OtakuBoards

'Faint' by Linkin Park

LostProphet

Anybody heard this? It's off the new album, and on the Player the site has set up as well. It's a pretty heavy, anger filled song, but what have you come to expect from LP?

PS: I didnt know if I should start up a new topic or find the old LP I started. This one is meant to be about this ONE SONG. A thousand apologies if I'm mistaken.

I've heard the whole CD, and while I'm not a remotely a Linkin Park fan... I'll admit it's decent. I'm not quite sure it's going to live up to everyone's opinions of the original CD, but it does what it does pretty damn well.

I found Somewhere I Belong to be the weakest, but right now I can't think of which number Faint was... I'll have to replay it heh.

Yeah, "Faint" is hot, but I still think that "Don't Stay" and "Lying From You" are the best tracks on the CD. ^_^ I mean, not to say that the whole CD isnt hot. Quite possibly their best CD yet(including their underground ones, before they even became known as Linkin Park). But those 2 are just my favorites. :D

Oh Man, this CD is great! I got it in the mail yasterday, blasted it 10 times and fell asleep happy...except I have a headache. Lying From You is a great song...I think its something with the beginning parts, since they use the same instrument technique and it sounds the same...

[color=darkblue]Unfortunatly, I haven't been able to get a copy of 'Meteora' yet, but y friend has, so I listened to it around his house. From my first impression, this album pretty damn sweet, 'Faint' is a sweet song, but my favourite so far is 'Figure.09'. [/color]

[color=003399](Faint = #7 semjah)

The whole CD is awesome... i've listened to every song like 4 times tonight...

I like how Faint fell together, it's really fast and the lyrics suit it.[/color]

Faint.... the shortest lyrical song on the album....

I realllllly wish LP would make songs longer than 3 minutes....

This song didn't stick out too much. I much prefer Don't Stay, Lying From You, Breaking the Habbit (which is a style not heard much from LP), From the Inside, and Numb.... Session was a really awesome song as well, however no lyrics. Which is not bad, just didn't put it in the same category. Reminded me of the remix of One Step Closer in a way.... less trancy, more beaty.

[color=teal]I won't bother mentioning what songs I find better yet, after only listening to the album nearly two times, but I love the backround tune to 'Faint' (the verse). The fast tune and lyrics I find really good.

The whole album is awesome, although I also wish LP would make longer songs, but I guess they can't do everything right. [/color]

135 Beats Per Minute (BPM) is pretty damn fast. It mentions that in the booklet. I'm starting to like Nobody's Listening (#11). The Japanese Flute at the beginning is cool. What is the name of it actually? It begins with an 'S', thats all I know...

LP

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by LostProphet [/i]
[B]135 Beats Per Minute (BPM) is pretty damn fast. It mentions that in the booklet. I'm starting to like Nobody's Listening (#11). The Japanese Flute at the beginning is cool. What is the name of it actually? It begins with an 'S', thats all I know...

LP [/B][/QUOTE]

Sakuhachi

LostProphet, if you like lots of beats to your songs, check out New Skin by Incubus. I read somewhere that on average it has like 500 beats per minute. Could be wrong, but I doubt there is a faster song anywhere.

Anywho, on topic, Faint is all right. I liked Hit the Floor a lot moreso than any of them. Most others were just so-so, but still, Cure For The Itch is my favorite Linkin Park song.

I like a lot of songs on the new CD, including this one. It's pretty different from normal Linkin Park songs, and it has a nice beat. I think other cool new ones are tracks 4 and 11 (I don't have the song titles). Overall though, I'd say the last CD was better.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DaRk_ChArIzArD [/i]
[B]Yeah I liked the new Linkin Park CD! Is there a new one comming out? [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you retarded?

sorry, couldn't help that one.

Anyways, my friend bought it. it's a great cd, def. some differences than the last one.

Dont specifically remember the song in question. I'll listen to it, and then edit this post later.

I bought the CD it's first day out on the shelves and I must say that it's all good, specifically hit the floor, lying my way from you, nobody's listening, and easier to run. Session is also good, and that is not to say that the rest of the songs dont rock. Im very happy to hear more of Chairman Hanh, but kinda wish some of the phat synth stuff from Reanimation was back. LP RULEZ!!! Go Pheonix...

[color=green]Now I have come to terms with the album (listened to it over 50 times!) I have sort of decided on an order of my favourite songs with lyrics in (excludes Session and Foreward):
1.Don't Stay (track-2)
2.Nobody's Listening (track-11)
3.Numb (track-13)
4.Easier To Run (track-6)
5.Faint (track-7)
6.Breaking The Habit (track-9)
7.Hit The Floor (track-5)
8.Somewhere I Belong (track-3)
9.From The Inside
10.Lying From You
11.Figure.09

It was major hard to choose especially when you like the band that much all the songs are just as good. 5-11 was incredibly hard to choose they are about the same in my opinion and I've probably made a few mistakes in the order, but ah well (may edit). The first four in my list just stand out more and stay in my head longer (also Somewhere I Belong, but that's because it's always on the television! Faint was the first I liked on the album other than Somewhere I Belong, because of its tune, which could of struck the creator of this thread as well when first heard).
Hybrid Theory I think still rules over Meteora, but it's mighty close. What would your list be?

-10 hours later- :demon:[/color]