OtakuBoards

Lift yourself up, beat yourself down.

Adahn

[size=2]Deep down, everyone loves to talk about themselves, and if people are interesting enough, listen to others talk about themselves.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Nobody, however, only wants to brag, and nobody wants to listen to other people only talk about how great they are.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]So, here it is. Brag about yourself, but be honest. Let us know everything you love about yourself, and why we should all love you.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]But, when you're done with that, tell us what a horrible person you are. Give us your worst flaws. Open yourself up and let it out, if you've got the guts.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I'll go first.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I'm smart, and I don't mean above average smart, I mean ridiculously smart. Straight A's smart. I have an amazing memory, but I don't rely on memorization. It's very, very easy for me to understand anything someone teaches me. Have you ever been in a class, and just not understood something? Don't get it? I get everything, everytime, all the time. I've probably done better than you did in school and/or college, and I'm probably still doing better than you. I got an A in every single class in high school, except for ONE A- in a class called Parent and Child development. I graduated salutatorian with a 3.994 cumulative GPA. I got a 30 composite on the ACT. The individual scores were 33 english, 32 reading, 30 math, and 25 science reasoning. I took the Spanish AP test as a junior, and got a 4. The only other person who got a 4 graduated valedictorian that year. Almost everyone who took it my senior year got a 2 or 1 (failing grades). I got a 5 on the AP Biology test, and a 4 on AP English. I took the right kinds of classes, and get a SMART (acronym, not my capitalization) grant of 4,000 dollars a year for each of my last two years in college. I'm a second term junior, and my overall GPA is just over 3.9. The GPA of my major is something over 3.96. My major is Cell and Molecular Biology (pretty impressive sounding, huh?). I'm in a program now that will streamline the transition to grad school, and I expect to get my PhD. Since nothing has ever really been difficult for me, I expect it to be a piece of cake.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Besides that, I'm actually very generous.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Now that you've skipped over all that, it's time for the fun part.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I really, really like talking about myself, but I don't get many opportunities because it's not socially acceptable to brag. I've got a big 'old gut, and probably weigh in the neighborhood of 190-200 lbs at 5'10', so I'm overweight. I like to be a jackass sometimes, and can really piss people off. I'm extremely lazy. I can be a real crybaby if I don't get my way (yes, a 20-year old crybaby). I'm borderline socially retarded, and suck very much at making and keeping friends. I'm a huge nerd (which you might not think is a flaw, but it is socially). I was extremely excited to get my Nintendo Wii, and I have spent more money on video/computer games/accessories than anything else. I've got a pretty sick mind that I can hide pretty well, and that I won't elaborate on here. I pee in the stalls even if all the urinals are open. I don't cut my toenails until they get disgustingly long. My skin is reddish/orange and rough around my feet, and now on my knuckles a little, and I have absolutely no idea why, but it's probably kind of gross. I pick my nose and wipe boogers all over the place. I don't shave or shower if I don't have to go to a school/family/social function. I've probably gone as long as a week, and have gotten pretty gross. When I had gym class in high school, I NEVER washed my gym clothes, and they eventually smelled like mushrooms. I've peed on a public picnic table. I really, really hope it rained before someone tried to eat off it. If it isn't obvious already, I'm as conceited and full of myself as it is possible to be.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Well, I'm drawing a blank, so that's it for now. Feel free to tell me what a sick weirdo I am, or post something about yourself. I do hope this gets interesting.[/size]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]My oh my Adahn...at first i just thought the way you thought was annoying as hell, now i know you as a person are a little off too. Congrats on the being smart thing, that's pretty cool...and uh...i'm sorry about you being socially retarded. The whole pissing on a picnic table thing, oh my. I think maybe you should elaborate as to why you pissed on the table. Cuz right now i'm just thinking you were passing by and had to piss so you aimed at the nearest thing....

Yeah ok, enough about you, now for me! I'll try my best to be honest.

Ok...my good qualities. Well, i suppose i'm pretty smart too, though not [B]that[/B] smart. I got a 30 composite on my ACT, and i got a 4 on an AP calculus exam, but that's about it for that. Most of my college is paid for, even though it's a state university. Uhm...i can play the guitar, the alto saxophone, and the bassoon. I'm an above average artist. My social skills aren't in the toilet, i'd even say they're pretty good when i'm around people i like. Usually in a group of friends i'm the one cracking the jokes. I'm not bad with the ladies (i hope), i do have a girlfriend. Physically i'm alright too, though not great. I'm more of a math person, though i'm an above average writer as well. I'd say most things come to my quite naturally.

