OtakuBoards

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers...

MarkM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]He wasn't even [spoiler]in that big battle (helms deep) o_O[/spoiler].[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b][spoiler]He wasn't in the battle in the book. Frodo wasn't a main part in this book. It mainly focused around Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, as the movie did.[/spoiler][/b][/color]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b][spoiler]He wasn't in the battle in the book. Frodo wasn't a main part in this book. It mainly focused around Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, as the movie did.[/spoiler][/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Ah, I see, I just though the movie was cutting out scenes. I actually own all of the books, I think. They are my brothers, and I'm thinking about maybe reading them.

Edit: Hey, something to do over break! ^_^ ::runs to get the books::

[color=red][b]You must read the book. Don't read the individual parts, then you will finish one and prolly not get around to the others. Read the whole 1000 page book, like it was ment to be.[/b][/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Actually, I heard the books were better than the movie... Which means I'm [i]definately[/i] going to read it.

By the way, lol Matt, I knew you'd change your avi/banner to LoTR! :whoops:[/color] [/size]

[color=green]thanks, now i've got something to do this break.
umm... how do you know they're beter if you haven't read them?

EDIT: oh, you said you heard, my bad.[/color]

[color=red][b]The books own the movies. This next part is about the fellowship, so i'm not going to bother to spoiler it. The scene where Boromir dies at the end of FotR, should have been at the beginning of TTT. But they chose to put that as and ending to FotR. [spoiler]Just like they chose to not put the scene were Frodo gets stung by the shelob at the end of TTT, where it was in the book.[/spoiler]

Oh ya, an I found this peice of bullsh¡t for you all to read: [url]http://www.twotowersprotest.org/index.html[/url]
you can guess what the site will be about by the url.[/b][/color]

"We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. "

WHAT THE F-ING HECK IS ...... ooooohhh...... >< that is the STUPIDEST pile of... doo doo I've heard or read in a VERY long time. Agh, idiots! Why are there so many IDIOTS in this world??!! Why?!!! !! Sensitivity my elbow; it's like they enjoy feeding off of sour pain--it's done. It's over with. YOU CAN'T UNDO IT. Hiding and trying to alter every detail in American life is NOT the answer to PROGRESSION. Gah, ... rrrgh, I need to go... hit something, or something. ::Storms off in disgust::

[color=deeppink] [size=1]*slaps forehead*
My god. They're not actually expecting us to-...

I didn't even notice the 'uncannyness' until now. It's the name of a book, and the towers never even fell! There were no terrorist action including planes, or anthrax. That's getting pretty pathetic how they're 'looking' for similarities just for more publicity now.

*sighs*[/color] [/size]

Read through the FAQs.
They said...

[quote]The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11.[/quote]
Then they said...

[quote]Many of our members are actually fans of JRR Tolkien's books[/quote]

If they were [b]really[/b] fans of Tolkien's books, they'd [B]know[/b] that the movie was named after a book written years ago, and not named to "capitalize on the tragedy of September 11."
The home page of this site has a little space set aside labeled "some of our feedback" where the only feedback quoted is somebody who supports their cause. How can they have Frequently Asked Questions that ask why they're doing this, but have only gotten positive feedback from visitors?

I'm gonna go take a nap. Wake me up either when the world makes sense or when I break a Guiness sleeping record... whichever comes first.

[color=red][b]While we are banned "The Two Towers", lets change the name of SW Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The word "attack" clearly related to the events of Sept. 11th. And the "II" clearly looks like the two towers. Change the name to The Empire Strikes Back 2.

I also thought of a name for the Two Towers after it is renames, it could be "The Merry Frolics of Frodo and Gollum". Hey, lets just ban every book with the words "two" and "towers" in them!

But seriously, changing the name of the movie, but keeping the names of the characters and keeping the story, would be some form of copywrite infringment. Those people are just fools.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][b]We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. [/b][/QUOTE]

[color=009966]GARH!! Those stupid little......That is absurd! That is ridiculous! That's just some BS! I suddenly have the urge to kick something.... *ends rant*

ANYwho, I was a little disappointed that they took out the last few chapters about [SPOILER]Frodo getting stung by Shelob, when Gandalf faced Saurmon and he recieved that ball thingy (I forgot what it was called.) In the book, he was stung at the end of TTT, then at the last sentence of the book, you find out that he's alive. I think it would've been better to show Frodo get stung, then end the movie and leave everyone in suspense about the next movie [i]Return of the King[/i], but that's my opinion.[/SPOILER][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]
Oooh and the dwarf jokes were funny, especially [spoiler]where he said, "Toss me." And Leggy stared at him oddly, "Toss me. Just... don't tell the elves."[/spoiler] And also, I liked that part, as someone else mentioned, where he said, [spoiler]"I've got seven!" (or...two), and Legolas said, "I've got nineteen."[/spoiler]
[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=green][SIZE=1][FONT=arial]

AIIIIIIEEE! [i]Jumps on Juu's head[/i]

