Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1. [quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1333242450' post='711185'] Nobody else posts enough for me to spam every thread! [/quote]Let's team up! For the world!
  2. I would've been a Superstar now... :'(
  3. [quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1333121544' post='711133'] [spoiler]I thought the **** with the little kid was terrible throughout the game, and seeing the kid representing the Catalyst is a facepalm moment. I agree with others who have suggested that the squadmate who dies on Virmire would have been a much better choice for that stuff. I don't really like Kaidan or Ashley at all, but they would at least represent a more personal connection for Shepard. And wouldn't that person's death haunt Shepard much more than some kid? The BioWare writers do such a great job of hitting emotion hard throughout the game that the kid stuff sticks out as being not so great.[/spoiler][/quote][spoiler]I hated that kid. I agree on the Virmire choice, but the Prothean might've been okay as well as Bioware's original plan was. Basically, the kid was completely random, didn't look very interesting, and was stupid. They should've just had the kid for stupid noobs who didn't import ME1&2, and the Virmire or an abstract something for people who did. Though I hate Kaiden, and he always died on Vimire, and I didn't like him living. Hm... Maybe some random thing then. Though I like the theory of the kid being just an indoctrinated hallucination as nobody else sees him and he causes Shepard some bad nights of sleep. Huhu. Ho.[/spoiler] [quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1333121544' post='711133'][spoiler]I also wish there were a bit more closure with your other squadmates. Presumably everyone survives, but mostly I'm just worried about Garrus, because he's been my boy throughout the whole series![/spoiler][/quote]QFT. [spoiler]Garrus, what happened to you on Earth?! How did they get into the Normandy that quickly, rushing off before a relay blast?[/spoiler] [quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1333121544' post='711133'] [spoiler]The one complaint I don't really agree with is about the ending not reflecting your choices. It totally does in the way that [i]all[/i] [b]Mass Effect[/b] endings have reflected the player's choices. In the first game, your choices could cause Saren to kill himself. In the second game, your choices affect whether your squad lives or dies. In the third game, your choices could cause the Illusive Man to kill himself. The major story beats, though? Always the same, no matter what your choices are. There may be a few differences in how they play out, but they're largely the same. Complaining about how choice doesn't play enough of a part in the finale completely ignores how the plots of [b]Mass Effect[/b] have been built from the beginning.[/spoiler][/quote]Well, I have to disagree on you here anyway. [spoiler]ME3 was supposed to be the ultimate climax of the series. Not just an ME1-3 or ME2-3. It is supposed to be greater and everything you do leads up to this. In short, nothing you do leads up to anything. Your actions of ME1 and ME2 don't have any [i]visible[/i] effect on the ending, except that they earn you like War Assets that make the ultimate endings possible. And War Assets are like... emails. Who cares? They could have at least added some amazingly cool cinematics during the last few moments of combat that would show Turians and Krogans butchering Husks side by side, protected by Asari shields, while Salarians would infiltrate around burning people, calling in airstrikes for the Quarians to bomb the crap out of things, while armies of Rachni tear the hell out of Ravagers. Stuff like that, you know. Now you fell into a black hole, and the climax parts of the game were when you saw your fleet come through the relay (OMFG ROCK ON) and getting butchered by 5 Banshees at the end before you get blasted and have to take out Marauder Shields, the real final boss. I didn't feel like my previous actions changed the course of the ending enough. Why didn't we see Jack back you up with her team of biotics, just because she's Jack and decided to disobey orders? Where was Grunt, pulling another ( <33333 GRUNTTT!!!!) stunt soloing some ravagers? I saved the Geth, why didn't they return the favour by sending in some Primes for back up? Stuff like that, you know. The ending was epic-ish, but I felt Tuchanka and Ranoch were more epic. And then the last 5 minutes kind of ... you know... didn't have much to do with the first two. It didn't feel like an ending to a trilogy because there was so much new information. Everyone knows you should put little to no new information in a conclusion unless it's really "OMFG I NEVER EXPECTED THAT" shock stuff, which this wasn't either. It was just lukewarm.[/spoiler] But altogether I loved the game. And the ending was fine-ish enough.
  4. Haha, I saw the thread title and thought for a second that this was the Blue Pocahontas sequel, and intended on asking if it now comes in 6D. But no.
  5. [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=3]Didn't we have an ME thread once? [quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1332954884' post='711108'] HUGE [b]MASS EFFECT[/b] SPOILERS FOR SERIOUS: La cucaracha [spoiler]Also LEGIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON *salutes*[/spoiler] [/quote][SPOILER]*SALUTE* Also: Legion galore! *confetti* But I was really happy with my decisions too. Afterwards I read the forums and I saw people who made like one wrong choice in the dialogue and completely got either one killed. :( [/SPOILER] Also! [Spoiler]I just found out how to save Mordin. Next playthrough! "Mordin can be saved during the mission if Wrex isn't alive, Maelon's data was not saved, which leads to Eve's death, and the genophage cure is sabotaged. If Mordin is saved, and the genophage cure is sabotaged as a result, the salarians will offer their support as well as krogan support under Urdnot Wreav, as the krogan will be unaware of the sabotage, with Mordin helping out as well." So basically if you do everything... wrong.[/spoiler][/size][/font]
  6. [quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1332953512' post='711103'] You were like "AHHHH NOOOO. GIANT SPIDER. ;A;!! I DONT LIKE GIANT SPIDERS! ;A;!!! *weeps*" [/quote]I'm pretty sure that never happened. You speak nasty untruths. I wish I knew a game like Amnesia that allowed for easy multi-player though. So a freak-out game, more than a zombie bomber like L4D2.
  7. [quote name='Shinmaru' timestamp='1332951203' post='711100'] Wow, I still think the final assault on the Collector base in [b]Mass Effect 2[/b] is the most fun mission in terms of pure thrill (I loved sticking it to them with a superpowered group of badasses, but the mission on [spoiler]Rannoch[/spoiler], which I just finished last night, might be the best in terms of pure emotion. The feeling of going to that planet is crazy, the choice at the end is excruciating (I legit spent five minutes pondering over it), and the aftermath is insane to think about. Holy **** did I ever suck at fighting [spoiler]the Reaper[/spoiler], though. I went all the way through [spoiler]Thessia[/spoiler] and am bitterly cursing the name of Cerberus. I am looking forward to finally killing that Kai Leng asshole, and at some point I expect to confront the Illusive Man in person, and you can bet I will give him what for, that bastard. [/quote]See?! The emotional engagement building up to and in this game is insane. This was the first of the three games where I was really, passionately hating characters (except for ****ing Zaeed, that incredible ****) or almost crying about other stuff. :'( Shinmaru: [spoiler]I was really happy with the Ranoch outcome I had. What did you choose? (I'll extra spoiler alert the next part in case James accidentally reads this)[/spoiler] Extra MASS SPOILER: [spoilerblock]I wouldn't have been able to bear finishing the game if I had Tali jump off a cliff in case you let Legon upload and the Fleet attack them. [/spoilerblock]
  8. [quote name='Lyndy' timestamp='1332945390' post='711096'] You started to scream and cry when a spider started to attack you in Skyrim. [/quote]Lies.
  9. Oh you, Amnesia... [Member=Lyndy] got me to watch these kinds of videos, and I'm always suprised by how scared people get by something that looks so unimpressive. Plus, I still don't know what you're supposed to do apart from scream like a little girl! :S
  10. 'Alphonso' sounds like trouble.
  11. [quote name='James' timestamp='1332887958' post='711074'] [font=palatino linotype]Dude, please... spoilers! >_< Several of us haven't reached the ending yet.[/font] [/quote]Haha, he was lying anyway. There's no[spoiler] old man and child [/spoiler]at the end. No sir-ee. Someone was being naughty and spreading untruths. ^_^ Silver Mech: [spoiler]Though I thought it funny how they made Shepard sound like Jesus. And "could you tell another story of the Shepard, grandpa?" "Have you bought the DLC, kiddo?" "No, not y-" "THEN NO! GTFO"[/spoiler]
  12. Boo

