OtakuBoards

The Matrix

ThePikasElbow

I [COLOR=seagreen]really[/COLOR] loved this movie! I never saw all of the first one because at the time it didn't interest me. I saw portions of it on tv. The trailor to Reloaded' looked awesome so I had to see it. I saw it sunday then again on monday. It definitly is on my top movies list. I love it as much, almost more than The Mummy/Returns', and for anyone who really knows me, they know that Mummy obsession of mine. If I could, I'd watch it again. :p

The special effects and fighting blew me away. I knew it would be good but it was beyond that. ^_^

I plan to see Revolutions the day it comes out, it looks awesome aswell.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink][b]*Possible Spoilers[/b]

Am I the only one who really loved the sex scene? ::mummers of "Pervert." are heard:: :p

I seriously thought that that particular scene showed the extent of inner turmoil Neo was going through at the time. He and Trinity hadn't had a chance to have sex for [i]weeks[/i] and yet he still couldn't even enjoy it because of his vision of Trinity's death. [That would suck, wouldn't it?] I think that scene, while maybe not entirely needed, fit really well. I loved loved [i]loved[/i] it, it was probably the one element that prevented me from falling asleep in the theater ^_^;[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I totally agree with you. I had a post earlier stating why I thought it made a lot of sense to be put in the movie. I do have to say, I only gave it one 'loved' out of three *ducks* It had it's purpose in the movie, as well as the whole rave scene.

btw - Syk3, thanks for the imput on the Oracle. I really need to play that game >_< I figured they would come up with some sort of story like that if Gloria Foster wasn't going to be in the third movie at all.

Also, a lot of what you said in your post, me and my brother have come to a lot of the similar ideas. Some of what you said, we have talked about basically word for word, while others, only slight variations on.

I was curious about something. . How many people dressed up for the movie? I did not (any of the times I went to this movie), but the thought crossed my mind that it would be interesting. I think it would be even more interesting to get a bunch of people to dress up 'Matrix' style and go see Finding Nemo or something to that effect =) [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1] [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I was curious about something. . How many people dressed up for the movie? I did not (any of the times I went to this movie), but the thought crossed my mind that it would be interesting. I think it would be even more interesting to get a bunch of people to dress up 'Matrix' style and go see Finding Nemo or something to that effect =) [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]
I was thinking about going to see the movie wearing all-black with a burgundy necktie, but then I realized that going to see "Matrix Reloaded" dressed as Morpheus was one step away from going to see a Star Wars film dressed as a Wookie.

At least that's the way I see it.

[quote][i]Originally Posted by NorykoAngelcry[/i]
[spoiler]On a sad note, Gloria Foster (the Oracle) passed away a few years ago (2001). I was surprised to read that, but thought, well, they could have just recorded her scenes earlier. . but now, I am curious what amount of time she will be in the final movie, if she even will be. I would hope that they got the scenes with her, instead of getting replaced (though, as it is a computer program, it would be easy enough to say she was just 'updated' or 'upgraded'. . or what not).[/spoiler][/quote]

[color=002E55]When Neo meets her, she says something along the lines of 'next time we meet, I won't be the same'. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I think she's going to be different. Don't quote me on that, though.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Red [/i]
[B][color=002E55]When Neo meets her, she says something along the lines of 'next time we meet, I won't be the same'. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I think she's going to be different. Don't quote me on that, though.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Does she really say that? I must have missed it, but I guess she knew she was going to die. If she did, it wouldn't be that surprising, it sounds right to me.

[color=#808080]The voice in the Revolutions trailer sounds different to the original actress's voice, in my opinion. In fact, I was originally wondering who it was supposed to be.

So, it sounds like it might be another Oracle...who knows. [/color]

• 1 month later...
Playing the game adds a lot to the experiance. You get to blow up the power plant, for one thing. Also, when you complete the game, you get to see a preview for Revolutions, which looks just plain awesome. I'm espicially(sp?) looking forward to the Neo vs Agent Smith showdown.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]The voice in the Revolutions trailer sounds different to the original actress's voice, in my opinion. In fact, I was originally wondering who it was supposed to be.

So, it sounds like it might be another Oracle...who knows. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yes the Oracle will be a diffrent women. I heard the actress' name was Mary Alice but I may be wrong.

I think that Matrix is the freakiest and coolest movie. I love Matrix since I saw the first one and I saw Reloaded which was even more good, now I am waiting for Revoultions to see what happens.

• 3 months later...
I just watched the Matrix: Reloaded and all i got to say is i love it when Link says "He's doing the superman thing again" Ilove it when Neo starts the superman thing or flying he bends down, places one hand in front of himself and then bursts off into the sky!!!!!! How amazing!!

[size=1] I also love it how you bring back a thread that is three months old! And you say, "the superhuman things so cool, when he spilts the ground and cuts it in half and goes all wavye."

Wayne's World. Excellent.

Rock on Garth.

And beat a thread to bleeding.[/size]

A bit of advice. Don't reply in threads that haven't been active in over a month (or 3 months, for that matter), especially when there's already a similar thread that's active on the first page. For the sake of not having too many Matrix threads on one page, I'm closing this older one.