I'm a pretty lazy person, probably due to the fact that most things come to me naturally so i've grown used to not putting much effort into things. Don't tell my parents, but i barely went to class at all last semester (my freshman year of college) and i managed to get an A, 3 Bs, and a D. Obviously the D was a rough class (^^)'. I'm overweight, and everytime i try to lose that weight i fail. I can be a real *** sometimes, my friends tell me so on often occasions. When i argue i usually take the stance of "i don't know, but if so and so was true then i'd believe in blah blah blah" in other words, i have no faith. Which brings up another thing, i'm agnostic. In no way do i see that as a good thing. I basically have no faith that god exists or doesn't exist, because i'm too afraid to commit one way or another. I have lots and lots of self doubt. I constantly second guess myself. I'm also a liar. I lie to my parents, friends, everybody it seems. Usually they are small lies, but other times they're pretty big. What's funny is most people consider me an honest person...but in reality i'm just a good liar. The way i see it, if it doesn't bring a person any harm, then what the hell does it matter if they know the truth or not? And lastly, i'm too sarcastic at times. I bring people down with my sarcasm sometimes and i see it.

Yeah, i'm not very interesting. But i figured i should post for the heck of it anyways. =D

Later.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][COLOR=Sienna]Oh the fun we'll have...

[B]The Good:[/B]

I'm incredibly good at history. It's my passion, and I can consistently get high 90s without putting any effort into it; I love it. That's pretty well indicatve of my intelligence-level as a whole; if I'm interested in a subject, then I can get great marks no problem. I know a lot of mostly-useless bits of trivia. I enjoy my life no matter what, and I'm generally easy to please. I'm fat, lazy, unfit, and I love every moment of it. I've got a remarkable ability (At least, remarkable in our society) to think outside of societal norms. Things that people generally consider faults, I really don't; like I said, I love being fat and unhealthy and all that, even if it is frowned upon in our society. Basically, I'm really good at being myself.

[b]The Bad:[/b]

I suck at memorizing chemical equations and historical dates always stump me. I find Robot Chicken funny. What the hell? I'm a bit of an asshole and spend a lot of time building up a false persona to present to people. I hate being judged, and get really nervous around people I feel are judging me. I'm no good with the ladies; "Nice shoes, wanna ****?" just don't work as advertised. I'm an absolutely terrible drawer, or anything graphical, really. I'm a very unmotivated person, and my contentedness often means that I don't put an honest effort into... anything. I have no aspirations to speak of.

[b]The Ugly:[/b]

My singing ability! Holy ****! I can air-guitar like a ringin' bell, but I can't even do "Mr Tambourine Man" without tripping over my own tongue![/COLOR][/FONT]

Very interesting idea, i like it.

It's funny, because i actually don't want to hear about me, but i guess i'll try this, because i really like the idea. I would care more if someone had a good day then myself, even though i tend to ponder if those around me even have a soul or conscience. I do believe though there are minds behind other people, but i still wonder.

I usually find myself withdrawn from others, not really ostracized but more of free choice.This is where the name scoundrel comes in:D . I have good friends still. If i could live alone in a desert, i would :D , but the thought of others kind of holds me back. I'm a free thinker who wishes not to be bound by stereotypes. It's not how i act that determines my race, it's who i am.

I do have many dreams like many other, like i kind of want to be a programmer, but like many things you have to go to school for it. We all know school is pretty much a competition of " look at me, i'm better than this many people", which i really can't put my finger on what i don't like about that statement.

Not a big fan of society. I kind of see it as being hard on free thinking people. Very clear to me when i saw the video for El Manana by Gorillaz. Well in this vid, there is the whole floating rock where Noodle is on. The rock represents free thought, and the helicopters represent society shooting it down.

And last, i was never good at conclusions.

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, let's brag some. I like to think I'm a very funny and socially adept individual, taking the punches as they come and getting almost anyone to like me. I'm friendly, approachable and as witty as they come. I find that I'm incredibly smart in almost any subject I put effort into, with plenty of talent to boot. I play the guitar, baratone, was first chair trumpet in band for two years and have a rather nice singing voice. I have insurmountable artistic abilities, rising above and beyond my fellow classmates in art college. I can ride horses, fight and drive standard cars, along with being able to bull-**** my way out of anything.

And on with the not-so-pretty. I really, really have a low self esteem, my added weight throughout my younger years left me quite emotionally scarred. Sometimes I can be terribly shy or guarded, saying hurtful things when it's not called for. I have a very low tolerance and little faith for other people when I'm out in society, I constantly remind myself that the world is slowly going down the drain. I don't feel sorry for people who are locked in a battle with drugs or alcohol, nor do I have any sympathy for people with gambling problems. When I see someone who weighs more than I do, I think "Better them than me." I lie a lot, I don't always brush my teeth and I'm a huge fake when it comes to people I don't trust. I wait a long time to do my laundry, I use all the hot water in the shower, I pick at my nails and toenails too. I hardly apply myself to something I don't find interesting, which explains why my grades suffered in high school. I have horrible road rage, and am driving a car that likely wouldn't pass inspection. Sometimes I wish my workplace would burn to the ground.

