Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]This post: [/color][/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by hitokiri_shi[/i]
[b]i got samurai x: trust and betrayal for x-mas. that was pretty good. if u haven't watched it u should. it's really sad.[/b][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]..is borderline spam. Please clean up your post quality and read the rules at the OtakuBoards Information Center. Thank you![/color][/size]
  • Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
VIZ has earned my approval!! Earlier on in their series , Ranma and Inuyasha, disliked their filipping of the art and the translation of the effects that were rather large and glaring. tT took away the wonderful art. But when i read the Kenshin manga from Viz it was very good. The new policy of keeping the book right to left is good because kenshin is not left handed and making him so would cause a few probs w/ his techniques..also the manga's art is quite different from the Anime its darker somehow and has a more energetic feel to it. For some parts of the anime the art was rather boring and bland...so support Keshin and buy the manga

PS its way cheap too!! only 7 dollers
Posted
Does anyone prefer Manga to Anime...
--it's hard to tell if I do... I like seeing my favorite manga in action as Anime... but Anime never seem to go as deeply as Manga, plus Manga artwork seems to be higher in quality... Anyone agree?
Posted
I've seen most of the Rurouni Kenshin episodes. But it depends on if you bought Samuri X or Rruouni Kenshin: wandering Samuri. The First set of episode is about who kenshin is, his abilitites, and the introducing of new characters. They also have a lot to do with what Kenshin must go thought a Battousi the ManSlayer. Many of Kenshin's old enemies and new rivals are after him, trying to kill him as a job assignment, or they want his life to they may capture the title of the warrior who defeated the revolutions strongest fighter. They also tell why and when Kenshin becomes a wonderer, and and what he goes though to not break his vow of never killling again. The second set of episodes shows the brutality of the revolution through Kenshins flashbacks. Also Kenshin's successor, who takes Kenshin's title of the assassin in the darkness when Kenshin chooses to fight out in the open as Battousi the manslayer, has dreams of ruling all of Japan, and what Kenshin must do to win against his successor, resulting in some pretty weird alliances. I have not seen the third set of episodes, but i know pretty much what they are about. But to understand them more I strongly suggest watching the four Samuri X DVD's(or at least the first and second one) because they show what happens to Kenshin during the revolutin that ends up resulting in the third set of episodes, in Rurouni Kenshin.


If anyone would like to be my buddy ,feel free to PM me.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Rurouni Kenshin is showing now on saturday nights at 11pm on cartoon Network...it used to be on toonami but after the time change there was less editing so its better than the kiddy stuff they did..still the dubbing gives me a headache...reading the manga would be better because you can start and stop whenever and whereever you want
  • 2 months later...
Guest Momiji Sohma
Posted
[COLOR=Green]I have a question, who is your favorite Rurouni Kenshin character?
Mine has to be Seta Soujiro!!!!
First of all, I admire how he can kill and still be smiling while killing(once I tried to smiling the whole day, it didn't work). Secondly, he is super powerful with his sword(forgot what it was called). Lastly, personally I think he is totally and completely kawaii!!!
Over & Out [/COLOR]
Posted
[SIZE=2]mine had to be Sanosuke hehe cos:
-he's cute :love:
-he's strong (unbelievably so)
-he's funny
-he's very determined (in my opinion)[/SIZE]


[FONT=Century Gothic]Dark Kakashi Out[/FONT]

[COLOR=Navy]How about using complete sentences? All the cool kids are doing it...

~Dagger~[/COLOR]
  • 4 months later...
Posted
This show was very touching and had alot of feeling put into in.I was very upset when this show was taking off Cartoon Network because it didn't get to far into the story.The music to this anime is really beautiful I could listen to it all day.From what I could tell there are many shows to this one story and I want to see them all.I mean who could resist Kenshins face!!!!!!!
  • 3 months later...
Posted
Hi. The first time I saw Rurouni Kenshin was last month on the weekend. I finally bought the first DVD and I love Rurouni Kenshin. My favorite episodes are "Kid Samurai" and "Bad!". My favorite character is Sanosuke. I can't wait till I have the money to buy more Rurouni Kenshin DVDs!

Lucy.
Posted
YO,
I resently began watching kenshin but have read the first five manga volumes and seen the latter part of the show. I would have to say that sanosuke is my favorite but he looks allot cooler with the Zanbato then after it gets whacked.
P.S. the Battosia owns
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Animehanyou13
Posted
Hey,

I don't know about anybody else in the forum, but I think Kenshin and Sano are really, REALLY cute and I wish it was possible to go out with an anime character.
  • 5 months later...
Guest juzzam
Posted
Im new to the series (seen ep.1-5), but last night on ebay I won the entire original japenese DVDs (ep.1-95).
I cant wait till I get them as this series is AMAZING!
Posted
I really enjoy this series, that's probablly why i went and bought the whole series box set and all 3 movies. My favorite semi-villian is this christain guy after Shishio, but that is all i will say for i do not want to spoil it. There is alot i'd like to talk about this series but i'm not the spoiling type, all i say is watch the series and enjoy and come up with your own conclusions.
Posted
Has anyone noticed that In Vol.1 of the graphic novel Kenshins hair is nice and puffy, but in vol.28 (I've seen it on the internet) His hair is really flat and his eyes look way diffrent. Same with Kaoru. I wonder why.
Posted
I have noticed alot of changes but then that's the movie and the episods. They probably made it different for a reason or something. It sucks when they do that. The people who made kenshin needs to set up on how kenshin is going to look like but then what do I know.
Posted
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=SlateGray]kenshin is a great movie about a wandering samurai. it's very funny and entertaining. One thing that I see don't fit in RK is the fillers after the Kyoto Arch. although I heard that it was there because the director didn't know when to put Tomoe's credit on. Hey, anyone watch the whole Jinchuu Arch? Because I miss the part when Kenshin was telling about his ex-wife. I was debating with my aunt saying that kenshin told the story about how he got his scar, when my aunt says that kenshin only told kaoru them about his ex-wife and Enishi. did Kenshin tell Kaoru and his 'family' about how he got his scar, or just his ex-wife?

Well, if any of you really think the Rurouni Kenshin tv series is great, you should really watch Samurai X: trust and betryal. It's is AWESOME althouth very gory, to some of my stupid friends who thinks so. I really want to watch Samurai x: reflection. But I got no money to buy it. Also, if any of you are planning to watch any Samurai X or RK's OVAs then get some tissure ready on the last epoisodes or two! :animecry:

Also did CN put out all RK series? Because I only saw it 'till Kenshin says, "I'm home." I think they cut off the Jinchuu arch and fillers.

sorry for all the spoilers, but i don't know how to hide them...needs help! :(
[/COLOR] [/FONT]
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sakabatou
Posted
Jinchuu Arc was never animated, a real pity. But, as a Kenshin fan, it didn't really bother me that there were so many filler episodes. In fact, I actually loved them. :animesmil . Anyway, when was the first time the dubbed version of Rurouni Kenshin was aired? (on whichever channel). I've only watched the Japanese version 3 times, and the English one halfway through.
Posted
I agree, I would have loved for the Jinchuu arc to have been in the anime :( . Luckly Samurai X helped explain what happened :D . I'm waiting for the post-Shishio manga to hit US shores so I can get the whole story.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange]The OVA briefly touches the awesomness of Jinchuu Arc. And for THAT, I recommend going to the manga starting at volume 18 and ending at volume 28 :D If you check out the bookstores, I think that the manga has been released up to volume 16 -- so it won't be too long now :D But yes, Jinchuu is by far the best.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Master_J']I agree, I would have loved for the Jinchuu arc to have been in the anime :( . Luckly Samurai X helped explain what happened :D . I'm waiting for the post-Shishio manga to hit US shores so I can get the whole story.[/quote]
  • 3 months later...
Posted
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that Kenshin say's alot of the time about how he will atone for his sins. I'am only bringing this up because of his cross shaped scar I don't know how many people have herd the saying about how we all have our own crosses to bare. I think that it is cool how it is showing that litteraly in Kenshin's case.
Posted
In the manga, Kenshin says "de gozaro yo" (it is) at the end of a lot of sentences. That's where the "that it is", "that they are", etc. stuff comes from.

I like Richard Hayworth. I think he did a fine job as Kenshin's voice actor (better than a woman. What the hell were they thinking?). I also love Lex Lang as Sano. He really hit the character on the head for me.

The voices I really couldn't stand were the ones that sounded like they were from the south, Tae and Sae and Chou the Sword Hunter. Hello. This is Japan, not Texas folks!
Posted
::droll:: oowwwww I LOVEEEE KENSHIN!!! ilove it!!! GAHHHHH! i love samurai animes!!!! kenshin's one of my favorites!!!!!! >_< who can ever think kenshin suck!!!?? huh? answer that! anyways,as you can see... i'm one of kenshin's fan and i dolove other animes too.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEE KENNNSHINNNNNNNNNN!!!! battousai~~! mine~~!

oh, kenshin's little baby is cute tooo~~!
oro~~~!

-morai - channnnnnnnnn~
Posted
[quote name='HitokiriTaijiya']The voices I really couldn't stand were the ones that sounded like they were from the south, Tae and Sae and Chou the Sword Hunter. Hello. This is Japan, not Texas folks![/quote]
I imagine those characters probably spoke a Japanese dialect in the original version of the series. When dub producers try to emulate the effect that a dialect might have on a native Japanese speaker's ears, they often make the English voice actress or actor use a heavy southern accent (although an accent and a dialect aren't quite the same thing to begin with).

ADV does this a lot--for example, Osaka in Azumanga Daioh speaks with a southern accent to set her apart from the other characters, since in the Japanese version she spoke Kansai-ben/Osaka-ben.

~Dagger~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...