OtakuBoards

Shooting!

GotenksSSJ343

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]Well sorry guys but I have to also agree with BG's and some of DeathKnight's post, it takes a lot of skill to act like a sniper and not get caught sadly some of these crazy shooting spree killers turn out to be a genius. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was arguing more with the last bit "I love this guy, whoever he is"... DeathKnight probably didn't actually mean it in the way I took it, though.

So yeah.. my point was "OK, it takes a lot of skill, but let's not go round admiring a killer just because he kills skillfully"

[quote][i]Originally posted by gokents[/i]
also, with the fact that the last boy shot didnt have an exit wound, it would indicate that he was really, really far away. [/quote]

Actually, you have [i]no way of knowing[/i] that that's the case. there are lots of reasons why there may be no exit wound. The bullet may have just hit a bone or gotten lodged. Also, a bullet doesn't slow down an awful lot over a great distance, they just alter direction slightly due to wind and gravity. Don't make logical assumptions when you don't know the logic behind them..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude, dont get on my case about that stuff.

If you really believe a bullet keeps the same velocity over its entire distance then you need to take more time looking into this stuff.

plus, the bullet didnt hit a bone or anything, unfortunatly it hit him just below the rib cage and to the left side of his body.
it destroyed several of his major organs and went in but not out.

its also important that you think about this stuff that you write because if you look at the quote you put up of what I said and the actual post, you will notice I never wrote "an awful lot". I just suggested that it was possible the lack of an exit wound would indicate a possible long distance shot. (although you are right about gravity and wind playing in with a shot, but loss of velocity is a result of those, which means we both have valid points. but it is true that the second a bullet leaves the barrel it starts "loosing steam". even if its only tiny amounts.)

I mean its not like bullets have the time to let gravity and wind affect them when its close range. and really, I never even said something like wind and gravity dont effect bullets. You would have to be a pretty simple minded person to think gravity doesnt apply to bullets.

more over, the real point Im writing is because there are plenty of snipers who kill in combat.
try admiring them. not some loser who kills kids.

one other thing is that I will admit when people have a point, and one thing is obvious.
this guy is smart, usually the most dangerous people are.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]Hey, You guys thirsty? Click on the banner in my sig and dont waste my time. *salutes your narrow-mindedness and walks away* "Oh, Here. Hate me."
--------

Kinda strange that this all started around the time that [b]Red Dragon[/b] was realeased, eh? Lol.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] *Admits he was rather narrow-minded*. But when you say something like that, I'm going to get offended. But now that I've understood what you said, except for the part about how you love the person who is doing this...I've seen your point of view and excepted it. *walks away*[/color]

[color=green]I don't care if this serial killer is as good as all of you say! I see what all of you are talking about, on both sides, but it's just heartless, inhumane, callous, shameless, virtueless, and [i]wrong[/i] nonetheless! When America was attacked on September 11, did you praise the people who high-jacked the planes for killing thousands of people, or those who had anything to do with it? No. A life is a life, and it can never be replaced.[/color]

kool aid 13, thats a bad question about sept. 11.

you see, alot of people here actually were happy about the 11th.

It makes me sad, but some people here are the kinds who call you ignorant and the whole time its them.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]kool aid 13, thats a bad question about sept. 11.

you see, alot of people here actually were happy about the 11th.

It makes me sad, but some people here are the kinds who call you ignorant and the whole time its them. [/B][/QUOTE]

This makes me terribly sad and I don't condone what he did.

It doesn't just make me sad it makes me sick. Shooting a 13 year old boy! Thats horrible...

OOP:Anywayz Gotenks could you please clean out your pm box I need to PM you...thanks

Yup and don't foget the other 5/6 people, Or could it be more than one person.........*everyone stares*.....guess so.

Just saw a news report and the guy who killed the 13 yr. old wether it be the same person who killed those 5 people or not. Left behind a clue I didn' have time to hear what it was but they still don't have suspects.

Im not really sure about much besides the fact that all of us agree on, its one dangerous person.

and a marksmen.

possibly military experience, but you can learn to shoot well with out going into the military.

more than likely its one of those hermit nuts from the middle of the country that stocks up on guns and gets nothing but freedom to practice on their huge piece of land.

I hate those people cause they make it look like every one in the nra is a nut or something, when the truth is that well over half of the murders by fire arms are done by unregistered illegal arms in the hands of people who arent nra.

yea thats the truth, I wish they were all in the middle of the country, out in the hicks and hills.
I live in louisiana.

I just gotta worry about gangbangers in new orleans.
and trust me, I see plenty on the news about people getting the same fate as these snipers victims, only just for their wallet and walk-man. thats no joke either. happend just over 2 months ago.

Let's get something straight here, people. Ken has a right to his own opinion. You people here are condeming this sniper(s) for their actions...but some praise him/her/them. And they have the RIGHT to do that.

I could flame most of you for being such weak, sentimental fools in feeling pity for a few people that get sniped when people are being beaten to death elsewhere, while women are getting raped, while children are used for suicide bombings.

So, in short for all of you that flamed my bro for his opinions, **** OFF.

Must I put it any clearer? I think I need to. You think this man/woman is bad. My bro thinks not, yet you have a problem with that. He and I have a problem with you all being goody-goods. So back the **** off before I get all moral.

Now then, I must agree with Ken. Serial killers in the past have all been about choking their victims with wires and raping them or something. Completely retarded. Use your abilities, fools. If you can actually break into someone's house and all of this, why not just pop a cap in them? No need to drag it out and risk having evidence left behind. And keep the gun, fools. Don't ditch it. Because then the police have something to tie you down with, with all of that nifty forensices crap. Or however you spell it.