I dunno if that made me feel better or worse. Seeing the bad part larger than the good part isn't very comforting either...[/COLOR][/FONT]

I think I?m going to reverse this a bit since I hate talking bad about myself, even if it is true. So I?ll start with the bad and end with the good.

For starters, I jump to conclusions too easily. I?m very cynical and have little faith in mankind even though plenty of people are doing a better job at life than I am. Grammar and spelling are my enemies because I?m too damn lazy to apply myself in English classes. The same goes for math. I?m a hopeless romantic in spite of being cynical and that often results in an abrasive manner that confuses people and makes me mad that they can?t see that I?m the messed up one here. I?m also a bad at knowing when to back down in a debate. I love talking about different issues even when others are tired of it already.

However, on the good side, I think I have a kind nature underneath everything; I love cats and warm fuzzy blankets. Trust me this is a very good thing. The one thing I feel like I am good at is music. Specifically playing classical music. I play the Cello and I?m good at it. I?ve obviously got lots to learn but I still feel a sense of accomplishment in my skills in that area. I?ve already earned my Bachelor?s degree in this field and I?m on track to getting my Masters degree soon.

Hmmm...I guess I should have said I?d bring my Cello for the Survivor 4 sign ups. But I was worried the environment would wreck havoc on it. lol

[COLOR=DarkOrange]The few who i have earned the respect of shall soon toss it out, lol.

Good? I'm really fraking smart. As a child, people said I was a prodigy, and I still manage to stump people in regular conversation. i know all the answers and people have called me 'the human dictionary' in every english class i've ever had. I have a deeper understanding of most thuings than most people, and when I look at the people around me, i consider them to be stupid. Not only that, but i'm not ugly! I've got beautiful hair, my face isn't breaking out, and I may not be bone skinny, but I'm thin enough that my belly doesn't stick out. I have an awesome family, a mom who loves death-metal and black-metal, is obsessed with Metalocalypse, and looks young enough to be my sister. My dad is cool and rediculously smart, especially in theology. He's nice and has a well-paying job meaning my brothers and i can do very little work and get hefty allowances with which we can buy whatever we want.

The Bad? This could take a while.

Firstly, I can't remember the last time I opened my mouth and said the same thing i was thinking. I'm a prick to anyone I don't already know, and I don't know very many people. People i don't like, i'm a total jerk to. I'm weak, I'm recessive, and anyone can easily take advantage of me and ride me around. I'm apathetic, I hate life, and if it were up to me, the universe would implode, suck everything into itself, and finally ****ing die. i find myself not only disliking people but going so far as to hate them and spend more time hating myself. I walk the same routine every day, and I never try to go out of line at all. Nothing I've ever accomplished has brought fruitition, and i've never found happiness. I'm doing terrible in school because I lack even the will to succeed and i can't pay attention to anything for more than 2 minutes unless it's in English class. I haven't gone to a friends house in over a year and in fact there is no one who i consider a true friend. i have a few acuaintances, but most of them only know a shallow portion of my life. I drift in and out of rediculous fantasies and can't bring myself to enjoy the world or any part of it. I spend most of my time listening to music and simply not doing anything. I'm to lazy to even play my own video games, I still haven't written a novel after years of trying, no one cares about most of the things I actually do, so I neer find reason to do anything more. i often gaze blankly at reruns i've seen a million times for hours between arguing with my brothers -- the only people I interact with. i spen a good half of my time watching my little brother play video games and talking to him as he argues with my youngest brother about senseless crap. My parents work a lot, but when they're home I never tell them anything about myself. At home I maintain a constant blanket of stand-offishness and am consistantly a smart-***. Of the 3 relationships i've been in, all 3 netships, only one lasted more than a week and in that one I tore myself apart over someone who was very broken and not the type to be in love at all. As much as she trusted me, she never loved me and I eventually lost hope and severed myself from communication. I consider my existence to be a thorn in the universe's foot and regret that everything I am takes away from everything that anyone else can be. I'm selfish to those around me and would always take before i give. I find it impossible to care about most people, places, and things, and would be content to live alone or with my brother for the rest of my life listening to music, reading, playing video games and working at gamestop until the day that I die which I pray to the god i don't even believe in will be soon. I have no culture, no traditions, never go to social gatherings, and I hardly even have the ability to cry. When I do, it's pathetic. I know I'm going to come home 2 weeks from now with a terrible report card and my dad's gunna rip me a new one and i'll probably go into an emotional shell. I havent brushe my teeth in so long it's impossible to remember and I went so long without brusinh my hair I had to get half of it cut out. I do nothing, I deliver nothing to the world, and if I die tommorrow, it won't be soon enough.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]i know all the answers and people have called me [b]'the human dictionary'[/b] in every english class i've ever had.

[...]

My dad is cool and [b]rediculously[/b] smart, especially in theology.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Irony! Anyway, I love the idea Adahn. Everyone loves bragging.

