Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Boo

Members
  • Posts

    4066
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    52

Everything posted by Boo

  1.   ^ That. Guns don't need planning. If you're really angry you don't need to first go to your household Anarchist Cookbook to make a sugar-and-oats nuke, but instead you just reach out and grab the one tool.    However, I read THIS STORY, which is a bit fluffy and indirect, but the actual point is pretty OK. Mental health issues are mostly not taken seriously enough still. All across the globe, not only in the US. It's hard to find decent health care for someone with mental problems, health care that doesn't just land you in an asylum with your brains fried. 
  2.   Thanks. High five. 
  3. [indent=1][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][size=2]This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by [color=#B22222]Inuyasha Fandom[/color]. [color=#B22222]View it anyway?[/color][/size][/font][/indent]
  4. I remember when Hurricane Sandy ran rampant through OtakuBoards.
  5. You nailed this stuff. Great work. The only commentary I'd have is that poker girl has an alcoholic's amount of scotch in her glass, and I think more of an intriguing look would work best when sharing a deck of cards and a gallon of liquor. You already used dynamics in eyebrow height, but I think a bit more to the "your move" kind of gaze would look awesome. Aside than that, you basically rock.
  6. [quote name='Charles' timestamp='1347760501' post='712344'] I was playing a little basketball today. [/quote]lolsportscharles
  7. Except she was already too busy with her Speechless Michael Keaton dilemma to bother. [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6cqNW41CiKo/TYv1i5FKFLI/AAAAAAAAAus/rQnovqiOJC0/s1600/speechless%252Bgd.jpg[/img]
  8. Tell us all about the junk in [i]your[/i] trunk, in very much detail. Better yet, make a picture of it. We want to see it very much. I am of the opinion that the junk in a person's trunk says a lot about who they are. So share it with us and we can give our thoughts on it! Seeing as I don't own a car or motorcycle or anything else with a proper trunk in it, I will instead speak of what you may find in and around my bicycle, and also what you may find in my trunk-like storages in my room. Feel free to interpret my person through this information. Bicycle: I always have a plastic shopping bag stuck underneath my saddle, which comes in handy on multiple occasions, such as: 1. When shopping, 2. When I know it will rain and I don't want a wet butt. Also, I have a nice big lock on my bicycle. In the Netherlands we have the rule that your lock should always be more expensive than your bicycle. Mine was about the same price, mainly because I bought my bicycle overpriced as I was too lazy to go get myself one of the results of disobeying the rule off some junkie. But now more importantly, the actual junk in trunk-like compartments: I have a lot of stuff that I haven't found a place for yet in the 2/3 year that I live in this room now. So I tucked them into a big trunk-like box. What I see from this angle is: 1. Two gas masks: One more modern Danish side-canister mask that looks quite neat. The other is a WWII mask with a canister below the breather. [img]http://www.erosemo.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/6/3/631110.jpg[/img][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lirt8srIYAI/SxQx2COF4DI/AAAAAAAAFV0/74kJkeaMPLk/s1600/etsy%2Bgift%2Bguide%2Bbelgian%2Bmask.jpg[/img] 2. Caps. I have several caps, but I never wear caps. One is a cap I got from my mum, it's from some Queen cover band thing she went to. Don't know why she gave it to me. Another is a cheap Burberry rip-off my mate took with him from some Greek party island, in case I ever need to chav around. [img]http://www.designerclothing247.com/burberry_cap.jpg[/img] 3. A container with a load of those orange-y yellow tiny plastic balls you use in those toy guns for adults. Lately they call the thing "airsoft" I believe. I don't even own one of those guns, so I have no idea how, where and why I got the ammo for one. [img]http://www.bbgunworld.com/store/usrimage/cr10000ammo.jpg[/img] 4. A hand drum, like the Flammie Drum. I can summon Flammie whenever. I just don't. [img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/mana/images/f/fe/FlammieDrum.png[/img][img]http://mmxz.zophar.net/rpg/mana2/flammie.gif[/img] 5. An Eiffel tower and Napoleon Bonaparte bust replica, some animal statues, and some other souvenir things. When I was young and still went on vacation with a parent or two, we'd get a little vacation pocket money