Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Anybody here love System of a Down? I just bought their CD, "Toxicity" and I love it! I really like the track "Psycho", it's very amusing to me...
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]
I've got over half of that CD on my hard drive. They are my new favorite right now. The songs I mostly listen to are Shimmy and ATWA.
[/color][/size]
Posted
Heh, System of a Down are awesome. Can't go past the likes of Chop Suey and Deer Dance... Not to mention their hilarious take on the Legend of Zelda.
Posted
As far as I can tell, that isn't System of a Down that did that Zelda song. I've seen things to lead me to believe it was actually Mr. Bungle, and it actually sounds like something Patton would do anyway (all the bands he is in wind up covering a lot of strange songs in some way - Peewee's Big Adventure comes to mind).

As for System, I'd say Toxicity was one of my top LPs for that year. The lyrics were somewhat simplistic if you think about it, but they cut to the point fast. I know all of the members of the band are talented, but it's like they are trying hard not to be... much like The Pixies used to do. For that reason, I can understand why a lot of people do not like System of a Down.

Spiders, Sugar, Peephole, Innervision, Aerials and countless others are all good songs.
Posted
I enjoy listening to them once in a while because they sound amusing in a lot of their songs...off the wall kinda crazy. I like Suggestions, Sugar, War, The Metro, Toxicity, and Spiders from their works so far.

Checked out their first album a while ago...it's really different from Toxicity...almost turned away when I heard Suite-Pee and Soil.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]As far as I can tell, that isn't System of a Down that did that Zelda song. I've seen things to lead me to believe it was actually Mr. Bungle, and it actually sounds like something Patton would do anyway.[/B][/QUOTE]

Are you certain? Because it sure as hell sounds exactly the same as SOAD.
Posted
Download some Fantomas or Mr. Bungle. There are times when they sound [i]really[/i] similiar in terms of the main vocals Serj does. I assumed they were System of a Down at first as well, but when searching for information on it... I found even more things making me think it was really Mr. Bungle.

But at the same time, it has this midi sound to it. Mr. Bungle never had any songs that had that. At the least, they used a normal piano.

I wonder if we'll ever really know lol. I guess it could really be either band, or something else entirely.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]To semi-quote from the Simpsons:

Worst band ever.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Ahh! Just ruin everybody's fun TN:D I thought so for a while when I first heard Chop Suey. They were just totally off-beat but then I heard the chorus, which is actually pretty cool, and the song itself is kinda funny the way it stop, then speeds up etc. Does anyone have the lyrics to Chop Suey and Aerials?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]Ahh! Just ruin everybody's fun TN:D I thought so for a while when I first heard Chop Suey. They were just totally off-beat but then I heard the chorus, which is actually pretty cool, and the song itself is kinda funny the way it stop, then speeds up etc. Does anyone have the lyrics to Chop Suey and Aerials? [/B][/QUOTE]

You might want to check this out...[URL=http://www.systemofadown.com]System of a down[/URL]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I love System of a Down. They have such a great sound, and their songs are just awesome. I have yet to get their CD *looks around* but . . hey, you never know =)

*points up a post* Thanks for the link to their site love ^_^ [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
This is already reminding me of the last System thread. Most people were praising, TN said he hated them (it was a lot longer last time though heh) and then more praise ensued lol.

If you like them, you might as well just buy the CDs. There are only two LPs out by them. I still see Toxicity on sale for $8.99 sometimes, and that's with the extra DVD (which is massively disappointing by the way).
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]This is already reminding me of the last System thread. Most people were praising, TN said he hated them (it was a lot longer last time though heh) and then more praise ensued lol.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Dear Lord, history is repeating itself... o_O;
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i]
[B]Dear Lord, history is repeating itself... o_O; [/B][/QUOTE]

YES! I'll always get my word in when dealing with this crappy excuse for a band. My best friends like them, it's so horrible. Sometimes I feel like disowning them. lol. I've given my reasons why you shouldn't like this band, apart fromt he terrible singing and absolute ugliness of them in a whole. The singing is what gets me. HORRID! HOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIDDDDDD! he should really get some vocal lessons. The rest of them are ok.
Posted
[b]System of a Down didn't do that Legend of Zelda song, although it was incredibly funny.

I only like a select few of System of a Down's songs, at the moment my favourites are chop suey, toxicity and aerials. I must say, chop suey is certainly, different..[/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]YES! I'll always get my word in when dealing with this crappy excuse for a band. My best friends like them, it's so horrible. Sometimes I feel like disowning them. lol. I've given my reasons why you shouldn't like this band, apart fromt he terrible singing and absolute ugliness of them in a whole. The singing is what gets me. HORRID! HOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIDDDDDD! he should really get some vocal lessons. The rest of them are ok. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, come on. Not everyone here likes... I dunno... [I]Gackt[/I], but we don't make a big fuss about it. :P
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final Flash [/i]
[B]Oh, come on. Not everyone here likes... I dunno... [I]Gackt[/I], but we don't make a big fuss about it. :P [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't make topics about how great he is though either so blah :p
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I don't make topics about how great he is though either so blah :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Touche... Nice banner, by the way.
Posted
I will admit their vocals are no symphony, but i like the music. It's mediocre i guess but i liked spiders alot, this whole new soad wave is killing me. Though if you are just getting into them thats fine, but i know some people who don't like them and say they do because they are soad.
Posted
i ike the first and third track. forgot names. its like prison and the n track 3 is like riot or something. i love 3 though.


pushing little children with thier fully automatics
they like to push the weak around........
Posted
System is amazing, plan and simple. I saw them live last Winter, one of the best live bands I've ever seen, second only to the Rolling Stones, thou I've probobly seen other shows that where also better and was to wasted to remember, BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT. The point is they are amazing, and Sugar is one of the greatest songs ever.

SHUGA!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...