Phantom Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I just find this a funny prospect. When I look at names on OB, I dont take them for how they are meant. An explanation would be in favor here, so I'll have a go at it. I look at various members and see something else from their names. Ex: [b]Liamc2 -> LimAC2[/b] Why I see that, I don?t know.. hehe. Other examples that cross my messed mind: [b]Mnemolth -> Mammoth Jinzounigen17 -> Jetsonman17 Yu Yu Hakusho! -> Yukakoshu[/b] Lol there are just many more things I can think of but, I wan to hear stuff from everyone else lol.
Queen Asuka Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [color=indigo][size=1]I don't know, maybe it's just you, but I don't think I really have that problem. Except that Mitt'raw' guy reminds me of Mewtwo from Pokemon everytime I see his name. Okay, so maybe it's not just you! ^_^;[/color][/size]
Semjaza Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I think Genkai used to have an avatar of Heffer the cow from Rocco's Modern Life. I think of that Heffer picture everytime I see his name...lol. Other than that no... But pretty much everyone seems to make fun of my name.
Anna Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I see your name as Semja Azel. I guess my brain is too lazy to tack on the extra syllables. ^_^
Semjaza Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I get confused typing the azazaz part even... lol. And I write the name like everyday when I sign onto things. Oh well. It's easier to just read it as Semjaza I think.
Genkai Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I say Semjaza Angel.. Oh yeah, 'm tyhinking of using that avatar again.. whee.. That Mith Raww nuddo or whatever? I say Mithrawdo. And when Ryan was noodleZ, wqith those weird things around his name that looked kinda like "E"s? I called him Enoodlez....heh...
wrist cutter Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Hmm... I usually don't have problems with names. If they are rather long and complex, then I just look at the post to make sure I get it right... because I wouldn't really like people screwing up my name either (note the capitalization please...).
Dragonstar Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 (That's another) :D When Genkai was Genkai-yyh, i used to see Genkai yee yeeh, (:therock: :D
Queen Asuka Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [color=indigo][size=1]Genkai's name reminds me of the cow from Rocko's Modern Life, too. I really miss that show. Wrist cutter, your name is VERY hard to mess up. But of course, I'm sure it's been done, right?[/color][/size]
wrist cutter Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i] [B]Wrist cutter, your name is VERY hard to mess up. But of course, I'm sure it's been done, right? [/B][/QUOTE] No, not that I can remember... unless it was a typo or something. The only thing people have trouble with is the lack of capitalization, heh. But usually I don't go by wrist cutter... my other screen name as been messed up a few times.
Queen Asuka Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [color=indigo][size=1]I capitalized everything out of habit. Even I capitalized your name up there. ^_^ What's your other screenname then?[/color][/size]
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i] [B]I just find this a funny prospect. When I look at names on OB, I dont take them for how they are meant. An explanation would be in favor here, so I'll have a go at it. I look at various members and see something else from their names. Ex: [b]Liamc2 -> LimAC2[/b] Why I see that, I don?t know.. hehe. Other examples that cross my messed mind: [b]Mnemolth -> Mammoth Jinzounigen17 -> Jetsonman17 Yu Yu Hakusho! -> Yukakoshu[/b] Lol there are just many more things I can think of but, I wan to hear stuff from everyone else lol. [/B][/QUOTE] Someone took MY name...? Nah, just kidding....it's a bit strange....looks like the person didn't know how to spell the show. Do they even come here anymore? LOL, I think I saw this on another posting board: Inyouyasa.....which is supposed to be Inuyasha. 0_o
wrist cutter Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Usually I go by haruka... which doesn't seem very easy to mess up but it has a few times.
BabyGirl Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [color=deeppink]I am clueless as how to pronounce Jinzouningen17's user name. I see it and think, "Jinzoogenzoogen".[/color]
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 A lot of times I wonder where some people get their names...I understand all of the fanatical DBZ names and other anime names, but some others I just can't figure out.
wrist cutter Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i] [B][color=deeppink]I am clueless as how to pronounce Jinzouningen17's user name. I see it and think, "Jinzoogenzoogen".[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] Ji - as is "gee" n - as in "moo[b]n[/b]" zo - as in "zoh" u - actually pronounced "oh", lengthening the sound of "zo" ni - as in "knee" n - as in "fighti[b]ng[/b]" ge - as in "[b]ge[/b]t" n - as in "fighti[b]ng[/b]"
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Wow......I'm astonished. How did you figure THAT out?
wrist cutter Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i] [B]Wow......I'm astonished. How did you figure THAT out? [/B][/QUOTE] Japanese pronunciation is pretty uniform...
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 That is Japanese??? Well, I'm not an expert and I'm still learning, but I never thought that that name was in Nihongo. And I already knew that you were really good at Japanese. I just thought you were some prounciation wiz or something....0_o
Syk3 Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Why do I have the feeling that someone is going to say that when they see my name, they see "Sky"?
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 Whenever I see your name I think of "Sky3." Or "Syke3."
ZeroBlade Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 *Tries to say Jinzoogenzoogen as wrist cutter outlined it* Damn... try saying that 3 times fast... Now I stumble on a few names. Mystic's Knight as Mystic Knight. Call Genkai as Genkai yee under the old name. Semjaza as Sajema Axel. Mnemolth as milemoth. Alot of names indeed. Heck I do it to myself and just call me Zero G. :-/
BabyGirl Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]Ji - as is "gee" n - as in "moo[b]n[/b]" zo - as in "zoh" u - actually pronounced "oh", lengthening the sound of "zo" ni - as in "knee" n - as in "fighti[b]ng[/b]" ge - as in "[b]ge[/b]t" n - as in "fighti[b]ng[/b]" [/B][/QUOTE] [color=deeppink]Thank you. I knew someone would eventually feel compelled to show me how to pronounce it :)[/color]
Yu Yu Hakusho! Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 I can now say Jinzouningen17's name.... I good at saying Japanese prounciations, but writing it in Japanese is killer....I am so lost. Romanji is so easy, but I get so discouraged sometimes. *sighs* '_'
wrist cutter Posted January 3, 2003 Posted January 3, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i] [B]That is Japanese??? Well, I'm not an expert and I'm still learning, but I never thought that that name was in Nihongo.[/B][/QUOTE] hai, nihongo desu. "jinzouningen" wa futatsu kotoba. "jinzou" wa eigo de "artificial", soshite, "ningen" wa "human". [img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/jinzouningen.jpg[/img]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now