-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
That says more about your team than about the Reapers. Ha. But seriously now. Banshees are horrifying, but you basically just have to make sure you're on the other side of the map from them until you can single them out. They're not as tough as Primes or Atlases 1-on-1 if you keep moving. Also, if you have two people (i.e. Adept + Sentinel) with Warps amped up til level 6 "extra damage versus armor and barriers" they get reasonable. Just make sure you don't get Ravaged while taking care of the Banshee. And Cobra them when two are close together. :^D
-
Basically, you could just play the game twice for a perfect ending. I thought this was pretty cool because it made sense in what goes on in the Single Player mode as well. You take over stuff from Cerberus, they try to get it back, Shepard can't come so they send in spec ops squads to take care of it. Makes the battle bigger than just Shepard, sort of, except the maps aren't at all epic, and the teams are too tiny to take really serious. The idea is nice, I think. I would've probably enjoyed the original idea of a FPS multi-player, like Crysis + Battlefield, more than this though.
-
Well, basically, you're never able to do right. Might as well let the kid get tough the men's way.
-
My Name Is Bruce! Right? Right. "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. [size=3][font=arial, sans-serif]Even though the sound of it something quite atrocious.[/font][/size]" (I typed that right in one go!)
-
[center][img]http://kastatic.com/i2/tv/25117.jpg[/img][/center] [left]So does anybody watch this show on ShowTime? They just finished season 2, and so far I pretty much think it's awesome. Originally I started watching it because of Emmy Rossum (Fiona), but now I just really like the series. :^D Jeremy Allen White (Lip) is a seriously awesome character, and strangely enough I find Goku to be pretty cool as well. William H. Macy's character Frank is played so well that I seriously get murderous intentions when I watch him mess everything up every time. [/left] [left]I just don't know anybody who watches this, especially because it doesn't even show on TV around here. ;_; We have to make due with the silly original UK version.[/left] [left]Oh yeah, it's pretty eh... NSFW and stuff. Has boobies, profanity and even gore-ish stuff, [spoiler]including close-detail child birth[/spoiler]. [/left]
-
^that. It's really extremely difficult, if not impossible, to just replace the main character of a series that's been going on for seasons, with a completely new-to-the-series other person. Mostly the main character is one of the main reasons as well as to why you actually watch the show. Also, Charlie Sheen and Ashton Kutcher are worlds apart, comedy-wise. They should've probably just gone for a spin-off instead.
-
Well, we just had a Mass Effect discussion of about a page long in one of those "What Are You" threads, right next to the ME thread. Ha. Blame Shinmaru.
-
Holla~ I decided it would be a great plan for us to make a list of books and things you would recommend to anybody who's cool enough to read them. Lately I've spent time catching up on great reads, and I still have a ways to go, but now I have to work mostly with classics that pretty much everybody knows. Which is great, but I'd like to have people's opinions of what they think are great novels, so I - and anybody who's looking for a great read - can go by your judgement picking out my next buy! So basically, time to make a list of written work that you people think cool people should've read before they're done reading. My first entries: [blockquote][b]Josef Skvorecky - [/b][i]The Swell Season[/i]. This novel (or it's English translation at least, because I can't read Czech) is seriously one of the most pleasant reads I've had in a long time. It's about a teenager in the Czech Republic during the start of World War II, and the problems every teenage lad has, regardless of what goes around him. The style of writing is really involving, kind of reminiscent to [i]Catcher in the Rye[/i] but then less annoying. [b]Walter Moers - [/b][i]The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear[/i] and/or [i]Rumo[/i]. Walter Moers is a German author who does a lot of wordplay and makes up his own vocabulary, but the English translations are great work nonetheless. His novels mostly revolve around a time before humans, when a lot of strange other creatures roamed the world and Atlantis was still there, and civilization was at its prime. The novels have hints of fantasy and fairy tales, but then for any ages, though mostly adults. Just reading these stories is an adventure by itself. This author is one-of-a-kind. Open your nose, smell the scent of adventure - burnt wood and cinnamon - and embark on the greatest adventure of your life.[/blockquote]
-
Or just get it for PC like the Cool Kids[b]â?¢[/b]. Actually, don't. Origin and stuff is not working as you'd like it to be.
-
I've got the anime forums shrunk, and some times forget they even exist, so I'm not even sure when they all disappeared. Remember them vividly though. Question to anyone who knows: Did they disappear because there was no activity, or did the egg come before the chicken? Personally, I have never been a big fan of dedicated threads for anything. I don't know about the anime lounge, but I've always fought them in the Art Studio, as I got the feeling that they reduced activity in there.
-
Speaking of thick books, I finished Ayn Rand's magnum opus [i]Atlas Shrugged[/i] sometime this year. Took me long enough. 1300 pages of which about two-thirds could have been left out because they keep repeating the same ideas over and over again. Rand completely over analyzes her own theories and the characters, and she does that right there, word for word, in the book itself, explaining everything over and over again just to make sure we don't misunderstand her intentions. This sucks because some ideas are actually really interesting, but the way they are imposed upon the reading is really distracting. Only at some points was I able to connect in any way with one or two characters, and that mostly ended by them starting a speech on the glory of materialism. Ordeal: You do not have to read this. It's not worth it.
-
While we're posting... [url="http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack/"]FREE DLC NEXT TUESDAY[/url]! Multi-player stuff. 6 new characters (2 Geth, 2 Batarians, Asari Justicar and Krogan Battlemaster), new weapons, new consumables, 2 new maps annnnd... that's it I guess. But it's free! They're on a roll with free stuff now, and they keep having weekly weekend extras. I wonder how long they'll keep this up.
