Ryuujin Posted April 15, 2003 Posted April 15, 2003 Here is a new banner I made to go along with my theme. What are some of your thoughts on it? Any suggestions as to mkae it better. Don't be easy on me, I can take it. Thanks
Juu Posted April 15, 2003 Posted April 15, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]Hey, that's really neat. ^_^ I think it would've looked a litty bit nicer if the face was zoomed out a little, so it would be a little clearer. The font is a little hard to read, too, considering its color on the red. It looks nice. ^_^ 8/10.[/color] [/size]
Braidless Baka Posted April 15, 2003 Posted April 15, 2003 Personally... I'd say make your font a little bigger and don't fade it... that font's hard to read at the best of times, and if it's bold, un-bold it (yeah i have an issue with that font ^_^) But I REALLY like the eye thing you have going on! don't touch it!
GinnyLyn Posted April 15, 2003 Posted April 15, 2003 Don't touch the image! *slaps OutlawDragon's hand away from it* Just fix the text color. *points to it* 9/10. ^_^
Boo Posted April 15, 2003 Posted April 15, 2003 My only consern would be that the txt is a bit hard to read, but that forces peeps to look at banner eh?
Ryuujin Posted April 15, 2003 Author Posted April 15, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark_Apocalyps [/i] [B]My only consern would be that the txt is a bit hard to read, but that forces peeps to look at banner eh? [/B][/QUOTE] You caught me. I saw someone else's banner and the text was faded, and I had to look closer to read it, and got the idea. I put a less fadded test behind it so there is a shadow type effect. The text is not bold, that is regular, atleast I think so. I may edit the test a tad, but that's it. Thanks for your comments and keep them coming. Oh. What about my avatar? Should I edit it in anyway? Thanks .:Edit:. Oh and Juu it is not zoomed in that is a direct crop of the orginal image. :)
Syk3 Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 Not bad. I like the overall image and border to it. Probably the only thing that I would do to the image is add some horizontal black lines going across like your old orange banner, but fade them a lot. Also, the text could really be improved. I can't read it that well, so you may want to consider changing the font. My rating: [b]7.5/10[/b]
Mitch Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 [color=black][size=1][font=rockwell] The only thing I don't like is the more brighter, purple-like color to the left. It just shouldn't be like that in my mind; the hair color shouldn't change that drastically, even if there's a light effect or whatnot. The border's done very well. I like how small yet there it looks. And yes, I would change that font; it's pretty hard to read, and there's better looking sorts of fonts for this banner then that. Overall, I'd say it's pretty well done. 6.9/10.[/color][/size][/font]
Ryuujin Posted April 17, 2003 Author Posted April 17, 2003 I add those lines to the image as you suggested Syk3. However I love the font as is so instead of changing it I will add text in my sig, that will say The Dragon King. Thanks for you suggestions. Keep a look out for more of my work, as I will be messing around Photoshop and Illustartor more than usual. Thanks [color=teal]EDIT:[/color] Sorry for the double post but I put in the wrong attachment. This one should work. Oh and Mitch the hair color I didn't do, a friend of mine did it. Although I will keep that in mind, so I can tell her next I talk to her. Again sorry for double post.
SaiyanPrincessX Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 I absolutely love it! Theres just something about it that lures me in. I love the idea of the zoomed in eye. Its very clear aswell. The text doesn't really bother me but I guess it would help if it were clearer. 9/10 ^_^ Edit: Silleh me just realizing you posted a newer version.:rolleyes: I like the scan lines but I perfer it without them. Are you going to use either?
GinnyLyn Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 Yeah, that's the only thing that is bothering me, is the text color. It fades out into the empty space too easily, and the black to white just doesn't seem right for an otherwise saturated color image (frelling art classes! :bluesweat). Methinks you should do something to the text color, to make it stand out more. Other than that, still wonderful. Holding at 9/10.
Syk3 Posted April 17, 2003 Posted April 17, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i] [B]I add those lines to the image as you suggested Syk3. However I love the font as is so instead of changing it I will add text in my sig, that will say The Dragon King. Thanks for you suggestions. Keep a look out for more of my work, as I will be messing around Photoshop and Illustartor more than usual. Thanks [color=teal]EDIT:[/color] Sorry for the double post but I put in the wrong attachment. This one should work. Oh and Mitch the hair color I didn't do, a friend of mine did it. Although I will keep that in mind, so I can tell her next I talk to her. Again sorry for double post. [/B][/QUOTE] There, you've got it now. Just fade the lines a *little* more. I'll give it an [b]8/10[/b] once those changes are done. I still think you should change that font...or at least the color to a color in the picture, heh.
Rikku Posted April 18, 2003 Posted April 18, 2003 [color=0099ff]I really like the image, but it's sorta, I dunno...Unoriginal? I like the shape of the banner and all, but since it's a direct crop, it's kinda dull. IMO, keep the scan lines; it softens the harsh glare of the whiteness. As for the text, the faded one should be moved down to the right, sort of next to the other text, but inside the border. That way it will be easier to see the text because it's on top of the hair. You don't have to change it though. ^_^;[/color]
Ryuujin Posted April 19, 2003 Author Posted April 19, 2003 Ava update. I have a new avatar. Not anything special, just better than one I have now. Here is it. Critiqe if you will, but I'm looking for suggestions as what to add to it. Thanks.
Syk3 Posted April 20, 2003 Posted April 20, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i] [B]Ava update. I have a new avatar. Not anything special, just better than one I have now. Here is it. Critiqe if you will, but I'm looking for suggestions as what to add to it. Thanks. [/B][/QUOTE] It's...okay. The edges blend too much with the white around it, in my opinion, and it could use an outline of some sort.
Ryuujin Posted April 20, 2003 Author Posted April 20, 2003 Have any ideas what I could add to it, to make it better? Some sort of animation. I can't really think of anything. Any ideas send them this way. I really need. Thanks.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now