OtakuBoards

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers...

MarkM

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I myself have heard from quite a few people that this movie is the best of the series. I am really looking forward to it, and just hope that I am not getting my hopes up. Don't get me wrong, the first movie was outstanding. I love the way they are doing the trilogy, so I don't think I will have a problem with some of the actors/actresses acting in a different way.

All in all, I will probably see this movie opening night =) Just the way we do things here with our group of friends =)[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OlgaTheDwarf [/i]
[B]I will camp out if I have to... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Heh, and I'll come with you.

As a big fan of Tolkien's books, and of the first movie, I'm looking forward to it a lot. I just hope they're able to squeeze everything from the book into the movie. I didn't like how they cut parts from the book, in the movie.[/color]

I'll see it no matter what. I loved the books and loved the first movie that came out. I thought that they did a really cool job on the black riders and the best on the Balrog (it looked so cool!!!). I also was disapointed when they cut out parts of the book. But it WAS too long to make into a movie so you can't blame them.

:DAs I said before I'm definantly going to see part two when it comes out no matter what :D.

OF COURSE I'LL SEE IT!Who is the Man I'm in love with,the Man that got me the nickname"The Ultimate Lover Of Leggy!"My Dad says I get to play hookie the day it comes out,I'm seeing it,even if I have to sit in the front seat,even with my neck aching.

I am currently Reading "The Return of the King"But the begining of the book is sorta boring,probably since I'm not a big fan of Pippin.Gandalf's Pretty cool,though:D But,By no doubt,"The Two Towers"Is the best book out of the Three(Not counting the Hobbit,which I despise):D

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I want to read the books, but I think if I started now, I would ruin the movies for myself. I am currently planning to wait until the last movie is released before I decide to read the books.

I am not a big fan of books at all *ducks from books being thrown his way* but this is definitely a series I want to read ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lauren [/i]
[B]even if I have to sit in the front seat,even with my neck aching.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, don't hassle the front row! Me and my friends [i]request[/i] the front-row middle seats when we get the tickets. Front row's the best.

And of course, it's always funny to have the usher come up to you and request you go back to your seats, and then you show 'em the ticket. Heh heh.

• 3 weeks later...
Oooh I loved the first movie of The Lord of the Rings and of course I'm going to see the second one! I've got the DVD for the first one too and I want to get the playstation 2 game for it:)
I've read all the books as well and even though some people say its really boring I don't think it is!:love:

[COLOR=deeppink]I have no plans to see this movie. I'm not interested in it at all, considering how much I [i]hated[/i] the first movie.

They took so many liberties in the last script... the Arwyn or whatever, no Bombadil, completely changing Pip and Merry's character (or at least it seems like it) and totally screwing up the time frames.[/COLOR]

Guest Imsirion
YAAAYSIEZ!!!!!
O coure I'm going to see it. I'm a huge Tolkien fan and I've read The Lord of the Rings twice, The Hobbit, The Silmarillian, His Beastiary and I'm looking for his other works. oh, and my names Elvish!
Imsirion<----- Elvish :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]I have no plans to see this movie. I'm not interested in it at all, considering how much I [i]hated[/i] the first movie.

They took so many liberties in the last script... the Arwyn or whatever, no Bombadil, completely changing Pip and Merry's character (or at least it seems like it) and totally screwing up the time frames.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Your evil.

and if you haven't figured out already, movies are never like their book predicesors. Never go into a movie expecting it to be exactly like the book[/b][/color]

i love the books and although no one could ever properly recreate the story in a movie i think their doing a good job so far.

does anyone know where i could get copies (the type you fram and hang up) of the orignal prints (the ones the opening views of rivendell and hobberton come from) cause as the saying goes 'a picture tells a thousand tales' and those pictures have well over a thousand to tell.

• 2 weeks later...