Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
if anyone mispronounced my name .... i'd literally die laughing.

stitch lol i got it from lilo and stitch not to hard to remember but still.

yes i CANNOT call Aries Kinetic! it won't happen forget it!
!stitch!
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
I pronounced Mitth'raw'nuruodo's name right. I just can't spell it very well.

Getting back to the topic at hand, I've never really had that problem with people's names. I basically only pay attention to them if they catch my eye or if I'm going to reply to someone in particular.
Posted
UGGH. I HATE THE NEW USERTNAMES!! I cant call "Kinetic" anything but Aries.Hehe.

I say syk3 as Sick. Lol. When I was genkai_yyh as a faster way, I said genkaich., or genkai-sh. lol.

And I say Lady Katana just plain Lady K. It's easier.
Posted
[color=#9933ff]When Endymion first signed up, I thought his name was Endymon, like a Digimon. ^_^;;;

I also pronounced Mitth'raw'nuruodo' name as myth-raw-nah-dow. Know that I know how to pronouce it correctly, I'll certainy try.

Before I took the time to stop and pronounce Semjaza's name, it was Semjazel for me. ^_^;;; Now I ponounce it "Sehm-jah-zah Ah-zah-zehl". Still don't know it it's right, but pretty good.

I used to say Lady Macadioth as Lady Macdoth. I missed a couple vowels there. Heh.

Did I pronounce Cera right? I always thought it was seh-rah, because the "e" is there.

Whn M own name was roxieortatiana, I used to hate it being smushed together, because it looks like it says "roxie ORT atiana". -.-[/color]
Posted
I don't think I've had a real problem with names as such (although I always see TN as Transtric Nerve, and I always pronounced Jinzo's name like Jinzo-onion), but I get people confused. It took me ages to be able to work out that Medra and Warlock were separate people, and Devidramon and shadowdramon more or less became one entity to me for a few weeks after I first joined.

Heh, I've been lucky so far in that I've never had to call Mitth by his name before. But I never had a problem with Syk3, strangely enough.

Semjaza Azazel kind of sounds like a spell in Harry Potter to me. :modrod:
Guest Anakin Solo
Posted
Well, now since you all know how to pronounce my name, you can pronounce it right. :-D Or......you can take the easy way out like Boba does.....and call me Thrawn :p.......



That one Jin.....17 guy.....I pronounce it Jinzoogen. No idea how to say it. :D And there was Cera......See-ra......But I think it was supposed to be pronounced Sara....I think.....
Posted
[color=green]well, i alwats thought tn was transactic nerve. don't ask me why. and i call jin*insert rest of name here*17, jin17. and i used to have a problem with syk3, but ever since he made my banner, i never mess up on his name. and thrawn... i won't even try. semajaza, i call semajaza or semajaza azazel. i don't know how i pronunce it right when i can't even spell it. it could be that i'm just a horrable speller. and i only know one person who messes up my name, and that's semajaza when he calls me ssj. i don't really care, though.[/color]
Posted
[size=1] [FONT=century gothic] [color=crimson] I took me a while to get used to everyones new name when the 'name change' happened. But then again, i get confused when people change avatars, like I do that alot :D

I often when i was new here, got Flash, Medra, and Warlock all mixed up, I was confused lol. And after the name change, I remember thinking "who is that new moderator Medra" and "where is Supersayan?"
[/size] [/FONT] [/color]
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]I used to think it was Min-ith-raw-amudo. o.o

*dodges tomatoes*

[b]Lady K:[/b] During my first month or so, I thought it was 'Kittana'. That's where I got my rpg chars' last names though. ^_^

[b]Sniglefager:[/b] Sin-gle-fin-ger.

