Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest The Bouncer
Posted
Desbreko ill try to add more to my post( sorry about thais post)
Posted
I've been looking around lately for more info on the games and apparently alot of the old pokemon will be left out in the new games. If this is true (I'm saying if cause they might be wrong) then I'm Not going to be a very happy person.

If you want to check out the list of the unobtainable pokemon then click [url=http://www.pokemasters.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=214&page=1]here[/url].
Posted
wtf I can't believe they did that. All 100 of those mews in Red, a waste? Now I gotta dig up my gameshark again and get them pokemon again dammnit, I thought my cheatin' days were over. This game may actually conclude the downfall of Pokemon.
Posted
[color=royalblue]That would be quite odd to have none of those Pokémon available, as there's a new Pokémon that I believe is an alternative evolution from Metapod to Butterfree called Butafly, but if that's the case, it will make the process of getting them all a bit harder. Perhaps the E-Reader cards will come into play in this scenario. You know, you would have to go to a designated place, scan the card, then you'll be able to battle and try to capture the Pokémon.[/color]
Posted
I hope not. The e-readers to my opinion arn't really worth it. They probably cost alot ([size=1]haven't really checked so excuse me if I'm being stupid on that point[/size]) and all you can play on them are mini games beside's the extra pokemon battle's. I like the idea of the card swiping thing but it's still to... mini :p ([size=1]hopefully they'll develope this better in the futur. Who know's? You might accually be able to play full games on them someday. Until then I think I'll wait[/size]).This is just a cheap way to squeez more money outta us...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkmoon [/i]
[B]...and all you can play on them are mini games beside's the extra pokemon battle's.[/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You can play full games on it, actually. I think they have two series of NES games out for the thing, now, maybe more.

Even with NES games, though, there isn't enough you can do with it yet to make me spend the money on it. (I think they cost about $30, but I'm not sure). I, too, am still hoping that they'll start using it for more things.

But anyway, if those Pokémon just aren't in the game, or you have to use the e-Reader to get them or something like that, I don't think I'm going to be getting Ruby or Sapphire. Personally, I'm not willing to spend the money on the game, an e-Reader, and a bunch of e-Reader cards so that I can catch every Pokémon.[/color]
Posted
There's always a way.....GAMESHARK!!! Even though I tried to steer away from using it anymore, this is an outrage and I need to take action. e-reader.........that's just wrong to do that. In fact they may already have gameshark codes on the site so I'm gonna go check that out. CYA!!!!*runs off*
Posted
[color=indigo]Yeah, well, I don't like to cheat, especially for getting new Pokémon. It takes away that feeling of satisfaction of getting them on your own... And isn't that one of the biggest parts of the Pokémon games? Catching 'em all?

I think I'd shell out the dough for an e-Reader and cards before I'd use a GameShark. (If you do end up having to use the e-Reader, that is).[/color]
Posted
Beleive it or not I've never once used a cheat ever in playing any of my games. Like Desbreko said, it take's alot of the fun outta it.

[size=1]*sigh*.... And here I was hopeing ever since I first heard about the games that I would be finally able to catch Charmander Squirtle and Bulbasuar. Especially Charmander. They'll make sure that you can never catch those begining few pokemon.[/size]
Posted
Not having the first 251 Pokemon can seriously cramp the gameplay, I mean that you won't be able to "Catch 'em all" which defeats the purpose of the game, and also you won't be able to use your Pokemon that you have used in every other Pokemon game, I really am shocked at this news:eek:

Anyway I thinkl that this should be the last Pokemon game on The Gameboy because they have done just to many pokemon now and I'm pretty sure that thay are just going to use shapes I mean just look at some of the new ones C.H.rist some of them look worse then a demented bee. True some of them look really cool like that one thats like a giant turtle with smoke pouring from every crevise! HA:laugh:
Posted
[color=royalblue]I'll admit that it would suck not to be able to use all the Pokémon in the new games, but that would make it a bit harded and more challenging in the game, so in a way it's better.

