-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
So if you want to be kept busy I could easily think up more things I would really like to see like [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=15256"]Lyndy[/url] as a [url="http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/left4dead/images/thumb/1/15/Boomer-artwork.gif/410px-Boomer-artwork.gif"]Boomer[/url] or an other Left 4 Dead infected zombie, or maybe even more I'd love to see a [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/index.php?/topic/40794-i-forgot-what-you-people-look-like-image-heavy/page__st__980#entry709238]chibi-master[/url] dressed up like a Pikachu, holding a giant bazooka or something similarly huge and destructive (and a black cat Allamorph by her side). Or a [url="http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/531314_3836178347307_1363436966_33570882_34347921_n.jpg"]Korey[/url] dressed up as a [url="http://cdn2.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/ningin/blog/2011/05/top-big-bang.gif"]T.O.P.[/url] Cowboy. I was so inspired by your amazing Shinmaru tacoballattack that I've decided we need more horrible OB Parody stories.
-
[quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1337815700' post='711865'] Wow. [/quote]Dodgetaco Shinmaru. For you, made by otakuuu on my request. Because we love you.
-
... I thought the Almagest was just one thing that went on for too long, but the latest one is a sequel? Wow. What would you do differently next time to hand back the freedom? And would you give more or less freedom still than the first episode?
-
[quote name='otakuuu' timestamp='1337794283' post='711860'] [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/2yyccxl.jpg[/img] here it is! (: hope you and Shinmaru like it..xD [/quote] yesyesyesyesyes
-
<3 <3 AHMYGAWDYES <3 <3
-
[blockquote] [size=6]Snorrrr... lax...[/size] [indent=1][color=#000000][size=4]- Snorlax[/size][/color][/indent] [/blockquote]
-
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I like this thread. I just don't like that I have to ctrl+scroll to read stuff, but still. I find this thread fascinating. [b]DYNAMIC STORIES[/b]. I still think that's an amazing name to describe what I think would be the ultimate "rpgs". My opinion has only slightly changed over the last five years. I still think the Ultimate Dynamic Story would have the best writers working on it, and I will want to quote the line by LiamC (omfg, old times) "Let me just say that, to a writer, having your work fluidly expanded upon...such things can only be described as [i]delicious[/i]." This is so amazingly true. I think the best feeling in the world is to be utterly impressed by something, and it's even more delicious if you are utterly impressed by what others can do with [i]your [/i]work. However, hardly anything sucks more for a writer than having [i]your[/i] work, your blisters, sweat and tears, be butchered by a next person who picks up your character or story completely wrongly, and messes your thing up. So [i]best writers[/i] does not necessarily refer to your control of grammar or spelling (though it helps), but mainly on your creative input and empathetic ability to feel the story and characters and help guide them to a story of amazingness. Unless the right click is there, I will either not want to participate in the story at all, or at the most have a mainly individual story thing going on, the kind stories such as Korey's [b]Otaku Sin City [/b]allowed. I have learned as well over time that the [i]epic climax [/i]I was preferably looking for in my old post is not necessarily epic in the regular sense, that it is big or anything. Epic climaxes can very well be tiny, even purely psychological, or a single small gesture. One thing I have noticed I do not enjoy at all in [b]DYNAMIC STORIES[/b] is when the one who started the thing wants ultimate control over where the story's headed, unless they run the story by the rest of the crew, but that would make it a democratic thing after all. It pisses me off at several levels when people say "This is a bit of the story, but the rest is in my head and you will find out what happens during the story." The best thing that can happen is a collaborate flow of creative energies and stuff, not some steered thing when people who join can just show off their writing skills, but have no control whatsoever over any bit of the story except for the character background. That's even less than an RPG. I joined an RP like that this year and did not enjoy the lack of freedom at all, even though the setting, the world, of the RP was inspiring. so yeah. I think a way to prevent yourself from being a control freak over your [b]DYNAMIC STORIES[/b] would be to not use a story that you have already completely cooked up for everyone in your head, preferably one without given characters that you thought up, and only a hunch of where you want to lead the story. HOWEVER, some people can have huge ideas already and still be chill about what people do to their stories. I think it's a lot easier when you feel the story is in good hands anyway. Hence the [i]best writers[/i] part. Other people who posted here still active enough to reflect? Any others? Plz. I have picked up writing again and would very much like to know people's thoughts and experiences, and maybe we'll even create some amazing new story as a result of this. [/font]
-
I have to heehee every time I scroll past [member=Allamorph]'s disagree-baby. Btw speaking of pistachios: Pistachio ice cream yes please. Speaking of ice cream: Snickers® ice cream "ahhmagawd"yes.