-
Dear fellow members and colleagues of OB staff, Today it has come to my attention that we [i]still[/i] do not have a Shinmaru forum. This is strange to me and seems to be the direct reason for our lack of activity/members, and it also is the direct solution to this problem. It bothers me that something so obvious should miss from OtakuBoards. If this does not change, I don't think many members will be left by the end of the month. We have to fix this guys. Of course, we will need to give the community some kind of compensation as well for the time they had to spend without a Shinmaru forum. Any ideas? I'm looking forward to your replies, either positive or negative. Thank you for your time and have a nice day. Yours truthfully, Boo/Boris/Lady Shy PS: Now that James is a free man, his rights have run out to stall RPs. What will you - admins, super mods and theatre staff - do to make him start either his new EVANGELION RP or the next Almagest? PPS: This issue is so important that I have decided to post it twice.
-
Dear fellow members and colleagues of OB staff, Today it has come to my attention that we [i]still[/i] do not have a Shinmaru forum. This is strange to me and seems to be the direct reason for our lack of activity/members, and it also is the direct solution to this problem. It bothers me that something so obvious should miss from OtakuBoards. If this does not change, I don't think many members will be left by the end of the month. We have to fix this guys. Of course, we will need to give the community some kind of compensation as well for the time they had to spend without a Shinmaru forum. Any ideas? I'm looking forward to your replies, either positive or negative. Thank you for your time and have a nice day. Yours truthfully, Boo/Boris/Lady Shy PS: Now that James is a free man, his rights have run out to stall RPs. What will you - admins, super mods and theatre staff - do to make him start either his new EVANGELION RP or the next Almagest? [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]PPS: This issue is so important that I have decided to post it twice.[/size][/font][/color]
-
[quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1333732440' post='711305'] if I learned anything from being an RA, it's that you're not supposed to touch any student, ever. you never know if they'll get an injury from you touching them and then you could be held liable. just sayin' :\ [/quote]Same thing I learned from teaching. Though women get away with it more easily than men. Especially if they're short.
-
[url="http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/"]BioWare announces Extended Cut and to have no plans at all for different endings.[/url] So, I'm fine with this. My main problem of the absolute end was a lack of closure. Now we should get more of that.
-
Cyanide sounds pretty awesome, by the way. Speaking of Cyborgs, I just finished [i]Empire State[/i], which was pretty awesome and had the same kind of air at some points as this story, except it plays in NYC. It had jetpack super heroes and trench coats and gas masks. And cyborgs and big (flying) battle ships and police blimps.
-
ME3: [spoiler]I was expecting the story to continue on from ME2's ending, where they said "OMFG A HUMAN REAPER", which was kind of meh-inducing on it's own, and that in ME3 it turns out the reapers use the reaped civilizations to actually help create the newest batch (for whatever reason. I mean, what does any divine being really want from us?), instead of just preserving before you decide to kill all of us so we don't kill all of us. Though, like James said before, the story has never been the strongest part of the game. I had most fun doing the missions that were unCerberus and unReaper related.[/spoiler]
-
[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1333381248' post='711230'] [font=Calibri]I am so absurdly happy right now. I should not be this happy because I think it makes me kind of a bad person, and I can't even write why I feel such. But holy Moses in a mosh pit. This is a good day.[/font] [/quote]Who died?
-
Trench coats, old cities, corrupt governments. I am smelling the perfect opportunity for noirism, yes plz.
-
[quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1333301118' post='711201'] Will you be the Archer to my Lana? [/quote]That depends. That situation [i]does[/i] count as a one-way ticket to a certain location. A very dangerous location, or even a zone if you prefer.
-
OK, correction: NES-style Street View.
-
Now go make 8Bit Streetview.
-
Wait, I had an awesome reply for this. Meh, disappeared. Anyway: I love the link tag as it's kind of simple, but still not, and the colours and effects make the LInk stock seem more eh, fluent than it actually is. I also really like the Muse one, but it kind of... looks like something else than guitar playing. The text on this one and the Sora one are great though. The colours and shapes of the font match the tags really well, contrary to the "hello" and "pandemonium" ones, in which the text is just distracting and does not look really cool. For the "hello" one you could try using the pink that's actually already in the banner, or some shade of that one, with... white. Anyway: Lens flares and general light around stock are hard to get right, and you did excellent with the two girl banners (the one holding a blanket in the wind, or something, and the one using a bow) as the light amplifies the expression of the stock, and also the action in the latter one. The Riku one has a bit of a redundant flare on the other hand, as it kind of amplifies a cold shoulder and pulls the attention away from his face (eyes) and sword. The Sora one has a pretty cool flare because it looks like he's being all "WHAT?! FLARE!" but I think the flare could've been more to the bottom right, a bit further from his face, and then some extra lighting on his front upper body as if the light radiates from the ball he's looking at. I think the sprite tags are really cool. You manage to put the focus on them really well, especially in the Kingdom Hearts one. The one in your last post that you dig least I like a lot, but I think it would be even cooler if the light in the bottom right would be in the top right instead, amplifying the arrow. So if it would amplify the entire arrow. Think it would look really dynamic and POW like that. In general, I think your stuff's pretty much super cool.
-
[quote name='jayburnt' timestamp='1333238151' post='711177'] i like donkey shows and i hate being a newbie... ah well, everyone gots to be a newbie at least once (oh and by the way i've never actually seen a donkey show lol) i've never really been much of a poster, blogger, threader, or whatever them peoples been called but i'm willing to give a shot and see if i like it [/quote]Awesome, thanks to you I noticed how tall the avatars can be. High five. And welcome!