I'd spend on souvenirs. For some reason I'd mostly buy tiny animal statues, but in Paris I guess I couldn't find any beast, other than Napoleon. [img]http://www.souvenirs-of-france.com/boutique_us/images_produits/metal-napoleon-art-silver_V.jpg[/img] 6. A WrapSack®. It's a bag that you're supposed to give on after you receive a present in it. Then you enter the code into some website and it keeps track of where in the world it's been. I thought it was such an awesome idea, that after someone gave it to me, I figured I'd have to ponder over its next destination for at least five years. Anybody want a WrapSack®? [img]http://www.bindependent.com/prodpics/gco111.jpg[/img] 7. A ton of old cigar boxes with or without (random) content. I don't smoke, but manly and awesome cigar boxes with their manly and awesome cigar tobacco cigar smell are just so manly and awesome. [img]http://www.bestcigarprices.com/shopcontent/images/Misc_Empty_Cigar_Boxes.jpg[/img] That was me. Now you. Maybe taking a picture of your entire trunk at once is more helpful.
  9. [size=4]Meh. I just finished the film a minute ago and I must say I was being really positive whenever I could, but basically the film is just not so very good. They scrapped so many of the little details that actually made the novel captivating, and also didn't make use of details that play a larger role in the next films. They could've spent a lot less time giving the viewer all-seeing powers, and instead added some details. The novel was written from first person perspective, which fit a 100% with the feeling of loneliness, you against the world. Instead you get "Oh hi President Snow, please allow us to observe your private conversations", the immediate visual of casualties (but at the same time they didn't keep us up to date really well on who was left), and an immediate look into how the rebellion is starting in D11. That "I'm alone, this is me, the rest is a mystery" vibe was thrown out of the window, killing basically all suspense. They handled some things like the mockingjay pin fine, because the original character for that was not very strong anyway. However, some, for me, essential plot lines and details were dropped or changed, like Peeta's pop visiting her, the mutts, and especially the extremely rushed ending which to me just felt like "hey, yeah so we're out of time, let's call it a day." The ending is what makes the novel as it is, and it's what finally killed the film for me, after I allowed all the other stuff. They browse through time as if the script writer had to go to the loo and quickly wanted to end things. They didn't even take the effort to depict the hover crafts picking up corpses. The impact of the Games was minimal in the depiction of the characters. The cruelty, size, and gravity of the whole situation is not barely enough to allow for rebellions to be fired up around the Districts in this film. The aftermath is non-existent. Like Katie! already mentioned above, the film generally feels too rushed, with very little relationship development for some characters. Though I think they did relatively fine-ish (that's relatively, which in this case is [i]not[/i] a good thing) with Peeta (and I hated Gale in the novel anyway), Haymitch gets very little (drunk) time for us to get to know him and her friendship with Cinna comes falling out of the sky. Also, Cato's speech was too long compared to how little time they allowed for other stuff. On the other hand, I thought Lenny Kravitz was surprisingly OK in his role of Cinna, though I pictured a much skinnier and paler person. Rue was also cast well, Catniss was fine, D2-Girl also fit the bill. Yay. [/size] [size=4]I always hope with these kinds of films that they turn out better than you expect. But alas. Hope... A little hope is effective; a lot of hope is dangerous. If the soundtrack wasn't so great, I would've been most incredibly disappointed by the film.[/size]
  10. Aw, you're cute, Allie. I think I'll call you Adorably Awkward Allie from now on. Also: [quote name='Revelation' timestamp='1343611987' post='712240'] [size=3][color=#0066CC]And yes, I do agree with an OB Orgy! [...] [b]Raiha[/b]. Then [b]Ikillion[/b], [b]Vicky[/b], [b]silpheedpilot[/b], [b]Gavin[/b], [b]Boo[/b], [b]Allamorph[/b], [...][/color][/size] [/quote];-)
  11. The "Hide" button functions as a Delete button of sorts, so try that one! Other than that: Yo ho, welcome, Gaetzan!
  12. [quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1342839804' post='712197'] "..... There are only three alligators in the world." [/quote][img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lic2eqx1kt1qhy6c9o1_400.gif[/img]
  13. Boo

