OtakuBoards

Soundtracks

Circ

[color=red][b]I really think soundtracks are a waste of money. They are just wanting to get people to see the movie by listening to the music. If you want the songs buy the song's artist's cd.[/b][/color]

Well, that may be a point of view. I personally never bought any soundtrack before seeing the movie, and liking the music.

I have bought many since this summer:
-Clockstoppers
-Scooby Doo
-Shrek
-Charlie's Angels
-Sister Act 2
-Lilo & Stitch

Plus a burned one of Bring It On my sister received, and that I'm the only to listen XD

It's quite recently that I've got interested in soundtracks... I wish I'd been sooner XD.

I love film and anime soundtracks. I live by 'em, more or less. Not just songs from flims, but scores too.

I have:
Shrek (songs and score)
Chicken Run
Antz
Hook
Star Wars (Episodes I (normal and SE), II and ROTJ special edition)
Digimon: The Movie
Transformers (songs and score)
Mysterious Cities of Gold
The Mummy Returns
Austin Powers 2
The Full Monty
Batman/Batman Returns
Beetlejuice
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Pokemon (US and Japanese scores) it's the music! The show's appauling)
Digimon Adventure
Lord of the Rings
Zoids
And lots of others that I can't remember or can't be bothered to list. As you can see, I don't think they're a waste of time. I love the music they have, and I like to be able to listen to it without having to watch the film. I've been disappointed by the last few music albums that I've bought- the best songs are often used in the films anyway. I think film music is great to listen to (mainly the orchestral stuff) because it conveys so much emotion and actually tells a story. Hook is the best score for that, I think.

I buy soundtracks if I know for a fact the songs on there are not on an artist's main albums.

I'd say the best soundtrack I can remember buying was for the movie Lost Highway. It has some nice Bowie, Rammstein and NIN tracks... plus a couple solo Trent songs. Spawn the Movie was another decent soundtrack.

Edit - I actually only own one more soundtrack, and that's for Nightmare Before Christmas. I can't believe I forgot that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]And lots of others that I can't remember or can't be bothered to list. As you can see, I don't think they're a waste of time. I love the music they have, and I like to be able to listen to it without having to watch the film. I've been disappointed by the last few music albums that I've bought- the best songs are often used in the films anyway. I think film music is great to listen to (mainly the orchestral stuff) because it conveys so much emotion and actually tells a story. Hook is the best score for that, I think. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not really an anime/series music fan (except maybe Beyblade, go ahead, lapidate me) However, I too like to listen to the music and remember the movie.

Even a quite bad movie cann have good music. Even though I enjoyed Clockstioppers, and even watched it again two times, it's not the movie I'd go back and back to watch (how more brainless can you fall?). The music was still good (and I finally got All th small things:D).

Scooby Doo was certainly worth buying, as almost all the album was original.

I'm not sure if I'm going to buy Stuart Little 2...

Hmm... I was thinking about getting The Lilo and Stitch soundtrack. I love 'Suspicious Minds'. It's an oldie, but I really like it. Alan Silvestri did the score, too. Good stuff.

I've not seen Scooby Doo. I never really had any interest in the series (scratch that- I loathed it), and I didn't really want to sit through the movie to listen to the music. I'm not often a fan of modern music, either. But I like some stuff. I'll have to see if I can have a listen to it somewhere...

You can find many soundtrack listings on the [URL=http://www.imdb.com]Internet Movie Database[/URL].

But Hey, I've got the CD right here:
-Shaggy, Where are you (Shaggy)
-Land of a million drums (Outkast +features) weird, but cool
-Lil'Romeo's B House (Lil'Romeo featuring Master P)
-Thinking about you (Salange/Murphy Lee)
-Words to Me (Sugar Ray) the one you ear the longest, as it's litteraly sung in the movie
-Freaks comes out at night (Uncle Kracker featuring Busta Rhymes)
-Bump in the Night (Allstars) one of my favorites
-henever you feel like it (Kylie Minogue)
-It's a mystery (Little T and one track mike)
-Scooby D (Baha Men) Certainly not their best...
-Man with the Hex (The Atomic Fireball) Again, my second favorite
-Grow up (Simple Plan) Definitely my favorite
-Scooby Doo, Where are you? (MXPX)
-Mystery Inc. (David Newman) Musical heard at the beginning of the movie, during the chasing scene in the Toy factory

And anyway, you wouldn't have got a good chance to appreciate the music by listening the movie: most of the songs are heard 10-20 seconds, which is most time a shame:confused:

As for the serie, yeah, I must admit it's not that good. However, I quite like the new one: "What's new Scooby Doo".

And finally, Lilo & Stitch, Personnally, I'm not really a fan of the King, but several other songs and musical makes it definitely worth it.

[FONT=arial]I think the only soundtrack I've gotten is the Star Wars:Episode 1 soundtrack, I love that song they play when Darth Maul is fighting the Jedi :D. and the City of Angels soundtrack is pretty good. anime-wise, I really like Trigun and one or two of the Fushigi Yuugi soundtracks (particularly the Vocal Memories one; I think that's what it's called). I just get MP3's to any other anime songs I like and burn 'em onto CD's.[/FONT]

Soundtracks. Well, ok.

Shrek. Harry Potter. Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical eppie. Cats. (my sister) Some really old Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast ones. (the family) The Breakfast Club and one other. (my dad)

Yeah, I can say I listen to soundtracks. Oh yeah, Star Trek: First Contact (my sister)

I personally don't own any, even though I DID steal the Cats CD(s) from my sister and am currently teaching myself to hit a D two octaves up. (Do you know how high that is?)

~!*Sere*!~

I buy soundtracks... I like instrumental ones better than music ones like SpiderMan or Spawn or whatever.... Like I have all the Jurrassic Park ones... I would have bought the Harry Potter, Braveheart and... Final Fantasy ones if I didn't download them first... oh yeah, i have all the Star Wars soundtracks too.

John Williams is an amazing composer. His stuff tends to sound the same after a while, but it's still great, and I don't blame him because it's hard to keep coming up with original music. And he's English! I'm not really a fan of James Horner. Apart from the fact that he ripped off Schindler's List in...oh...that film about WWII snipers (starred Ed Harris and Bob Hoskins), his music's all fairly samey to me.

I think Hook's the best John Williams score. Episode II's my favourite, though, even though it needed more Duel of the Fates.

I Have quite the list of soundtracks in my collection from Rush Hour 2, to the Wild Wild West.
My next target is checking out that 8Mile soundtrack sounds pretty cool.
My friend had a jukebox and we listened to 2 songs on the 8Mile soundtrack. 1)Eminem's freestyle he made long ago but it has the "Cleaning out my Closet" beat to it, and 2) we listened to "Lose Yourself" and it sounds pretty cool. So, I'm gonna check it out

Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X are the only soundtracks I want (but I do have FFX).
I also loved the music from Star Wars (all of the movies) and I have Episode 1 and 2 on CD....I also liked the music from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone....John Williams also did the music for that too.

Game soundtracks can be good. Most FF composistions don't interest me all that much, but I download the ones that do. I've only bought one game soundtrack, and that was Dragon Quest VII Piano Suite. Pretty good stuff. Koichi Sugiyama is probably my favorite composer.

I've always wanted the Earthbound soundtrack too. I thought I was going to win it on eBay a couple weeks ago... In the last couple hours or so it went from $15 to over $60. Oh well heh.