Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Is it just me, or is anyone else totally pumped about winter comming. I have this massive urge to go snowboarding. First sign of snow, me and my buddys are loading up the saab wagon and heading to the slopes. GOD I love winter!
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
I like winter, except I hate the cold weather. Lol. Snow ball fights are really cool. :D I wouldnt say Im pumped, but I really want snow to come. :-D
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE SNOW!! I was born in Michigan where there was always snow around. I miss it now. When we first moved to Tennessee, it snowed like. . a half an inch if not a LOT less. Well, almost everything in the state closed down. . Our whole family was like -- WHY?! This is what you people are flipping over? -- LOL. . that was funny.

Anyways, we have not had too much snow lately. . but cold weather is DEFINITELY prefered over summer heat. I really hope that we get a lot of snow, but if we don't, I at least hope for many months of very cold weather *nods*

Oh, and Snow Angels are the best (I love Angels. . . ) [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
I can wait forever. Guess you get's to shovel the crap? [i]Me[/i].

I've had enough of it in my life. Snow in Chicago sucks hard, especially if you drive.
Posted
I live in California... near San Francisco. We either get rain, or cold sunny days. (The sun's out and it's cold as hades. I hate that!)

Maybe I'll take a vacation and go somewhere where it snows. I've never seen snow before.
Guest SunRiZe
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][color=darkred] ...we don't [i]have[/i] snow where I come from, and we're just going into Summmer...guess where I live.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] \

you would be living in the same area as me. The southern hemisphere lol.

Anyway, winters been and gone here, no snow as usuall. I am always more pumped up for summer. Warm weather, and a nice large swimming pool out the back. :cool:
Posted
[b]I find it too hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter..

We haven't had a proper snowfall in London in almost 10 years, so I suspect this year isn't going to be any different. I like to do martial arts training just before it starts to get deep into winter, as I stay nice and cool, so I can go for longer.[/b]
Posted
Ugh. Snow. Can't enjoy the backyard snow due to the fact that the dog's toilet is the outside, and I DON'T relish the fact of walking HOME in snow. Or waiting for the bus. Or sleeping in my room, due to the fact that my ghosts don't allow any hot air to seep into my room (*realization* No [I]wonder[/I] I have so many blankets . . . OO;;), but there IS Christmas to look foward too. And All Hallow's Eve isn't fun, because it's an Oklahoman tradition to have it snow on All Hallow's Eve and rain on Friday the 13th. (So there was that one year where it rained AND snowed on the same day.) And actually, Oklahoma doesn't get that GOOD snow, the type that makes perfect snowballs. We get powder (dusty and it sticks like--yeah), or slush (squishy). Not cool.
Posted
I agree with Sere's general opinion, minus the snowball fight. I just [b]hate[/b] winter, final.

The worst is that here, in Quebec, we get all the weird weather these years. Last year, it didn't really snowed before half-december 0_o (one month later than normally). Besides, Sere, the problem would rather be the temparature, not the snow itself. I assume Oklahoma must have pretty cold winters?
Posted
Last year and the year before last, we kept having snow and then having it thaw out, to just have more snow dumped on us. We're [I]still[/I] trying to fix the pot caverns in the road.

And, if last year (and the year before that), are going to be repeated this year, than I hope we stock up on the sand/salt mixture. Last year we ran out of the mixture . . . and we drop in temperature. Lots. Enough to have me sick (or at least snuffly) for two months straight. However, one summer we got up to 115 degrees so . . . we never stay the same way. I'll just have to see what it's like.
Posted
[color=red] As I said before, here in Bismarck, North Dakota it snowed about three inches a few days ago. But it is mostly melted now. Snow is fine, as long as there isn't to much. To much makes everything outside hard. I do rather enjoy sitting inside by a warm fire when there's a blizzard or snow going down outside. Just something cool about that. Also I like to catch up on a Video Game, or read a book.[/color]
Posted
I prefer winter to summer. Mind you, I live on the south coast of England, where we're lucky if we get snow once a year, let alone once a week. I think that cold winds are much nicer than hot humidness. At least with cold weather you can get warm again- if it's hot, it's hot and there's not much you can do about it. Trouble is, our winters aren't so much cold as wet. We had a good day of snow last year, and that was it. I'd love to see more. I know it can be a problem, but if it's at Christmas when no-one's going out then it's not too bad. So winter's a plus for me. I don't get colds, either. But I do get hayfever. Horrible...
Posted
Down here, two weeks ago, it was so very sunny. I was still wearing sunglasses. It wasn't particularly warm, but it sure was sunny. Now, we've just had two torrential downpours in as many days. The weather changes really quickly. Lets hope for no more floods this year.
Posted
lol... I cant wait for the Snow... I've been waiting for Snow since back in March when it began Melting....

I like-a the cold weather... gots to be round 10 to -20 for me to be comphy...
But tha's just me... I have the insulation for it...
Jus call me Dr. Freeze from now on...
On second thought... I think I'll stick with the one I have now... it's "cooler"... lol... (yes... pun intended ;))
Posted
[color=red][b]Snow is bad. I live in massachusetts and we just got 4 inches last night. It's not even Halloween yet. I am pissed. Snow comes every year and in big amounts. It is a pain in the arse to deal with and the roads get slippery as hell. Snow = BAD[/b][/color]
Posted
I like summer because you get out of school but I also like winter because of snow. I like skiing and snowboarding and having snow days. I'll even have a snowball fight every now and then.
Posted
[color=red][b]I want to change what I said alittle. Snow is good if it is here one day, then all gone the next. Snow is bad every other time.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Son Goten [/i]
[B][color=red][b]Snow is bad. I live in massachusetts and we just got 4 inches last night. It's not even Halloween yet. I am pissed. Snow comes every year and in big amounts. It is a pain in the arse to deal with and the roads get slippery as hell. Snow = BAD[/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Man... I need to move to massachusetts... lol
But hey... just be glad you're not in Buffalo... lol...
Posted
Snow.. *sighs and looks out the window hopefully* Up here in Ontario right now it's cold and windy. ~.~ I really do wish it would start snowing soon.

Winter's my favourite season! ^^ Skating, hockey, snowball fights, snow-forts..soft, warm sweaters, hockey, curling up by a fire, drinking cocoa. Hockey! Snowboarding and skiing. HOCKEY!! ^^ And best of all: snow days! I love it! :D [And hockey!]

But the best time for it to be snowing is on Christmas morning. You wake up then rush to the window, and when you open the shutters your breath is literally taken away by the beauty. The crystals fall and the fresh layer of smooth powder glistens in the morning light, brightening everything. People are just waking up and the morning silence has yet to be broken by a car motor or a dog barking. Houses are decorated, lights are on and wreaths are hanging from the doors, making the street look almost like a mismatched closet, yet, you grow to love it. A White Christmas is my favourite kind, and... *smiles* Gorgeous is the only way to describe it. :)
Posted
I love the snow and yes Canada where I live, has lots of it but we do not live in igloos....anyways I love to ski and hit those hard hills the one that tests your luck with life...I love the thrill I also love just laying in the snow, even when im 13..i love playing with my little sister and pretending to be polarbears and wolves...don't make fun of me....i like it!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...