As for the design of the new Pokémon, I like them. You say these designs are bad, but you seem to be forgetting about the most underdesigned character that came out in the beginning, Ditto. -__-; It looks like a wad of gum. All of the Pokémon are based on basic geometric shapes, which would make them all seem similar in a way. It all depends on the way you look at it.

I doubt that this will be the last games made for the GBA, if the earlier patterns are any clue as the way Nintendo will go. As it's happened, they've always had the next series tied into last one. With the Primary Colors Series (Red, Blue, and Yellow), the games were able to tie into the Precious Metals Series (Gold, Silver and Crystal) via the Time Capsule. With the Precious Gems Series (Ruby and Sapphire), I'm betting the'll make a third one, more than likely named Emerald, and then they'll make another series to tie into that one. Nintendo'll probably make the next Pokémon Stadium for the GCN, and then go from there.[/color]
Posted
Colors, metals, now gems. What's gonna come after that? Elements? (I'm not insulting, I'm just truly wondering)

Maybe They'll have something like pokemon Storm version... That sounds funky, scratch that O.o;;

[quote]Not having the first 251 Pokemon can seriously cramp the gameplay...[/quote]

They are not going to get rid of the first 251. Did you even look over the list? They are just takeing out a few, some of each really. Maybe 150 all together, but not 251.
Posted
[I]I just checked the list over myself and counted that there are 183 Pokémon not included! that's 183!! I can understand them leaving out the odd thirty - forty or so, so that you had to trade but that's just too much. And to think I was greatly anticipating this game for ages now. To me this all seems like another one of Nintendo's big let downs! Where's Sega when you need them?[/I]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by silentdeath [/i]
[B]i believe that beautifly evolves from the new silicoon and there is another that i cannot remember but it is a moth that evolves from a cocoon as well. [/B][/QUOTE]

great thats just whats needed more cocoon pokemon that can't do anything!
Posted
[color=royalblue]Actually, Paul, the only time a Cocoon Pokémon can't do anything is when you catch it in the wild. If you raise it from the Worm form, it can keep Tackle or Poison Sting. ^_~

I severely doubt that Cocoon Pokémon will be so screwed over move-wise in Ru/Sp. From what I gather, there will be a bunch of new moves incorporated into Pokémon movesets, so perhaps there will be new Bug-type moves as well. Lord knows Megahorn was God-sent to Bug-type trainers when the Precious Metals series came out, so here's to hoping...[/color]
Posted
Here are the english names of the new pokemon to anyone interested. [URL=http://www.pokeschool.com/videogames/rubysapphire/names.html]R/S[/URL]
Posted
[color=royalblue]Rei, I moved your post to this thread, as it's more about the game series than the animé. ^_~ Thanks, by the way.[/color]
Posted
[color=indigo]Hmm, seems that during the merge, the name of the thread got changed, and it got unstuck... *fixes it* :)

And yes, thanks for the link. *looks through list*[/color]
Posted
I actually bought this today heh.

I went to Target, bought Gungrave for PS2 for $15. I then brought it back without a receipt at Walmart, and got $50 store credit. Game was only $30, and it comes with a strategy guide even. Good deal.

They only had Sapphire left, so I was stuck with that one. I plan on playing it a bit tonight.

So I guess I'll be coming in the Pokemon forum sometimes... Everyone here seems to know 10 times more about it than I do lol. I've not played since Blue, and I didn't even play most of that.
Posted
I've forgotten about Pokemon, since I wasted all of my money on it a few years back. But to me, I must get this game. It shall hold me over for a few days. Knock away my boredom. Even though I don't like the show, the game is fun.. ^_^
Posted
[color=royalblue]I do believe that Ru/Sp hit UK shelves next Monday, the 24th. I remember that's what I told Skitty because I've seen it somewhere before, but it came out here on St. Patrick's Day. ^^;[/color]
Guest Watinabe
Posted
I forgot about pokemon as well since I wasted my money to but I might as well try this game and go for pokemon again:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...