I'll give a hint: If anyone still interested in solving this one.
Hints: Label the coins 1-12, and begins to balance 4x4 coins first.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zidane11 [/i]
[B]The itsy bitsy spider maybe? I'll try and think of some other answers in the mean time. [/B][/QUOTE]

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would be wrong. Keep trying. it's an obvious answer once you get it. It took me 3 hrs. it took my dad 15 minutes.

[quote]
What goes up a pipe down, but not down a pipe up?
[/quote]
The teacher's readiness to use discipline forms. (When he/she tells the class "pipe down", then she's about to send everyone to the office, but she's also ready to use discipline forms when everyone pipes up.)

Am I close? Is this the meaning of "pipe down"?

the coin riddle:
1)weigh #1-4 and 5-8 (i'll assume their =)
2)weigh either of the above & 9-12 (difference will show)
3)??? *brain goes :blowingup *
ok, i'm stuck ... mind PM'ing or e-mailing the answer (where'd u find this, i love it)

mine:
u have three light switches, the light is up-stairs (ceiling light-no moving it, no window to see inside) in 2 moves how do you tell which switch works
Solved by: MathGuy2

[b]SPOILER ALERT[/b] :nono:
kmjk - (lights) I heard a version of this possible solution in third or fourth grade: Flip two on, wait a few minutes, flip one off. Go upstairs - if the light is on, then it's the on switch. If the light is off but [i]warm[/i], then it's the one that was on for a few minutes. Else it's the other one.
Otherwise, turn one switch on, and rapidly flick another off and on for a few minutes. Go upstairs. If it's on, it's the on switch, if it's off, look and see if the filament's broken.
Otherwise, flip one on, and balance the other halfway between on and off. This doesn't work for most lights, but it does for the one in my house's hallway...
[b]END SPOILER[/b] :nono:

Juuthena (mushrooms)- You said that the thief's stick would grow into the center, and it did, while everyone else's sicks grew away from the center, so it appeared that the thief's stick was shorter.

Here are some easy ones:
-If a rooster lays an egg on the top of a triangle shaped roof, which way does the egg fall?

-If a bullet train travel west, which way does its steam blow?

Hahahahaha, yeah, Darkmoon, that seems like the answer. (Probably drank water from the springs in the bed - doesn't necessarily need to be a waterbed.)

Oh, by the way, only one person attempted my riddle of the 11-letter word that describes toothpaste on the floor, which is is...."crestfallen." (groan ... the Crest toothpaste has fallen)

New Riddle: Name any English word that has the letters A, E, I, O, U in that order. There are quite a few. (Aside: could this be a valid reason to post a one-word post? ;) )

[b]SPOILER ALERT[/b] :nono:
Shadow - (egg and train) The answer you expected was "Roosters don't lay eggs, bullet trains don't emit smoke." But...

The first question was phrased "If a rooster lays an egg", implying that the condition of rooster-egg-laying was implied. (Yes, this is a technicality.) Therefore, if the rooster was exactly on the top and there was no wind, then the egg would fall away from the equator (if the roof were pointing north/south) because the centrifugal force is greater nearer the equator, resulting in less net gravity. If the roof were pointing east-west, then the egg would fall east AM, west PM - the sun's gravity would pull the egg toward the sun.

And the second question just asks about "the smoke", which could well mean cigarette smoke. The smoke would blow east.

[b]END SPOILER[/b] :nono: and stupid technicality :nono: