Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=royalblue]
I just yesterday started watching this series, and have seen the first two episodes...and I have to say it is hillarious! I already like the setting more than evangelion. I really like the comedy level too. Anyone share my views?
[/color]
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[color=royalblue]
Umbrella??

Okay...anyway, it's about a traveling person, Kenshin, who is a great swordsman (samurai setting) He stops in one town, and saves a person from the fake "Battousai the Manslayer" when in fact, Kenshin himself was Battousai the Manslayer, yet he has a calm soul.

In the next episode Kenshin and the girl he saved (can't remember her name right now!) run into a pickpocket, who is pickpocketing because he owes a fake debt to a syndicate, when he was really paying that off as their puppet. The girl tries to save him from the syndicate, and after a while there is a fight and she take many down, but the Gansuke the Manslayer comes along and is about to kill her when Kenshin comes in and knocks him out without even attacking. They take the boy, Himaru, on as an apprentice, and that's about all I know.
[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]My little sister is obsessed with this show. She has the first three volumes and then the first OVA of the series. I like it myself. I'm a big fan of Sanosuke. I like Kenshin, but he's not all that great of character until volume 2, when he gets all serious and stuff. But yeah, it's a good all around series and I recommend it.[/color][/size]
Posted
[COLOR=blue]I've never seen Samurai anime, I might look into that. By the way, here's the quote I was talking about.

"I like my umbrella!" Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]OH YEAH, I had something else to say here...but it slipped my mind for the second...Oh now I remember, Kenshin is definately, I repeat, [b]DEFINATELY[/b], NOT better than Evangelion. But everyone has their own opinions, so I'm not going to knock yours. Maybe you like comedy better, I don't know. Or maybe you're watching the OVAs and I have everything mixed up...which I hope I don't...but yeah...

Which series are you watching? The one where they are at war or the one with Kaoru? Then I might know what I'm talking about...[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=royalblue]
The one with Kaoru (thanks for reminding me of her name), anyway, I have no clue what an OVA is...I'm kinda slow...j/k, but anyway, if you get the one with Kaoru, watch episode 4!!
[/color]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]Yeah, we have the first three volumes of that series at my house. Volume 2 is the coolest one out the three so far to me. It's when Kenshin shows his serious side and he has to save Kaoru and stuff. And yeah, I love episode 4 because I really like Sanosuke. He's such a doll...with his big brutal sword...:rolleyes:[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]Kenshin is OKAY, and I consider Yahiko a very small child that I wouldn't mind having as my own, but I definately like Sanosuke. He's beautiful and he's brash, and I think, in volume three, this chic named Megumi really has a thing for him. But I wont give anything away, I just really think you should get more of the series and watch it. It's really cute and it's funny, too. It's still incomparable to Evangelion, though...[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=royalblue]
Evangelion was confusing to me because I couldn't get a hold of eps 23-26, and I didn't understand anything in the movie except Shinji became the source of life (Lillith) and they had wierd live footage...:p

So that's why I like it better, and I like the style, I like the style of it...I don't know how ot explain it.
[/color]
Posted
Aoshi and Saitoh!!!! They'll appear later so keep on watching.

OAV1 --> Kenshi during his Slasher days (5 episodes)
OAV2 --> Summary and Conclusion of the series (2 episodes)
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]Aoshi isn't that great of a character and he [spoiler]dies early on anyway[/spoiler]...so yeah. And I DO NOT like Megumi, but I only think that's because she's all macking on Sanosuke, and I like him...

Okay, watch the end of Eva before you dog it, you strange little weirdo Aries, you....*points her finger at him!* J/k ;)[/color][/size]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
;) Eh wait a minute let me check the topic titile, Kenshin? Umm why did you meantion Eva, lets stay on the topic pretty please!;) :D
Posted
[color=royalblue]
No one has told me what an OVA is!! I'm so confused....it's just something I don't know. Anyway, no spoilers please QA!!! Okay, forgot their name, don't remember who dies >dangit! It popped back in< WHY?! QA? WHY?!?! >.< Okay, i know Aioshi dies now, oh well. Anyway, how many episodes are there in Kenshin?
[/color]
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
OVA stands for Original Video Animation, so now you know and knowing is half the GIJOE hehehe, sorry got a little carried away there ;)
Posted
[color=royalblue]
Lol, thanks, I also got a PM from Amiboshi a minute ago telling me that, and that it was a prelude/continuation of the series sorta.
[/color]
Posted
there's around 90-100 episodes of Rurouni Kenshin. I love Kenshin, he seems like just the sweetest guy ^_^. I don't like Yahiko that much, he's a bit too obnoxious for my tastes. but then again, he [i]is[/i] only a little kid. the first couple of volumes seem a little slow, but I'll be glad when they start getting to the juicy stuff in the series:D.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]Aoshi isn't that great of a character and he dies early on anyway...so yeah. And I DO NOT like Megumi, but I only think that's because she's all macking on Sanosuke, and I like him...

Okay, watch the end of Eva before you dog it, you strange little weirdo Aries, you....*points her finger at him!* J/k ;)[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Wait! Wait! Wait! Aoshi doen't die early on. He would definitely appear later on in the series I'm sure about it. He shows up pretty soon after Saitoh makes his appearance and when he does he becomes one big ...... and starts to lay the smack dab on everyone's ..........

In the manga part he also plays another important role in the Enishi saga so he's not dead... yet.
Posted
Aoshi doesn't die. He's stays aliiivveee (huurraayyy).
Hiko is a great character too. ^o^
I think the shimabara arc are the greatest eps I've seen. Sanosuke his look changes a bit and he become more handsome O.O, cuuuttee.
Posted
Kenshin is a great anime and probably would be on my favorite anime list if i ever decided to make one. Ive seen 31 eps of the show (I think its a total of 95 eps) and the OVas so far and Im looking forward to see the rest. The OVAs are a lot more serious and have much more violence in them. Not to mention, it is the ulitmate end of the series.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Def_Kun [/i]
[B]
In the manga part he also plays another important role in the Enishi saga so he's not dead... yet. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=royalblue]
Who is Enishi?!?! I used to have an avatar of him (I know because I saved the image and it saved as Kenshin_Enishi.jpg). Anyway, at my old boards, I kept asking who he was, cuz there were some major Kenshin fans, yet still no one responded (even though I was respected :flaming:) so who is he?
[/color]
Posted
*Points to banner*

Kenshin is a [u]great[/u] series. I love Kenshin's character..... his past makes him so much more.... believable I guess. I've only seen the first Samurai X OVA... the first two episodes... I'm sooooo anxious to see the rest of it. I've seen the first 3 volumes on Rurouni Kenshin (I borrowed them from QA's sister ^_^), even though I would love to see the whole series. Subbed in this series is better. Kenshin's seiyuu is a woman, infact all the characters are done by women, but it sounds really good, and you can't really tell unless you concentrate on it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B]...um.... not [i]all[/i] the characters. Sanosuke doesn't sound like a woman to me, lol. Ueda Yuuji is a [i]guy[/i] :p. [/B][/QUOTE]

He's an awesome Seiyuu... I LOVE him.... his voice is just perfect for the role of Sanosuke...

Anyway, yeah, the series is awesome. I've seen everything in association with Kenshin, except the two TV specials, which I know about but have yet to actually see them. Anyway... the series was awesome 'till about the end of the Kyoto Arc... the Arcs after that were all boring and dull. They really should have animated the Revenge arc for the series. The first OAV was awesome. Loved it.... bloody mess I say!... and the second OAV was even better, although they should have added more. Alot of people missed out on alot. They never showed the whole plot to capture and kill Kenshin by Enishi and all his buddies. I guess you'll have to read tha manga for that.

But yeah, overall Kenshin is my favorite series.... it's unique to the time of anime which occurs in space or with super powers... Kenshin comes in with just good ole' sword skills in the early 1900s.... so it was a different twist on the time... which probably made it alot more popular. Plus, all the girls love Sano... hehehe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...