-
Mostly melons. I like melons.
-
Awesome idea. The backstory of the Beholders could be more buffed up, them being aliens who have come to reap the human race before they evolve too far, (lol, Mass Effect) but like Orcus I'm having an Eternal Darkness reference in my head, which is ace because Eternal Darkness is a gem. Actually I think illness could play a cool role, as warfare comes with injury and injury causes infections and stuff.
-
Oh noes... Goodbye then. Good luck with life and stuff.
-
[center][size=6][font=impact]My avatar is only perverted when your mind makes it perverted.[/font][/size][/center]
-
[quote name='otakuuu' timestamp='1336970953' post='711743'] For Boo - I hope you read this! Here is your pony..hehehe! c: [img]http://i50.tinypic.com/20fdb4j.jpg[/img] [/quote] All commission work from otakuuu. It's glorious.
-
AWESOME, YOU ROCK. Also, if you need more [i]awesome[/i] to draw: Could you draw [member=Shinmaru], possibly in action mode? (He's the one throwing the ball) In any style you feel like. Possibly with a sombrero and a taco. In fact, could you replace the ball with a taco? [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Shinmaru/IMG_7627.jpg[/img]
-
I like cashews and almonds most probably. Honey roasted when possible. Pretty much to the point where I will eat til I explode. I have exploded several times now. However, walnuts are pretty awesome as well in autumney dishes and in combination with goat cheese and honey. Or with yoghurt. Nuts are great replacements Recently I found these great packages with dried fruits and nuts together. Not the standard boring ones with your favourite legumes in them and some currants, but with awesome nuts and cranberries or plums and stuff. Too bad nuts, and these packages in particular, are so expensive. I'm a poor student after all. Stupid system. Talk nuts here. What are your nuts? Are you nuts for nuts? Thank you very nuts.
-
The Geth units are amazing, btw. Batarian not so much except for their heavy melee power glove being awesome. Vorcha multi-player units will be available soon. Haha, this will be fun. Haven't played for a couple of weeks, though. I was planning to finish ME1 and ME2 [i]one last time[/i] with my knowledge of ME3, to make one completely opposite character. I'll probably wait for the ME3 dlc before playing ME3 again though.
-
Thanks to my Walibi-buddy I've been able to play Dota with Lyndy and her friends, and she's been helpful, but mostly mean to me. So after two rounds of "oh my god Boo you're such a noob!" this was very funny to me: [img]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2786/dotanoobs.png[/img] Lol bot-loss.
-
And expectations are based on ideas you may not share, such as that you should treat elders different for their age, so basically you can say "lol **** this. From now on the only respect I deal is Al's second option".
-
I am totally fascinated. The sci-fi 3D printer is real. Today, simple plastic/glass/metal/etc. things. Tomorrow the world? So I saw one in action, and in under twelve minutes one of these (DIY!) printers made a plastic whistle they downloaded from the internet. How is this any less than extremely cool and scary at the same time? Already in some parts of the worlds selected items have been banned (printed sex toys are popular to ban), but how are you going to check up on this? With the right ingredients, in a few years time a doctor could quickly print some item they need to save a life, while down the block some kid could be illegally downloading a patented uzi to show his pals at school. Though I'm also surprised by how long it actually took to make this kind of product. Apparently the whole brainstorming and production of the DIY version (sells for about $1200) was one of the first real physical open source products. I realise this is both a hardware discussion and a general discussion so yeah.
-
They are called boob and boobette.
-
[center][img]http://storefront.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/620/header.jpg[/img][/center] You may be thinking "whaaaat? This game is aaaanciiieeeeent!" WELL! It's almost time to [i]really[/i] think with portals as in three days Valve will be giving us the Puzzle Maker, the official Portal 2 map editor. It's supposed to be really extremely easy and you can upload your maps to the Steam Workshop (another use for the Workshop!) in almost no time at all! W00t! [center][img]http://media.steampowered.com/apps/portal2/map_imgs/520/001.jpg[/img][/center] [center][url="http://www.thinkwithportals.com/"]Think With Portals Dot Com[/url][/center] Will anybody be making maps? I'll try to make some stuff myself and like you will be sharing my work here for all of us to enjoy! Too bad they're single-player maps though and I don't think there will be any chance ever of there being co-op maps like this in Portal 2. :( Portal 3?!!1?!!1
-
But don't ask. It's all Top Secret.