-
Posts
4066 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
52
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by Boo
-
I know, right? This is what he should be apologizing for.
-
That's ******* gorgeous.
-
I LOVE UX AND ANALYSIS I LOVE SHARING MY AMAZING MARKETING SKILLS Also, I've just been put on the SEO squad on top of my ridiculous amount of tasks. I LOVE SEO
-
I Forgot What You People Look Like (Image Heavy)
Boo replied to 2010DigitalBoy's topic in General Discussion
Woah, check out Becky Norris here going all thaininja on that chick. -
This. I'm currently a Marketing Manager for a photo printing company. Like, you can make photo books and posters and stuff via our website. Honestly, I hardly had a clue about marketing when I started, but I was Dutch and I could write and I could English, so they hired me. Now I'm a kick ass online marketing expert. To be fair, I could not do this job selling something stupid, like BMWs or knives or celery. But I like photos and photo books so it works. I never thought I'd work in marketing, but I'm it. Have to agree with Vicky that learning a trade really well makes it more fun. Fun motivates progress. CIRCLE WOOT. Also we have an elite coffee machine or two at my work, free sammiches and fruit and stuff, and very often cake/pie.
-
Since you came back so we can like your stuff.
-
<3 Ɛ> <3
-
-
Silversun Pickups - Better Nature Amazing album. Boris - Noise Amazing album. Glen Hansard - Didn't He Ramble Pretty amazing album. Marvin Gaye Several live and hits albums, including the duet-albums with Tammi Terrell. Bob Dylan Finally wading through his oeuvre. Keep landing at The Essential Bob Dylan, though. *shrug*
-
My sister had an extra slot in her Netflix account so I started watching more series again. Actually, I watch all the superhero shows, for some reason. They're not that amazing, really, but have a relatively high entertainment factor. Marvel's Jessica Jones & Daredevil - I like the concept. The continuity of "this plays after New York was bombed by superheroes and aliens", and people are actually upset as well about the city being destroyed for a big part. Somewhat. Mostly, they quickly refer to the incidents of the Avengers, but you don't really feel the impact. Both shows are entertaining, but somewhat mediocre. DC's Arrow, The Flash & Gotham - I probably like these a bit more than the Marvel shows, but that's because I mostly like DC more than Marvel. Gotham has the most interesting concept, seeing Bruce Wayne as a kid, and having a police detective (James Gordon) as the main character instead of a superhero. Californication - Watched the first season when it just came out, which was great. Then second season came out, and I couldn't watch past the first two episodes. I finally pulled myself through, this year, and binge watched the entire thing, including that shitty last season. Ray Donovan - Kind of like the superhero series, really.The Americans - Cool concept. Also, pretty okay show.True Detective - Season 1 was ace. Season 2's first episode made me want to take a poo, which I did. Felt better afterwards.Fargo - Saved season 2 for when I have enough time. Season 1 was great.Reading: Terry Pratchett's books revolving around Death have been released as a fancy looking series. Picked up one of those the other day.Just finished Ready Player One which was a pretty neat read, though the ending was mighty cliche.Finished The Circle this year, which lived up to the hype, although Eggers could've made it a bit longer and deeper. Would've liked more vision in it, and an ending that wasn't a direct Orwell reference.Picked up Little Book of Language again for a quick fix of pop linguistics. I read The Rosie Project. Funny.Love Machines by Josh Trujilo. I read comics on the WebToons app now as well. For example the Star Wars comic.Stuff on SEO, Online Marketing, and similar stuff.
-
OB has been a great place of learning, as well as an excellent testing ground. I certainly wouldn't have the same level of [...]* skills if not for OB. EnglishWriting Photoshop/Graphic design (including pixel art)TrollingHTMLAudio editingThese are basically all the skills I use for my job now so thanks for that. Then there's stuff like interpersonal communication. Didn't get much of that here. Most of you are sorta lame. No really, Charles summed that part up pretty well: It's been a great place to get in touch with all sorts of people, with all sorts of backgrounds. As a teenager, it's been really informative and inspiring to sort of get to know all of these people. Especially the relatively strong gay part of the community. But honestly, I've probably learned most from people who are/were complete douche bags in debates and situations, and/or who stuck strongly to some freaky clique. Makes you appreciate the others more. I'll stop now before I get some kind of identity crisis.