He's mine! My own... my [i]presious...[/i]

Oy. Sorry 'bout that^^ BUt, Juu, its was Aragorn who did that;) And Gimli said [spoiler]"Oh, and dont tell the elf<------- Refering to Leggy;)[/spoiler]

I saw the mooooovie on the 18. I cannot tell how much I was pleased^^ My favorite part of the whole movie was when Legolas said [spoiler]"Would you like me to describe it for you? Or would you like me to get a box?" When he and Gimli were looking on to the Orcs/Uruk-Ai(sp?) and Gimli was to short to see over the wall.[/spoiler]

And I really liked the part where Gollum was having the argument with himself. I really... well... loved Gollum:blush: Dont ask why. He just looked so cute and innocent when he was captured by Faramir. BUT LEGGY RULES ALL!

I'm done.

Oh, and p.s. My dad, my cousin and I are seeing it again tomorrow to see the stuff we missed^^ Look out Leggy! Here I come!:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b]He's not American???? I must have missed something. lol[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

...Will remain calm. Will simply tell Matt that Peter Jackson is from New Zealand. Will also remind him that's where the whole thing was filmed.

You can't see me now, but I'm rubbing my temples.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiTrunks [/i]
[B][COLOR=green][SIZE=1][FONT=arial]

AIIIIIIEEE! [i]Jumps on Juu's head[/i]

He's mine! My own... my [i]presious...[/i]

Oy. Sorry 'bout that^^ BUt, Juu, its was Aragorn who did that;) And Gimli said [spoiler]"Oh, and dont tell the elf<------- Refering to Leggy;)[/spoiler]

I saw the mooooovie on the 18. I cannot tell how much I was pleased^^ My favorite part of the whole movie was when Legolas said [spoiler]"Would you like me to describe it for you? Or would you like me to get a box?" When he and Gimli were looking on to the Orcs/Uruk-Ai(sp?) and Gimli was to short to see over the wall.[/spoiler]

And I really liked the part where Gollum was having the argument with himself. I really... well... loved Gollum:blush: Dont ask why. He just looked so cute and innocent when he was captured by Faramir. BUT LEGGY RULES ALL!

I'm done.

Oh, and p.s. My dad, my cousin and I are seeing it again tomorrow to see the stuff we missed^^ Look out Leggy! Here I come!:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=009966]No way! Legolas is MINE!! ^^

lol I loved the part where Gollum was fighting with himself too. While I was watching that, I was thinking "That would make a good advertisement for theropy." Like they would show Gollum acting like that, then some announcer saying "Are you acting like this? Come see us at You Need Theropy." lol :haha:[/color]

AI-Yai-Yai! I just seen The Two Towers yesterday and....OML it was sooo sweet! I love it how Gimli is more of the Comic Relief in this one, in the last one it was Pippin (he's Scottish YEAH! and so is Gimli....i think o_O;; ). I loved this and think it is amazing, i just cant wait to play the game on Xmas Day :D. Oh yeah.....GOLLUM R0x0Rz! [spoiler]How do you spell Smiegal? Is it Smeegal/Smiegal/Smeigal/Smiegil I dunno :( i R0x0Rz anyway.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i]
[B]...
...Will remain calm. Will simply tell Matt that Peter Jackson is from New Zealand. Will also remind him that's where the whole thing was filmed.

You can't see me now, but I'm rubbing my temples. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I knew it was filmed in New Zealand, I just didn't know that's where he was from. No need to freak.[/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deedlit [/i]
[B][color=009966]No way! Legolas is MINE!! ^^
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

:therock: :nono: :evil3: :twitch:

[COLOR=red][FONT=arial][SIZE=4]

You lie![/SIZE][SIZE=1]

But anywho, it turns out we arent seeing movie again today:(

I really wanted Legolas to say my favorite line again and I want to see Gollum arguing with himself again.

But maybe we'll go on thursday!

[i]crosses fingers[/i]
:D

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=009966]Don't get down in the dumps, YYH. ^_- Some of my friends haven't seen it yet either.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinobi [/i]
[B]I loved this and think it is amazing, i just cant wait to play the game on Xmas Day :D. Oh yeah.....GOLLUM R0x0Rz! [spoiler]How do you spell Smiegal? Is it Smeegal/Smiegal/Smeigal/Smiegil I dunno :( i R0x0Rz anyway.[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=009966][spoiler]I think it's spelled as "Smeagle." ^_-[/spoiler]

Yeah, we got the game too. ^^ I can't believe my mom's making us wait until Christmas, though. Everyone knows that we already got it....Oh well. I just can't wait until I can play as Legolas! ^^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiTrunks [/i]
[B]:therock: :nono: :evil3: :twitch:

[COLOR=red][FONT=arial][SIZE=4]

You lie![/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=009966]'Tisn't a lie. It's the truth! Legolas is MINE no matter how much you hate me for it! :p

*hugs Legolas action figure* :love2:[/color]