Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Has anyone ever noticed that some people use internet slang even when they are offline. For instance "LOL that was funny" when it really wasn't and your talking to that person right next to you ..oh so annoying.
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue]i've done it when writing notes or letters, but i have never in my life heard someone do it while speaking [i]out loud.[/i] good god, that [i]would[/i] be annoying. sounds like the people who do that are just trying to show off their mighty computer prowess to me![/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well. . for the most part, I don't really know too many people who do this. My sister says j/k (jay slash kay) quite a bit. I really find it funny more then anything. My friends and I will us LOL ever so often, just trying to be annoying more then saving ourselves any time actually laughing (I will let you think about that O.o)

One thing we tend to do is say "kk, la~" When we used to play Everquest (an MMORPG that several of my friends played), one of the things that people used to say at the end of their sentence was kk, la~ . . . well, we just do it for kicks now I guess. We don't really run around saying it to strangers or anything, since I know they probably have no clue, and wouldn't get it. Well. . . just my two cents. I think some of the slang can be annoying, but it just depends on how often it is used, and who uses it. *shrug* [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]If anyone said or spelled out lol in person, I'd probably punch them in the face. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] [b][i]lol[/i][/b], my thoughts exactly.

No, I never really hear internet lingo being spoken other than on the 'net. I know, I get out so much.[/color]
Posted
[color=royal blue]The worst I ever got was trying to say BTW IRL. I would say the first two letters...then pause...and wonder what the heck was going on with my brain.

(Internet junkie!)

The only real thing that's carried over is bwee and bwa. And worse yet, it's catching on over here. X_x[/color]
Posted
[size=1]There is a SNL sketch about this, with Jimmy Falon.

[b]"Laugh Out Loud, Semi-Colon -- Parenthesis!"[/b]

Very funny. Heh.

i've picked up a few different phrases from online that I use in real life, but nothing like "lol". Sometimes I might quote something that Sara said, and none of my friends understand what I am doing. It's a very awkward experience...

-Shy[/size]
Posted
Wow I remember a topic like this a while ago. "You know you have no life when...."

Heh great topic.

Yeah I've done it myself before....I don't say L-O-L

I say "La"

But I've only done that twice! And thats because I was on AIM for 2 days straight without going to sleep! Thats my excuse!
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink]I know a few people or do it, but they being serious. They exagerate so much, it's hard not to think that it's a complete joke.


If I didn't stop myself, I'd say "lol" all the time. ^_^[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]*dodges Semji*

I've been sooo close to saying 'lol' about a million times so far. >>; Each time I end up saying:

Juu: Lo-...
Celia: What!?
Juu: Nothing. o_o;

Bah. She teases me about going on the internet too much. In fact... all of my friends have asked me how many hours I spend online. ^_^;;;[/color] [/size]
Posted
I don't hear Internet terms spoken in real dialogue. People don't call freshmen "newbies" or anything. When people tag the bathroom walls we call it graffiti, not "SPAM." No one has ever said "lol" either. Laughter is a natural demonstration of human emotion--so if someone slips and says it, they definitely need to get out more...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DarkOrderKnight [/i]
[B]
I didn't feel like speaking for the rest of the day. [/B][/QUOTE]
As in you actually said LOL? That's horrible.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...