    OB Reunion?

    At the very least we could join forces and create an insanely large Skype (for example) conference. This would also put everyone in the same location to talk about locations and schedules and stuff. Or is there a max to Skype conference participants?
  14. I just realised it might be a good plan to first do like a test-run, to see if you can at all work with our material. <3~
  15. [quote name='Shy' timestamp='1341690260' post='712145'] Cool! Maybe we could collaborate on a short comic or something. Send me some love, Boo, and we can write it together. - Shy [/quote]Oh yes, I will certainly send some love. Some love indeed. This seems like something more than worth my time. TO THE THINK-MOBILE! SHY GUY & BOO, GO! [img]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs15/f/2007/080/0/8/Boo_x_Shy_Guy_1_by_GeoPyro.png[/img]
  16. [b]Carol Birch[/b] - Jemrach's Menagerie. Finished in one go. Superbly written, engaging and funny and tragic and made me want to weep like a wee lad. Thanks to [member=DeathKnight] I just finished Perfect Day for Bananafish. It was written so naturally and realistically, and the amount of realism made it about surreal again. Great read, so thanks.
  17. Any ideas for what kind of Graphic Novels you'd like to do? I really direly love your art and Shy and me happen to be excellent writers and idea creators.
  18. [quote name='pooperson' timestamp='1340075196' post='712044'] [color=#0000cd]I don't think I ever posted that Mr. Maul & I broke up. Anyway, Hiiiii OB[/color] [/quote]I didn't even know you guys were officially "you guys", apart from "oh, you guys so crazy". Well. *confetti*
  19. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. One huge level. Other than that, any real gamer [i]should definitely[/i] have played Max Payne's dream sequences before they die.
  20. Boo

    E3 2012

    [quote name='Magus' timestamp='1339327159' post='711987']My issue with the look is that this "Dante" looked like he was some druggy, not to mention that this Dante just so happens to look almost like the head guy at Ninja Theory so I was definately not feeling this game, but then I got over the look and paid more attention to the way it plays and it actually looks like it can be a lot of fun. With that being said, I still feel that there was no need for a reboot. [/quote]I for one am glad they decided to ditch the white hair look for at least one game. It's pretty much one of the main reasons why I decided not to play the Witcher (2). Don't know why, but I can't stand main characters that have white hair like that. This character, however has a more European vibe to him that I could relate to more than some pseudo-albino. So for people like me who have decided never to play a DMC game, I guess a reboot makes sense. Not that [i]I[/i] will play it now, because the entire story and everything is probably still balls, but still.
  21. Boo

    Mass Effect

    ME3 is coming out for Wii U, along with a roast of other games. I think it's pretty cool how Nintendo uses the Wii U to be less exclusive in its game selection. I hope they will make good use of the tablet because it can serve some great RPG supporting purposes, as well as the combat hub or whatever. Up until now I haven't been impressed with what Nintendo has come up with themselves for the tablet though. :(
  22. Boo

    E3 2012

    I want E3 2012 to have new infos about Beyond Good & Evil 2, Half Life 3 and Doom 4. :( But as for stuff that's more likely to come around, I am interested in Borderlands 2. Hopefully they'll manage to take all the good stuff from the game and then add some more playability to it. Plus, this wub wub trailer did a lot for me. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrAWsSnpgPg[/media]
  23. Boo

    The Ultimate RPG

    [quote name='Shy' timestamp='1337880346' post='711870'] I think writers want to know there is a strong central idea behind an RPG before joining. If your sign-up is too vague on the plot points then the initial posts always seem to suffer. Conversely you don't want to have everything planned out in complete detail because you're denying the other writers a chance to make their mark on the story. [...] Someone needs to steer the ship, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to be rowing at the same time?[/quote]I think that's all pretty much true for most people, 'cept those who do not like it when others are in control too much. Different topic altogether. How long do you usually take to write a [b]DYNAMIC STORY[/b] post? And a thread? I remember quite vividly how my last posts in all [b]DYNAMIC STORIES [/b]I was in probably took me a few hours, even when the post was tiny. Writing my opening post for Bomber in Oceanus was great because I tuned the writing exactly to the song and my own reading speed, and then I needed a background picture that would fit exactly, so I needed to tune that too. Lots of tuning. I like tuning. I had a character that inspired me, and a concept I loved. Combination of music and kick-ass. The only problem is that after that first post, I could not think of something quite as epic, so I wanted to start from 0 again to give me some time for a next big music break, but for some reason all anyone could come up with was that we were under attack constantly, lololololol. I feel like continuing that now.
  24. Is there any way to work on the ignore list? I can still see status updates and comments on those by people I ignore. Those are the worst. I can't seem to find a button to "ignore thread" either, which would be really helpful especially in the Theatre. I lately started keeping track of there again, but most of the new posts are just in threads I don't give a Tinky Winky about. Plus, I also see on the front page when they post (in) threads. I think for this reason, I am leaving OB for good.
×
×
  • Create New...