Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest PizzaGuy
Posted
[B][SIZE=1]I am new here, and even I am pretty sure that this should go in Dragonball. It is about a Dragonball model. Maybe I am wrong though. :p A similar thing heppened to me, I was putting together a Gundam model when *snap* I broke the V-fin in half. Of course that isn't as important as the outer thigh. :0

-Dan[/SIZE][/B]
Posted
[color=red] No, I think this is practical in this forum since it may cover more than just DBZ action figures. Although I think this will cause rather dry discussion, I will allow it to be kept open, since it does not break any rules.[/color]
Posted
it's about models i genral, so this is okay.

um...................................no, i cant say i have ever had this problem. i cant say that this is going to be the most succesful thread, and, as AL said, this will causedry discussion. oh well, you have me in your sig, VR, so great.
Posted
I used to buy models a lot when I was younger. Seemed like half of them were always missing a part... Especially the cheaper ones. I never had problems like that with models of Japanese shows I got at hobby shops... Macross and those super deformed robot guys... I forget what they were called (they have like a million video games though).
Posted
[size=1]

I never got into the models. I just thought they were boring and to do them you needed a lot of patience, which I don't have. I would probably end up smashing it into pieces before I finished the thing.[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]Models are the most time consuming, boring, and quite frankly annoying thing ever. If you lose one piece then there goes the whole model. As you can tell, I don't like models. [/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]well, my brother lost a lot of my Lego pieces to my favorite models back when I used to collect them.....yeah, it's a bummer.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][color=#666666]My brother had some LEGO sets...I just mostly used the freeform stuff. LEGOs are arguably the best toy ever.[/color][/size]
Posted
I had a big problem with the parts on my Heavyarms Gundam model. I broke the chest cover when I was putting it together and the clip didn't work on the side, so that was busted. Then the arms kept wanting to fall off, and the whole model was pretty weak and loose. I had them displayed over my bed and one day it fell on my face while I was sleeping and it totally fell apart. I had glued the chest on, and it fell off along with the head that went somewhere and various other parts that fell all over, not to mention waking me up...
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Hmm. . no one has mentioned puzzles yet. . lol. I always seem to pick the puzzle out of the closet that is missing the most pieces. I don't know where they go, they just. . *poof* vanish~

As for LEGO (yes, I have LEGO - they rule, and I have been collecting them for quite some time now ^_^), I have a few sets that are missing their original pieces, and they ALWAYS have to be the hardest to get pieces. Many pieces you can re-order from LEGO themselves, but the ones I usually seem to lose are really wierd ones O.o Although - I always seem to have one or two different colored pieces that are exactly the same - so I don't know why I worry so much. I had one big ship for a space collection that was missing one very small piece. I found a duplicate, but it was in a different color. Oh well ^_^ I used it, and you can hardly notice the difference. It is a piece that is pretty much covered up by other pieces.

As for models - I only know of one set that I got screwed on, it seemed that they forgot to give me a whole sheet of pieces. So I ended up with a model that was. . very tacky. A jet model that was missing it's tail fin, and some other things. . . it was rather sad. Hmm. . come to think of it, I did have an AT-ST model that was a snap-fit set. It . . didn't snap, or fit, now that I think about it. wierd. . just the way those things work. Oh yeah, and when I did get it together - via superglue and other tricks - it was lopsided. . LOL!![/SIZE][/COLOR]
Guest cloricus
Posted
The worst thing, doing a 3000 peace puzzle and it missing a peace!!!
(The peace turned up two weeks later and I finished it but at the time I was annoyed.)

-Lord Epssy
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]...I had one big ship for a space collection that was missing one very small piece. I found a duplicate, but it was in a different color. Oh well ^_^ I used it, and you can hardly notice the difference. It is a piece that is pretty much covered up by other pieces...[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]my favorite LEGO model I have is this model called the Alien Avenger, I think. I let my brother play with it, and he ended up losing, like, 5 of the pieces. he then proceeded to play with my other space model (I forget what it's called now), and lost a couple of pieces to that one, too. ah, sweet memories.....:bash:

I don't like the LEGO models they have out now. they all seem stupid. seems like the only models they have nowadays have to do with Star Wars and Harry Potter, both of which I'm sick of seeing all the merchandise.[/FONT]
Posted
Haha it was My gundam model..well all of them except Wing Zero and DeathScythe..
I broke Altron's horn thingies and Heavy-arms's waist belt.
Darn. lol
Posted
My ps2 is missing a microchip. j/k. lol.

My old t.v. really is missing a few buttons and the ones that are still there don't work. We have to use a remote.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PizzaGuy [/i]
[B][B][SIZE=1]-Dan[/SIZE][/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

.....
.....

.....
.....

That is EXACTLY how I end ALL ym e-mails and text-messages.. you damn ENDING STEALER!!!.

in case there's any doubt in your mind, I AM only kidding ;) about the 'ending stealer' bit..

but back to the topic, no, I've never had that problem. back in the days when I used models, I lost the [i]instructions[/i] once, but not any of the peices..
Posted
I don't know about models, but I have Legos and K-nex. I don't use Legos much anymore, because they fall apart too easily, and that's why I'm always losing pieces. I think I like K-nex better.
Posted
When I was putting together my Lamborghini Murciélgo model...BOOM..1 of the tires were missing.After I turn my house upside down I ask my brother.He said he was playing a prank on me.I asked him where he put it.....[QUOTE]I don't know[/QUOTE] (Damn now I wish I was Blinx the Time Sweeper and go back and get it).Now I officialy hate him.
Posted
I put togher a heavy arms custom...painted it and everything...it was exactly like the one on tv....the next day it fell of my desk and my mom threw a way the whole right leg...so now i have a heavy arms cusotm with one leg...lol. Well i was mad so i can see your point!
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]Ah yes... when I was like... eight, I was a complete.. tomboy...
I bought some lego sets... and tried to put them together.

eh heh. I always have an urge to break the model each time I put it together... even if I don't, I always end up breaking my cousin's models by accident :bluesweat:[/color] [/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Ah I never really have problems with my models though the only time I did break one was with the Altron Gundam. One of the arms joints broke at one point, I had to buy a new gundam model out of anger of having it defected. Umm how are those DBZ models? I never have tried to build one.
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]I don't get it... are dbz models those... figures you build? Like... arms, legs, head?
or is it like... some lego thingy?
I have no knowladge of models...mind my insanity @_@;;[/color] [/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...