    Tutorials

    [quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1332889884' post='711077'] I have a variety of tutorials that I've done over the years, on another forum, but feel free to link to 'em. [/quote]W00t, done!
  13. [quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1332884194' post='711067'] I guess someone hasn't been paying attention to what I've been putting up on theO, then! [/quote]Not really, [s]because I've been banned[/s] because I care more about what happens in the Art Studio, which is muuuuuch cooler.
  14. Oh man, that probably means another 6 month delay before James' next post. BUT I could finally sign up for the Elites in the Almagest otherwise.
  15. [center][img]http://www.bieber-fever.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Justin-Bieber-Best-Buy-ad.jpg[/img][/center] [center]"What the ****'s a Bieber?!"[/center] [center]"I dunno. Kinda looks like a girl."[/center]
  16. [quote name='Katie!' timestamp='1332871251' post='711058'] I was Citric on the boards before. [/quote]Then just say so, silly! Holla~~ You're very much allowed to come up with fantastic stuff for the Art Studio again!
  17. [quote name='James' timestamp='1332833572' post='711046'] [font=palatino linotype]I'm probably around about 2/3 of the way through. So far, I've been enjoying it, but I'm finding it to be no better than Mass Effect 2. Yes, there's a tiny bit more customisation (in terms of weapons, for example). So that's a bit of a crowd-pleaser I guess. But the locales are generally not as varied or interesting as ME2, I'd say (with a couple of key exceptions).[/font][/quote]I thought it was much better than ME2, partly because the combat system has evolved since, but mostly because of some kick-ass dialogue for players who played the first two games. They really involved the previous games a [i]lot[/i] more than ME 2 involved the original.
  18. [quote name='James' timestamp='1332832971' post='711045'] [font=palatino linotype]So I think it's going to be time soon to start a new RPG! ;P[/font] [/quote]Chop, chop.
  19. [center]But without Auto-Tune, Rebecca Black couldn't even sing about these difficult choices.[/center] [center][img]http://popstache.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Antares-Auto-Tune-4.jpg[/img][/center]
  20. [center]ALS/Leo Gehrig's, make room for a [i]real [/i]disease.[/center] [center][img]http://images.wikia.com/wikiality/images/8/8a/Blackdeathrat.jpg[/img][/center]
  21. Boo

    Tutorials

    I completely never noticed that tutorial for some reason... Sorry, SarahPatricia and thanks for the cool addition to this little project of sorts!
  22. I thought we went over this. Next: [post=710960]this[/post].
  23. I like how these BB rules think of hierarchy. [Acronym=I am liking these BB Codes]IALTBC[/acronym]
  24. Diving into the older realms of OtakuBoards brought me back to the period of games we had once, which I once so opposed. However, time for a classic, last time posted by Ace, the Prof, yo. IMAGE BATTLE ROYALE. Beat the person before you by posting a picture that totally destroys their picture. (Shark eats fish, China-man with harpoon eats sharkfinsoup, Mao owns China-man, etc.) GO! [center][b]Mao owns China-man [/b][/center] [center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e8/Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg/264px-Mao_Zedong_portrait.jpg[/img][/center] Now you.
  25. Boo

    Let's Play!

    I remember that one :(
×
×
  • Create New...