In all honesty, I have to say I respect this man/woman. He knows how to make a good kill.

And all of you that wanna lynch me for my opinions, go to Hell. If you wanna hate this man/woman, then I can like him/her. So there.

[If I was a bit rude to those of you that aren't so strongly opposing these shooting, I'm sorry. Really, I am. It's just that I hate hypocrits that say things like "How can you like him, HE'S HORRIBLE!". Those kind of people make me sick, what with not only denouncing someone for their beliefs, but sometimes they do it in one sentance. For shame.]

OOC: Gokents, what part in Louisian do you live in? I (and about 7 other people on these boards) live in the New Orleans-Metro area. I'm just curious. :)

I totally agree with Neil. Justo ne lil hting, if there are random kills then it is uncalled for and totally innocent people are dieing and its not right. Seconly if the targets were someoen connected with the killer he/she/they prolyl have some right to do what they did. I mean if it was my friend shot id be mad and wanna kill the sniper, that make me just same as the killer htemselfe, frankly i dont mind. hehe XD Well, wrapping up my lil rambling my opinion I think ya'll should back off of the people cuz ya dont even know them or their story. so think about it.

Well said, Danni. And I respect that you have limitations. Basically what you told me in AIM. O_o;;;

Also, before those of you petty enough to yell all that **** about Danni being "a stupd n00b who cant pyt a senence 2gethr", know that she can hardly see due to an eye injury. So hah. And double hah for telling you people that would strike such a low-blow off like that in advance.

Im weak and a sentimental fool for feeling sorry for someone who was gundown for no apprarant reason? Damn, whats wrong with me. Thats whats wrong with our world today, no one cares anymore. If you like the guy so much, maybe he will send a bullet or two in your direction.

I was appaled by the comment earlier. You say you respect him for his ability? As a sniper, hes not that great. Two people have survived from shots that where fired at less then 100 yards. IF he was a good respectable marksmen, they would be dead.

Way to represent our boards Mr Moderator's. I have lost all respect for you.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MysticDarkElf [/i]
[B]I totally agree with Neil. Justo ne lil hting, if there are random kills then it is uncalled for and totally innocent people are dieing and its not right. Seconly if the targets were someoen connected with the killer he/she/they prolyl have some right to do what they did. I mean if it was my friend shot id be mad and wanna kill the sniper, that make me just same as the killer htemselfe, frankly i dont mind. hehe XD Well, wrapping up my lil rambling my opinion I think ya'll should back off of the people cuz ya dont even know them or their story. so think about it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with her. Only sometimes the tables are turned. Sometimes the people who are connected to the killer shouldn't be killed. I know that for a fact.

Look I've had a close friend murdered. Murder is murder, it brings pain to everyone.

I'm not going around flaming Neil or Ken for the thoughts, I too think the sniper has some skill, just no moral.

The killings them self are wrong....

[color=royalblue]This guy/girl being a good killer is what earns him/her respect?

I can understand [i]why[/i] you are saying that. But I have [i]no[/i] tolerance for someone who would shoot a 13 year old boy.

This murderer is a coward by any measure. I don't like cowards and I don't like people who go around shooting children especially.

That's all I can really say on the matter.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]Im weak and a sentimental fool for feeling sorry for someone who was gundown for no apprarant reason? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hah. I said I [b]could[/b], not that I [b]am[/b]. By all means, have com compassion for those lost, but don't damn or denounce what you don't know.

[B]Thats whats wrong with our world today, no one cares anymore. [/B][/QUOTE]

Who says? Maybe what's wrong with the world today is all of the people preaching. Most kids today walk outside of the law because adults, teachers, and other people are trying to control their moral being.

[B]If you like the guy so much, maybe he will send a bullet or two in your direction.[/B][/QUOTE]

Bring it.

[B]I was appaled by the comment earlier. You say you respect him for his ability? As a sniper, hes not that great. Two people have survived from shots that where fired at less then 100 yards. IF he was a good respectable marksmen, they would be dead[/B][/QUOTE]

Who said he/she was aiming to kill...?

[B]Way to represent our boards Mr Moderator's. I have lost all respect for you. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wait, people have respect for me now?

Oh, by the way, you're just proving my point. Narrow-minded fools such as yourself who can't realise that I have a right to believe what I want are the true plague to this Earth. Back off.

[B]Im weak and a sentimental fool for feeling sorry for someone who was gundown for no apprarant reason?[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Yeap..

But I was talking about his skill as a serial killer o.- Not a sniper.
And I really do enjoy the fact that he is one of a few that do it.

If any of you have a problem with that, I dont care, and you're wrong in doing so. I let you have your veiws, even if they impose on my livelyhood- Which this is not. But it proves how much YOU care if people around you cant even have something differing from what you think is God's Standpoint, your own.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]The thing is, you present your views in such a belligerent way.... [/B][/QUOTE]

So? You're blaming me for rightiously defending what I believe in? Eh, to each his own, I suppose. Which, suprisingly, is what this main argument is all about. *fake gasp*

Righteously defending? You're being very childish about things that really shouldn't be treated as such. "So there"? Please don't try to convince me that had to be there.

Your posts make your point, and they do it well, for the most part. But people wouldn't be quite so shocked and furious if you did it calmly instead of throwing in little gems like "[b] **** OFF. Must I put it any clearer? I think I need to. ... He and I have a problem with you all being goody-goods. So back the **** off before I get all moral.[/b]"

I went through all your posts here, and if you just read them objectively, they're fine. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I see where you're coming from. But people are bound to take them personally. Which you then respond to with more challenges....and the whole thing starts over again.