[size=6][b]+[/b][/size]
As everyone else has said, I'm smart. I got accepted early decision into Columbia University, which is an Ivy League college, and I believe in the top 10 (possibly top 5) for the US. I'm socially gifted; most people enjoy my presence and conversation, mostly because I'm engaging and don't let things dip into awkward silence. I can think quickly, I make witty jokes (mostly in person, though) that relate to the moment, which also contributes to my conversational ability. I look decent, perhaps I'd go so far as to say I look good. Both of the aforementioned give me pretty good chances with women. I enjoy taking risks. I'm physically fit to the extent that I played varsity soccer for my school. I've got a great eye for aesthetics and can catch on quickly to pretty much anything in the field. I'm an articulate writer, and I used to specialize in creative writing (which totally gets you chicks), but school has beaten the creativity out of me, so now I'm an amazing academic writer.

[size=6][b]-[/b][/size]
Ah, the bad. I'm annoyingly cynical and pessimistic. I make fun of people behind their backs if I think they're A) an angst bag, B) annoying and particularly bothersome C) funny looking/sounding. I feel entitled to things, especially when I'm not. Most notably would be my recent college acceptance -- because I was [i]expecting[/i] a "Welcome!" letter, I didn't flip out, but I was definitely very happy. I'm vain, I'm self conscious, I feel inadequate when it comes to talking to a particularly pretty lady, despite my ability to hold my own fairly well. I absolutely despite authority, almost to a fault... which leads to petty arguments over doing the dishes and trash. Or I just start cursing out the teacher in front of them, giving them the finger, etc. That has landed me in quite a bit of trouble. With that being said, it's quite obvious I have an anger management problem, although I have come a LONG way from freshman year. But I am prone to outbursts when I feel overstressed.

Ah, good times. That was enjoyable.[/size]

[size=2]I peed on the picnic table because my friends told me to. They wanted to watch, but I made them drive away first before I let it out.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]I obey authority very much. I always do what I'm told, and if an authority figure tries to impress his/her opinion on me, I accept it at face value. If any of [i]you[/i] managed to convince me I should follow you, I would probably agree with you about everything, and do anything in my power to advance your own arguments.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]As a counter to the authority thing, I am very persuasive when I need to be. I may royally suck at it here, but in real life, I could be a cult leader if I wanted to.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]It's been very nice reading about you guys. Hearing your own virtues and vices has helped me to further reflect on my own.[/size]
[size=2][/size]
[size=2]Gosh, what's with all the girls? I thought [i]they[/i] were the one's that were supposed to be open about themselves![/size]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']my Cello[/quote]

[FONT=Arial]You're automatically amazing. That's my absolute most favorite orchestral instrument EVER. (Not that there's too many choices in the first place, buut...)

I'm going to follow Rachmaninoff's example and reverse it. I'd rather end a post on a positive note. :]

I think I'm very unfriendly. I avoid talking to people whenever I can, and I absolutely hate it if someone I don't know too well tries to start a conversation with me (because half the time I don't even know what to say to keep it going, and I get bored with it). I used to be extremely insecure, so that I'd actually be afraid to have any kind of social interaction with anyone other than my friends. I still can't stand up for myself, though, and in a classroom full of acquaintances I'm very quiet. I'm not really school smart, either...I'm sure I could get very good grades if I just paid a little more attention and actually took the time to do my homework outside of school, but algebra is my absolute worst subject, and chemistry's no piece of cake. I'm pretty sure I'm kind of (if not very) annoying, and I sometimes have a problem controlling my volume level. I could really use a good exercise routine as well. :[

Now, the bragging part! >:]

I'm very musically inclined. I've been in chorus long enough to know a lot about music theory, and I've been teaching myself guitar for nearly six years. I think I'm pretty good at it. I know a little bit about piano and drums, too, and if I owned a bass guitar I could probably get the hang of it with a little practice. I've written a few complete songs ("Of Sound Mind," "Invierno," and "Unseen") and cowritten some really nice pieces ("Dance of the Fiends," "Red Moon Blue Moon"), and I'd really like to follow the musician career path. I'm also really good at English; my mother's an English teacher, and I guess it's just in the blood. I have so many story ideas that I'm trying to get on paper or in the computer. I'd like to think I'm pretty good at writing lyrics, too. While I'm not "school smart," I think I'm pretty intellectual for a fifteen year old. In Spanish class, I don't pay attention and I hardly ever do the work, and I didn't study for the exam. I got the highest score out of my whole class on it (I even beat the Spanish kids!). I'm also doing really well in my college AP world history class; we had a closed book test today that I didn't study for, but I'm pretty sure I got a good grade on it because it was easy.

