OtakuBoards

Maturity vs. Age?

BabyGirl

[color=deeppink]Okey, well as some of you may already know, I'm really into the whole human psychology thing.

Tonight I got thinking about the whole maturity versus age thing, and how many people may be mature beyond their years. These would be people who can laugh things off, don't overreact, can't stay mad at one person for too long, and who don't fly off the handle at a comment.

At the other end of the spectrum would be the people whos maturity hasn't quite caught up to their age. They're the exact opposite of the "mature" ones.

I was also thinking about this: Does maturity come with age or experience? My opinion is experience if someone handles it well. The more a person goes through in their life, and the better they handle a situation, the more maturity they gain.

In my personal experience, age has absolutely nothing to do with maturity...at all :p.

Ok, I'm done for now. I think this may be more of an observation than a topic where opinions can be posted, but feel free to anyway. I'm in that "deep state of mind" tonight, especially after a conversation I just had :D[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]These would be people who can laugh things off, don't overreact, can't stay mad at one person for too long, and who don't fly off the handle at a comment.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ehh... thats basically me I guess.... except sometimes I fly off at certain comments, other times I keep my cool.... i worry too much though... I worry about everything... and I don't laugh everything off.

Maturity comes from experience... Believe me on that one... I've been through alot in my life.... experience has matured me... alot of immature people seem to have life easy.... you look at them and they don't work, they slack off in school.... basically alot of people who have had everything done by mommy or daddy and just sit back on their @ss and expect things... Spoiled kids... they don't know life. They don't know how to handle life... Unless they get a wake up call, they never will know... and then they will fail in life...

If you make yourself more mature, which you can do, your life gets a different and better prespective. You see things in a smarter view. You think before you act... That thinking will either make you fail or succeed in life... people who lack that mature thinking ability will fail... By the time they realize their mistake, it'll be too late...

I need bed time now.... i dunno why i even wrote all that.... oh well...

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]Hmm imagien someone in your famil is crippled(you tell this to sum1) and they walk by and say "hmph cripple"

But imagine your saying this to someone who has problems similiar but not that similiar(lets say cancer) adn you wlak by someone with cancer and say "hmph cancer fool"

Hmmm what do you think about that? [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm failing to see the conection here. All I know is that most of your post these days don't make a whole lot of sense...what does that have to do with maturity? AH! confused.

Guest Master O Beans
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]
These would be people who can laugh things off, don't overreact, can't stay mad at one person for too long, and who don't fly off the handle at a comment.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yay! me definitely has these qualities! Well, in most times at least, there have been times in the past when I have "lost my cool" and gotten rather upset with someone, and said some things that I've regreted in the heat of the moment, but I think we all do that, it's part of life, and as long as you use something like that as a learning expiriece, it definitely shows a sign of maturity. so in general, I'd say me is pretty mature, when I have to be, but life is a lot funner (not proper english) when you're blind to the serious things in life! hence, I put on a whole Masquerade of inmaturity :) and me likes it!:wigout:

Hmm... Im 12... So if it is by age than Im pretty imature... but why do i seem to act more mature than everyone in my Grade and some above... Belive it or not I am the most mature kid in the 7th grade. I have a very open mind I know what to say around people I dont stay angry at people for long even though some people repededly make me angry, the only thing that may make you think Im immature is that I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut, like everyone else in the class, well cept for my best friend who is shy, and i dont act like a 6 year old like half the kids I know, and who ever said that girls are more mature than boys have'nt meet any of the girls in my class.

Thats alot longer than i thought it be, and I think I may have put to many commas.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Maturity comes from experience... Believe me on that one... I've been through alot in my life.... experience has matured me... alot of immature people seem to have life easy.... you look at them and they don't work, they slack off in school.... basically alot of people who have had everything done by mommy or daddy and just sit back on their @ss and expect things... Spoiled kids... they don't know life. They don't know how to handle life... Unless they get a wake up call, they never will know... and then they will fail in life...

[/B][/QUOTE]

i'm not proud to admit it..but you just perfectly described myself. but i have reasons the way i turned out to be..and i'm not man enough to take my responsibilites..yet..

mom said man matures slower than woman. so woman should marry to an older man..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by zanza [/i]
[B]Wow, I don't think any of those qualities of a mature person apply to me. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]I would agree. ;)

I think that it's a combination. Yes, maturity mostly comes with experience...but sometimes, even when you've had a great deal of experiences at a young age, you aren't mature enough to handle it.

I think that maturity has a lot to do with genes...and a lot of biological factors, rather than just a single factor like age or experience. It's a combination of a lot of things.[/color]

I think its all about balance...if you experience something, are you old enough to learn and remember so it'll help you out in the future? But once you experience something mature for the first time, you need time for it to absorb into your mind (and heart). When you age and you look back at all the tough experiences you've had, it may seem like child's play, simple, insignificant. But those experiences are what guided your life to where you are now so they mean a whole lot more.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJGoten [/i]
[B]hmmmm, hold on. I gotta think how i can make my post make more sense. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think that your post may have been directed towards me personally, if that's so, I get it, Goten.[/color]

My deep state of mind is when I sit their staring into space thinking about everthing in life. About how my sister says their are to many immature ppl on the bus when she is one of them. Most of the time I would have to say I just want to laugh and go nuts, but sometimes I would also say that I am way to dramatic.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]

I'm failing to see the conection here. All I know is that most of your post these days don't make a whole lot of sense...what does that have to do with maturity? AH! confused. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes i also see that. lol:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=darkblue]
I think that it's a combination. Yes, maturity mostly comes with experience...but sometimes, even when you've had a great deal of experiences at a young age, you aren't mature enough to handle it.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, but as you grow older you mature faster and better than people that didn't have those experiences. At least thats how i precieve it... from personal experience...

I study psychology myself (independently, the school I go to has a half-semester class, and from what I've heard it teaches nill. That's where Barnes and Nobles comes in...;) ) and I've often thought about this myself. When looking at personalities, I tend to take the behaviourist perspective: "views personailty as merely a reflection of the person's learning history"; and also the situational and interactive perspectives. So, my opinion is that maturity come through experience. What makes someone mature? What makes someone immature? I don't think age is a factor in the slightest, though in some cases it may be relevant. From the time a person is a child, their entire environment molds them, and since so many people have been brought up so many differnent ways--therefore being exposed to different degrees of difficulty, loss, or lack thereof--it would be hard to try and pin-point a one single thing that matures a person. It's very individualistic, but I still think that a person's trial and error experience plays a major role.