-----

Ways to pronounce Juu's name:

Juu: Jew.
Juuthena: Jew-thee-na
Juuthena: Jew-then-a
Juuthena: Juu-ten-a

Dyne: Dine. ^_^;

*crawls under chair*[/color] [/size]
Posted
[color=blue]*breathes sigh of relief* Oh thank god, i've been pronouncing Juuthena's name correctly ^_^

I'd be really worried if any of you couldn't pronounce my name o.O

Anyway, there's about four names here I have trouble with.
[b]Mnemolth -[/b] I have no idea how this is pronounced, I usually pronounce it without the M...[i]please[/i] tell us how to say it properly, Mnemolth. It's driving me crazy :p

[b]Mitth'raw'nuruodo -[/b] I don't even try to say this one...

[b]Jinzouningen 17 -[/b] I'm lost after the 'Jin' part...

[b]Deus -[/b] I just realised that's strange, seeing as he's a good friend and i don't know how to pronounce his name, lol. I think he told me once, but I can't remember. Anyway, I prefer to call Deus Dan, so I guess it doesn't matter ^^[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rain [/i]
[B][color=blue][b]Mnemolth -[/b] I have no idea how this is pronounced, I usually pronounce it without the M...[i]please[/i] tell us how to say it properly, Mnemolth. It's driving me crazy :p
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You've got it right. :)

Its pronounced nem-moth. The M is silent.

I'm still waiting for someone to figure out where my name is from... :D
Posted
[quote][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth[/i]
[b]You've got it right. :)

Its pronounced nem-moth. The M is silent.[/b][/quote]

[color=blue]Alright! ^_^ heh...now I just need to find out how old you are...[/color]
Posted
[font=gothic][color=crimson]I just need to find out where he lives...

I've read it before, but I can't remember where from. Hell, I've read a lot of stuff I can't remember right now.[/font][/color]
Posted
I kind of always just assumed Mnemolth was from Hellblazer, but it's spelled without the L in there heh (I believe he is some sort of demon in it). It's the only simliar name I can even think of seeing.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by genkai [/i]
[B]I always called Mnemloth as Mnel-moth.

That's how I've always thought it was spelled until now. Meh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Er...hmm...please tell me you did that on purpose...:D
Posted
I see:

Mnemolth - Mothman
Semjaza Azazel - Semaja

Everything else is easy. It's just too much work to try to pronounce something right when all I really have to do is spell it. For thats the easy part. Yet for some reason, people continue to spell my name wrong... always... It's probably easier to pronounce than it is to spell.
Posted
I've never ever been in a situation where I've ever had to say any of your names outloud. So I've never really thought about it. I kind of sound them out in my head, but so many names here are not exactly natural for me to pronounce. Most of the time I kind of just read the first few letters or section of someone's name, and that's how I tell who wrote what.

Some of the stuff you guys are coming up with for my name are harder to pronounce than the original haha.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rain [/i]
[B][color=blue][b]Deus -[/b] I just realised that's strange, seeing as he's a good friend and i don't know how to pronounce his name, lol. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]"day-us ex mach-een-ah" ^_^

It's a literary term (and a character I believe).[/color]
Posted
I mistook James' name for "Jammy Z" once for some reason

Most people usually say my name as "Sef-roth" which of course is wrong, lol

Seffy Roth is the closest I can type out, lol

I hate it when people pronounce it as Seperot though -_-
Posted
[color=deeppink] [size=1]*sinks back*
When I first joined, I always thought it was Sep-y-rot ^^;

Here's a few others I've mixed up...

[b]Etarah's Knight:[/b] Eat-ar-hah's kin-ight (don't ask)
[b]Semjaza Azazel:[/b] Sem-ja-ma As-ka-cel.
[b]Serendity:[/b] Ser-en-dip-it-y
[b]Syk8:[/b] Sky-eight [b]Edit:[/b] Syk3 @.@;
[b]PiroMunkee:[/b] Edit: PiroMunkie @.@'[/color] [/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1][b]Syk8:[/b] Sky-eight[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
Syk[b]8[/b]? o.o' I've seen it said a lot of ways (from Sky 3 to Aries) but never Syk8. *_*

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...