Yay, that was a good idea.[/FONT]

[color=dimgray]

[b]Good[/b] Im only 13 and I recieved a 170 on an iq test i am not lying. I checked online and this means I am in the genius-level category. i guess it makes sense, because in my math class i get 97s or higher on tests (usually most of the kids in the class fail the tests lol) and i'm really good at essays.Also in 7th grade I took the SATS and got a 750 in english and a 780 in math pretty for a middle-schooler heh ;) ;) ;)

[b]Bad[/b] dunno i don't really have bad qualities. But I guess sometimes I am rude to people and I don't have alot of friends. [/color]

[color=darkred][size=1]

[b]The Good[/b]

I believe I have several good qualities, that I'm at least told I have. Mentally, I have a good sense of humor and I love to joke around with my friends. We're always laughing away at something or another and we each know how to take a personal joke/insult lightly. I'm pretty fit and healthy, due to my martial arts, which I'm also told I'm good at. I can dance, which I suppose would be a selling point. I do the whole hip hop thing, as a few people could tell you (like Retri). I've been told I'm a decent artist (drawing) and writer. I have a deep love and appreciation for music and the arts, even though I'm not a musician myself. I'm a very supportive and loyal friend. I'm usually the one my friend's come to for advice on many subjects, ranging from school to love. I'm good at history and literature-related subjects in school. And I've been told I'm easy on the eyes, which I suppose is a good thing.

[b]The Bad[/b]

I'm a notoriously cocky fellow, even though I don't actually have much real self-confidence. I always look to others for a compliment or suggestion, looking for other's opinions of me so I know how to view myself. I have a very 'don't give a *******' attitude about things I dislike, such as Algebra II, Chemistry, etc. I dislike authority figures (even though I plan on joining the National Guard soon) and I'm constantly trying to defy the people who are supposed to lead me, instead attempting to take charge myself. Even though I enjoy listening to good things about myself, I otherwise don't care what people think of my general interests. If someone dislikes what I like, I tend to insult them on that. If they like what I dislike, they get a similar reaction. In a nut shell, I'm a judgemental a**hole at times. I carry around alot of pride and still believe in ignorant honor to be upheld. I'm stubborn and I don't like changing myself for others, just being the best at what I already do or am. I also tend to snap out of anger from time to time, even though I usually have a cool or carefree attitude most of the time. I have a long fuse with a big, big explosion at the end. And once I'm set off, I tend to rip said person to shreds verbally, and occasionally physically. Both have gotten me in trouble from time to time. I'm sure there's tons of other bad stuff about me, but I'm not sure what at the moment.

[/color][/size]

Lunox, you rock my world. :catgirl:

+ When I'm wrong about something, I'm usually pretty good at recognizing & admitting it. My parents and I used to have epic fights because I was so pigheaded, but now all it takes is an opening volley of disagreement for me to laugh at myself and realize that I'm being an idiot.

- I like having friends around. I like having stupidly profound, personal conversations with my friends. But it's rare for me to have an emotional investment in even my closest friendships. Although I appreciate them as the nifty people they are and enjoy spending time with them, I don't care about them from the bottom of my heart. Also, I'm long-winded.

? With some exceptions, I don't like waxing eloquent about my personality--either positively or negatively. I'd much rather wax eloquent about my taste in books or something.

~Dagger~

[color=black][color=black]Wow there's alot of smart people on this board. Me, not so much. [/color]

[b][color=black][font=Tahoma]Good:[/font][/color][/b]
[color=black]To start off, I'm friendly and easy to get along with. When I am around people that I am comfortable with I tend to make them laugh with my randomness. While alot of people rely on glasses and contacts, my eyes are incredibly sharp. Sitting all the way back in a classroom I have no problem seeing what is on the board. Whenever I am walking around on campus I wave to people that I recognize from far away while they are squinting their eyes trying to figure out who I am. Sometimes I feel like I am Superman with my sharp vision.[/color]

[b][color=black][font=Tahoma]Bad:[/font][/color][/b]
[color=black]Seeing how people like to brag about their grades, I'll talk about how I suck at school. On the Acts, I believe I scored a 17. In high school, out of the 245 people that graduated, I ranked 38. As a college student, I procrastinate as much as everyone else. However, while people brag about how they finish a writing assignment or a project in one or two days and get a good grade, I always get a C or a B-. In class, most of the time people understand the material and always have something knowledgeable to say while I remain clueless and never know what to say. And I'm not too proud of my spelling and grammar when it comes to writing papers. Normally I am quiet and nice around people that I don't know, but loud and obnoxious around my family. When a girl stares at me for a long period of time I would think to myself, "She digs me". Lastly, I'm a pretty lazy guy and rarely do anything productive. [/color]

[/color]

Erik, I am very proud of the brutal honesty. I think what separates what you?ve said from conceit is because you are sharing yourself with relatively little regard for the consequences (I know, ?what consequences?, right?). I think that this thread will be a good way of getting people to open up a little. This will be therapeutic, and everyone likes some ****ing honesty every once and a while.

