Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, I made a playlist of 416 of my songs and it totaled to 30 hours, 19 minutes, and 2 seconds. I now have 557 songs. :) How many songs do you have?
Posted
Strange, probably useless topic... But anyway, I have 2181 tracks in my playlist, totalling about 130 hours 33 minutes 25 seconds according to Winamp. I recently deleted a lot of stuff too... I think I have way too many songs on here. Strage thing is, I've ripped almost all of them myself.
Posted
[color=red][b]I don't know for myself, but I have a friend who has 1000 (exactly) songs on his playlist. He has no life.[/b][/color]
Posted
Oh, you call that little no life? I have a friend who seriously has at LEAST a million songs. If you can name ANY band, ANY music artist, I will bet you that he's got most if not all of their songs. :)
Posted
:nervous: Crazy... That's over 4 terabytes...

I almost have 1,500 songs...much more if I hadn't reformatted b/c of circumstance. A lot of them are just ripped from the CD's in my small library b/c I like creating mixes and stuff like that in my spare time. Plus it protects the original CD's from wear and tear.
Posted
Yeah, he burnt LOTS of CD's. :-D He also had like 500GB in hard drive space, lol. So many hard drives, I think he had like 2 80GB ones in his computer, and a bunch of removable ones. :)
Posted
I've got you [i]all[/i] beat! I've got 18 songs on my playlist! :p
Then I think I've got only a handful of songs that aren't on my playlist.

I've got 4 total GB of space on my HD, and only 1GB remaining. I tend to delete old songs frequently and burn a lot of them on CD for later.
Posted
[color=royalblue]I don't keep many MP3s. I only have about 20 or something.

Instead, all my music is on CD. And I don't tend to burn MP3s onto CD because I don't agree with piracy.

So, I buy all my CDs. I've lost count of how many CDs I have...my study and bedroom are overflowing with them. lol[/color]
Posted
I have 4,594 mp3s totalling about 26.8 gigs.

I have the best organised mp3 library that I have seen.

Keep in mind though, I have about 100 CDs that I do not have encoded on my computer. So yeah, I have alot of songs.
Posted
[b]I have something like 200 songs on my playlist if I stick them all in winamp, but mostly I keep 20 or so on my playlist at a time.

I would have a lot more if my computer survived the whole Napster 'era' where I had almost 300 mp3s.[/b]
Posted
I've never downloaded music. Like James, I don't agree with piracy. I was furious when I found out my Digimon soundtracks were pirates by SonMay. I didn't want to listen to them after that. But there's not much I can do about it now, save posting them all back with an angry letter...bomb. I'm very careful now about where I get my stuff from. In terms of CDs, I have over 60, and that's rising steadily with the impending arrival of the second 2 Zoids ones, and some others I'm considering. But, I haven't included the ones I don't listen to any more or ones I've disassociated myself from (Chumbawumba? What was I thinking?) I don't want to think about what the running times of all that is, seeing as they're all over 45 mins long...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]I've never downloaded music. Like James, I don't agree with piracy. I was furious when I found out my Digimon soundtracks were pirates by SonMay. I didn't want to listen to them after that. But there's not much I can do about it now, save posting them all back with an angry letter...bomb. I'm very careful now about where I get my stuff from. In terms of CDs, I have over 60, and that's rising steadily with the impending arrival of the second 2 Zoids ones, and some others I'm considering. But, I haven't included the ones I don't listen to any more or ones I've disassociated myself from (Chumbawumba? What was I thinking?) I don't want to think about what the running times of all that is, seeing as they're all over 45 mins long... [/B][/QUOTE]

I will agree with you. Despite the fact it seems i have the most mp3s here, or at least out of those who have posted, my mp3s aren't the songs you can easily find here in the US. Well maybe in certain places, but not where I live. Most of my mp3s consist of Japanese songs and other foreign songs, either live or just plain rare.

Oh and to help protect you from anymore bootleg CDs from Taiwan, I suggest you go read my bootleg guide [url]http://64.26.57.193/buyguide/index.html[/url] on my site. That will give you a low down on the major bootlegging companies and what they do and how they work.
Posted
Thanks, TN. That's a great help. I know who the companies to look out for (or rather, not look out for) are now. Thanks! I don't want to discredit anime music any more. I have one Ever Anime one as well. Damn! Never mind. I do really like the music, if that's any consolation to the official record company.

Actually, another thing to look out for is dodgy pictures- my Digimon 02 Version 2's 'mirrored' at two edges. And it's a dodgy case. But I only paid $11 for it, so I can't expect much for it really...

Anyway, I've estimated that I must have over 46 and a half hours of music on all my CDs, Give or take a day.
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]I have between 700 and 800 cds. That's right [I]cds[/I]. Full ones. Anyone want to work out how many songs that would average out as? (Upwards of 10 000 if anyone is really interested) Basically, my father works for a newpaper, that does cd reviews. We tend to get between 5 and 20 cds a week. I've only got around 350 mp3s though.[/font][/color]
Posted
What do you use to download your songs?


I use Morpheus, it's the coolest; KaZaa is cool too, though.

And oh yeah, I have 39 hours, 13 minutes, and 14 seconds of songs.
Posted
I've got 1,775 MP3s. I have no clue how many are ripped by myself, maybe around 400? Yeah, pathetic, I know. But when you have to pay $30 per CD, let's see how many you can rip -_-

And Transtic's guide is kickass if you plan on purchasing foreign CDs.
Posted
A little off-topic here: Is there a limit as to much downloaded media (not just MP3s but videos as well) you can have on your PC?

Anyways, I have about maybe 517 MP3s but that's barely half my list.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]A little off-topic here: Is there a limit as to much downloaded media (not just MP3s but videos as well) you can have on your PC?[/B][/QUOTE]

However much your hard drive can hold.
Posted
I think the question for me is less "How much music do I have" and more "How much of it do I actually listen to".. Not a lot.. -_-.. and I don't download songs much anymore.. but when I did I think I got to about 40 then couldn't be bothered with more..
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Umm. . *scratches forehead* I have . . . like, no music. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to almost all types of music, I just prefer instead to waste my money on tons of other random stuff.

I buy a lot of video games, some random assortmants of movies and dvds. Most of my money now goes to bills that I am forced to pay for -- almost 3/4ths of my money each month goes to bills, the rest, to random other junks that I decide to waste my money on =) [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
If you count all the CDs owned by the family, then plenty. I used to listen to them all the time, and listen to the FM radio excessively, but now I tend to do other things. I still appreciate certain kinds of music when I hear it. If family possessions are not counted, all I have is 35 casettes recorded off the radio.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...