-
Oh yeah, there was some important stuff on there. Thanks, Petie.
-
PLAYER NAME: BorisFAVORITE OB RPG CHARACTER NAME: Boo "Dutch" (basically the same gist as Cyanide Kitts, so I'll just consider them as one, because <middle-finger>)CHARACTER'S AGE: 52CHARACTER'S ELEMENT OF POWER:Noir and grey-tones.PLAYER'S OB FORUM OF POWER:Art StudioPLAYER MONTH AND DAY OF BIRTH:October 7thCHARACTER'S IDOL:Max Payne?WHAT IS THE WORST DECISION YOUR CHARACTER EVER MADE? Sign up for OtakuBoards, and this RPG in particular. He's a depressed noir guy, so basically every decision he's made he'd consider bad, or he wouldn't make sense. ... I guess I'll be editing this once I know what the **** is going on, but here's my symbolic sign-up.
-
Weapons are stupid. Carrying them around is silly.
-
I never learn. : (
-
Shut up, Allamorph. You walk around with knives.
-
I'll agree if you edit your punt to add boldness to "board".
-
<h1>Otaku Forums: Anime and Video games on OtakuBoards</h1> <p>Otakus around the world: do you like video games and anime? Otaku<b>Boards</b> is the place to be. With over a million words spent on fandom of either and none of these topics, you will surely find something to suit your interest.</p> <h2>Anime and Manga</h2> <p>On Otaku<b>Boards</b> you will find any discussion imaginable about your favourite animes and mangas. From Deathnote to Dragonball *, in <a href=www.otakuboards.com>OtakuBoards</a> you have found a great new friend.</p> <h2>Video games and other fandom</h2> <p>Gamer geek? James is too. Motivate James in his quest to finally finish Mass Effect after years of playing, and save the world.</p> <h3>James</h3> <p>Is James.</p> <sup>* I don't know many other anime names.</sup> There, amazing SEO text to fill up the Sitemap. Now we will be famous again.
-
Otherwise crowdfund the **** out of it. Also, let's get any type of logo at the top, and some forum icons. Can't we recycle the most essential parts of an old OB version?
-
Woah, it's like Lady Gaga made a popmetal song. Interesting.
-
Not really because apparently hearing loud banging noises and speaking to a pilot is enough info for you, why shouldnt it be for pretty much everybody? He didnt even react to the banging as far as I know. He didn't even react in his breathing to mountain ranges coming right up his face, which psychologists already agreed on is highly unlikely for any person, no matter how mad, as a natural reaction would be to start breathing faster, pump more blood. There's way too little information to mark someone a mass-murderer. Fuck.
-
Everybody has a ******* depression. It's funny how technical problems were discarded right away, and instead they base everything on the few bits of info they got on the black box drives that weren't mysteriously missing. Now, a dead guy is being blamed of murdering about 150 people, based on ****. Everything they want to find out now can easily be found out and can be used against him. "So, you had/have a depression, and you sometime in your life considered suicide? Interesting." "So your ex-girlfriend said you told her the whole world would know your name some day?" "So you had a doctor's note and ignored it?" etc. It's all a load of shite until they get more data from that plane. Until then it's all just really ******* convenient for Airbus (they're French, and the French police were the ones who immediately released the co-pilote story) and Lufthansa that nobody seems to consider any plane defects or any fault at their end except for "well, you can't expect them to run a psychological diagnosis every week, can you?". Ugh. Stop feeding the retard machine. Imagine your sibling dying tragically yesterday and today everyone tells you he's a mass murderer, with barely anything to back it up, but enough to convince the whole world and put it one every headline. ******* hell. **** this ****. ****.