Here goes:
The Bad- I don?t know where I could start. Let?s start with the big ****; I?ve let three girls fall in love with me before breaking their hearts because it made me feel wanted. In retrospect, I know I have no purview over their emotions, but I should have broken it off when I figured out the feelings wouldn?t be mutual. One of those girls was a typical ?good girl? (only kissed a boy) and I gave her an O for the first time in her life. In retrospect, I should have restrained myself and let someone who will really love her give her that. Those instances are probably the worst things I?ve done, but I?ve paid for my mistakes. Let?s see, I?m abrasive in debates and can be extremely sarcastic. I have no patience for stupidity and I?m very good at the art of retort. I?m extremely overprotective of my younger sister to the point that I was once charged with assault for throwing a guy through a glass window (he slapped my sister, so the charges were dropped mutually). I speak before thinking a lot. And I?ve on more than one occasion accidentally blurted out a secret (nothing too huge). Lastly, I bite my fingernails and my toenails. I know that sounds gross, but my feet are remarkably clean because of this fact.

The Good: I?m unabashedly kind and generous. I?m highly intelligent and I rarely study for tests. I aced organic chemistry and I only studied the day before each test. Despite my overall apathy for active learning, when I?m interested in something I master it. I?m extremely good at school and I?m well on my way to becoming a Doctor (I scored a 36 on my diagnostic MCAT). I?ll be applying to med schools soon, and I don?t expect to have any trouble getting in. Despite my parents being wealthy, I?m not spoiled? I always grew up in an environment that deliberately kept money from being prioritized; both of my parents were DIRT poor growing up (sub-poverty level). I?m good at winning the hearts of ladies honestly. I?m not the kind of guy who?s looking to get his rocks off and dump the girl. I?m romantic and I know how to treat a lady. I?m pretty proud of my current work as a paramedic over the summer. I?ve been part of countless life-saving incidents and have personally saved a few lives (I shocked a couple guys out of arrhythmias over the years, etc). I?ve talked two people out of committing suicide and one is well on his way to recovery (the other is in a mental hospital). I?ve been part of five deliveries and caught the baby twice ( I should mention that other people caught the baby in the remaining three, no babies were dropped!). I stuck a tube in a person?s chest to drain blood from his lung, I?ve drilled a hole in a lady?s head to drain blood from her subarachnoid space, and I stuck a huge needle into a guy?s chest to drain fluid around his heart (the pericardium). I?ve gone on two international aid trips giving out medical care, clothing, and food for the poorest of the world. I donated half of my summer earnings to fund a school in a forgotten town in Argentina. I?ve got an amazing singing voice (which helps with the aforementioned romantic side) and was the lead in my high school musicals. I?m good with children, and I?m ridiculously optimistic (without being naïve) about life.

Sorry if that sounds overly pragmatic, but I think it?s more significant to show that you are a good person through your actions as opposed to simply [i]thinking[/i] you are.

[size=1][color=gray]Hmm this sounds interesting, I think I'll give it a go.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]The Good:[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]Well first of all I am a very understanding person, I'm able to relate to alot of people on a lot of different levels. This also makes me a very easy going person, I am mellow and chill and I tend to go with the flow unless I feel strong about something. I have a random sense of humour that can make one of the dullest night funny (some have said it's like I have a natural high). I wouldn't say I am optimistic, actually quite the opposite, but I am able to see the benefits in situations. In an arguement or in life I am able to see both sides to a problem which makes me a good mediator between people. I'm very nice and generous (I have a hard time being mean), especially with money (I'm alittle greedy with food lol). I'm the type of person that tries to go out of my way to help people whenever I can. I love talking to people and meeting new people, I'd say I'm a very friendly person. I guess you could say I'm intelligent although I disagree, I think I'm just well rounded and been through a little more stuff, so all I have is wisdom compaired to knowledge (It also helps I have a good memory). Though I was also gifted athleticly, and I would say I'm not bad looking either. I'm a fast learner, and I am a good teacher too. One of my best attributes is my will, I have a strong will although it falters from time to time.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]The Bad:[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=gray]I'm horribly indecisive, picking out my clothes, deciding on games, girls, even what to watch on tv. So lot of time I miss out on stuff because I can't make up my mind, or I refuse to choose. I have a low sense of self-confidence, and I don't think I'm a good person all in all. Although I am able to look at the good things I think pessimisticly, which might be due to the fact I suffer from depression. I'm a unemotional person, and sometimes quite cold and calloused. I enjoy meeting new people and talking to them, and I'm am open about the problems I've had in the past but if I am ever going through anything I don't really talk about it. I tend to keep my problems to myself because I don't want to burden anyone else. I do have a problem letting people close enough to hurt me, I might tell them about my problems but letting them close enough to help is another thing. I can be very lazy and unproductive, plus I procrastinate in almost everything. I tend to let some people walk all over me, because I am so easy going and I don't speak up enough for myself. I just let my anger build up till it explodes on the wrong person or more often implodes on myself. Little things that shouldn't matter start to bug me after awhile and I tend to hold a grudge for a little while. I'm a confusing person if you couldn't tell. Oh yeah I bite my nails too, just the hands though but still a nasty habit. And one last thing I am very hard on myself, and I get discouraged by little things.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#808080]Hmm this was alot harder than I though, or at least to just list things off on the spot, it feels kinda weird. [/color][/size]

[COLOR=Blue]Wow. There are so many honest and open people here!
This thread's fun and interesting, but it seems a bit hard. But I'll give it a go. Because I like fun, interesting and hard.

