OtakuBoards

Haiku

kagome

[color=blue]Haiku are extremely short poems written in 17 syllables or fewer, often (but not necessarily) arranged in three lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables each. Haiku make use of concrete imagery or sensations, not abstractions or metaphors, and are often (though not always) concerned with the natural world. [/color]

Anyone intrested in making haiku?

[b]this is mine:[/b]

Just a simple wish
Can make a child happy
Brings a smilie face

With a gentle breeze
The leaves drop from the bare tree
Creating Beauty...

It's not good but it was done in about 2 minutes so oh well

Personally I'm split on Haikus...Its either they are really beuatiful or they are horrible. It takes one mistake to butcher and make the whole thing sound choppy, so I respect anyone who can truly make a Haiku how it was ment to be!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]With a gentle breeze
The leaves drop from the bare tree
Creating Beauty...

It's not good but it was done in about 2 minutes so oh well

Personally I'm split on Haikus...Its either they are really beuatiful or they are horrible. It takes one mistake to butcher and make the whole thing sound choppy, so I respect anyone who can truly make a Haiku how it was ment to be! [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think your haiku was bad, as a matter of fact I liked it.

Here's mine:

A nice pleasant thought
Comes to mind, upon this time
Here at long life's end

Hey thanks for the compliment, and I'm not trying to be playing favorites but personally I think yours is the best! I liked it alot! Also Heavan Cloud's was good!

Hm...Now to think of another Haiku...

Whisping around free
Carelessly around the world
Human minds wander

Ugh...worse than the first oh well

[color=red]I rather loathe Haikus, but hey, I'll give it a shot.

[i]Rippled rips of rip
a crimson light upon thy placed wound
falling dreams of uncouth test [/i]

See...I suck at Haikus. It is to short of room to convey anything that is a strongly feral emotion.[/color]

Ah but the contrary is true. It is perfect length to express true emotions. Its just in the ability of the writer. I myself can not truly write a Haiku like it is supposed to be written and don't expect anyone here to just for the simple fact that it is an art that must be worked on long and hard, but when perfected is the most beautiful of all poetry. Its funny how so few words can potray such strong emotion...

And now I get mad. We had to do science poems and I did six Haikus. I am the Haiku goddess. But, Mr. Bond (evil rubber duckie he is) didn't give us our poems back, and now I only remember 2. One really, and part of one other. Edit. The minute after I was forced off the internet, I remembered the whole haiku. ^^;;

Anthropomorphic
Human from to non-live things
New words every day!

Organic compounds
Chains and rings and many things
Carbon skeletons

*~*~~``

And just an improv one:

Posting a reply.
Why does a poem go quick?
Only the few know.

Your eyes are lovely
Your lips so soft and perfect
Your voice my calling

Love comes like a breeze
A soft whisper to your soul
Tender kisses sweet

I watch the blood flow
From my wrists, arms, and my soul
I savor the pain

And that's all I can think of before my brain begins to rot from lack of sleep. *looks at the clock which says 3:07am*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Ah but the contrary is true. It is perfect length to express true emotions. Its just in the ability of the writer. I myself can not truly write a Haiku like it is supposed to be written and don't expect anyone here to just for the simple fact that it is an art that must be worked on long and hard, but when perfected is the most beautiful of all poetry. Its funny how so few words can potray such strong emotion... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] You are very right. It depends on the writer, and practice. I'm certain that if I started writing Haikus for about a month, I would get at least one good one out of the bunch. But I find Haikus to be limiting to me. I don't like having to follow a set amount of rules because it ruins my creative flare when I write.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeLover [/i]
[B][color=red]
[i]Deeply folded skin of purge
become but nothing of a pain learned
and fall upon what seeds[/i]

I tried...;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

See you arn't bad! And yes I see what you are saying and respect it. Sorry I don't have another Haiku, even if I thought they were good, I just can't think at the moment, just got home from the Highschool football game...:drunk:

OH and Britty I like the second Haiku you did