[B]Good:[/B]
I'm told that I'm caring, kind and generous. I do sacrifice myself alot. When people ask me to be honest, I am. But I'm also really good at lying. I can get myself out of tight spots by lying my way through it. I'm really creative. I'm good at embroidery. I'm patient. If it's something to do with art, I can solve any problem. I'm also really good at puzzles (except Rubix Cube - my sworn enemy). I have a really good memory if it's something I'm interested in. Like, if you ask me something about Dragon Ball, I can 90% of the time give you the comic book number and page number to look at for the answer. But I can't remember what I had for dinner just a few hours ago. If something bad happens to me, I bounce back pretty easily. I can be really philosophical at times. And people will hate me if I say this but, I can lose weight really easily. (I'm a bit underweight: 153cm height & 41kg & used to be 45kg 2 months ago, and I didn't go on any diets)

[B]Bad:[/B]
Zero confidence. Really really shy. But if I get comfortable talking to someone about something, there's no shutting me up. I'm 20 years old, but childish. Yet I hate being touched by people. Hugs and kisses and shaking hands aren't my thing. I don't think before I talk, so I may hurt people at times. I'm co-dependant, but I like my space. I'm always worried about something. I get depressed really easily. I'm unfit. I'm lazy. I'm forgetful about chores and homework. I procastinate. I'm terrible at spelling. (procastinate? procrastrinate?) If I have no interest about something, I tune out. I'm like a guy and don't notice things. If someone cuts their hair, or loses weight, I'm the last to notice (if I notice at all). I have no decency. I'm wearing a skirt now, but I'm sitting crossed leg on the chair. I'm bad at waking up in the mornings. I say alot of ambiguous things. It make sense in my head... I can be bossy and stubborn. I have a big pride. I bottle emotions up inside, so I can explode at any time. I'm really moody and angry on the first and second days of my periods.

That's all I can think of at the moment... Oh! I just remembered. I write too much.[/COLOR]

[size=1][font=tahoma]Argh...I knew I'd have to do this thread sometime...*cringe* Ah well.

[b]Da Goodness[/b]:[indent]
[/indent]I'm confident. I certainly don't think I'm bad looking and I have no problem meeting new people, infact I quite enjoy it. I love being the center of attention, and I'm a very caring and friendly person to the people I meet. I'm charismatic, charming, and all around down to earth. I'm also a fairly decent dancer with a not so bad body (I'm not Pamela Anderson but I ain't roseanne) and I get a long great with guys. I can be one of the girls and one of the guys all at the same time. I'm active and pretty decent at poetry and other types of writing. I have a nick for fashion and I can hold a conversation pretty well, which goes with the fact that I like to talk quite a lot. I don't smoke and I don't do drugs.

[b]Purely Rotten[/b]:[indent]
[/indent] I get irritated really easily and I don't have a lot of patience. I HATE waiting in line or for anything. I can be a real bum sometimes. I can be intimidating to women sometimes with my personality which can make me hard to relate to other women. I can be an attention hog. I love to talk which sometimes can get out of hand if I haven't had any social reaction, sometimes I'm a bit too blunt and outgoing and again this can intimidate others. I scare reserved people. I can be very aggressive. I can be a selfish pain in the rear at times when I don't get my way. I'm never the first one to apologize, unless its a life or death situation. I use to be a starbucks addict. My college resume isn't that impressive and I don't find school to be the most important aspect of my life. I'm a TOTAL closet nerd meaning most of my friends don't even know I play mmorpgs or videogames.

Tah dah! That's it. [/size][/font]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][SIZE=3][COLOR=YellowGreen]=][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I am a good musician. Music is basically my absolute passion, and - unlike most people I know - I actually understand its concepts [scales, key sigs, dynamics, etc], and I actually apply the methods I learn. Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a player, but I am good at picking up different instruments and learning them to an extent. The trumpet is my main instrument, and though I love it, I don't have the range I could... but that's why I'm majoring in Music Ed and not Performance.
I'm also pretty smart I guess. I have a 3.7something GPA, and considering my school has the hardest grading school in the state, that's pretty good. I also got a 221 on the PSAT's and a 2020 on the SAT's, which I will soon be retaking to raise my score.

[COLOR=YellowGreen]

[SIZE=3]=[[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Eek. I procrastinate way too much. I mean, homework-done-the-class-before kind of procrastination... Yuck. I'm also quite shy, as I learned this weekend, but only around people I don't know. I guess that's what shyness is. Anyway, I'm so awkward with small-talk and conversations with people I don't know... it's just weird. Ugh.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Wow, this thread is amazing! I HAVE to do this, even though this will be hard for me.

Firstly, [B]The Bad.[/B]
I'm EXTREMELY self-conscious. You'll often seen me wear sweatshirts and jeans because of that fact. I hardly ever wear anything that's a little form-fitting, but I'm slowly getting better. I feel I have the biggest chest in the world (for a girl), and it really bugs me. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and it sucks. If a guy flatters me, I'll fall hard. I'm better about that now though. I have a love/hate relationship with chick flicks. I can be extremely depressed, so much so that I'll beat myself into an emotional pulp. I can be quite fowl-mouthed at times, when nobody is looking. I use humor to make people like me. I was burned many times by "friends" so I tend to come across as bitchy and stand-offish because I have such strong walls to my inner emotions. Only a select few have gotten through those walls. Thus, I use humor as a defense mechanism. I also cut myself down a lot. I also cut people that i don't know down. If I get a bad first impression of you, it often won't change. If I don't like someone, I always will. I've been proven wrong, but not a lot.

[B]The Good.[/B]
I feel I'm [I]kind of[/I] cute. I mean, I've gotten more attention from guys than I ever had before, but a part of me fears that it's because of my chest (see above). I care a lot about people. For instance, I want to give hugs to everybody who has shared their flaws, which isn't easy for me. I care about animals as well, which is why I cannot be a veterinarian, my childhood dream job, because I care TOO MUCH. I'm a strong Christian, and I don't push it onto people. If you want to know, I'll tell you about, but I won't force you. I think I'm kind of funny, but I use it as a defense mechanism. (see above) I'm also relatively good at art (not nearly as good as some of my friends!), and also at music. I've played violin for 12 years now (though I haven't been able to play lately because of an injury), and I taught myself guitar, piano (for the most part), and took lessons for the clarinet (and I'm not good at it!). I have a great passion for Genetics, which is my major right now. I'm also good at languages. I'm bi-lingual, almost tri-lingual (Finnish, English, and German). I want to be as many-lingual as I can! I tend to be friendly, and I take constructive criticism well.

Wow, that was therapeutic. :)

[SIZE=1]I guess I should give me input.

[B]Ze Good[/B]

I guess a good place to start would be to say I’m an all round nice guy. I’m pleasant in conversation and I’m always happy to go out of my way for family, friends and (in most cases) complete strangers. As a result of my treatment of lady-folk I’ve been called The Perfect Gentleman on several occasions and my mammy says I’m the perfect son too. I clean after myself, wipe up crumbs etc, all those little things that help the world become a better place. I’m pretty smart in that while I was in school I breezed through with little work (not so much these days because my laziness has increased by a factor of 10, see Le Bad) and I have a fair wealth of knowledge. I’m pretty laid back and can take most things on my shoulders and not much of anything really bothers me or stresses me out. As such, most people see me as easy to talk to and regularly share their problems with me (although most of these traits are for my day-to-day life, on the net I’m mostly just a goon -). I have a strong protection instinct and I really love animals (My cats are seriously the most awesome creatures to ever grace the planet!). Although I am carrying a little extra weight, the clothes I tend to wear give most people the impression that I’m just a slightly buff guy, which I’m quite willing to except.

[B]Le Bad![/B]

Well, here it goes. Laziness is something of an issue for me. Or not so much laziness, more that I just don’t see the point in certain activities. This is mostly to do with college work and what not but if I enjoy what I do I’ll put my all into it no question. And despite my good treatment of women, I have a crazy fetish (more like obsession) with breasts. Even more so than most guys. Despite hiding it well, I’m almost always thinking of or looking at boobies. I tend to inhale them through my brain like their a medical necessity (Although most disagree, I see this as a good thing, I’m just warped like that ^-^). Relating to my weight issue, I have something of a gut on me and maybe a little extra weight on my arse and thighs, which makes me really self-conscious in the summer or when I go swimming. Or try to go swimming more like. I have a massive water phobia and the thought of drowning is probably one of the scariest things I could possibly think of. I’m ok in water, I’ll play about just like anybody else, but when the water starts getting above chest level I really do start to freeze up and get scared sh*tless! Oh, and I have a lot of obsessive compulsive disorders. Like light switches or sockets being left on when they aren’t needed or there’s nothing in them. Or if I touch one point on my left hand I’ve gotta touch the exact same spot on my right hand and other weird stuff like that.

I think that’s all I’m prepared to admit to right now. [/SIZE]